Rate your server - Brutally Honest!

JonSnovv's Avatar JonSnovv11/10/17 2:12 pm history
11/26/2017 2:03 pm
Jams1664's Avatar Jams1664
Hey Guys!

I will be rating servers on this topic. I will score the server a mark out of 100 based on originality, flair and how the community and staff are. I will be brutally honest!

Marking Criteria:
Spoiler - click to reveal
Originality: /25 - How original is the your server? Has the idea been done before thousands of times?

Functionality: /25 - How well does your server function for what it is? Is there glitches? Will I get lost or stuck somewhere? do the plugins work?

Flair: /25 - How well is your idea executed? Have you built your own spawn? Does the style of the buildings fit with the style of the server?

Community: /25 - Do you have mature staff? Is there a constant player base? Are your rules fair?

Bonus: - I can award bonus marks if I believe that your server has potential. For example if your server is original and works well but lacks a player base I will award extra marks.

Reply to this thread with your:
- Servers name:
- IP address:
- Version:
- A little bit about your server:
- Any other information you may want to tell me before I log on:

I will edit my favorite servers into this post!
Hope to see you soon :p

(you must be the owner or have permission from the owner to post here)

Become a member to vote!
JonSnovv
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/25/2017 5:04 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Architect
Drepy
also if u see mods on make sure they dont abuse their /v as their new, i dont they they do , just make sure cos idk if they do, they have alot of fun with /gm and /v xD
11/25/2017 5:00 am
Drepy
- Servers name: PvPpors
- IP address: pvppors.mcpro.io
- Version: 1.8 - 1.8.9
- A little bit about your server: this is a factionsPvP server, but we have alot of other features
- Any other information you may want to tell me before I log on: this server has just been created and there are gliches..ect the shop isnt finished as we went to 1.8 from 1.12.1 and the shop has been destoyed and we had to redo it :( please join, thanks
11/21/2017 3:02 pm
Level 22 : Expert Blockhead
raidarr
Fun thread. Have an emerald.
11/19/2017 8:10 am
Level 31 : Artisan Pony
StealingDaPenta
- Servers name: Civilia
- IP address: civiliamc.com
- Version: 1.11.2
- A little bit about your server: Big project, only thing it currently lacks is players
- Any other information you may want to tell me before I log on:https://www.planetminecraft.com/server/civilia/ We have plenty of custom stuff.
11/25/2017 4:16 am
JonSnovv
The server didn't seem amazingly original - to me it looked like a simple towny. (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). I noticed you had some kind of mythical enchanting thing which uses essence, this is pretty cool however it doesn't drastically effect game play especially for new players. I checked out the website and liked the fat guy and the player market. The spawn was a little confusing and overwhelming, It could be simplified slightly. Also the teleport portals didn't work for me plus /rtp teleported me underground.
Originality: 5/25
Functionality: 22/25
Flair: 8/25
Community: 0/25
Bonus: 5
40/100
11/25/2017 4:36 am
Level 31 : Artisan Pony
StealingDaPenta
Well, I asked you in the "other information" to read our information.
We have a lot of custom stuff you didn't mention, so of course you don't think we're original.
Our community you give a 0/25;however I bet you didn't even know we have a discord channel full of people where you could get to know our community when no one is online, which seemed to be the case when you logged on.
The teleports didnt work as the sign stated, /warps it is for now.
RTP underground is a coincidence. Never happened before; you can just /rtp again.

Your way of reviewing: 25/100
11/19/2017 7:39 amhistory
Level 9 : Apprentice Network
Jams1664
- Servers name: YourWorldMC
- IP address: play.yourworldmc.us
- Version: 1.12.2
- A little bit about your server: Vanilla Survival -No Grief or Steal (Enforced well without plugins). It is all fully custom.
- Any other information you may want to tell me before I log on: Enjoy =)
11/25/2017 4:04 am
JonSnovv
I don't know how popular vanilla survival is these days however your server seems to be pretty nice. Simple idea - Clean and simple spawn which looks nice. Everything seemed to work fine.
Functionality: 25/25
Flair: 10/25
Community: 5/25
bonus: 10
55/100
11/26/2017 2:03 pm
Jams1664
Thank you.
Can you supply any negatives? I enjoy taking feedback and working from it to improve the server.
11/21/2017 2:53 pm
Jams1664
ETA on when this will be done? @JonSnovv
11/15/2017 9:58 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Architect
AntrixNetwork
- Servers name: AntrixMc
- IP address: zombie.antrix.us
- Version: 1.8-1.12.2
Antrix is a brand new server network. We plan to release with ZombieMC, and then work
on Grand Theft Auto, KitPVP, Call of Duty, Survival, and Mini Games. Then Expand from there!

Currently, Only ZombieMC is open!
11/19/2017 7:15 am
JonSnovv
I managed to connect, however I am not going to rate your server due to the fact that literally nothing works. you need to sort out your permissions. When you've got things working get back to me.
11/18/2017 6:54 am
JonSnovv
I cant connect.
11/18/2017 5:04 pm
AntrixNetwork
Try it now
11/18/2017 5:00 pm
AntrixNetwork
Hmm. I'll look in on it and get back to you.
11/15/2017 12:42 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Lad
Spy Jay
- Servers name: Roleplay MC
- IP address: RoleplayMC.us
- Version: 1.12.2
- A little bit about your server: It's a server network that consists of RPG servers (e.g Marvel, Injustice, Space Adventures)
- Any other information you may want to tell me before I log on: The Injustice server is still in development, you won't be able to log on to it. And, the Marvel Server hasn't been done before many times, but it's been done before LONG time ago. There are currently only two Marvel Servers open.
11/15/2017 3:07 pmhistory
JonSnovv
Nice idea for the servers. both have potential. On the space one - maybe give a little more info on how to travel to different planets / use your ship. With the marvel one I wasn't entirely sure what I was doing. I was aimlessly walking around a city (which is a really nice build) Maybe give a little more direction in what to do and how to play that. Possibly use mythic mobs or something to populate the city with civilians and maybe even bad guys. The lobby/hub was quite bad. It didn't look great and I fell off and died as soon as I spawned.

Originality: 16/25
Functionality: 18/25
Community: 1/25
bonus: 12
55/100
11/15/2017 3:13 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Lad
Spy Jay
Thanks, I reasonably get why the ratings were a little low. But we're working on giving each server more emphasis to avoid confusion, thanks.
11/16/2017 12:06 pm
JonSnovv
You got the highest Originality score so far on this thread :p You just have to improve the quality of the gameplay.
11/14/2017 1:55 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
mccarthyhayden
- Servers name: Broken Compass
- IP address: 162.244.165.123
- Version: 1.12.1
- A little bit about your server: Economy survival server with player shops, unique ranks, and jobs for income.
- Any other information you may want to tell me before I log on: Have fun!
11/15/2017 12:36 pm
JonSnovv
I liked your server. A simple concept very well executed with a nice chat layout and easy to follow instructions. The spawn could maybe be a tiny bit bigger? Its a shame there aren't very many players though.

Originality: 12/25
Flair: 15/25
Functionality: 24/25
Community: 1/25
bonus: 10
62/100
11/15/2017 8:48 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
mccarthyhayden
Thank you! its a new server that needs more advertising but I will look in to what I can change to make it more unique and interesting. Thank you for your honest review!
11/17/2017 2:45 pm
JonSnovv
No problem :)
11/14/2017 1:04 pmhistory
Level 6 : Apprentice Network
_Jaaaake
- Servers name: Pixl'D Survival
- IP address:
play.pixl-d.com
- Version:
It's a server that fulfills X's vision of how Minecraft should be, here.
  • You absolutely need to read the wiki here, otherwise the crafting recipes and everything else will not be known to you.

• It is a server catered towards extremely hardcore and mature players, by hardcore, I mean every aspect of the server is customized towards the user's character's death, or at least make it hard for them.

The documentation is not fully transferred tot he website, yet. View the google documents version here.
11/14/2017 2:25 am
Level 1 : New Network
LordKaze
- Servers name: Kage Craft
- IP address: 176.31.115.196
- Version: 1.10.2
- A little bit about your server: We are a Naruto RPG/PVP Server.
- Any other information you may want to tell me before I log on: The server is under development, and lacks many features but we are close to finishing our first build.
11/13/2017 4:05 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
SystemError
- Server Name: Ethel.Mc-Srv.Com
- Store: EthelShop.Ml
- Version: 1.9 but try 1.8.9 just to make sure.

- Info: Ethel Factions is a faction server (duh) in beta it came out of alpha around the ending of September. The server is probs your average faction server with the usual plugins like... Custom Enchants. But there is KoTH and soon PvP.

- Any other info: A lot of time was put into it (besides spawn) because we don't have builds or staff so we downloaded one until we can get some builders to help us out. There aren't many players but I started advertising it recently and the voting system is still being worked on. I think the server is good I tested a lot of the things so everything SHOULD be working fine. But there is always room for improvements :3
11/16/2017 12:26 pm
JonSnovv
As you said, you downloaded the spawn, So I wont take that into account. The server felt like it had a nice style despite it being very unoriginal. I spoke to a mod who had access to /v and permission to spawn in items - Moderators should not have access to these commands if they are playing alongside regular players. When I asked him why he had access to /v he rudely exclaimed "Dont tell us how to run our server". Another major issue with the server is that its still in 1.8.9 ... you really need to update if you want people to join.

Originality: 3/25
Flair: 4/25
Community: -5/25
27/100
11/16/2017 4:06 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
SystemError
Hello, can you tell me the mods name? I made sure all the staff ranks are "fair" the only rank with creative is builder and owner none of the staff ranks have creative or any type of perm to "spawn in items" also /v was a big issue and it wasn't allowed at first but a lot of staff asked for it.
11/17/2017 12:20 pm
JonSnovv
Can't remember the name. He had a typical 'teenage boy' skin. I think. And don't give in to players or lower ranks than you when it comes to giving out stuff. Take that /v away. They do not need that.
11/13/2017 4:00 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Network
VivianDach
Server's name: Vivian's Factions
IP address: play.vivian.moe
Version: 1.12.2, 1.8 combat mechanics.
A little bit about my server: It's a community oriented PvP Raiding Factions server that I've made with one clear goal: Superb performance and optimization for the smoothest gameplay experience.
Any other information I may want to tell: Not really, see for yourself (:

Any feedback is most appreciated.
11/14/2017 1:50 pm
JonSnovv
Vivian's Factions

When I joined I was impressed by the tutorial/spawn place - it was refreshing to see a spawn that isn't some kind of glorified box. The general concept of the server (factions pvp raiding) is very unoriginal and overdone which means you are less likely to attract new players to your server. My advice is to come up with an idea to make the server more original.

Originality: 1/25
Flair: 6/25
Bonus: 5
36/100
11/13/2017 3:55 pmhistory
Level 3 : Apprentice Network
HunterVR
- Servers name: themodem.net multi-game community
- IP address:
Freebuild: mc.themodem.net | Factions: factions.themodem.net | Anarchy: anarchy.themodem.net | KitPvP: kitpvp.themodem.net
- Version:
Factions and KitPvP support clients 1.8-1.12, Freebuild and Anarchy support clients 1.9-1.12
- A little bit about your server: We are a Canadian-ran and owned multi-game community originally launched in late 2012/early 2013 under a different name, and have slowly expanded to more gamemodes and games.
We run 4 Minecraft servers, 2 TF2 servers, and we also own a lot of gaming-related subreddits on reddit. Our Discord server has 350+ members.

Any suggestions/constructive feedback that can improve our community would be greatly appreciated. :)
11/14/2017 1:41 pm
JonSnovv
themodem
I joined all 4 of your servers. Ill give a mini review of each server then base the score on the average of all of the servers.

Freebuild:
It was evident that little effort was put into the spawn - the idea of the server was very boring and unoriginal.

Factions:
Again, an extremely dull spawn, if you can even call a flat patch of stone slabs a spawn. Factions is extremely overdone.

Anarchy:
I'm not a fan of the concept of anarchy servers. However this one is evidently terrible. There was no spawn or players except from 2 afk people, presumably staff.

KitPVP:
This was the best of the 4 servers. The spawn was fairly nice and it was clear and well organized. It's a shame there was no players online to actually PVP with.

Having 0 players online was a recurring theme on all 4 servers. Understandably I wasn't online at peak times but I doubt anyone would even want to play here. My best advice is just to focus on ONE server to start with until it has enough players active to branch out (if needed). Try using your imagination and utilizing your discord server to come up with an original idea for a server and execute it with skill.

Originality: 0/25
Functionality: 20/25
Flair: 4/25
Bonus: -15
9/100
11/13/2017 3:20 pm
BBoyJD10
- Servers name: KaoshKraft
- IP address: mc.kaoshkraft.net
- Version: 1.8 -> 1.12.2
- A little bit about your server: The fan network for Biggs87x and ZaiLetsPlay Youtube channels. We were established 5 years ago as a Survival server with an average player base of 50 playersd with 150 on weekends.
11/14/2017 1:23 pm
JonSnovv
KaoshKraft

A typical hub server with the usual mini-games. (survival, creative, skyblock. etc) everything seemed to be functional. Although I joined on a weekday (not peak time) it seemed like there was somewhat of a community. The idea of the server isn't very original or unique however if its true you have been running for 5 years that is impressive.

Originality: 7/25
Flair: 11/25
Community: 15/25
Bonus: 10
68/100
11/17/2017 5:23 pm
BBoyJD10
Try joining on one sunday evenings you should be surprised.
11/13/2017 2:47 pm
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
11/14/2017 12:37 pm
JonSnovv
RealSurvival

When I first connected I had high hopes for this server, I really enjoyed the tutorial as it gave a professional impression. The more I played and walked around I noticed it was fairly messy, you had a load of plugins (some of which I believe are quite unnecessary). The warps for the different biomes didn't work and the terrain near spawn was very messed up - lots of griefed buildings and craters. The spawn was quite boring (probably downloaded). However I can see potential in the server.

Functionality: 20/25
Community: 3/25
bonus: 7
43/100
11/14/2017 4:28 pm
Level 20 : Expert Network
Sparthia
Thanks for the feedback. You said that the warps don't work? But then you say the terrain near spawn is messed up?
1) You can't even escape spawn, it's all walls. The spawn is not downloaded either.
2) The warps do work and I even had some players test them.

You aren't really a great reviewer either - you fail to state anything good about the server. We have tons of programming and scripts which are custom which aren't even mentioned. All of our plugins are organized into a nice /help menu.

Not trying to be rude, just saying what I think.
11/15/2017 11:27 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Sus
amalien
I know this isn't my business but some of what you said irked me - "You fail to state anything good about the server."
Firstly, you're wrong. To quote him: "I really enjoyed the tutorial as it gave a professional impression," and "However I can see potential in the server."
Secondly, you won't improve if you refuse to take advice. Sorry if I'm butting in on this thread, but I felt the need to say something. Have a nice day!
11/15/2017 11:47 pmhistory
Level 11 : Journeyman Vampire
Sunstroke
I agree with this. The guy put his server here to be judged. This thread is almost entirely opinion-based. He doesn't like faction servers and it affects how he scores. He doesn't join servers at peak time, which can create bias as well (especially when one of the categories is community). Not to mention he actually took off "bonus" points from someone's score.

There's not really a proper judging system going on here, so you can't be mad when he says he doesn't like your server or give it a good score. It's his opinion and you set yourself up to hear it. If you weren't going to listen to criticism, why ask for it?

Also, sorry for barging in as well.
11/15/2017 12:20 pm
JonSnovv
About the warps, I apologize for not being totally clear. When I clicked the desert warp it took me to the forest one. And saying "We have tons of programming and scripts which are custom" is just a fancy way of saying you can use a plugins configuration... Even so; who, honestly, even cares if you have a nice looking /help menu. Its not like you have a complex server where players constantly rely on /help.
11/15/2017 12:45 pm
Level 20 : Expert Network
Sparthia
If you fail to realize that my server has custom programming then I don't know what you're doing reviewing servers. I programmed literally, by hand, thousands of lines of code for custom features and commands. Your review is, at this point, irrelevant to me.

You also contradict yourself; "you had a load of plugins" then you go on to say " Its not like you have a complex server."
11/25/2017 5:15 am
Drepy
sparthia i agree, ik how hard it is to make a server... and then someone just comes and says 'it sucks u noob' [wich is what basically jonsnovv said] i mean i came on , i think it does have bugs but its an amazing server, great /help..ect id give it a 79%... jonnovv i dont think you judge correctly you never say the good just the bad. you really need to consider being kinder and not hurting peoples feelings, like wtf ur just making people be sad
sorry for being rude
11/12/2017 7:35 am
Level 42 : Master Network
itslukemango
- Servers name: CraftYourTown
- IP address: mc.CraftYourTown.com
Most people play 9-11pm GMT/4-5pm EST
11/12/2017 9:08 amhistory
JonSnovv
Craft Your Town

Quite a nice server from what I saw. Towny, a pretty good player base, quests and slimefun. The spawn seemed fairly boring - a spawn you would typically see on a factions server. The chat was an absolute mess - The very disorganized titles with the &k magic letter thing. Hurts my brain :P but overall fairly good.

Originality: 14/25
Community: 12/25

58/100
11/12/2017 10:42 am
Level 42 : Master Network
itslukemango
I'll take that on-board, i'm on the chat :)
11/13/2017 2:37 pm
JonSnovv
Good to hear!
11/11/2017 6:32 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Botanist
VioletAnimoo
PlexiusMC
It's a Network I was previously Co-Dev there ;p

11/12/2017 5:59 am
JonSnovv
Do you have permission from the owner to post here?
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome