[Recruiting] Minecraft MMO (WIP, helpers wanted!!)

Telemindred's Avatar Telemindred6/16/18 12:53 am
1 emeralds 315 6
6/26/2018 10:53 am
Telemindred's Avatar Telemindred
Hey so I've been working on a plan for a minecraft adventure map, however the plan was so massive and had so much that needed work with, I realized I need a legitimate team to help me create it all. Not only that, but this adventure map was so huge, I realized I could turn it into a sort of MMO. So, I decided to post this here!

I have the general idea for the plot, as well as a few characters. It's being fleshed out but beyond that creating the world, the buildings and all of the npc's is going to be a lot of work for me. I can't do it alone and while I love building and think I'm pretty good myself, I'm no pro ^^; In the spoiler below I have a list of the type of helpers I need. If you yourself can't fill in one of the positions, or don't have the time, could you spread the word and help me find some people? It's a huge project that I'd like to see completed, and I won't get anywhere if I don't get the word out. I'll be sure to keep updating the progress as much as I can, and keep up with it and everyone helping.

One more thing to note: While builders and terraformers are indeed needed, I also am in great need of Modders. I'm accepting help from any/all modders, but there are some custom mods that I feel would require an advanced modder. Again, if you guys know someone who could and would help please check with them, and please spread the word!

Help Positions:

Spoiler - click to reveal
Plot Writers- This position is for anyone who wishes to help write the main story, any major stories/questlines (such as faction or kingdom questlines), as well as smaller based things like side quests and the like. Anyone can share their ideas for stories and quests, but these people would focus on this task

Modders- This position is for anyone who wishes to help with designing, creating and coding mods. The only help I would be for this section is sharing what we need or would like to have, as well as help develop lore and system outside of coding. As, well, I am very bad at coding, you could say modding is my achilles heel.

Texture Designers- This position is for anyone who wants to create the texture pack for the world, textures for the mods, as well as textures for the many skins for npcs. It's preferred that the texture pack remain similar to the default minecraft (if we do change the texture pack) if possible. In addition, there are many races, so this would be a large task as it's preferred that we have many variations of npcs so it's not so stale and all.

Teraformers- This position is for anyone who is good at creating, shaping and reshaping the landscape itself. Creating and changing biomes, shaping them to have detail, making valleys, marshes, mountains, deserts, islands and the like to be more realistic and believable. Another weak point of mine as no matter how much I try I just can't get the hang of it..

Builders- This position is for anyone who wants to build all of the towns, villages, cities, castles and fortresses, ruins, dungeons, etc. Builders would talk with teraformers first before constructing. While building can (probably will) be time consuming as there is a lot, we'll be using the custom npc's mod which has a neat function, allowing you to copy anything you build as a schematic, and have the npc's build it for you! It's extremely useful if you get the hang of it.

NPC/Quest Designers- This is probably the longest and perhaps tedious bit yet. While these will be designed at a later date it's always good to start planning these guys out ahead of time. This position is for anyone willing to construct and write out the many npcs that exist in the server. They also are in charge of writing out all of the quests and dialogues that have been written and planned.

One more thing: I currently don't have a desktop computer or a computer in general powerful enough to keep the server running all day long. So if anyone is willing to host the server for us to work on, that would be great! If you could keep a saved version of the world as a copy, and make a saved copy every day on google drive and such that would be even better, in case someone's power goes out or their computer busts. Then we could hand the save file over to someone who can run the server until the first person is up and running again.

A few rules if you're considering to help me:

I'm very much open to advice and opinions, thoughts and concerns, even constructive criticism (I actually encourage the last one), but I am the one starting this project up, so if I ask of something or refuse an idea, or suggest a change in someone's idea please don't be upset with me and try to understand.

I want this site to be pg-13, meaning no curse words, sexual scenes, words, comments or jokes written or shown anywhere in the world if at all possible.

Please check with me before changing, adding or removing anything in the actual world. If we get enough people to help work on this project we can establish team leaders whom you would go to, and they would check with me. Unless it's completely absurd however, I always try to listen and adjust plans to fit other people's ideas into things, so don't be afraid to ask or check!

Please respect other people's wishes. If another helper feels uncomfortable with a topic or conversation, please respect them and try and change the topic, or speak about it in private.

If you break any of these rules you will be given a warning. A second time will result in a ban. I really hate banning anyone but I will if I have to.

And that's it! If you decide you want to help out please comment below or message me directly! I won't be sharing any details on the world just yet, but if you do decide to help out then we can discuss it all then. I may send out teasers and hints as to what will be in the world and game in the future though ;)

Telemindred
Level 14 : Journeyman Mage