Pleasenotme's Avatar Pleasenotme10/15/21 11:33 pm history
11/7/2021 7:12 pm
TheGodlyTerrarian's Avatar TheGodlyTerrarian
This is the official suggestions thread for Rings SMP
Comment any suggestions you have below.

This is also where many official server polls will be held
Vote here to give your opinion.

Current Poll Topic:
Do you think players are too powerful? Do you think a human NPC should be comparable to a human player? Do you think NPCs should be smarter and faster?

This will add the following features if implemented:
  • Melee units will be a lot faster, with the fastest being able to outrun players
  • Archers will shoot even faster than they already do, and will walk backwards to stay at a distance
  • NPCs will strafe if they detect arrows, to avoid being shot to death
  • Shield-using NPCs will use them more smartly, but less commonly
  • LESS NPCS TO LAG UP YOUR GAME!
Pleasenotme
Level 59 : Grandmaster Nerd

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/07/2021 7:12 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Mage
TheGodlyTerrarian
Doo doo doo, just hanging out... NEEEROOOOM dead
10/28/2021 7:13 am
Pleasenotme
Added Rohirrim

They may look like normal good humans on horses, but they are a bit different

First thing, their horses make them ridiculously fast (return of the light-speed rohirrim)

Second thing, their attacks deal a lot more knockback
10/28/2021 7:14 amhistory
Pleasenotme
They are extremely deadly with their mount. However, once you kill their horse they are really quite weak.

The best way to combat them is to spam the Orc Knife at the horse until it dies.
11/01/2021 3:33 pm
TheGodlyTerrarian
black breath in a bunker go brrrrr
10/28/2021 4:10 am
Pleasenotme
Started work on faction-specific crafting. Evil players are now able to craft a "Shield of the Great Eye", which aside from being cheaper, looks cooler.
10/28/2021 1:47 am
Pleasenotme
Started work on SMORT orcs

Now Orcs are faster and better at dodging arrows (by which I mean they do actually try to)

Orc Archers shoot faster (1 arrow per second) and also avoid getting close to enemies

It is difficult for a single human-player to kill 2 Orcs OR 2 Orc Archers
10/28/2021 2:18 am
Pleasenotme
However, arrow-dodging AI is useless against other NPCs because their projectiles are a LOT faster (not even players can dodge them as easily)
10/28/2021 1:57 amhistory
Pleasenotme
Orcs also get a lot slower and weaker in light areas.

An odd side-effect of this is that they take almost no knockback in light-areas, because their motion is halved every tick.

In the dark, however, they are very deadly.
10/26/2021 9:05 am
Pleasenotme
10/28/2021 1:24 am
Level 37 : Artisan Vampire
Blue Piranha
YEAAA
10/27/2021 12:29 am
Level 56 : Grandmaster Lego Builder
MJ_mcMaster
YEHHHH
11/01/2021 3:35 pm
TheGodlyTerrarian
not even gonna
10/26/2021 9:55 am
Level 29 : Expert Procrastinator
Noah The Noah
"I Love Democracy"
10/26/2021 10:51 am
Pleasenotme
Will be added to thread.
10/25/2021 11:43 pm
Level 44 : Master Procrastinator
SoapSoapSoap
10/28/2021 7:32 am
Level 1 : New Miner
RiseOfPhoenix
I think they dont fit in Lord Of The Rings world
10/25/2021 11:52 pm
Pleasenotme
bcoz no
10/26/2021 12:52 am
Level 44 : Master Procrastinator
SoapSoapSoap
ok
10/21/2021 8:41 pm
elamogus
Mi nombre de aternos es :aticreativo
10/21/2021 8:50 pm
Pleasenotme
Lo siento, pero parece que el nombre de usuario no existe en aternos, ¿estás seguro de que es el nombre de usuario correcto?
10/25/2021 1:44 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Explorer
GameDoggo23
May I ask what language this is? It's cool
10/25/2021 1:50 am
Pleasenotme
Google Translate, actually. I don't speak Spanish.
10/21/2021 8:37 pm
elamogus
Hola, que se hace aqui??
10/21/2021 3:39 pm
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Bear
Silabear
My aternos username is TrueBearCraft (I suppose you know my MC username, Silabear). Please add me, I wanna check the smp out!
10/21/2021 8:50 pm
Pleasenotme
Done!
10/21/2021 2:00 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
Nitrohiker728
My aternos username is Nitrohiker728 pls add me to the server.
10/21/2021 2:01 pm
Pleasenotme
Done, now you have start access!
10/21/2021 8:20 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
DukeofShades
Not really a suggestion but I’d like to ask if I could use your pack on a small smp and possibly put it in yt videos? I’ll credit you of course.
10/21/2021 10:34 am
Pleasenotme
I'd love that! It would be great if you make youtube videos on it as long as you link the data packs in the description, and the data pack is specifically designed for servers!

I'd highly advise reading the server owners section of this data pack, which is the main data pack we use. Many of the features don't naturally occur without any admin setup, so I'll have to help you with that stuff (it's too long for a single comment to explain it)

We also use this data pack, which gives us the actual Rings of Power (the resource pack on the first data pack will work for both data packs, so you don't need to manually install both resource packs, just the data packs)

We update the first data pack pretty often, so I'd advise checking for updates every Monday or Tuesday. It's still a WIP data pack, so we often add important content and major bugfixes.

If ya could shoot me an invite to the server or something, I could help you with the setup this weekend!
10/21/2021 11:53 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
DukeofShades
Ty! I’m pretty experienced with server admin stuff but I’ll message you if I need it. Really looking forward to future updates, I want a saruman role so badly haha.
10/21/2021 12:04 pm
Pleasenotme
Well its just a few basic things really, but you'd have to dig into the data pack files to find them out.

Basically, there are functions to give yourself spawn eggs {/function rings_smp:spawn_egg/orc gives an orc spawn egg}, so you can use that.
Giving an entity the "SpawnOrc" tag will summon an orc and kill the entity, which is useful for spawners. This also works for other NPCs (the tag varies of course, SpawnElf for Elves, SpawnBadHuman for bad humans, etc.)

When using spawners to spawn the NPCs, it's best to use the base entity that's used for the hitbox and behaviour of the NPC to limit the amount of spawning.

/setblock ~ ~ ~ spawner{SpawnCount:3,SpawnRange:10,MinSpawnDelay:1200,MaxSpawnDelay:1200,MaxNearbyEntities:5,RequiredPlayerRange:25,SpawnData:{id::minecraft:zombified_piglin",Tags:["SpawnOrc"]}} replace
That command places a spawner that spawns Orcs every minute, until there are 5 Orcs nearby. The reason zombified piglins are used as the temporary spawning mob, is that Orcs are technically zombified piglins, so they count towards the spawn cap of zombified pigilns in teh spawner.

Similarly, Elves and humans are skeletons, Dwarves are baby zombies, Fire Drakes and Fell Beasts are Ravagers, and Hobbits are villagers.
10/20/2021 12:11 pm
Level 21 : Expert Cake
THCDPRO
idk i havn't played the server
10/19/2021 12:03 pmhistory
Noah The Noah
I think that a cool-down would be a good idea and maybe crafting as well but what I think should also be done is the addition of more powerful armor sets that you cant get from the kit they would be similar to Mythril but each would have their own strengths and weaknesses as well as be stronger or weaker than other armor sets. For example there could be-
-Ancient Dwarven Armor-
Which would give you complete immunity to all fire damage as well as maybe a weak fear aura based off of the armor that the Dwarves used to fight off the dragons. As the mask was said to be so horrible to look at that it made people run away in fear and the armor was said to be impervious to the Dragons breath attacks.

More armors like this would encourage players to attempt to recover their lost armor instead of just using their kit items as well as add an element of trying to get more powerful items. I think this idea would work but would also probably require a LOT of time to set it up so I will understand if you don't like this idea.

Edit: Also maybe make them in a way that only someone of the correct race can use them without them just being destroyed and make them so you have to have all of them for the bonus to activate. So for the dwarf armor I suggested it would be just a normal set more most but when a dwarfen race puts the armor on they get the fire immunity and the weak fear effect.
10/19/2021 12:37 pm
Pleasenotme
Probably won't be adding fire-immunity to anything at all (will also be removing it from all the rings of power) because that would make both Mount Doom and Fire Drakes pretty bad at killing you. Complete immunity to fire-breath would be pretty overpowered, so I'll probably just give it high levels of fire protection instead.

I do plan to add more treasure armour and weapons (I've added more than you know, you're not the only one who finds dungeons), most of which are dwarven because of underground dunegons being perfect to hide them.

Once I make Trolls (which I do intend to) I'll probably start spawning them in troll-caves and hiding tons of coins and unique Elven weapons in there.
10/19/2021 12:59 pm
Noah The Noah
Also are you gonna take the fire immunity from the elven ring of fire? cause I think that would lead to burning yourself every time the ring is used..
10/19/2021 1:16 pm
Pleasenotme
Good point lmao- well it's not canonically stated to have fire resistance, and I'm pretty sure Gandalf wasn't immune to being burnt to death while using it, so i'll figure out something.
10/19/2021 1:33 pm
Noah The Noah
Maybe instead of the fire trail thing it allows the user to shoot powerful fireballs?
10/19/2021 1:56 pm
Pleasenotme
Will try out a bunch of different powers.

Gandalf does set things on fire several times (Including that horrifying part in The Hobbit where they burn the wolves alive with blue fire)
10/19/2021 12:50 pm
Noah The Noah
Since uploading this idea I came up with another idea which is that maybe kit items could be up-gradable but when you die the upgraded items are where you died and the trigger command to get new kit stuff just give you the original non-upgraded versions of the items. So like put my witch king stuff and a diamond block in a smithing table to get the gear upgraded into a better version. That way you could have people loose their gear when they die while still having their normal kit items.
10/19/2021 1:55 pm
Pleasenotme
My current idea is something like this:

Each race-rank gets a kit with low-grade stuff of their kit (for example, the Black Riders get some leather clothing with some little armour) but they can also craft better tier faction armour (so the Nazgul will be able to craft some actual armour using resources)
10/19/2021 2:19 pm
Noah The Noah
Also will the weapons be upgradable too?
10/19/2021 9:08 pm
Pleasenotme
Probably not, since you can create entirely new weapons that are simply better.
10/19/2021 2:10 pm
Noah The Noah
I think it would be cool if it there were multiple choices for what you can craft and each would be useful in a different situation.
10/19/2021 10:24 amhistory
Noah The Noah
For the PvP matches ypu should make it so people via something at spawn sign up for the PvP matches as well as which ring they are gonna try to win so you know to wait for them to get on the server before you start that specific PvP match.
10/19/2021 10:59 am
Pleasenotme
Hm...

How about this:
There will be a PvP Events portal at spawn, which will lead to a room. This room will have the time of the next PvP match written on a sign, and a closed door. If there is an ongoing event, the door will be open, and players can enter the outside of the arena, upon which the admins conducting the event can include them in the event.
10/19/2021 11:38 amhistory
Noah The Noah
That works but maybe include the time in multiple different time zones.
Edit: or maybe just add a trigger command to tell how much time until the next PvP match cause what an hour is isn't different around the world as far as i'm aware.
10/19/2021 12:39 pm
Pleasenotme
Hm... time zones are pretty annoying. A countdown would be unreliable due to the server being offline :(

However, since we live in pretty much opposite timezones as far as I can tell, I think we can reasonably include people from all timezones in the events once both of us are able to handle organizing the event.
10/19/2021 12:46 pmhistory
Noah The Noah
Ok, and yeah for me its lunch time.. and when you get on its like 9 pm for me.
10/18/2021 11:13 pm
Pleasenotme
As per the majority vote, we will soon be removing all pre-existing Rings of Power, and making new ones that will be obtained through PvP events.

If you're planning to avoid losing your rings by going inactive until we make the new rings, you're out of luck because we're just going to use a command block to remove any old ones haha.
10/19/2021 10:22 am
Noah The Noah
Um some of mine are in a chest so I will give them to you next time I see you.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome