Server creating.

mcWholf's Avatar mcWholf9/10/19 1:01 pm
1 emeralds 100 3
9/12/2019 2:27 am
rayboy360's Avatar rayboy360
Hello everyone, my name is Wholf.

To keep my question as simple as possible.

What is the best way to start up a server and what is the best site?

Thank you for helping out.
~Wholf.
mcWholf
Level 1 : New Explorer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/12/2019 2:27 am
Level 1 : New Miner
rayboy360
For your question on a good site, I’d have to recommend WitherNode. They have good support and cheap plans compared to others. If your making a personal server that doesn’t need anymore than 1-2gb, then a good free Server hosting provider is Aternos.

Hope this helps
09/11/2019 10:05 pm
Level 22 : Expert Architect
LoJo Sho
Which server are you planning on setting up Wholf? It is always best to have at least some sort of idea before you dive right into creating a server!

As well, for 24/7 Minecraft servers, I would recommend:

Aquatis.host (Budget)
HostHavoc (Premium, they have higher specs and servers generally run faster)

Next, you need to find a jar. I would recommend PaperSpigot 1.14.4 as it is fast and with a little configuring can be made to go even faster.

As for plugins, they are a per type of server thing. We can always go more in-depth if we need to!

Good Luck mcWholf!
- LoJoSho
09/10/2019 2:32 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Prince
RicoMC
You'd want to first decide what kind of server. This can be split into two categories.
Vanilla
Modded
From there, you can take the Vanilla route and go full Vanilla (Using the minecraft server jar) or semi-vanilla (using bukkit, or spigot)
Or you can take the Modded route and go Forge/Technic.

There are pros and cons to both, however if you are new I'd recommend starting a Spigot 1.14 server. You should research how to use BuildTools to obtain it, and then you should be good. After your server is up and running, you can post it in the Servers section of PMC and hopefully other people will want to join!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome