Server Whitelist Question

Cyprezz's Avatar Cyprezz12/30/10 1:23 pm
2 emeralds 475 8
12/30/2012 11:36 pm
wild_boar789's Avatar wild_boar789
I know the default server whitelist file is simply a list of Minecraft names. Does Hey0 or other server management software store them differently?

Edit: Actually, I was thinking of the ops.txt file. Is there even a whitelist without Hey0 or MCAdmin? I need to research, unless someone can enlighten me.
Cyprezz
Admin / Lead Developer
Level 71 : Legendary Cyborg

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/30/2012 11:36 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Engineer
wild_boar789
Wow! This is a really old post!
12/31/2010 10:05 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Wizard
Zaralith
hMod has their own website now. You can go here. They also have a site that lists the status of the most recent build of the mod here. The current version is listed as not up to date because they removed some of their detection stuff because of beta and some plugins no longer work. You can also look up plugins on the site. I am using the WorldEdit plugin, which gives me a pretty super pick-axe and ascend/descend commands. If you are using hMod, I find that it is useful to rebind your chat key to / so that you can quickly enter commands, since all hMod commands from inside minecraft use the /. I am attaching all of those files in a rar so that you can do the testing. The banned lists, whitelist, and items should be the same as the default. the groups has an added nobuild group that has no permissions and the users list is set to place everyone in that group unless otherwise listed. I am listed as an admin in users and an op. The kits that I have were for excavation (diamond tools on 30 minute delay) but I no longer need those kits. I used to have a kit that gave one of each kind of wooden tool for starting out. The server log will probably show a bunch of WorldEdit commands since I have everything logging everything. I have health and mob spawning disabled on the server, though the last three lines of the server.properties file were added with hMod v132. Sorry about the mess of the server.log file, but that is the way that it logs things. There is a section that is full of errors because I renamed the vips group to vip and missed changing it in every place. Sorry for those who want it, but the ip is not saved in logs and not required in the properties file, so you won't find it.
12/31/2010 8:39 am
Cyprezz
Heh, sorry I mean hMod. What are you using for your server? http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=23340
12/31/2010 8:36 am
Level 43 : Master Enderdragon
Skullcandy2010
cyprezz where can I d/l hey0?
12/31/2010 8:07 am
Cyprezz
Yes, please do. I've requested Skulls as well.

Actually, if anyone wants to help this cause, please send some or all of following files to: info[at]planetminecraft.com
banned-ips.txt
banned-players.txt
groups.txt
items.txt
kits.txt
ops.txt
server.log
users.txt
whitelist.txt
server.properties

I'll use them for testing purposes to see what I can do with them for the server pages & site.
12/31/2010 12:03 am
Zaralith
If you would like, i can send you mine so that you can look at them for samples. I think that the server.properties file changed with the most recent build to lower the number of small files that it accesses, because the itemblacklist and itemspawnblacklist properties i think are just comma-delimited lists now instead of pointers to files with comma-delimted lists.
12/30/2010 10:46 pm
Cyprezz
Thanks. I got hey0 to mess around with on my local server. Looking at the users.txt, groups.txt and other config text files now. I have plans for these
12/30/2010 9:45 pm
Zaralith
ops.txt is the file that specifies which users can use the admin commands such as give, etc. as for hey0, the whitelist is a text file of user specification that is delimited by individual lines. I haven't ever needed to use the whitelist as hey0 has the groups and users files, and I specify a no-interact group that cannot look at the contents of containers or damage anything as the default user if i remember correctly.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome