So i want to make a 1.14 SMP server but how will i fund it?

Need_Not's Avatar Need_Not5/15/19 11:09 pm history
5/17/2019 2:56 pm
star_weaver's Avatar star_weaver
So i want to make an smp server and well server hosting is $3-6/mo and webhosting is another $3-6/mo

and its not like i could sell ranks because its an almost 100% vanilla (any plugins will website/non changing vanilla plugins) so it would be pointless to change your name for $ and its going to be a whitelist server 25-30 max

so how can i make money for the server
Need_Not
Level 38 : Artisan Artist

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/17/2019 12:49 am
Level 72 : Legendary Pixel Painter
Nighthearted
The majority of people who run servers do not make enough to break even or make a profit. You can ask for donations from members, but there's no guarantee that what they give you will be enough to cover the costs. Most server owners pay the cost out of their own pocket. You'll need to consider if this is something you can handle.
05/15/2019 11:16 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
if you want i can host the server for you and honestly this is something most people dont understand
if people like the server they will help out with the costs if there isnt a reward or something afterwards and as for webhosting that can be done super cheap
05/16/2019 12:11 am
Need_Not
Hmm ok but first what us the location that the server would be and how much ram does it have and is it your computer or is a host
05/16/2019 3:54 pm
star_weaver
newzealand and its a dedicated server and i can spare around 24gb if needed
05/16/2019 4:51 pm
Need_Not
:/ sorry but I am going to have to decline new Zealand will lag for a lot of people
05/16/2019 5:26 pmhistory
star_weaver
no worries just thought id offer since youd be looking at a bit more than $5 for a server that will be able to keep up if you want more than about 5 people on at once,and honestly i would recomend a vps over a "minecraft server host" since you get more performance for half the price but you do need to learn a couple commands for linux

edit 1: the 2 vps providers ive used in the past is ovh - primarily canada and france i believe if memory serves correctly and the other is virmach they are more global although only providing 8gb ram max for about $12 or so each has ups and downs
05/16/2019 11:16 pm
Need_Not
Well if I use a vps it would be contabo it's cheap and powerful, I was going to use it for the website but idk how to would run a website and mc server on the same host is that possible
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome