Starting a new server - Looking for help and feedback

0ct0ber's Avatar 0ct0ber3/23/18 1:11 pm
1 emeralds 242 2
3/24/2018 10:25 am
0ct0ber's Avatar 0ct0ber
Intro

I'm beginning a new survival server, and could do with some help and input. This will not be a "survival" server with land claiming, a shop, and no griefing; nor will it be whitelisted. There are many servers that exist out there that already accomplish that, and much of the rest of servers have little to do with survival or the core game of Minecraft. My main two goals for this server is to have a focus on sandbox and survival- a balance between peace and chaos; and better overall standards than other servers (a positive staff team, good rules, less hackers). More of my goals and planned highlights for this server are listed below.

If you like the idea of helping set things up, giving ideas and input, moderating, or even just playing early, you can! Only thing is that the server will not be up all the time until I switch to paid hosting (which I plan on doing soon).

Goals/Highlights of the server
-Focus on survival, sandbox, and the core game
-Not too peaceful and restrictive, yet not full of anarchy and raiding
-Suit multiple kinds of players and allow for multiple ways to play; both builders, survivors, and kingdom players alike
-A positive staff team and good hospitality, along with rules fair for both staff and players
-Discouragement of grinding, encouragement of more interesting/real activities (hunting, woodcutting, tunnel mining)
-Reduced amount of hackers, less ways to hack, and good server response against hackers
-Small customizations and tweaks that improve the server gameplay without losing the survival aspect

Server IP Address: smp244.mcpro.io
This will probably change soon when I switch to a paid host. As mentioned above, the server is only up some of the time for now.

My Discord: 0ct0ber#6230
Discord is not a requirement to play or help on this server- there also won't be an official server discord, although having a method of contact is helpful as a staff member. I'd like for the community experience to be more in-game than outside of the game. You're free to add my discord though for coordination, or if you'd like to ask me anything when I'm not on the server.

I hope to see you on the server soon!

-0ct0ber
0ct0ber
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner