The Legend of Minecraft: Ocarina of Time. (Recruitment)

Zeliounz's Avatar Zeliounz8/1/15 7:02 pm
1 emeralds 203 2
8/6/2015 12:25 pm
LilyXD_'s Avatar LilyXD_
Long post about the project I expect all applicants to read:
Click to reveal

The Legend of Minecraft:Ocarina of Time is the first server of (hopefully) many where our staff team will recreate the world of past zelda games with content like you've never seen. I'll just be using this post to post some of our concepts so that if you stumble upon this page you'll know a little bit about what's going on.

There will be two islands, one in the past and one in the future. The past island will be used as a primarily content-oriented area with some areas available for 'special' claiming. The future island in contrast will only have one zone ungriefable (future hyrule, and the last dungeon.) and the rest of the world will be claimable by Guilds (Towny). Now there are no ores, but you're free to mine to your hearts content, grief the other places in the world. (How rude!) and do as you wish.

You will start at 5 hearts instead of 3 because of minecraft fall damage and people dying too often in the first dungeon. Obviously there are limitations to the dungeons that we can't do because it's minecraft but we replaced them with (hopefully) just as good puzzles. After every dungeon (if you accepted the quest) you'll be able to turn in the mob drops from the boss for an extra heart (once). You'll also recieve an elemental stone used in the main questline.

Due to the confusion of the first few dungeons/getting used to the server /sethome will be allowed in the first 3 dungeons in case you die. We will also be giving all players access to /ec (with a combat timer.) so that before they have a home/base in the future island they can put away anything they don't wish to lose. (Such as the elemental stones, wouldn't want to have to kill the boss again!)

There will be mines on the future island that ores respawn at much like runescape. Just like in runescape depending on the ores in the mine there will be mobs of equal difficulty/the mines may be pvp zones. The reasoning behind this is to keep people interested/focused on quests as a main source of gear for themselves in the freebuild island. The quests will definitely be giving better gear later on than can be obtained in vanilla minecraft. We're going to keep things from becoming OP but plan on allowing protection 5 as a final reward for epic quests. I don't intend for sharpness to ever go above 5.

There will be a guild system where after completing the main questline (the first 3 dungeons) you'll be able to make a guild using towny. Guilds can be sieged/siege other guilds using a system I'll be putting into place. (/towny siege) (/towny setsiegepoint). You can expect more on this at a later date of course.

I'll come back and edit this whenever I have more to add. Thanks for your interest in our project!

After reading that if you're still interested in helping in someway please fill out the form below and I'll get back to you.

Name:

Skype (Can be PMd):

Have you ever played The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time?:

Have you ever played any other Zelda games?:

Why are you interested in joining the team?:

What about the project excites you the most?:

What are your skill-sets/where do you think you'll excel the most?:

If you think building is your main skill please link past builds:
Zeliounz
Level 13 : Journeyman Network