Forumskeyboard_arrow_right Minecraft - Java Edition keyboard_arrow_right Servers

Create Forum Thread

The Realm of Saphriel || Serious Medieval Fantasy Roleplay || 1.12.1 || Whitelist

14 emeralds49 replies2,080 views
created 06/03/2019 7:43 am by whiisperer history
last reply 10/09/2019 6:45 pm

Lore & Rules: http://therealmofsaphriel.enjin.com/home

Our Discord: https://discord.gg/zgBhG7F

Welcome to The Realm of Saphriel! We’re an 18+ medieval fantasy roleplay server meant for serious roleplayers.
If you need help or have questions with your app, you may ask here or use the help chats in our discord.

Highlights:
Serious RP Server | Player Driven Story | Friendly, Inclusive Community | Active Staff and Players | Deep Expansive Lore | Numerous Playable Races | Flexible Magic System | Robust Crafting System | Various Events & Encounters

Whitelisters:
Purgatoris
Cyshadichu
MetallicMediator
Synder

System Requirements:
We use a custom Conquest texture pack and item pack! We also recommend Forge, MPM, and Optifine. While not required it's heavily suggested to use the item pack if nothing else or face strange and missing textures.
Instructions on set up can be found ‘here’.
We currently use 1.12.1 Forge

Before Applying:
Please Read through our Rules and Lore on our ‘main site
The general event timeline can be found ‘here’ with a bullet list 'here'
A quick start player guide can be found ‘here
Please keep in mind some races are ‘Player+’ only, and cannot be your first character
If you want your character to have magic, the magic application has to be completed before acceptance
All players start on equal grounds, you cannot start as a master in a craft or skill
Everyone starts with the default gear, money, and items
Please note that any incomplete applications will be instantly denied

Click to reveal
Posted by avatar
whiisperer
Level 11 : Journeyman Miner

comment Login or register to post a reply.

49 replies

10/08/2019 4:35 pmhistory
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
LeWarmonger
--OOC Information—
Minecraft IGN: SmellyDischarge
Prior Roleplay Experience: I have been role-playing since 2014, my vessel ranging from D&D to Minecraft to Garrys Mod. I mainly focused on a server called Lord of the Craft which uses Minecraft, my stay spanning around 2-3 years, and smaller servers such as Blackflames and Hentz which were privately managed and shortly thereafter shutdown.
Define Power-gaming in your own words: Using an action your character in role-play would be unable to do. For example if I were to emote ripping off your head in one act, and you were not able to react. (Only needing an actual reaction of my character were physically able to attempt and rip your head off in the first place.)
Define Meta-gaming in your own words: Using out of character knowledge to influence how your in character persona acts.
Define Role-Playing in your own words: Molding a story-line, a chance to open a million doors with one action, and enacting situations in the shoes of the character you play.

--IC Information—
Character name: Edward Marks
Race: Human

Character Description:
Edward held a lingering scent, as if splashed with a mixture of peanuts and fish sauce. His light sideburns clung thickly around his face, hanging down like brush from under his signature hat, an article of clothing which he rarely removed from himself, brown with reddened stripes. He stood at a stocky 6'1, an able bodied man with an eye for fortune and success, it twinkled like the foaming water of the sea, a certain turquoise about the pair. He smiled with a singular golden tooth in his mouth, and was fitted loosely into a beat down leather jacket which stored anything from cigars to fishing hooks. An overall laid back and poverty stricken attire, though still with a bit of spunk.

Character Occupation:
Edward prized himself in fishing and freelance hunting, venturing into the woods and outback if he must to catch whatever he was paid to bring forth. Though he was always on the lookout for a quick buck, and would not be inclined to refuse an offer of an easier way to reach said coin, and may conjure up that reputation wherever he may choose to reside. Often releasing soft utters to Perities before venturing out to trap and collect the hides and furs of various creatures with their colorful and thickened furs.

(At least one to two paragraphs describing their personality traits and/or quirks.)
Edwards personality could most simply be refined to the word cheeky. Perhaps it was his passive-aggressive tendencies which brought him most of his troubles, beneath the impulsiveness which begrudged him, he was a down to earth man who enjoyed more sitting by the water, with a hand on a mug of mead, than anything. He had a habit of smoking thick cigars, accompanied with the chewing on a bowl of chestnuts and peanuts. Even though Edward did not know how to read, he knew how to wield a cutlass and raise it against a passerby on the country roads, his demeanor of a respectful peasant whilst in the boundaries of his hometown morphing once he step foot into the land of the free and the home of the ravenous.

Character Biography:
As a young child growing up within Barkamsted, Edward was often relayed stories of death and bloodshed by his parents, explaining the Pact War which ceased their parents parents lives which were spent within the merchant bound city of Falkvard. Such times stressed his mother in his early youth, snug leather boots fastened around his small feet, a wooden carved mug filled with hot cocoa she would prepare him, he listened with intrigue some days, fear others, his family as well as most who had ties in such battles were often pressured with heavy stress. His mother would eventually pass in the time of his late teens, from a disease unbenounced to himself or his father, which took such a toll from this death he would struggle to live on himself. His father lay deceased in the dirt matted streets of Barkamsted just 2 years later, death via heart attack. Edward live the rest of his time in Barkamsted as an urchin before taking a job as a squire for an elderly, Edward never having seen such an old man was astonished and begotten with reverence for the man, untill he eventually passed and Edward sought out some of his fortune within a safe in his home, which was accessible via the key which hung from the old corpses belt, in the living room. His opinion of some races, especially that of Orcs were heavily molded since early points in his life, and had not wavered since. But, as is with the mass majority of peasantry in the Realm of Saphriel, he seldom speak out against them in public, as to cause a disturbance for the nobles to handle.. why waste their time over simple quarrels like this?
He often thought to himself as he pondered lashing out. Accustomed to the salty breeze and musty odor of the swamp which enveloped his city, he did not mind it much, though the arrival of the winds out of its boundaries to his nostrils brought some bit of relief. Edward decided to make his living off of the merchandise of hide, and plunder. Combining the two to live as a strange mixture of a working man which only veiled his side work, banditry and thievery. Edward knew the consequence of such things, and preformed these things minimally and precisely, as to not leave a trace for any soul to follow.
Edward could often be found visiting the local bar, located speaking in hush tone to folks which seemed worth networking with. A genuinely friendly attitude quickly turned plastic and raw once a certain boundary has been crossed, which would simply veil a more scandalous intent, revenge. With this though, Edward knew not to step out of place with certain figures which were socially more powerful, as well as persons of higher capability than himself. He would live carefully, picking and choosing his every conversation and attitude per listener, a mere cigar puffing fur trapper.

Other/Extra: (Images, notes, etc.) I plan to also play an Uruk character (Orc) after i am used to and introduced by personal experience to the player base and mechanics of the actual server, but a human should do for now! Here is an image of the skin for you.

--Scenarios—
Please give us a roleplay response to both of these scenarios, at least one paragraph each:

A small riot breaks out in Barkamsted between Humans and Pact races. They're quickly gaining the attention of the guards as the situation escalates. Your character is somehow swept up into the crowd as the situation grows more dangerous, what do they do?
Edward Marks slips into the corridor between the red plastered farmhouse, and the pig pen after making his way in cumbersome manner through the now romping crowd of angry brawlers. Peering out into the crowd before jolting backwards as a man is socked into his arms, he stumbles backwards after dropping the man forward, stepping in pivot to throw a curling set of knuckles into the small orc which had thrust the now unconscious man forward, before turning and attempting to make haste away from the danger of conflict and arrest.

For whatever reason, your character finds themselves in an ancient tomb, the walls thick with brambles and foliage. From up ahead, you spy what appears to be a shambling mound of something. It pauses, quivers and moans. What do they do?
Edward paused in his tracks, his silence now leaving only the occasional droplets of perspiration dripping from the catacombs bricked roof. He quickly ruffled in his signature jacket and produced out a match, striking it quickly on the wall and bringing it to a torch which he had brought into the depths, he lifted it upwards as its light suddenly filled the hall which he tread to the point of making out what lay in the distance. Taking a shuffle forward until he could effectively identify the heap, then deciding to stray back and retreat, or continue forward towards the unknown mass.

--Magic Application--
(Optional, this form must be filled out if you want your character to have magic at all.)
N/A
Magic Biography:
(At least three paragraphs about your character's relationship to magic, and how they may discover their potential.)
N/A
Please describe the magic system, including its limitations in your own words:
(Two Paragraphs, please mention how one would cast, the limitations to casting and specific races, and the consequences of overuse)
N/A
Please describe how you would use a weak trinket with your characters first/only aspect:
(Try to be creative, while acknowledging its limitations and utility uses)
N/A
-Please note that some aspects are set when a character is born, while others are up to practice. The number of aspects you have is limited by your character's race, but they may have less than the max should you so choose, but they will not be able to regain that lost aspect naturally-
10/09/2019 12:44 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Purgatoris
This application is...

Pending!

First of all, thank you for applying to the Realm of Saphriel! I will say that I'm quite happy and impressed with most of your application, but there are tiny details I'd like to address about his biography!

Whilst the majority of it is just fine, and you fit the requirements well enough in length and detail of the story, I'd like a bit more meat as to how the war effected him and his parents growing up. He will have lived through at least 10 years, so tell us what the relationship between the family and the war was like as well as his relationship with his family! Were they close? Did the family live in poverty, what kind of jobs did they work to survive? It is little things like that which really show us your understanding of the 72-year-long Pact War that ravaged the land so if you could elaborate on those points that would be grand!

Nudge me when you've updated, and I'll give it another read through.
10/09/2019 2:41 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Explorer
LeWarmonger
nudge
10/09/2019 6:45 pm
Purgatoris
This application is...

Accepted!

Thank you for your application! I'm very satisfied with the backstory, everything checks out, and it seems you have a great grasp of medieval attitudes such as how nobility is looked up to as well as how survival was harsh and the Orcs/Goblins/Pact races are treated within a mostly human Kingdom. Remember, your character starts at the very beginning in all skills and equipment but your starter kit will be given to you eventually by a moderator or GM if you ask for it!

Your account will be whitelisted soon - for now, welcome to Saphriel and I hope you enjoy your time with us!

We use a custom Conquest texture pack and item pack! We
also recommend Forge, MPM, and Optifine. While not required it's
heavily suggested to use the item pack if nothing else or face strange
and missing textures. Instructions on set up can be found here.

We currently use 1.12.1 Forge.
10/06/2019 5:59 pm
BooBoy
--OOC Information—
Minecraft IGN: GhostBoi
Prior Roleplay Experience: Lots
Define Power-gaming in your own words: being too powerfull for other people and makeing it unfair for other people
Define Meta-gaming in your own words: knowing things you shouldent know
Define Role-Playing in your own words: pretending to be somone else and acting as them

--IC Information—
Character name: Rider
Race: Human ghost

Character Description:
Pale skin with a skull as a head and he's always on fire

Character Occupation: (Optional)
can kill anything by looking at it too much and can go throuh walls like a ghost

Character Personality/Traits:
is reelly smart and can fly, hes really strong and fast and can turn invisable

Character Biography:
Rider died and became a ghost, he was scared at first because he was dead and then he got lonley. he killed more people to get friends but thay ran away becaise he killed them. he went to the main town of saphriel and lived there for a while, then he met a vampire and thay killed some poeple then thay went and lived in a home.

Other/Extra: (Images, notes, etc.)
cdn.thedailymash.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/20190309174526/ghostrider250.jpg

--Scenarios—
Please give us a roleplay response to both of these scenarios, at least one paragraph each:

A small riot breaks out in Barkamsted between Humans and Pact races. They're quickly gaining the attention of the guards as the situation escalates. Your character is somehow swept up into the crowd as the situation grows more dangerous, what do they do?

i use my powers to kill the pact

For whatever reason, your character finds themselves in an ancient tomb, the walls thick with brambles and foliage. From up ahead, you spy what appears to be a shambling mound of something. It pauses, quivers and moans. What do they do?

i kill it by looking at it and walk away

--Magic Application--
(Optional, this form must be filled out if you want your character to have magic at all.)

Magic Biography:
Rider died and became a ghost, he was scared at first because he was dead and then he got lonley. he killed more people to get friends but thay ran away becaise he killed them. he went to the main town of saphriel and lived there for a while, then he met a vampire and thay killed some poeple then thay went and lived in a home.

(Two Paragraphs, please mention how one would cast, the limitations to casting and specific races, and the consequences of overuse)

Please describe how you would use a weak trinket with your characters first/only aspect:
i dont need a trinket

-Please note that some aspects are set when a character is born, while others are up to practice. The number of aspects you have is limited by your character's race, but they may have less than the max should you so choose, but they will not be able to regain that lost aspect naturally-
10/06/2019 3:03 pm
BooBoy
--OOC Information—
Minecraft IGN: GhostBoi
Prior Roleplay Experience: Lots
Define Power-gaming in your own words: being too powerfull for other people and makeing it unfair for other people
Define Meta-gaming in your own words: knowing things you shouldent know
Define Role-Playing in your own words: pretending to be somone else and acting as them

--IC Information—
Character name: Rider
Race: Human ghost

Character Description:
Pale skin with a skull as a head and he's always on fire

can kill anything by looking at it too much and can go throuh walls like a ghost

is reelly smart and can fly, hes really strong and fast and can turn invisable

Character Biography:

cdn.thedailymash.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/20190309174526/ghostrider250.jpg

--Scenarios—

i use my powers to kill the pact

i kill it by looking at it and walk away

--Magic Application--

Magic Biography:

i dont need a trinket

10/06/2019 6:42 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Skinner
Ambillis
This application is Denied

Thank you for applying, however you have not read any of the server lore or applied thoroughly with proper answers! Please take a look at the other posted applications as an example. The app you have posted does not show any cohesiveness in lore, any history that follows lore, or any proof that you understand how the server works.
10/05/2019 10:56 amhistory
FoxxGirl
--OOC Information—
Minecraft IGN: Zoe_Kivail

Prior Roleplay Experience: High. from D&D to World Of Darkness to LARP to other minecraft roleplayers, i'm currently a DM of a DND group and attend amtuard (a combat focused larp group)

Define Power-gaming in your own words:
Giving your character unrealistic power to the point of being extremely unfair to other players. For example "dodging" all attacks or "killing" someone with a single action. This can also be a term used for when someone takes an action from another character.

Define Meta-gaming in your own words:

Giving your character information/knowledge they wouldn't normally have. For example if you know pulling a lever in a dungeon is a trap but in character you would have every reason to think it would open a secret door and you cause your character to not pull the lever because of you know its a trap out of character would be considered metagaming.

Define Role-Playing in your own words:

Roleplay is where you create character and put it in a story with other characters and you and often a "DM" will weave a story in this imaginary world, the interactions of those characters and the adventures they have. Its a wonderful way to live out a life you could never live and do things you could never really do.

--IC Information—
Character name: Daro'Embia Vess (Goes by "Ember")
Race: Ca'liar

Character Description:
A small variant of Ca'lar black fur and thin black fur and green eyes, she is about 4 feet 7 inches tall and weighs about 60 pounds, she is thin and agile as of her race (small type). She has long black hair that almost covers her eyes, its also very straight and soft and flows down her back. She has a small brown spot on her lower waist (and her left butt cheek), and a bit of grey on her tail.
She wears a Black skirt and a black shirt with a black hood and brown boots.

She was a bar maid for a time but eventually became a thief before leaving the Empire and was a member in a thieves guild before leaving her homeland. However she never steals from the poor.

Ember is somewhat of a trickster, she was known to play practical jokes on people close by like putting a small firecracker in the back of a travelers cart (just big enough to startle the driver and the horses pulling it but not big enough to cause damage to the cart or anyone/thing in it) lighting the fuse and running before it went off the driver could see who did it while she watched from the bushes near by. She has also been known to help those in need above herself and protecting those who cannot protect themselves and will use her talents for good such as helping free slaves in the shroud of night. She also never breaks her promises but will lie about non promises.
She believes its evil to steal from the poor but theirs no shame in stealing from the rich and she believes most rich people are evil thugs who take from those around them and hurt anyone in there path. She also dislikes guards and extremely lawful people but she doesn't hate them unless they are cruel to her or to the weak. Ember knows some earth magic but tried to keep that a secret for emergencies but wants to increase her abilities in it. She believes the highest calling is freedom and doesn't take orders from anyone.

Character Biography:

Daro'Embia grew up in a small village in the ca'liar empire, life war hard and the guards where very cruel to her and the people around her, she worked as a bar maid once she was old enough and until she was a young teen. Her father was drafted about this time and her mother and siblings had all died due to sickness from the poor living conditions or from other similar causes.
With her father taken away and with no one to take care of her she soon became homeless and started to starve on the street. Eventually she became desperate enough to steal and stole food from the market in her village to survive. Eventually she was spotted and ran barley escaping with her life. However the next day around the town there where wanted posters for her capture around the town. She hid in the the forest outside of town because it was the only place she could think to hide. One night as she slept near the edge of the black water she was awoken by a loud shout "girl, what are you doing here? Don't you know there are thieves about!?" there was a pause and then the voice said "you don't look to good aye?". Daro'Embia looked up and saw a large ca'liar. He held out his left paw/hand to help her up but she backed away in fear. He sighed and said "you wont survive for long down here without someone looking after ya". He then thought as if he was making his mind up about something and eventually he pulled out a small piece of bread. Daro'Embia hesitantly took it and ate it quickly as she was starting to starve.
"There's plenty more where that came from girl but you'll have to work for it, fallow me, i know a way you can survive with that price on your head." The stranger started to walk off and Daro'Embia fallowed carefully. He lead her through what seemed to be a collapsing entrance to the sewers but turned out to not be connected to the sewers at all but opened up to a large room with 6-7 other ca'lairs that looked very tough and shady. Daro'Embia hid behind the stranger and he pulled her out from behind him. He announced that she was going to be a new recruit to the guild and was to be treated as such.
The next few weeks she learned the ways as a thief from the guild, it was hard work and most of the other members weren't the kindest to her other then the stranger she met from before who told her his name was Lya and when she looked surprised at the strange name he laughed and told her it was just a code name. She was given a code name by the guild: "Ember" since "Embia" from her name sounded similar. At fist the life at the guild was hard, most members where bigger then her and there was only one other girl and she was big. As a recruit Ember had to to what they told her and if she disobeyed or messed up the one who ordered her around would do anything from punch her in the face to spank her till she was in tears, however Lya would normally just send her to bed instead of hurting her is she failed him. After some time ember was promoted to a member of the guild for hard work and proving her loyalty. After this point she was taught how to pickpocket and steal, she also learned she had earth magic powers (more in magic bio). Life was hard but it as getting better and she thought of Lya as a friend by this point.
Years passed and eventually the village grew to a small town. She has grown to a young woman and was now 22 years old. She was an excellent thief at this point and was happy with the guild. She had also toughened up a lot but often used her small size to look helpless to get to get closer to targets to steal from them. Unfortunately as her and the town grew so did the military there and life for the thieves got harder and harder. Eventually one night there was a loud thump on the secret door that woke everyone up. Another loud thump fallowed and a feeling of dread fell over her as she realized someone was trying to break in. A few seconds later and she was out of bed with her gear deciding to fight or run to the emergency exit from there hideout and most of the thieves guild was doing the same around her. Eventually the leader of the guild decided for everyone to flee due to the recent increase of the imperial military. The guild ran to the exit taking only what they could grab on the way out and Ember could hear as she ran out of the exit the main entrance cracked and she could hear guards rushing in there hideout. She and her guild ran for what seemed to ember like an eternity, when the sun came up it they stopped to rest as they could run no longer. After that day they realized they would have to split up to stay alive and they decided to scatter through the lands. Ember, Lya and a few others where told to go to Saphriel on different ships and over the next few days the guild said there goodbyes to each other and set off.
Ember Stowed away on a ship heading for Saphriel and after several weeks of hiding and stealing food on the ship eat she was found by the ships cook. Luckily he was a kind man and let her stay hidden in the kitchen as long as helped out and promised not to steal from the ship's crew anymore. She agreed and a few weeks later she was accepted as part of the crew since she agreed to help out and work until they arrived to pay for her passage. 3 Weeks later she arrived at Saphriel and departed in to her new life hoping to someday find Lya and since she had a new start she wanted to try to be honest again and only steal if she had too, she chose to keep the name Ember as well. She would start her new life here...

i.pinimg.com/originals/9d/01/4b/9d014b925b4e2e2339f276ce9101fcab.jpg
(Her face would be a little more humanoid and she would be wearing a skirt instead of pants in this picture)

--Scenarios—

Ember tries to get children and innocents out of the way before running but after that she would try and sneak off, maybe she would pick pocket a pact cultist if she has the chance. =P

My tail poofs and I either try and stealth up to them being ready to run or fight or i simply run like hell!

--Magic Application--

Magic Biography:

As ember was working in the thieves guild before she became a member she was one day given a task by lya to collect small pebbles that could be used in gun powder poppers, she had taken a large basket to keep the pick up the pebbles in After she had collected suite a few and the basket was full she went back to the guild and gave the basket to Lya, he inspected her work and pulled out a large cluster of pebbles that had stuck together. "Whats this eh?" he then knocked the pebbles on the table but they help firm. He handed the cluster of pebbles to Ember and said "you'll need to get a few more since i cant use these". As ember stood up to get more pebbles, the cluster of pebbles vibrated a little in her hand and fell apart, separated from each other. She stared at them and Lya did too. After a pause he said "you have a gift girl, you should work at that one day but not today". Ember didn't have much time to practice with her power after that but when she could she often practiced by making a few grains of sand float in mid air or playing marbles with pebbles without touching any of them and moving then with her magic. She hoped to be able to increase her power now that she is in Saphriel...

Magic can be cast in 2 ways. The first and most common being trinkets/artifacts left by "the ancients". The caster channels magic energy through the trinket to cast a spell. However if you try and cast a spell that's too powerful through the trinket it can shatter or even explode. The Other way is by being born with a "affinity" to a type of magic, Some races have this such as ca'lair have an affinity to earth magic, this means they can learn to cast up to medium level earth spells without an artifact. To cast beyond medium level you must have an Aspect to a type of magic, certain races can choose aspects and/or are born with them. However you only have a certain amount of spells per day with 5 at your highest level and doubling to each level down (next level has 10 then the next has 20 ect.)If you overcasting is where a caster tries to cast a spell without any spell slots left. To overcast you must roll a dc that starts at 5 and increases by 2 with each overcast spell, if a caster fails to succeed this check they cant cast for the remainder if that day and will exhaust them physically. A natural 1 when overcasting will instantly kill the caster and a natural 20 will cast the spell and give the caster 2 temporary extra spell slots. Overcasting becomes easier the more powerful you are as you gain a bonus if you are powerful caster (+2 if a Powerful Caster, +3 if a Wondrous Caster, +4 if a Divine Caster). To cast you also need to be able to see who you are casting at and need some time to concentrate to cast spells.

With a weak earth trinket I could reduce a pebble in to sand or force a very small amount of mud to change shape, i could also make a small amount of extremely brittle sandstone crumble (but it would have to be brittle enough to crumble if you held it too tightly in your hand for example).
10/07/2019 8:39 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Synder
This application is Denied.

To start, I'll go over the major issues in the biography. Right now it looks like the addition of a thief's guild in this application is entirely forced for the sake of being there, as it defies logic in places, with the NPCs involved seeming to act less like characters and more like begrudging servants to Embia's backstory. For example, why would a Thief's Guild bring in a child directly to their hideout? Even going off of the idea that Embia had been wanted for theft, why would a thief who could be so easily caught in their act and put up across noticeboards? It seems as if such an asset would be more of a danger to the guild's integrity than a positive addition, and in general appears unrealistic that the wanted girl could go years thieving without being caught, especially if placed on noticeboards. Furthermore, if this guild's hideout carved into the sewers, why would guards be knocking at the door instead of simply entering and doing their duties? It all looks like pieces of a puzzle being glued together instead of fitted, and absolutely requires a massive rework.

As a minor issue on the side of that, 'Embia' would not at all sound like the word 'Ember' in Ca'liar. Perhaps in Common, but that isn't really spoken on a major scale outside of the mainland Saphriel. Furthermore, Einar wouldn't have a draft. It was merely seen as an honor to serve beneath the Emperor and their forces in dealing with the extermination and/or assimilation of the monks, and would bring pride to the name of those who lived and died in the service of their land.

As for the magic biography, it is a flat-out deny on the matter that it's still too short. The magic biography is expected to be composed of three well-constructed paragraphs, and the magic limitations out of two. As well, still the magic description does not mention the need for a character to be born into the world with the gift for magic from Bothimir. To cast magic, one absolutely needs to have that direct birth-given gift of the ability to cast magic, put simply. Also, the magic description fails to mention the necessity of training to progress with a magic, and where that training cuts off depending on its trinket.

Should edits be made, poke and another review will shortly follow!
10/07/2019 2:42 am
Synder

There are a few large and not really adjustable issues in the backstory of this application, the first of which being the portion of the backstory regarding Daro'Embia's time in the Ca'liar's prison. To start, the conditions in the prison would be far, far worse than what they are being shown to be in the backstory. There would be no cellmates, no beds to dig under, no spare time in cafeterias, no hint of freedom of any sort. What would be more likely is a long stay spent in shackles within an isolated and empty room with a pissing pot, fed every few days or so and, if unlucky, tortured occasionally. Escape with earth magic would be impossible; Einar's prison cells and keeping areas are composed mostly out of thick and sturdy wood and the occasional amount of metal, as they are a race of natural earth-casters. The second big issue in the application is Daro'Embia's experience with the thief's guild. I'm not quite sure why a thief's guild would act as a family, especially with the lifestyle of a thief often being that of a backstabber and dishonorable soul. The way they are portrayed in the backstory make them seem more like a jolly group of caretakers from a fairy-tale than a thief's guild.

With those out of the way, there are some tinier matters to deal with. The first is the lack of reasoning behind the nickname of 'Ember'; it doesn't seem to be brought up at all in the backstory, and with how important naming conventions are in Einar, it comes off as odd. Second is the scenario section of the application, in which both of the required scenarios are answered with far too little information and detail.

As for the magic application, the magic biography must be entirely reworked. It cannot be a copy/paste of the backstory, and should be its own separately written portion, as well as 3 well-constructed paragraphs long at minimum. As for the magic system's description, the overcasting explanation fails to mention the differing DC rolls for specific levels of magic. As well, it is not mentioned anywhere in the description the need to be born with magical affinity to cast magic, the need for sight, and the need for concentration.

And those are all of the most noticeable issues in the application! Should you wish to reattempt applying with this character, please edit and address all of these and give your whitelister a poke, and another review will shortly follow.
10/07/2019 1:26 pm
FoxxGirl
Ive fixed my app, i redid my backstory making the thieves guild less friendly and removing the jail part.

I also fixed my magic bio and added all the things you asked for in the magic description (other then the affinity info because it was already there)
10/01/2019 1:29 amhistory
FoxxGirl
--OOC Information—
Minecraft IGN: Zoe_Kivail

Prior Roleplay Experience:
High. from D&D to World Of Darkness to LARP to other minecraft roleplayers, im currently a dm of a dnd group and attend amtuard (a combat focused larp group)

Define Power-gaming in your own words:
Giving your character unrealistic power to the point of being extremely unfair to other players. For example "dodging" all attacks or "killing" someone with a single action. This can also be a term used for when someone takes an action from another character.

Define Meta-gaming in your own words:

Giving your character information/knowledge they wouldn't normally have. For example if you know pulling a lever in a dungeon is a trap but in character you would have every reason to think it would open a secret door and you cause your character to not pull the lever because of you know its a trap out of character would be considered metagaming.

Define Role-Playing in your own words:

Roleplay is where you create character and put it in a story with other characters and you and often a "DM" will weave a story in this imaginary world, the interactions of those characters and the adventures they have. Its a wonderful way to live out a life you could never live and do things you could never really do.

--IC Information—
Character name: Lilly Vess (not the plainswalker)
Race: High Elf

Character Description:

Lilly is small for a high elf at only 6'8 and about 110 pounds. She is thin and often is viewed as a child despite her age, she often wears a blue dress but is somewhat fast even so. She often is very shy and tries to keep to herself. She has green eyes and pale tan skin and brown hair.
Due to her size her breasts are slightly larger then a normal high elf and as a result she often can be taken as a human or half elf at first glance. She isn't very strong but where she lacks in strength she makes up for in intelligence and speed.

Lilly has worked as a bar maid but mostly loves to study magic though she hasnt joined a school yet.

Lilly is often shy but can be brave if she needs to be, she will stand up for the weak and will not tolerate cruelty of any kind. She is often found reading a book by herself or practicing magic alone. She is extremely kind and caring but sometimes can be gullible and is fast to trust people.
She is extremely smart and would much rather outsmart an opponent then fight them head on. She is always ready to learn new things and always wants to explore, she knows knowledge is power and she believe it is the greatest power as well. Theres nothing that makes her more angry then slavery and she would choose death rather then become enslaved. She is always willing to help good people and is very forgiving to most bad people.
She is proud to be a high elf but unlike most of her race she dose not view herself or her race above other races, she believes all life strong or weak big or small are all equally important and actions are the only thing someone can truly judge another based on.

Character Biography:

Lilly was born in Manadh Calad (the dark forest) but she doesn't remember it much because her father had a child with a human and was banished from the forest. Lilly was never exiled from Manadh Calad but she was still under the care of her father since her mother had died shortly after she was born. She grew up in Falkvard with her dad and half brother, she was known to keep to herself and spend her time reading stories and studding magical scripts. Eventually Over time she was able to learn how to use these magics with the help of a necklace her mother gave her before she died.
Over the years she helped her family by working as a bar maid in a local tavern. Sometimes when she was in there she would see powerful mages and dream of becoming one someday. Eventually she heard about the mages guild and knew that her goal was to join one day.
From then on she practiced magic much more often in her free time. Unfortunately her happy youth would come to an end soon as her father became very ill and died.
The next few years where spent taking care of her little brother but poor and money where hard to come by and she spent all her time working to keep her and her brother alive. Eventually one day she woke and found her brother had vanished without a trace. She searched for weeks around the area calling his name but she never found him. With everything lost she decided to pack her things and leave to try and find a new life, she now heads to search for this magic guild and start a new life for herself.

(i know normally it would be more harder to cast a fireball but in the backstory she was overcasting and got lucky)

--Scenarios—

My character would try and hide from the conflict unless Barkamsted was loosing or innocent people where getting hurt in the crossfire. if that was the case id try and get get the civilians behind cover and/or do whatever i could to protect the civilians in harms way. If that was not the case id try and find shelter or a place to hide.

I carefully light a torch and slowly approach the mound looking for traps as i go, i try and keep my distance encase its a monster of some kind when i get close enough or if it starts to charge at he i will attempt to use magic (if i have magic at this point) and/or weapons i had on me to attack them at a range but if they don't move i will investigate further. Depending on what/who it is i will either help them (if they are a hurt creature) or i will try to run or fight.

--Magic Application--

Magic Biography:

As Lilly grew up she was always fascinated with magic, she was knows to read books and study magic scripts in her time, one day she found a strange text on the back of one of her books about magic through out the history of the kingdom. Though it was hard to pronounce she read the incantation and a small orb of fire shot from her hand and hit a nearby bush. She panicked and her father ran over and helped put out the fire. He then explained about the magic of the elves and she was able to cast this because of a necklace he had given her and helped teach her about how to use her gift.
Over the years after work she would learn magic from her dad, she was taught never to use magic for evil and that even what can normally only do bad can be used for good if you know how. She learned this especially well in through pyromancy: fires can hurt kill and destroy they can also light up the darkness or help stop the cold.
After her dad died (in main backstory) she didn't have much time to practice magic but did the most with what she had. Over the years she learned she had aspects to Telekinesis, Ice Magic and Alteration magic and had learned much more Pyromancy (fire magic) then before however she left her fire trinket necklace by her father's grave before she left.
She now seeks to find the magic college to increase her magic power and one day become a great mage.

To use magic one must either have an affinity with a type of magic or have a magical trinket and can never cast spells more powerful then medium level unless you have an aspect in that kind of magic. You can cast 5 spells at your hugest level, 10 on your next 20 on your next and so on. if you are able to cast spells 4 levels down from your highest level you can cast them as "cantrips" these spells don't cost magic power and you can cast as many as you like. Only some races have affinities or aspect for magic, for example ca'liars have an affinity for earth magic so they don't have to use a trinket to cast up to medium level earth spells while other like high elves often have 4 aspects that they can surpass medium level in (if they have a powerful enough trinket). A caster can also "overcast" a spell to make it stronger by putting more magical energy then normal in to a spell, this is dangerous though because it can harm the caster and make trinkets shatter or even explode.

My character focuses in pyromancy and if i had a week trinket i would be able to make weak effects happen for example cause an existing fire flicker or shoot out a ray of sparks (examples from the limitations spreadsheet).
10/02/2019 6:16 pm
Synder

Thank you for applying! Unfortunately, your application, both character and magic, will have to be denied on account of a variety of errors and issues found while reading through.

To start, your character's height is too short for their race, and their eyes and hair do not match. All High-Elves are born with naturally matching hair and eye colors which trend towards the brighter side of their spectrum, and the only exception to this is blue eyes, which allow for other colors of hair. Furthermore, High-Elves cannot have tan skin, nor can they tan through any natural means. To return to height for a moment, your character's breasts will be no different than any other High-Elves no matter their height; it's almost impossible to mistaken a High-Elf for a Human or Half-Elf because of their defined features, such as this. Half-Elves may potentially be mistaken for Humans and/or vice versa, but High-Elves are both far too tall, lithe, and different in appearance. Going on to your character's personality, I don't see any reason that a High-Elf raised in a High-Elven household would be brought up to think any different to their culture's norms and standards. It is widely accepted by High-Elves as a whole that they are Kinos' favored, due to the variety of gifts they are given at birth (magic, lifespan, immunities) which protect them in his world.

Moving on to your backstory, Lilly is far too young to have been born in Manadh Calad to begin with. Manadh and the High-Elven capital of Silivrenmîr fell 47 years ago from the Pact's advance across the west. Additionally, Barkamsted was the last bastion of all Alliance races up until 18 years ago, with Falkvard only having been retaken 17 years ago and Manadh still yet to be retaken by the High-Elves due to the dangerous creatures that lurk within the Elven Forest. With all this said, even with adjustments to time your backstory fails to mention how a Human and High-Elf met in Manadh, where the forest was guarded closely by its Elves in its time to ensure that no trespassers or other races would or could enter. Another thing to note is the Vess father's death; High-Elves are immune to illness, and as such could not die from any natural disease. In general the backstory is very short, lackluster, and without detail. It misses almost every point of the server's lore history. There's not much if any mention of the war and how it impacted Lilly's family, the struggle of living in the poverty-ridden home that was Barkamsted through the war, or even a mention of Barkamsted. My best advice is to redo it from scratch once the lore is given another good read through.

Going on to your magic application, the magic backstory is far too short and misses, as well as incorrectly assumes, key details. Firstly, magic in Saphriel is not regularly or naturally cast by spoken incantations but by focus and thought. There must be intention. Secondly, a fireball, no matter the size, is far too great a feat for one's first spell. If you refer to the magic limitations sheet found in the rules section of the forums, you may find better fits!

Moving on to your description of magic's limitations and the system itself, cantrips are only possible when done so out of combat or stressful situations. Otherwise, they will cost however much their rank would to the mage's magical reserves. Additionally, your definition of overcasting is completely incorrect. Overcasting cannot make a spell stronger, nor has it a part in destroying a trinket, but it is what happens when a mage tries to cast when they have run out of spell slots. What would destroy a trinket however would be casting upon it with a level higher than its capacity, such as a mage with a wondrous trinket attempting to cast that level of magic through a strong trinket. As for what's missing, the description fails to mention the time necessary to progress through levels of magic, line of sight being required, having to both be born with affinity and have a trinket to cast, and that every trinket has a specific aspect and level.

Should you wish to reattempt this application, please give a poke to this thread once all issues have been addressed!
10/03/2019 10:56 pm
FoxxGirl
Thats fine, i made a new app and i think i fixed all the issues =P
10/01/2019 12:58 amhistory
Level 1 : New Crafter
Language

---------
---------x OOC Information x
---------
---------

Minecraft IGN: 1_Language_1 || Alt is Sandqu33n

Prior Roleplay Experience: In 2011, I roleplayed on Roblox to the point where I was basically Ruler of Roleplay for a while. In 2014, I joined Lord of the Craft, and have been role-playing there ever since. I’ve had a wide array of characters; women, children, men, Arabic, French, Dutch, black, bi-racial, orc, elf, and kha (kha is our version of your Ca’Liar, but more predator-feline and less neko). I was on the server Westworld since it opened, and awaiting its reopening. I also dabbled on the server The Isles of Ebonmyre (or something like that), as well as the server known as Warlords. You can find just how wide of an array I have in terms of characters by looking up my skins on NameMC.

Define Power-gaming in your own words: The act of forcing emotes onto characters, especially ones that are unrealistic or too ‘godly’ for your character to perform. Such as; A decrepit man backflipping off a wall, a crutched-man chasing at full speed, or a tiny girl body-slamming an orc.

Define Meta-gaming in your own words: Using knowledge in roleplay that has been gained through OOC platforms, such as Bob pm’ing you where he is so that you can help him fight off bandits, or using a secret in roleplay that you learned over Discord.

Define Role-Playing in your own words: Story-telling while acting or partaking as another character to move the story along. It is the interaction with the setting around you through the unique portrayal of your character, by means of how they act, speak, and so on. It shapes your character and creates a cohesive story.

---------
---------x In-Character Information x
--------- ---------

Character name: Chaggrak

Race: Orc

Character Description:

  Chaggrak stands before you, a 5’11 orcess with a stocky build. Her genes come from her parents, of course. This resulted in Chaggrak inheriting dark brown hair, her mom’s ‘thunder-thighs’ and arms, her father’s prominent jaw, and a recessive gene for blue eyes. Chaggrak’s skin tone is a murky yellow, such as the kind of color you’d get when mixing red and green paint. She’s seen wearing cloth wraps around her body in dark and different colors since it is hard to get the fitting needed for unruly thunder thighs. Running up her left arm are sparse tribal tattoos, a tribute to Uldir.

  Chaggrak decorates her body and her clothes with the bones of dead animals, sacrifices, or really anything that can be found. They can be found in her hair, along with the trim of her loincloth, decorating the bands on her left arm, and two prominent special bones around her neck. Despite Chaggrak’s good genes, there’s one that flaws above all else. She has a wide jaw, large brow, and big eyes, unlike the other female orcs who probably are hotter like the video-games show them. Chaggrak also has another flaw, what her tusks lack in length, they make up for in width and often slur her speech. She is often seen stretching her spine or rolling her shoulders back because breasts are a pain. Her fingernails are always dirty from scratching around to find bones for her collection.

N/A since I’d like to get in-game to see what happens.

  Chaggrak is usually nonchalant, paired with the occasional grunts of disinterest; however, she is strong-willed, challenging, and often gets too excited or passionate about bone-collecting. Unlike her parents, Chaggrak is not the scholarly type, mostly seen eating any parchment missive given to her out of defiant boredom. She is, however, loyal to what she deems worthy and somewhat humorous in grim manners. That being said, the orcess is yet to develop a more cohesive personality due to the fact that she is not quite as social. Lastly, Chaggrak has a strong moral compass and is easily pissed off when she feels something is wrong. For example, fighting/eating a non-orc child is unfair because they cannot fight back, and therefore cannot be a worthy opponent.

Character Biography:

  Six years after the Fall of Tenifae, Chokul and Botturak were joined as lifemates; however, due to the frequent battles, the mated couple didn’t have time for a child, nor did they want one just yet. Seven years later, Botturak miscarried a male son, but it was after four years of rigorous trying that she gave birth to a daughter, Chaggrak at age 32. Chaggrak was a brave but misguided kub, usually seen trying to chase after lizards for the sake of eating them for the hell of it. Like orc-society demands, Chaggrak worshipped Uldir from a young age and tried to strive to be on of the Battle Maidens, but deep down she admired Perities due to a connection with her mother. Her fondness for Perities comes from watching her mother hunt. Of course, orcs have to eat somehow, and you usually have to hunt, fish, or trap for it. Botturak would hunt, and Chaggrak would help carry what parts of the corpse back that she could carry for the meat and hide, nothing wasted. She kept her like of Perities quiet because the orcs frowned upon the worship of any god other than Uldir. Her father Chokul was more of the calm warrior, but he was somewhat traditional in his worship of Uldir.

  When Chaggrak was two, her father just arrived back home from the Fall of Sandori Kanas with an enemy prisoner. Chokul took the prisoner and showed Chaggrak how to sacrifice to praise Uldir. As a reward, Chaggrak received a bone. Strangely fascinated by it, Chaggrak tied it into her hair. Chokul only chuckled and called her his ‘Little Battle Maiden’ as he lifted her onto his shoulders and went back to Botturak. Throughout the years, the family moved along towards the alliance territories. Unfortunately, right before the end of the Demon War, Chokul was killed. Chaggrak was six, and was left with a grieving mother; however, a life-long bond can have an impact on the living spouse’s health. Botturak monotonously did her duty and provided, but the longer she grieved, the further down her health went. It wasn’t until Botturak was killed around the Plague, Chaggrak was fifteen.

  By this time, Chaggrak was in Barkamsted, where she was shortly picked up by authorities that escorted her to an orphanage. Many times, the orcess tried to escape, often sneaking out at night to sleep near the Arena. Chaggrak had not personally experienced the tides of war herself, not even when the Ca’Liar attacked Barkamsted when she was sixteen. Due to safety concerns, she was transferred to the Falkvard Orphanage. To this day, she wishes she could have taken a tail or even a bone for her collection. Nowadays, at 21, she is rarely seen anywhere else except near Uldir’s Arena. She practices her hunting skills, and also fishing skills now that she no longer chucks spears off the coast near the boat to Barkamsted. Some days you'll see her wandering Falkvard, maybe stopping to buy bread or talk to another orc, but her primary goal is to try and reconnect with another orc-tribe ever since she heard about the Mesa Campaign, and to see what goes on from there.

My Orc

---------
---------x Scenarios x
--------- ---------

Maggrak bellows out a loud roar of frustration which was slurred by her wide tusks, just wanting to get away from the useless fight so she could go back to her hunting. When two aggressors come at her, she simply grabs them by their collars and smacks their heads together. [O] “PHUCK. YUU.” Maggrak then drops them, knowing that she can’t take any of their bones without getting murdered by the guards. She rubs her yellow foot in the face of one of the aggressors and proceeds to try to maneuver out of the riot. It’s not her fault that she has to smack a few scalps together to get out. All she wants to do it get out of the rioting crowd.

Chaggark grinds her bare heels into the ground, grumbling to herself. The orcess heaved a large rock into her arms, holding it back in case it was needed. She bellowed authoritatively through her girthy tusks which slurred and distorted her speech, some spit flying out because she had not swallowed her spit. [O] “WHU ARHE YUU! Identiphi yooshelf, behfore I hurr thish rock!” If the mound came to light as something aggressive that she could not defeat, Chaggrak probably would have thrown the boulder and made a run for it. On the other hand, if it was something that wasn’t too harmless, she’d probably stop the boulder, and approach the being with an annoyed huff and a disgustingly loud snort.
10/02/2019 12:23 am
Ambillis
This application is...

Pending!

Thank you for applying to the server first and foremost! I'm always quite excited to see characters with Orcish heritage and the like, they're always fun to play especially with the hardships they faced during the war - even currently. There are some things I would like to discuss with you firstly; The backstory is a little sparse, particularly with the timeline and how things have come together. I would like to hear more about her parents, how she earned this respect from the Gods, particularly Perities since it is not a God/Goddess typically worshipped by Orcish people. Things that described her childhood more would also be preferable, but generally we like to see something that shows a flow of progression from past to present!

After these edits, don't hesitate to DM or bump this post, thank you again!
10/02/2019 3:03 pm
Language
Bumpity Bump Bump

Bumpity Bump Bump

Loooook
at Chaggrak goooooo
10/02/2019 8:27 pm
Ambillis
This application is...

Pending!

Hi there! Better edits, but there are still somethings I would like to discuss; Firstly, you should take note of the rough age she experienced things, such as the death of her parents, her arrival to the city. I would also like to say that children would not be brought to battles or after lest they were in camps! How her family traveled seems rather skewed, I would like to see more detail on this if she was moved along during the war towards the Alliance territories or if she was simply transferred to Barkamsted when the city was open to all as refuge.

Bump when you are done!
10/02/2019 11:43 pm
Language
You're killing me here, I'm trying! xD

I hope these edits get us closer.
10/04/2019 2:42 am
Ambillis
This application is...

Pending!

This probably wasn't something you were wanting to hear, but there are still some things that need tweaking now that I know about the general timeline of events. Firstly, at the age of twelve she would be raised in the orphanage if she were living in Falkvard at the time - or Barkamsted, which neither is specified save for the part where she mucks about in the Falkvard Arena. Secondly, her parents are considerably old to have had a child that was 12 when they passed. Biologically speaking, women have incredible difficulty conceiving past 40 for humans (And this is from a modern era, think even younger for the medieval day and age), so putting that in perspective of an Orc, she would have to be a bit younger than that in order for a child to still be viable. I suggest making heavy edits and ensuring that all things are cohesive!
09/30/2019 8:59 pmhistory
Level 2 : Apprentice Explorer
_valyrian
--OOC Information—
Minecraft IGN: Xaevial
Prior Role play Experience: DIfferent Rp servers: LotC, Lanthyr, Aethier.
Define Power-gaming in your own words: Power gaming is when a player ignores the physical and or mental limitations of their character and tries to seem invincible aka godlike while trying to force an action/reaction upon them

Define Meta-gaming in your own words: Meta gaming is the act of putting information into play irply that was gained oocly, usually something that your character wouldn't know unless told
Define Role-Playing in your own words: Role play is another form of acting: stepping outside of ones own character and playing this new identity out in whatever way

--IC Information—
Character name: Allanon

Character Description:
You'd have the pleasure of setting your eyes on a male who stood at 6'0 with rich brown skin and decently kept hair which didn't grow pass his ears

A pickpocket of great distinction

The comedic guy: Allanon is an up-beat type guy who is rather flirty almost while seeming conceited at times. with such being said he does have his own flaws hear and there, coming off as selfish and self centered at times, he may often do his best do avoid doing free labor or things that are of no importance to him

Character Biography:
A boy who lived on the rough side of things, Allanon Grew up in Barkamsted with his beloved (whore) mother Alana, though without much of a father figure he became a sucker for something close to a father figure, turning to that of a local thief who ran a rather small cartel.

later in life as Allanon got older he realized his natural talent for pick pocketing,using this skill to get into the cartel seeing as he now had something to offer as well as doing such as a means to support his mother, making victims out of nobles and high ranking officers of the sort, though this didn't last long seeing as he'd soon get caught and taken yo trial which of course was going to lead to an execution had he not pleaded with the judge/Jury/Executioner lessening the sentence to a month and some days in a dungeon.

while living out his sentence his mother soon took to thinking her son was dead after he didn't come home for some months was dead throughout the time she was quite overjoyed to find him released though she made him promise never to steal, so from that moment on he chose not to steal again, pick pocketing becoming one of his hidden talents of which he never used for the time being.

[img title="ryan kinkade - Google Search" width= height=]i.pinimg.com/236x/a9/b1/08/a9b10856def00c61f3a12ad3789a86c1.jpg[/img]

Concept art: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/663999538792467749/?nic=1

--Scenarios—
Please give us a role play response to both of these scenarios, at least one paragraph each:

A small riot breaks out in Barkamsted between Humans and Pact races. They're quickly gaining the attention of the guards as the situation escalates. Your character is somehow swept up into the crowd as the situation grows more dangerous, what do they do? As things grew dire, Allanon would perhaps take advantage of the chaos, going to do that of which he does best: Pick pockets the guards, the citizens, anyone he can get to but do to his reformed self he might only settle for making sure his mother is safe

For whatever reason, your character finds themselves in an ancient tomb, the walls thick with brambles and foliage. From up ahead, you spy what appears to be a shambling mound of something. It pauses, quivers and moans. What do they do? A male of the curious sort Allanon would indeed venture further ever so cautiously to find the root of such noise.

[header=r]

--Magic Application--

Magic Biography:
The man he never new: his father Allanon's mother was something short of a harlot who doesn't really know which man may be Allanon's father but little do the two of them know, he was a Dark Mage passing through town who payed for a special night with The lad's mother though soon never to be seen again of which he inherited Dark Magic as well as Telekinesis but from his mother Lightning Elemental magic

Without any form of spells or lessons In order to cast any form of magic one would need to stream their 'mana'/energy into that of a trinket in order to enact some sort of magical feat

With magic seeming to be something that is currently widespread it's dangers are something to behold especially that of its backlash including that of, Migraines, Seizures and if your really unfortunate: Death!!!.

After acquiring his first Dark trinket he'd begin to practice vigorously soon taking his thieving nature to whole new heights: upon entering the well lit guild hall the male would inhale sharply as he clenched his trinket intensely followed by it being encumbered in a dark aura. with this all the torches within the hall would be blown out as he began to sweat heavily, though soon enough he'd advance into such as he aimed to rob the guild blind.

10/03/2019 7:22 pmhistory
Purgatoris
This application is...

Denied!

Thank you for making the edits, but unfortunately the biography misses out a lot of key points which need to be included in your character's back story and some of the things in the backstory just straight up wouldn't exist.

For example it mentioned that Allanon ran a small cartel. Cartels did not exist, this is a medieval fantasy server and despite the fantasy we do like to keep some things as close to medieval era as possible. Cartels were never a thing, nor were lawful trials with judges/juries; the reigning monarch - in this case the King and his Guard Force would typically just decide among themselves whether they face judgement or not and the King would get the ultimate say on a trial.

Pickpocketing nobles would also be nigh impossible as first of all the nobles would likely eventually catch him at it and he wouldn't just be locked up, and secondly, he'd be pickpocketing Elven nobility as human nobility was practically wiped from the war.

So I'd like you to remove anything about a cartel, about trials, and edit the backstory to include the effects of the 72-year-old Pact War that his parents would have lived through and how it effected the family. What about his relationship with his mother, did he have any siblings? How well off were they? How about the plagues and the Ca'liar invasion, what did your character do then? There is a lot to cover so comb through the backstory again and make the edits else I cannot accept the app.

And again, if you need help, send me a message!
10/01/2019 4:24 pm
Purgatoris
This application is...

Denied

Hi, thank you for applying but we shall unfortunately have to deny this application for several reasons.

The main reasons are that his biography is two sentences long. At minimum we wish for it to be 3 paragraphs or the perceived equivelant of that so you will need to give him an actual backstory if you want to play. His personality is lacking too and if he has no occupation you could perhaps state a trade or what he does! If he is a pickpocket by occupation at the moment just say so!

Another thing though is the powergaming description being not quite accurate. Powergaming is the act of forcing an action onto another character without giving them a chance of doing something about it, OR acting as though your character is all-powerful when they are not.

Please either make amends or make a new app! And remember whitelist will absolutely be willing to help so go to discord or pm a whitelister here if you need answers.
09/29/2019 4:47 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Warrior
The_Chaz
Sounds like you've spent a lot of time developing this server to what it has become today. This is just a free bump comment so feel free to reply.
09/30/2019 6:11 pm
whiisperer
Thanks, we've worked a long time to really develop some of our systems such as alchemy, herb hunting and gardening, encounters in the world, magic, enchantments, etc. A lot of people have come together over the years to contribute to the server over the last 4 years to help it grow to where it is now.

There can be a bit of a learning curve that can weigh on new players. Though we're very open to answering questions in discord and have a quick-start guide to help with general information if they get confused. But I'm confident that most people will enjoy themselves once they get into the motion of things and start their own adventure, or start to pursue whatever their goals are, be it thieving, merchantile, political, combat, or otherwise. We enjoy running group events as well as personal events and encounters for characters as they develop to give players a sense of uniqueness when they begin to pursue their goals, rather than just another face in the crowd.
09/21/2019 10:54 pm
WarriorReborn
--OOC Information--

Minecraft IGN: Baltora

Roleplay Experience: A short time on ‘From the Ashes’, a few D&D role playing games

Power-gaming definition: Creating a character to have massive statistical advantages in the game, or min-maxing.

Meta-gaming definition: Using knowledge learned outside of the game to help benefit your character in a situation.

Role-playing definition: Acting in the way that your character would act in situations, and speak the way your character would speak to people. Though also knowing when to refrain from responses or acts if it is exceptionally detrimental to the party/story.

--IC Information--

Name: Emmane

Race: Half-High Elf

Character Description-

Emmane is a six foot tall half-elf. Her blonde hair twisted into a braided ponytail that falls down her back. Her eyes are a dark green. She usually dawns simple brown robes. Her general expression is that of uninterest or slight annoyance. Her skin is a tad bit lighter than normal due to her excessive book study.

Character Occupation-

Emmane has spent most of her time working as a scribe

Character Personality/Traits-

Emmane usually keeps to herself, and can be found in one of the lesser populated parts of a festival. In conversation she will stay guarded, listening to the conversation and giving small answers. Though the topics of the arcane and astrology can pull her out of her shell, making her more excited. When out in the town, she will regularly study the nearby surroundings, whether it be a unique being, or the stars in the sky.

Character Biography-

On a night when the screams of soldiers and the roar of cannon fire could be heard in the distance, a human scholar by the name of Landon was awoken by loud banging on the door. Running to the door, he swung the door open. Instead of an armored guard, or weary traveler, he found himself staring at a small basket on the porch. Inside the basket, a new born half elf cried into the night. A search down the street revealed no one, and when he called out, no one answered. Turning back to the child, Landon sighed. Gripping the basket, he brought the child inside.

Over the years, Landon raised the half elf girl, giving her the name of Emmane. As she grew, he kept her interactions with others limited to the street they lived in. When she was at home, he taught her all he could, from the stars to history, arcane principle and trinkets to Math equations. Emmane took the the studies quickly, falling further and further away from the outside, and further and further into the books. Though she studied indiscriminately, her preferences were in the cosmos and the mystical arts. Whenever she read about magic, a fire seemed to stir in her, her veins, her mind, her heart, all burn with a passion that she tried desperately to use. Though it was to no avail as she had no trinket, no focus for the energy. When she read of the stars and what else lie in the sky, she felt almost the opposite, a cool, calm. It was a feeling that even though war and travesty tore apart the world she called home, she could look up into the night sky, and see something better, a life of peace, just out of reach.

Years went by, and she continued to learn, continued to look at the stars. No matter what happened, she could look up at the stars, and feel calm. Even when hell gates pumped out demon spawn, or when reality began to tear into the void. Or when the plague claimed many of her neighbors. Even then, she would still look up at the stars, and the fear that filled her would go away, replaced by a cooling calm.

On her twenty fifth birthday though, she would need the stars again. On this day, Landon tasked her with a mission. “Go out into the world, I have nothing more I can teach you here.” Emmane had been taken aback by this, and when asked where to even begin, Landon pointed to the nearby city Falkvard. Emmane argued and pleaded, wishing to stay with the scholar, but it was for not. A few days later, she found herself stepping out of the door, her knees shaking and mouth dry. One last look at the house behind her, her home for twenty five years. She then looked up at the stars, their bright twinkling forms against the deep blue night sky, taking form into constellations of heroes and monsters of lore. Her heart slowed, her breath evened. Emmane faced forward, and started her journey to Falkvard.

Other/Extra- First aspect: Elemental fire. Second Aspect: Telekinesis

--Scenarios--

Keeping her hood up and head down, Emmane would duck and weave through the crowd. Avoiding the guards, she would duck into an empty back alley. After making sure she’s not being followed, she would make her way, street by street, until she was in a safer part of the city.

-----------

- Emmane would keep a safe distance and observe the mound for a bit. Once she is satisfied, she would try to either sneak around the being, or double back for another route. If she has a flame trinket, she would prep a flame spell for defense.

--Magic Application--

Magic Bio-

As Emmane Grew with Landon, He taught her many different aspects of the world. One of which was the history and basics of magic. Emmane took a particular interest in this study, the acts of arcane might dazzling her thoughts as she learned. Many nights had her engrossed in reading whatever tombs were available within the collection the scholar had.

As the Her lessons neared the end, Landon brought out a few trinkets. The trinkets themselves were only small, old, and rusty. One a trinket for simple telekinesis, the other for flame. As these trinkets came into Emmane’s, temporary possession, she began to practice. The first few weeks her attempts proved all but futile. Neither a stake floating books, nor a ball of flame found its way to her hands. She did not relent though, through trials and testing, she continued to work towards the control of her power.

She continued her training, for years, practicing every other day. Around her twenty fifth birthday, she was finally able to wield the magic through the trinkets… for the most part. One sideways bowl floating to her hand and a couple of lit candles wasn’t much, but it was a start. With her dedication and practice, she’d work hard to possibly wield magic the same way some of her greatest heroes did in the books she read.

Describe the Magic system in your own words -

The magic system of Saphriel has several requirements in order to produce a spellcaster, including race, trinkets, and lifestyle. Certain races are more inclined towards magic than others. Races like High-Elves and humans are capable of wielding a variety of magic forms, while dark elves are completely incapable of any magical ability. When casting spells, the caster requires to have concentration, which is problematic during high stress situations like being under noisy neighbors or in the middle of full scale battles. The different forms of magic are called aspects, some aspects include Telekinesis, Elemental, and Alteration. Magical ability takes training, like every other skill.

Even with training though, every spell caster, be it a simple mage, or a great wizard, needs material objects known as trinkets in order to actually cast spells. Each Trinket varies in aspect use and power capabilities, something like a rusty ring of fire could be capable of feeble spells like lighting a torch or starting a fire, Where as a wondrous sword of holy magic is capable of sending a grand demon lord back to the plane of hell. Both trinkets and spellcasters have limits. When using your natural abilities far beyond your natural limits can cause physical side effects like dizziness, headaches, seizures, and, most importantly, death. Forcing too much power through a trinket can cause it to break, or even explode, which may also cause death.

How would you use a weak trinket of your first aspect -

Mostly through use of firelight during the long nights of study, either by lighting a candle or with a held flame in one hand. Another way would be when working with scribe papers and leather bound books. With melting the wax, branding the leather, or drying wet pages.
09/24/2019 3:03 pm
Purgatoris
This application is...

Pending!

Hello and firstly thank you for applying to our server! Your character seems rather lovely but there are a few things I wish to see amended, mentioned or added before I can approve of her.

First of all, the definitions of power-gaming and roleplaying in the OOC section are quite lacking. Power-gaming can also be defined for example as forcing an action upon a character which is not your own, or acting as if your character is god-like/all-powerful. We expect a level of realism or as realistic as one can get with fantasy medieval roleplay so please bare that in mind! Also, for the roleplaying definition, "Though also knowing when to refrain from responses or acts if it is exceptionally detrimental to the party/story" falls under meta. In roleplay, one should act as their character would regardless of what they OOCly would do to prevent detriment! Make these edits first.

Next I come to the biography section. Details about her life aside from her being a scholar are rather vague. How did Landon and/or Emmane earn income for the household? How was their relationship? What kind of racism did she experience growing up, as a half-elf? And, did she live in Barkamsted? I need some of this stuff clarifying, better detail on her life as a whole.

Finally we come to the magic section. Not much to change here, I only ask that you mention that eyesight and/or touch is required for casting!

Make your edits, then inbox me or reply when you're ready for another review!
08/24/2019 4:10 pmhistory
Loakwurm
--OOC Information—

Minecraft IGN: Loakwurm

Prior Roleplay Experience: Nearly 30 years of D&D\Pathfinder. Many years of video game RPGs.

Define Power-gaming in your own words: When a player abandons ‘realistic’ consistency of ability in a character in order to ‘win’ a challenge or goal. This includes one player stating an effect or emote in a forceful way upon another player. Extreme examples: “Melfindel stops Winston’s heart.” or “Melfindel deeply disturbs Winston, causing him to be petrified in fear.”

Define Meta-gaming in your own words: When a player uses out of game knowledge to make an in game decision with a character.

Define Role-Playing in your own words: When a player becomes a character in all ways reasonably possible in a game, according to its rules.

--IC Information—

Character name: Melfindel

Character Description:

(At least one to two paragraphs describing your character’s physical appearance, including height, eye color, and skin tone.)

Melfindel is a bit tall for a High Elf, standing at seven feet and one inch tall. He also weighs a healthy eight and one fifth stone, with a fairly slender look though most would not mistake him as frail. His skin is very pale with some hint of yellow hue to it which has a stark contrast to his deep and dark violet eyes. The matching hair can be mistaken as a black when seen in darker areas, but clearly the same as his eyes in the daylight. The hair is very straight and flowing barely past shoulder length.

Melfindel has always had a very unique looking face. One distinguish, even as a child. His chin, jaw and cheek bones are sharp edged and angular allowing for more pronounced emotion to show when he wishes. The rest of his features are around what you would expect from a High Elf.

(For us to understand your characters starting skill set, your character still will need to contact the Kingdom to purchase any property)

Melfindel has spent as much time as he could writing scrolls and tomes for the purpose of logging personal knowledge discovery. As young as he is, the only other skills he has been working on are magic related.

(At least one to two paragraphs describing their personality traits and/or quirks.)

Melfindel is considered by those who know him well to be highly charismatic in a unique way. While the stereotypical charismatic tends to attract groups to themselves or demonstrate various levels of leadership, Melfindel tends to not care to draw attention to himself, but can be incredibly persuasive when he wishes. He cares for the well being of generally all sentient races, which is conveyed in an obvious manner in his respectful, thoughtful and kind interactions with others. Many of those traits are likely due to his reverence of the gods and his belief that more can be credited to them in created beings than most tend to lend them. He is patient, serious minded and very calculated in what he does. Despite this, he is still fairly social and finds it easy to make friends and connections. He takes his work seriously and is extremely thorough; perfectionist is the most accurate description. One aspect of Melfindel that could be considered a personality flaw is the fact that once one has lost his trust, it can be extremely difficult to earn it back. When one is in good standing, however, he will go out of his way to help.

Character Biography:

(At least three paragraphs describing your character's history and experiences, you must reference server lore)

Melfindel spent his entire childhood in a time of incredible hardship and war. Because of this, his earliest strong memories are of his parents involvement and their resulting use of him as well. The majority of his families work was focused on healing the most direly injured, though times called for defensive measures as the line was sometimes lost. Even though the work was of long grueling hours, Melfindel never complained. Even in his earliest years, it was apparent to him this was necessary and it would be wrong for him to display any form of displeasure. Until the discovery of his aspect gifts, Melfindel spent most of his time resupplying the front line healing tents and running messages. After discovering his gifts and fortune in finding his Holy trinket, his duties shifted to helping his family with the actual magic use in healing. The wars shaped his parents in permanent ways that then greatly affected how they raised Melfindel, not even to mention the effects it had on Melfindel being so involved with the efforts. Out of their desire to do right in ensuring new generations would not forget the atrocities committed by Valis, they spoke often of the war times before Melfindel was born, which he took to heart. His parents also hold hope that one day they may return to a reconstructed home in the great forest Manadh Calad, which Melfindel also heard them speak of often. These became some of his first writings, as his interest in scroll and tome writing emerged, documenting war stories and the history of Manadh Calad according to what his parents had taught him. Melfindel likely had a desire and connection to the gods his entire growing life that was only recognized in the years following the war’s end. From what he remembers, it was the mystery surrounding Demosto that fueled his seemingly unquenchable appetite for historical lore and the gods. Later, Aderoth took precedence of his time as he found quickly how little his parents and anyone else he could speak to knew about Demosto. Knowing that he could not reasonably leave his parents when he came of age at 25, he instead took extended trips to other cities. He would help locals of the places he visited with their reconstruction projects while also finding as much information as he could about his endless questions, then thoroughly document it. During these years, Melfindel also continued his practice with Holy and, to a much lesser degree, alteration due to the only trinket he owned having a tie to Holy aspect. Recently, while Melfindel was helping one of his father’s friends at the forge, his trinket somehow fell off his necklace into the forge fire. This loss distressed him greatly, causing him to revisit the idea of moving to Falkvard. His family had now reached a level of stability and he was now 33.

Falkvard was Melfindel’s choice, because he had become fairly proficient in scroll and tome writing in his mind, and hoped that the resources and learned citizens their could further his studies. On top of this, he knew that many organizations had reformed at this point and could look to join one or more to speed up his progress. There should also be a way to obtain some trinkets. After his arrival, Melfindel searched for a priest. He swiftly realized the vastness of his ignorance of the gods and made an internal vow to prioritize this area for study as well as find a way to get another trinket, preferably Holy to start. Melfindel logged thoroughly, any and all information given to him, while trying to verify with multiple sources for accuracy. Though he has only been in Falkvard for a few months now, his obsession with discovering for himself the mysteries of the gods, lore, history, and especially Demosto and Aderoth have grown by a huge amount. Unfortunately for him, no trinket has become available to him yet.

He will begin his search for an organization to join in the next few days. This will bring him out of his sporadic searching and hopefully allow for a more organized approach. This he also hopes will get him steady work for a more stable living as a writer or scribe, while enabling him to continue his loremaster, history scholar and theological studies dream.

--Scenarios—

Melfindel yells as loudly as he can to gain the attention of the combatants: “SLOW DOWN! HEAR ME!” Then, addressing any that may be paying attention: “Help me calm the rest down before the guards get here and everything escalates.” After this, Melfindel attempts to intercept any guards that are incoming: “Please, give them a minute to calm themselves. We have several trying to break it up as we speak!” *points at those attempting to calm the rest of the crowd* “Relations between the races are in high tension, I beg you, let them attempt to civilly work this out. We do not need further increase their anger towards each other!”

While making ready defensive spells, Melfindel attempts to slowly and stealthily make his way back to alert the others who came to this place with him. When back to where the rest are waiting, he says: “There is a mound made of… something living back there. I heard a moaning sound before coming back here. Anyone have an idea what it may be? I would like to have a plan of some kind before we proceed in this tomb.” Melfindel then looks hopefully at the rest, waiting for their response.

--Magic Application--

Magic Biography:

(At least three paragraphs about your character's relationship to magic, and how they may discover their potential.)

Melfindel was discovered to be gifted with the ability to use magic a very early age. The following is his own written journal account, documenting the events leading to the discovery of his giftedness.

Personal Journal, Entry 4302: Reflecting on the past...

“I remember so clearly, and yet I do not know how old I was. Staring at some farmers as they walked by… then slowly raising my hands, staring at them and realizing for the first time… I am. I exist, in the same way the farmers exist. But, somehow… I was not them. This thought scared me and amazed me all at once. I assume now that a god was responsible when thinking back on it, but for some reason I looked away from my hands back to the farmers and tried to… become them? I saw a haze move out from my forehead and envelope the farmers like a light cloud vapor. They immediately stopped walking, cut off mid sentences. Looking down at themselves, looked at each other, shook their heads and kept walking. A wave of weakness struck me and now the necklace I wore felt incredibly heavy. I found it obvious in that moment that I was not becoming the farmers, but reaching out to them somehow.

As fast as I could, I ran back home, down the path from where I had been standing watching the farmers. Bursting into our home in a sweat, I slammed down into a chair to catch my breath. Mother with clear concern asked ‘Melfindel! What in the abyss is going on?!’. After explaining everything multiple times, with both of my parents asking me for more details and repeats, the lessons began. It turns out my necklace, which I found buried in a pile of rocks at the bottom of a stream flowing near my house was a Holy trinket. Thinking it was just some hand carved talisman, I attached a strip of thin leather to form a necklace out of it.”

“Since that day, I have learned much, especially through the war. Likely the most important things I have learned since then, is how little I actually know. I apparently was gifted in aspect affinities to what is known as ‘Holy’ and ‘Alteration’ magic. My parents have told me that I likely will have at least one, if not two more affinities, but I have not discovered them yet. I hope to get my hands on some more trinkets someday soon to experiment. In the meantime, I will continue strengthening the ones I know about.”

Magic is known to run in accordance to what is called “aspects.” Being attuned in one, or up to a maximum of four are required for any spellcasting whatsoever since magic cannot be learned through knowledge of it as far as we know. Character race has a direct impact on potential aspect attunement quantities. The second major requirement for spell casting is the ownership and use of a trinket that shares the aspect tie that lines up with the spell a character plans to cast. Though simultaneously casting a mix of schools and aspects is possible, a character is limited to a max mix number equal to the number of attunements their race allows. In addition to this, a character is fatigued when using magic. Heavily more so in the case of multi-school and or multi-aspect casting. The following is the impact of casting in various scenarios: Mix school casting causes 2x fatigue, multi-aspect casting causes 3x fatigue, triple school casting causes 6x fatigue and 5x fatigue for a school mix and additional aspects. Exhaustion rates for each aspect are separated and mixed magics are powered by the lowest of the mixed aspects. A characters magical capabilities are trained in the same way one would train their physical body; the more used, the stronger it becomes and therefore the more one can cast.

Back in reference to trinkets; there are scales of quality and level in the trinket that caps the quality and level of the spell potential. One can view spell levels, effects and power based on a scale that ranges as follows: Weak, Feeble, Moderate, Medium, Strong, Powerful, Wonderous and Divine. A character's magical growth takes time. A little less time with a teacher, but still time. The vast majority of spells require line of sight and in many cases, touch range. Careful attention will be required to be sure of these limitations. The last major consideration to casting is overcasting. When fatigued from spell use for the day, a caster can overcast with a sharply increasing penalty to fatigue that can potentially result in death.

Melfindel’s first trinket, before it was destroyed, was of the Holy aspect in the form of a talisman that is made of wood. He wore it as a necklace as he did not know it was a trinket when he initially found it. Melfindel at the point leading up to trinket’s destruction, that the most efficient way to use it is to spiritually reach into it before stretching to a target if at range, or through his free arm in the case of a touch target. The trinket was generally gripped in his left hand in order to help maintain spiritual focus. Many other techniques had been attempted, but he found himself to be fatigued at a much faster rate with other methods.

08/27/2019 1:25 am
Synder
This application is Accepted.

Thank you for the edits! After a look over what's been fixed and adjusted, I believe you're all good to be accepted. However, to warn in advance, while most High-Elves are tolerant enough to live within the same cities as Orcs and other lesser races, it is considered rather taboo within their culture to consider one another on the same level, as much of their culture teaches that they are Kinos' greatest children.

With that said, welcome to Saphriel and enjoy your stay!

We use a custom Conquest texture pack and item pack! We also recommend Forge, MPM, and Optifine. While not required it's heavily suggested to use the item pack if nothing else or face strange and missing textures. Instructions on set up can be found here.

08/25/2019 1:01 amhistory
Synder
This application is Pending.

While overall a decent read, there are several points which need to be edited and adjusted in your application! The first of which is your definition of power-gaming. On Saphriel, power-gaming goes under the definition of any effect or emote that is forced upon a character by another player also.

As for the character portion of the application, 15 stone is too heavy for a High-Elf, which are commonly far more light. Weight would fit far more around the lower ~100 lbs! Beyond that, I would like to see more information added into the section detailing Melfindel's personality, as what's been given so far is rather lackluster and little to work off of.

Onto the backstory, I noticed a big sore spot is that it doesn't detail much about the High-Elf's experience during the war, but more so the treatment of his family towards him from their own experience with the war. Even the way it opens up seems as if it's more like the beginning of the magic biography than the character's backstory, so please give some more detail about the character's history growing up in the broken last bastion that was Barkamsted! Parts of it are written in a way that seem to imply the war had already been over during Melfindel's early childhood, when in fact it only ended 16 years ago, around the time he'd just be blossoming into a young adult.

Onto the matter of your magic application, it should be noted in the magic biography especially that holy doesn't immediately heal any blisters, or heal most things immediately for that matter. Holy blessings only vanquish poisons, infection, and increase the rate of natural healing for their subject, and by a very minimal amount at such a low casting level.

Your magic limitations and understanding of the system's rules seem to be fine and in order, but it should be known for your description of the use of a trinket that Melfindel will not be starting off with any talisman or trinket of the sort, and it would be lost in some manner or another prior to their entry into the server. No characters may start off with trinkets or other such items that provide a significant boost against any other characters.

Once edits and adjustments are made to correct the aforementioned issues in the application, please poke this thread and another review will shortly follow!
08/25/2019 5:27 pm
Loakwurm
Thank you for your quick response and patience with me. I addressed each of your points in the best way I know how at the moment. Let me know any other issues you find. You will notice that I rewrote entire sections in an attempt to increase overall quality with the issues you brought to my attention.

Thanks again for your time.
08/24/2019 6:29 amhistory
UnlikelyDanger
--OOC Information—
Minecraft IGN: UnlikelyDanger
Prior Roleplay Experience: 6 years of MCRP, OOCly play tabletop RPGs such as Dungeons and Dragons. I've been a part of servers such as Erecia, Arithia, Vaerik, Mirrasil, Alaurin, and now, hopefully here in Saphriel. Other experience could call towards my taking part in machinimas with my friends, using my voice for minor parts and as a body actor for games where its necessary.
Define Power-gaming in your own words: Power-gaming is forcing your actions onto another, or generally not reacting to things with real-world logic. Ex. forced hits, instant death, using alts to benefit mains (also meta), etc. Sometimes confused with God-modding, which is more like min-maxing your character.
Define Meta-gaming in your own words: Meta-gaming is using information learned OOC to benefit your character or someone else's ICly. The information usually tends to be things that a character can't or couldn't have known. Ex. secrets/personal inter-character information.
Define Role-Playing in your own words: Role-playing is taking on the part of a character, typically undertaking a different personality in the process. This process allows people to play out imaginative character or potentially even sides of themselves that they want to amp up.

--IC Information—
Character name: Artyom Dukes

Character Description:
(At least one to two paragraphs describing your character’s physical appearance, including height, eye color, and skin tone.)

Artyom stands at 6’1, weighing around 190lbs. His has a more fit build, though there is always room for improvement. Lightly sun-kissed skin adorns his slightly chiseled features, his eyes a piercing green. His hair is kept short in length though rises tall and slightly wavy, a deep brown color to him. His beard is kept, full and short as well. He favors the color red, often wearing darker shades trimmed with lighter if he can. He usually wears a warm coat that serves him well in the chill, and has a sense of fashion with the way he clothes himself. Though, often he could be seen in simple clothing like any other traveller or commoner. His body features the battle scars of his past, spread thinly around his body and appearing as fading scars, old wounds, healed burns, and such.

Character Occupation: Blacksmith, Soldier
(For us to understand your characters starting skill set, your character still will need to contact the Kingdom to purchase any property)

Artyom is known as generally a kind man, even a gentleman with proper mannerisms that may tend to give people the right impression. He usually has a calm, emotionless, and sophisticated demeanor, but privately or in the heat of things, he could change to angry, tense or vengeful at any moment, allowing him to remain unpredictable and able to adapt his thinking to where it best assists him in a specific situation. He is admiring, complex and obedient. However, he usually seems to not outwardly show the appropriate reaction compared to how others may. He appreciates the chain of command, and believes in having a firm hand when delivering punishments or dealing with a dangerous scenario. He can tend to zone out, giving a blank stare towards the wall as he goes deep into thought, reminiscent of a thousand-yard stare.

Character Biography:
(At least three paragraphs describing your character's history and experiences, you must reference server lore)

Artyom was born the eldest of three children, a five year gap between his younger brother, and a seven year gap to his youngest sister. His father was an accomplished blacksmith in Barkamsted, providing well enough for his family and allowing them to live contently during the harsh times that plagued the city. His mother was young and beautiful, the daughter of a tailor and a match for her husband in the social system. His parents taught him to have strong moral values and to have an understanding of one's self and actions, which led to him carrying himself as a gentleman, giving respect to his peers and superiours while being sure to uphold the typical mannerisms of such an individual. He spent most of his younger life working to help his father with his trade, typically whatever manual labor had to be done, often assisting in the smithing process as he was intended to serve as his father's apprentice as he was intended to serve as his father's apprentice. The relative stability of his early childhood sheltered him from the likes of harder labor, at least for a while.

As years went on, times became harder and business was growing progressively more rare, causing his family and many others to forsake many comforts they were previously allowed. Artyom was forced to find other work to help provide for his family in his later formative years, which built him physically as he endured harder labors aside from swinging a smith’s hammer. He had always been more fond of swinging a sword rather than forging one, often being the one to test his father’s craft when given the chance. That in mind, he found himself working in the career of a sellsword, being a line of work that took him far from home and thrust him into a life of turbulent violence. For the majority of his tenure, he was mostly unremarkable; His skills were trained though it became hard to find the time to learn technique.The life of a fighter can tend to be hard and short if one isn't careful, after all.

For many years, he fought and bled for various outfits as a soldier and hired sword in Saphriel, becoming accustomed to a more nomadic way of life and in some ways finding himself in a lower place than he had been during the hardships of his earlier life, living at a bare-minimum standard even. After some years of service, he departed and used every resource at his disposal to return to a quieter, more stable atmosphere found working within society; Artyom returned to the city streets in hopes of finding a better life. With the skills he learned during his upbringing, and the ability to adapt to circumstances, he hopes to carve out a living in the world and further his understanding, possibly to bring himself to greatness by gaining riches, or at best, finding a purpose and creating his own story and by extension a legacy he could be proud of.

--Scenarios—

"Good grief.." Artyom stared out at the growing crowd, the market goers caught up between those instigating; Both were coming to pushes and shoves, but all it took was one indivdual to snap and take it one step further. He looked beyond the gathering, to the familiar heraldry of blue and white adorning the shining chain and plate armor of the local guard, who were advancing towards the crowd and shouting, making their presence known, "Disperse! All of you!" With all the attention placed on the newcomers, nobody saw who threw the first punch or brandished the first weapon. The crowd descended into panic, as the men and the pact races began to wildly brawl, lashing out at the first person they saw. Artyom must have seemed to be either an easy target or a good fight, as he was charged by an orc. Artyom froze for a moment in shock, immediately being tackled and slammed into a nearby stall which snapped under the sudden force. He recovered as the wind returned to him, fending off the punches as he blocked with his arms. With a swift knee to the orc's stomach, he managed to crawl out and return to his feet. Grabbing a nearby board of wood from the broken stall, he brought it down onto the orc's back several times. Wounded, the Orc stumbled to its feet, and as it tried to advance to surely retaliate hard against Artyom, he was just as swiftly tackled by two Barkamsted guards. Seeing his opportunity to leave, he found his way back behind the advancing force of guards, and managed to slip out of the market.

Surely the sight would turn out to be nothing good, especially when it makes sounds so familiar to Artyom; You hear a lot of crude and unfortunate noises during war. He would immediately associate the sounds with the moans and cries of a dying man, on his last breath and clinging to life for... well, life. He'd find the nearest cover, hoping to obscure himself from the creature while he still could; Best observe it from afar first, perhaps even learn enough of its gait and condition to appropriately approach it. He peeked over to look, finally catching a better view of it; Some form of undead, seeming to go about what it did in its previous life; It died observing the various symbols and iconography that covered the tomb's walls. Artyom knew better than to underestimate it, and felt the only thing he could do was slay it and move on.

Waiting for it to have its back to him, he rushed out with his basic sword raised. Before, he had noticed that it seemed to have a bum leg, a light limp in its gait; A weakness. A swift kick to the back of the knee caused the creature to fall to its knees, letting out a harrowing moan, raspy and labored. It lashed out at Artyom with its arms, grabbing hold of his leg for a mere moment as he pulled away, the creatue clawing him lightly and tearing a rip in his trousers. In response, Artyom would slab his foot into the undead explorer's back several times, trying to further break its body and keep it prone. That seemed to work, the creatue forced to crawl across the chamber floor to reach him. Without another moment of hesitation, Artyom placed his sword above the back of its neck, and thrusted down to pierce its spine. The creature fell still, not in much of a condition to fight him in the beginning. Tilting his wrist to the side, Artyom pulled the sword out of the side of its neck, sheathing his sword and looking towards the continuing chamber; He'd only just begun.
08/26/2019 8:12 pm
Synder

Thank you for the edits and adjustments made! Everything now looks up to par in your character's backstory and the overall application. Welcome to Saphriel, and I hope you enjoy your stay!

We use a custom Conquest texture pack and item pack! We also recommend Forge, MPM, and Optifine. While not required it's heavily suggested to use the item pack if nothing else or face strange and missing textures. Instructions on set up can be found here.

08/24/2019 9:39 pmhistory
Synder
This application is Pending.

For the most part, a well-written application! However, I'll have to request a few edits for your character's backstory. The biggest flaw I see is an irregularity in the timeline when put next to your character's age, as the war would have ended when he was 14 or 15 at most, an age at which he would not be accepted as a soldier or even a sellsword by most employers. Furthermore, a life of plenty would not very viable in the city of Barkamsted during the later years of the war. By that time, many materials and supplies, from textiles to food, would be low due to an inability to provide for everyone. There was only so much land to farm as the Pact progressed further and further west, after all.

So long as the irregularities are edited out or adjusted however, the rest of your application seems fine and good to go! Please poke this thread again once edits have been made, and another review will shortly follow.
08/25/2019 1:39 am
UnlikelyDanger
Poke.
08/04/2019 4:12 pmhistory
whiisperer
Apologies for the wait on the applications, we've had a few staff members go on break for personal reasons, who normally work on whitelisting. They'll be back in a couple of weeks and we've moved some responsibilities around for the time being. The applications should be addressed today, if not then tomorrow by the latest.
07/28/2019 2:21 pm
CallMeKeemo
--OOC Information—
Minecraft IGN: CallMeKeemo
Prior Roleplay Experience: I am an admin on a Serious Fallout Server, which for advertisement purposes I won't name. I have played on another fantasy server that is very similar to this, so I am very experienced
Define Power-gaming in your own words: Power gaming is the action in which you force an action upon another player character that would otherwise be unrealistic. For example. If a child character was able to overpower an experienced fighter in an advanced position, that would be powergaming, as it is unrealistic.
Define Meta-gaming in your own words: Using knowledge that you gained Out of Character In Character for personal gain. An example of this is if you learned about a secret entrance to a stash of loot that a character hid away, and robbed it. That would be Metagaming because you used knowledge in character that your character had no way of knowing.
Define Role-Playing in your own words: Role-Playing is when a person puts reality aside and decides to act as another individual that is usually made up. However, you grow a bond and connection between yourself and the character you create. Your character grows over time, improving it's life and it's experience, and the experience of others. Each action you do moves along the story, and enriches your life as well as the character's.

--IC Information—
Character name: Ta'Kar
Race: Ca'Liar

Character Description:
Ta'Kar is a more muscular and brawny Ca'Liar child, standing near 1.5 meters in height and brandishing a standard Medium Build. His fur coat is well maintained for being an orphan, and resembles a Tiger from the real world, having some blackened stripes and an amber shaded base of hair. His eyes are a dull green, similar to the shade of a polished jade stone. His tail is of standard girth and length, with the stripes running along it similar to the rest of his body. His hair is not as thick as normal, except for some widened tufts of hair around the cheeks and runs up to the ears. His nose is of standard size and is of peach color. His claws are shaded grey-black and are of standard length as well. His clothes are patchwork and in a hodgepodge, it is very obvious that he is wearing whatever he can. He wears a green patchwork shirt and patched linen pants. He wears no shoes, and walks on his bare, padded feet.

Orphan / Mafia Leader

Ta'Kar is was given the Ta prefix by those who took care of him for a reason. He is a very inquisitive and a natural leader. He cares deeply for those he needs to provide for. However, he can be cruel and cunning in situations that benefit him and his ragtag group that he brings around with him to support his affairs. He is naturally a bully, and will take what he wants or needs to benefit himself and his group. He is not a discriminatory person, and will talk with anyone. He does not discriminate in childish crimes either; he has no preference when it comes to pick-pocketing people or stealing from merchants. He is a humorous person with a quick mouth and even quicker temper. He will often pick fights with others that are larger and more skilled than he. The best I can describe his social nature is that he has a Small Dog Attitude: being violent to compensate for his size.

Character Biography:
Ta'Kar was born in Falkvard to a peasant mother Daro'Sah and his equally poor father Ko'Lada. Life was hard for the family, and often, Ta'kar would go without breastfeeding due his mother not being nourished enough to produce it. His parents tried to raise him to a point where he could support the poor family, but to no avail. He was soon orphaned and abandoned, not because of the effort he required to raise, but because his family though he could have a better life than what they had to offer. His mother was not strong enough to work, and his father's wages could not support the family with Ta'Kar included. His mother and father prepared for him to be dropped off at an orphanage, and they did so one spring morning.

Ta'Kar grew up in the orphanage in Falkvard, using his cunning to gain notoriety among the children, quickly creating a sort of Mafia among the orphanage. He stole, picked pockets, beat up kids, and grew his Rat Crew for years, allowing many children to do his bidding and work for him. He provided for them, giving them food, water, shelter, and a family. While religion was common among the kids, and most of them worshiped Udero and the other common Gods, Ta'kar did not. He never saw a use in praying to Gods that did not care for his existence, which was a harsh reality for him. He didn't lose too much sleep over it. His exploits are numerous, including at one time, having nearly 32 members in his little gang. However, this would not last, as several times his goons would either get caught or die to the horrendous street conditions and bad sustenance options. The orphanage owner, prior to Scribe Ruolan's ownership, would often try to intervene with Ta'Kar's operations, but with multiple people around and his cunning, he was able to operate with little trouble, only having a few mishaps here and there. He set up a base of operations in a secluded alleyway, where he stored all of his goodies and loot and sold them to various shopkeepers for dirt cheap. Life was as good as it could be being a scoundrel.

Ta'Kar was only in serious trouble with the law once. He managed to find his way into a merchant stall and was about to steal some exotic jewelry, but the stall owner noticed and called the guards, and what ensued was arguably the most oddball case of Cat and Mouse that has ever happened in Falkvard's history. Ta'kar would run about the city for several hours, hiding in rivers, haystacks, barns, and alleyways. The guard force eventually gave up on the search. By this time, Ta'Kar has faded from the guard's memory, and is now more wary of his actions and his operations, and is more careful of the law. By the time he was 10 years of age, he was at the peak of his career. He had nearly 30 children in his faction of child thieves. However, a Ash-Elf child changed the course of the Rat Crew for the worse. His name was Trufal, and he was a tough kid to say the least. Trufal disliked Ta'kar's brutality and desire for efficiency, so he staged a coup to remove Ta'Kar from leader of the Rat Crew. Over the course of a year, Ta'Kar went from having 30 kids on his side, and had nearly whittled down to 3. Most children left the group, scattering their separate ways. He is now 11, and he is ready to step back into action. The Rat King shall assemble his Crew.

[img][img]i.imgur.com/lBFJUCn.png[/img][/img]

--Scenarios—

Ta'Kar's smile would grow wide. The time for a major payday had come. In the brawl that was sure to ensue, people would not notice if something miraculously....disappeared. Among the brawling and combat, Ta'Kar would move about and start to sneakily take coins and various items from pockets, purses, and other open containers. He purloined around people's pockets, taking what he could and when he could. In around 5 minutes, he had taken a large sum of items.

"Too easy. Them adults are dummies."

People were starting to calm down at this point. Some were being escorted to the hospital. As he made his way out of the shipyard, some people notice that some items are missing. Ta'Kar would pick up the pace, and make a steady pace to his concealed hideaway, ready to boast about his wonderful opportunity that was handed to him on a silver platter.

Ta'Kar would crouch down behind some rubble and observe from afar. This place was strange, but if the report from one of the explorers was correct, this was the spot to find something really valuable. However, he did not expect to find someone else within the tomb. He shambles forward slowly, walking heel first to avoid much noise. As he crept upon the moving mystery mound, his claws ready to strike at anything that was to be proven foul in intent. As he slowly approaches, he finds a wounded explorer. Ta'Kar would advance towards the explorer cautiously and call out to him.

"Hello? Are you okay mister?"

The queer looking man would recoil and huff at the words, being startled by Ta'Kar's rough voice. As he looks at the child, he is relieved that 'help' has come. His outfit, while fitting, was far to small for him.A large gash made it's mark across the was in the stomach. He fell down from above, a hole in the ceiling, and had done some serious damage. Ta'Kar would help him up, but while he did so, he decides to give himself a forward payment, simply by stealing the guys purse. Ta'kar would help him out of the tomb the best he could, being a short child helping a large man would not be that easy; and deciding that robbing the poor man was enough of a paycheck, departed for home.

08/05/2019 5:25 pm
MetalMediator
Hello and thank you for applying to the Realm of Saphriel! I just wanted to extend an apology about the wait, it's been quite the busy week. However, I'm here to read through your application! The general base is well written and thought out, however there are some things that need to be corrected before we can get you on your way.

For now, your application is PENDING.

Please keep in mind that characters can't start in any sort of high ranking position or otherwise! If your character would like to try to start a group however, you are more than welcome to try. Next, the 'Ta' prefix is usually reserved for nobles and generals, so another prefix needs to be chosen! Unless it is self-appointed and not his actual given name, which would be acceptable.

I'd like to address also the character's origins and background. The Ca'liar come from a distant land far to the West from Saphriel, called Einar (Please refer to the Ca'liar lore page here ). Generally, the population of Ca'liar in Saphriel is very small, and almost all have come to these lands as refugees or stowaways. They most regularly arrive upon the few shady 'trade' ships that occasionally find their way to the shores of Saphriel.

I'd also request that the character is made a couple years older for the sake of realism in this case, at least four to five years older. This will, however, allow you to fit in more easily tales from both Einar and the orphanage in Falkvard!

Just bump the thread when the changes are made, and I'll review the application again as quickly as I can! Thank you again!
07/07/2019 6:13 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Explorer
Zarexan
--OOC Information—
Minecraft IGN: ForgottenTomes
Prior Roleplay Experience: Five years across multiple games & other minecraft servers.
Define Power-gaming in your own words: Power-gaming is when you give your character an unfair advantage in primarily combat, but can be applied just about anywhere. An example would be if you walk up to an individual, initiate combat, and then "Bob swings his blade and instantaneously beheads Ronda, cleaving it off and sending it flying down the road. A true warrior!" whereas the appropriate emote would be: "Bob swings his blade in an arch towards the bottom of Ronda's neck, with his strength and speed he hoped to cleave into her neck, to deliver a killing blow, or potentially completely behead if able." which is a bit better.
Define Meta-gaming in your own words: Meta-gaming is taking out-of-character(OOC) information and applying it to your character to give yourself an unfair advantage, such as a location, a name, or other aspects of another player's character, and applying them to your character in RP. An example would be: Bob walks up to the stranger named Ronda, who was born in Valor, and says; "Good evening Ronda from Valor!"
Define Role-Playing in your own words: Role-playing is creating a character separate from yourself in a fictional world and growing them as a normal everyday person, you give them a personality, a race, everything that defines them is written by you, and they grow over time through interaction & even conflict with other player characters, hopefully to create an immersive, long-lasting story that can be enjoyed by all parties involved.

--IC Information—
Character Name: Nimae Varelli
Race: Dwelf

Character Description:
A short, 4ft woman of a weak build, she appeared more elven than dwarven, her height being the only real tell-tale sign of being a dwelf beyond face-shape, with a rounded jawline, a dimpled chin, and thin lips, with a small button-nose and green eyes. Her skin was quite pale, with minimal imperfections. Her hair reached her lower-back, and was of red hue.

Nimae is an avid bookbinder & cartographer, though her short stature makes traveling a bit more difficult! She still tries to make maps.

Nimae was a quiet, reclusive woman that suffered many years of various kinds of abuse, preferring animals and books over the company of people, as most people treated her like an abomination. She often disregards racial comments and keeps to herself, working on maps and books in her freetime, though a much darker side of her lies beneath the empty shell of a dwelf.

She has a softspot for the abused, the abandoned, the homeless.
She despises elves.
She despises most cities.

Character Biography:
Nimae Varelli was a dwelf, born of a dwarven father named Huldif, and an elven mother named Valeri, she was born inside an elven city and banished at a very young age, being taken by Huldif, whom had become a wandering mercenary, and raised by him to the best of his abilities till she was old enough to fend for herself, Huldif fell in battle against a group of thieves, and Nimae was attacked and left for dead, though after managing to survive she set off with her father's blade and started looking for work, she was all but welcome in the Elven settlements, seen as an abomination from society, so she eventually settled down in a little village of humans that welcomed her as best they could, where she lived peacefully for a few years, working as a bookbinder, the only conflict she ever saw was the occasional drunk that insulted her, or the occasional brawl in the street, though life was relatively mundane and peaceful, till a new 'mayor' of sorts was elected, this man saw her for what thought of her as, an abomination, and immediately outcasted her as soon as he had the ability, with nothing but basic supplies, she set out for Barkamsted.

--Scenarios—

Nimae, being a typically peaceful woman, immediately sought a way out of the situation, though she was swept up in the ground and trampled on, essentially being lost in the group as she eventually found her way out, only to be face-to-face with a guard, to whom she gave a small awkward grim and got up on her feet, the guard clearly figured she was guilty of something. Nimae simply bowed her head. "I got swept up, was trying to get out before it got worse.." She said quietly and humbly, after a moment the guard nodded and let her pass.

Nimae was an explorer, a cartographer especially, so she simply found herself in ruins by pure coincidence while attempting to map out an unscathed section of Saphriel, though upon seeing the creature, at least it seemed like a greater, she simply used her speed and size to dash out of sight and hide against a nearby wall, the rope that she had used to get down here in the first place was closeby, though she could hear them stomping closer as time passed, quickly bolting for the rope and climbing up as quick as she could, barely making it away!

--Magic Application--

Magic Biography:
Nimae was an intelligent, book-smart child for her age, taking to reading tomes than actually speaking to living beings, finding more peace in pages than in people. She was always extremely interested by magic, its fundamentals, how it shapes the very world around her, everything and anything about the fields of Magic seemed to pull her interest, half her book collection quickly becoming notes on such a topic.

She never quite understood it, her father didn't either, and despite his attempts to deter her from looking into such, she never listened, and Heldif found himself unable to convince her otherwise, leaving her and even buying her the odd tome here and there to study, her knowledge quickly growing to the burrows of magic, the vast raw power idly waiting inside her.

She was simply..drawn to it, for some mysterious reason, feeling as though she had at least some aptitude for the arts, though she never gotten a trinket to truly test her capabilities with Magic, simply stuck to looking in dusty old tomes and exploring old ruins in hopes to find an untouched trinket, though she had never found or even sensed one, though this did not deter her from trying her hardest to find such.

The magic system is extremely unique compared to other servers or fictional worlds, rather than creating something from another realm, or even something nearby, the caster is creating something from within themselves, powering it with their very being through the use of a trinket, Trinkets take the form of various objects, and draw the Novice Mage to collect said trinket, only then can the Novice truly begin to wield their power.

The limitations are rather simple, the most magically adept race of High Elves are able to have Four aspects, whereas the other races range from 0-3 aspects, the 0 of course meaning that these races are completely inept with Magic, such as Dark Elves or Ash Elves. The effects of overuse are about what you'd expect, overcasting is extremely dangerous as you'd expect it to be, it can even be fatal unfortunately, being the downfall of many-a zealous mages thinking themselves immortal.

Nimae would focus on the amulet trinket around her neck, causing it to glow ever so slightly, an opaque red as she began to focus and channel her weak power through it, after a few moments she would extend her hands and attempt to draw forth a spell, barely creating a fireball the size of a golfball, before sending it flying towards her target, immediately feeling tired from it's effects.
07/08/2019 4:11 pm
Ambillis
Hi there! I'll be reviewing your app this lovely evening! Firstly, I'd like to say the character concept is cute - however there are issues that I would like to discuss.

For now, this application is Denied.

I would like to point out the character's age and especially her backstory! It's incredibly sparse and does not meet the standard, nor does it particularly follow the lore set in place. I suggest you take a look at Saphriel Lore! Silverinmir is the Elven city, it fell far before the birth of your character, thus making it impossible for her to be born there at all. Elven settlements did not exist, rather Silverinmir was the major city where all elves lived! That being said, there is no mention of how the parents met considering the father is a dwarf, thus making it impossible for him to have met his elven partner in Silverinmir. Please reread the lore and extend your backstory more, the timeline located in the Discord Inquiries will help you out very much.

As for the magic application. You do not explain how magic casting works, particularly how one levels with it to grow in skill. The backstory, particularly her discovery is kept very vague! A person does not know they are capable of casting magic until they have their hands on a trinket - therefore, I would not say that she is drawn to such a thing for no reason. Regardless, she can still have her curiosity on it!

Please make these large edits to the application and do not hesitate to poke me when you are done! I am free to answer any questions you may have.
06/28/2019 1:11 amhistory
LillyTheSeal
--OOC Information—
Minecraft IGN: LillyTheSeal
Prior Roleplay Experience: I've played on multiple roleplay servers in the past. A couple of years ago, I was actually accepted onto Saphriel but I figured I would reapply with a new character and re-read the lore for fairness because it's been such a long time. The most recent server I've played on is probably ThroneCraft, which is a server with a similar setting in which people are living in an older world without the impressive technology of the modern world. I've also created a roleplay server with my friend which we ran for a couple of months before shutting it down due to time constraints for him, and done multiple rpgs in real life.
Define Power-gaming in your own words: Power gaming is basically being over-powered and doing things that your character couldn't realistically do. An example of this is being able to harness all of your magical ability to shoot a giant fireball that can burn down an entire forest and then being absolutely fine afterwards, or not giving another player or npc a chance to roleplay. An example of this could be saying something like, *Stabs in the neck*, which would not give the character time to react and likely wouldn't happen in a normal setting.
Define Meta-gaming in your own words: Meta-gaming is using information that your character normally wouldn't know to your own advantage. Information is often gained OOCly and it can be something seemingly minor, such as walking somewhere where you know where a character will be, or it can be something much more major such as knowing a character's motives or next move before you've even met them or heard of them.
Define Role-Playing in your own words: Role-playing is assuming a role of a character in a different world or society and is a way of embracing a world or experience that you wouldn't be able to plausibly have in the real world. It's often a fantastic mode of escape from the real world and allows you to immerse yourself in unique settings while being able to change and affect your situation.

--IC Information—
Character name: Kaya Kir

Character Description:
  As is common for High Elves, Kaya has a rather pale complexion with a slight rosy undertone. Her eyes match her hair, which is a chestnut brown and which is more often than not stuffed into a ponytail or braid. She stands rather short for an elf, at about 6'10. She has one scar that very few know about, a long gash down her back, knotted skin trailing from her right shoulder to her waist. As for her clothing, her normal outfit consists of dark trousers and tall boots that are well-scuffed from constant use. She constantly switches between two outfits, one being a short-sleeved grey tunic, along with a leather vest and satchel. You may also find her in a brown dress and cape with the same accessories. She also wears fingerless leather gloves, mostly for protecting her hands. On her back she carries a quiver and bow, which are both very obviously well taken care of and good quality. If she is about to go into a battle or get into a fight, she prefers a light chainmail armor for mobility and to use daggers in order to supplement her more mobile fighting style. She also knows limited medical care, so she carries a few bandages and a needle in her satchel, along with food and water if she is travelling.
Character Occupation: Mercenary, Messenger

The most prominent thing that people notice about Kaya when they first meet her is the lithe way of moving she has, and how in many ways, she acts like a cat in the way she carries herself and moves. She's fairly hard to read, but as you get to know her she will tell you more about herself. Many people will question the way she acts, because although she seems laid back and calm most of the time, it's obvious that she's always ready to spring into a fight and defend herself. Despite her defensive air, she's surprisingly compliant about many things, and she rarely will turn down a quest to find someone or something for the right price.

Character Biography:
Kaya had a peaceful childhood, filled with happy moments and learning. Born in Barkamsted to an high elven couple who met before the collapse of Silverinmir and departed together to go live in the outskirts of the newly built city, attempting to keep a low profile especially during the time when tensions were still being settled between pact races and the citizens of the city. She spent the first years of her life in peace, learning things such as how to read and write well, how to ride a horse, and (as per her request) how to fight. By the age of 17, she spent her time training in the art of self defense and combat, magic, and read in her free time. She also learned to ride on horseback, as her father started to make money working as a mercenary and would sometimes take her on the safer excursions so that she could experience what he did and learn a little bit more about it.
  Unfortunately, at about that time, Kaya lost her parents to an Ash-Elf who was angry at the discrimination that he had experienced throughout his life. Although her parents tried to be kind to the different races and swallow some of their pride, knowing of the recent war and how the races had to join forces, the elf was quite out of control and was attempting to do as much damage as possible to the high elves. Having heard of the high-elven family on the outskirts of the city, the elf tracked them down considering their easy location and was able to stab her parents as they were wishing her good night. Understandably afraid, Kaya tried to run from her assailant but he managed to slash her across her back, causing her to fall down. He left her for dead because of the severity of the gash, and proceeded to loot the house. However, a servant who was loyal to the Kir family due to their fair treatment of him, saw Kaya bleeding out on the floor and picked up the unconscious girl and rushed her to a doctor. Through some miracle and a fair amount of magic, her life was saved, despite her being stuck in a coma for several months, likely due to shock and blood loss.
  Once Kaya recovered, she stayed in an orphanage until she was 30 and then decided to start to take work as a mercenary as her father once had. Since she started to do that work, she has continued to train in her combat skills and develop her magic as much as she can. Despite being in a rather violent business, she's much calmer and more kind than one would expect from the way she acts on the surface, thanks to her upbringing.

Kaya Face+Body
--Scenarios—

  Kaya glances around, noticing where each guard is positioned and which ones are starting to notice the situation. She's currently being swept along by the crowd, jostled this way and that by the excited people around her. Although she tries to push through the thicket of people, she finds it difficult due to the constant moving and density of the crowd. She stumbles due to being pushed from an unexpected angle, and then comes up with an idea. She starts to scream and jump around, looking at her feet. "SNAKE!!!" The force of her jumps jostle the people around her and many people become aware of the chaos that she is creating. As the people around her look around bewildered for the snake, beginning to stumble around, their fear increases. Did that dust just move? Did I just feel something on my leg? They don't seem to notice Kaya pushing through, impressing slight hallucinations into people's minds as she touches bare skin. As she gets out of the crowd, she slips away into the streets, making sure to avoid the attention of the guards as she checks for her belongings.

  Kaya quickly crouches behind a pillar, peeking out to watch the strange mound. She draws one of her daggers which is in her belt, and stealthily advances so that she can get a better view. Ensuring that she isn't seen is fairly easy for her because of the way that she can move quietly and nimbly on her feet, and so the creature doesn't notice her. As she peers around the foliage that she has ducked behind, she notices a pool of blood accumulating around the creature as it tries to drag itself in the direction that it was going. She quickly scans the area for any sign of activity, and after making sure that there was no immediate danger to her, she moves up to the creature. By the time it notices her, she's already beside it. If it were to snap at her, she would've been able to dance out of the way due to her current pose. However, it doesn't seem to be agressive, and it lets it's head rest on the ground in resignation, an obvious sign of it's dwindling strength. Kaya sheaths her knife and takes her bow off her back, and then kneels to wash the wound. The creature lets out a roar due to the stinging pain and bites at Kaya, but is met with a firm hit on the snout from the already expecting Kaya. She rests her hand on the heaving side of the animal which is sticky with blood, and casts a spell in order to relieve the pain briefly. She quickly stitches up the wound and cuts the thread, and releases the spell, now more fatigued than before due to needing to hold the spell. She binds the wound with a long strip of cloth to keep the stitching clean, then backs off, tossing a strip of dried meat to it which it snaps up out of the air. While the mound is distracted with the piece of meat, she vanishes as quickly as she had appeared to continue her exploration.

--Magic Application--

Magic Biography:
  During her childhood, Kaya occasionally saw people with trinkets and were fairly used to her parents using magic from time to time. She never thought much of it and figured that she'd learn about them eventually, when the time came. She always enjoyed watching the effects of magic however, and frequently wondered where it came from, how it worked, and if she could somehow do it.
  One particular day, she saw a very tall looking man with a shimmering amulet hanging from his waist, and couldn't stop herself from asking about it. She ran up to him and he stared down his nose at her as she excitedly asked about them. He crouched down so that he was eye to eye with her and in a rather scary voice, told her "It helps me do... special things." As he said this, the world seemed to morph around her and she was suddenly in a room, talking to a snake that was coiled around her. She screamed and tried to stumble backwards, and was caught by the man who seemed to appear out of thin air. The world seemed to spin, and before she knew it she found herself back where she first saw the man, dazed. The man seemed to have completely vanished, and she started sprinting towards her dad, who was standing a couple of feet away. When she told him about the encounter, he explained to her about the specifics of magic, and when they returned home he gifted her with a low level illusion trinket.
  The following years, Kaya has worked to perfect her magic skills and is always looking for new trinkets to learn more about her attributes. Although she has a general idea of her attributes because she has a strange attraction towards certain trinkets, she's still always happy to aquire a new trinket. So far she's discovered that she has Holy and Illusion attributes, but she can't help but feel a strange connection and amazement when people use other attributes. She has also worked hard to hone her abilities so that she can start to use some of her abilities without trinkets, but they are extremely weak.
  Because of the diluted nature of magic in this world, it can only be cast using special trinkets which are fine tuned to target certain aspects of magic. There are multiple different aspects, which can be used to control different things in the world. A person who is gifted by the god Bothimir at conception with magic is able to use magic by having a trinket that matches one of their aspects and channeling arcane energy through it in order to affect something that a person is touching or has a direct line of sight with. However, if someone channels too much energy through a low power trinket, then the trinket may break or even explode. Some people are also able to use magic without trinkets, however it takes a lot of practice similar to any skill, and people will not be able to cast high level spells without trinkets.
   A person can have 1-4 magical aspects that they are able to learn to control well based on their race. However, they can control all other aspects to a medium level. While people may be born with magic, they need to practice their magic skills and train in order to become more powerful. Few people can cast without trinkets, and those people are normally very adept in magic and can only cast fairly weak spells with the absence of a trinket.
  As she walks along the trail, Kaya hears a slight snapping of a twig in the woods. It's obviously something heavy because of how loud the snap was, so she slides behind a tree to listen and watch the path. Eventually she sees a thin man come out of the forest, looking around slightly bewildered. It's obvious that he hasn't eaten in a couple of days and he has been robbing people for food or money, due to how dirty and thin his figure is as well as the large dagger that hangs from his hand. Reaching down to touch her trinket, Kaya focuses on channeling magic through it and beams as a loud crash sounds in the woods behind her. She stifles a giggle as he looks around, alarmed, and bolts in the opposite direction when he hears a few more (Much quieter) sounds in the woods. With the man gone, Kaya continues to travel down the road, having avoided a fight.
07/15/2019 3:21 pm
Synder

Thank you for your edits and adjustments! Things look like they work out much better in your application with the character's progression through the history of the world they're being brought into. However, for your second RP scenario, note that blessings do not need to be held as spells. Once they're cast to relieve pain and provide quicker healing, they remain until fading away after a while on their own. Also, while the first one's snake concept may work, know that illusion magic is incapable of tactile illusions. Illusion cannot make anyone feeling something on their skin, nor force anyone to think in any specific way.

Furthermore, in your magic system, it is incorrect that people can cast any spells at all without a trinket. No matter how adept a mage is, they absolutely require a trinket to cast, there's no getting around that. The only exceptions are beast races and half-demons who have natural casting, and even then they may only learn how to cast naturally up to a medium level of their magic.

So long as all of that is understood and accepted, welcome to Saphriel!

We use a custom Conquest texture pack and item pack!We also recommend Forge, MPM, and Optifine. While not required it's heavily suggested to use the item pack if nothing else or face strange and missing textures.Instructions on set up can be found here.We currently use 1.12.1 Forge.
07/07/2019 6:59 pm
Synder

Thank you for your patience! Unfortunately, I'll have to deny this application due to the character's backstory details. To start, Silverinmir, the home of the High-Elves, would have fallen alongside the rest of Manadh Calad far before Kaya's birth, 46 years ago ICly. Furthermore, the character is extremely young for a High-Elf to be learning and acting in careers such as the mercenary profession. It'd be more likely in all cases that she would end up in an orphanage, being tended to by the matrons until old enough to leave. And on a final note on the backstory itself, the character may not be the direct heir of a noble line, regardless of the power of their family.

The magic application also requires a bit of work! First off, the magic limitations section is lacking in details such as the requirement of line of sight to cast, the need for Bothimir's gift and potential to cast, and further explanation as to how or who can cast without a trinket. On the topic of the 'mana pool,' the amount of total highest-level spells does not increase the more someone trains with their magic. If a powerful mage trains for years with their powerful trinket, they will always only have five spells available for their use.

Please edit and adjust for these issue in the application as is necessary and poke me once ready for another edit! Should you have any questions, please direct them my way and I'll be sure to answer them at the earliest expense.
06/14/2019 2:47 amhistory
Level 16 : Journeyman Skinner
Time_Gears
-Minecraft IGN: Syaotsu

-Do you have any prior roleplay-related experience, if so could you give an example?: I’ve been on quite a few servers over the years, from places like Alaurin to lesser known servers such as Lucridem. Aethier was also a place I have spent time on, but the inflation of their money system got too much for me to try and earn anything.

-Define Power-gaming in your own words: Powergaming is when someone forces actions upon other things, without any chance for that thing to resist. It also includes making a character act at their best in a situation that they should otherwise be failing in. A good example would be someone in a fight saying a weapon hits the other participant, without giving leeway for them to counter or even react at all.

-Define Meta-gaming in your own words: Metagaming is when a character acts upon information they otherwise would have no access to in any way. Knowing something is happening down the street in the sewers because people were talking about it in OOC does not allow that character to investigate such things, without noise or other indications ICly that it is happening.

-Define Role-Playing in your own words: Roleplaying is a way to become someone you won’t ever have the chance to be in your own life. It is a way to explore stories and personalities of characters that you have direct participation in. Unlike reading a book or watching a movie, roleplaying allows someone to effect a story in a fluid manner having their own actions change the outcome of something. Which with other kinds of entertainment, you just normally can’t do.

----IC Info----

-Character name: Cessair

-Character race: Ash-Elf

-Character gender: Male

-Character age: 73

-Character Occupation: Berzerker, Woodworker, Stoneworker.

-Character description:

Cessair stands at a height of 6’4 not being the shortest of Ash-Elves but not quite among the tallest. His skin appears to be slightly darker than the standard of his race crisscrossed with different scars, one of which was very prominently on the right side of his face. This scar spread from the bottom of his right jaw up to his ear, looking to be comprised of many smaller burns from what looked to be a branding marks stacked upon one another. On the opposite side of his face looked to be scars made by fingers digging into his flesh, caused by someone repeatedly holding the side of his head down. Both of these scars rested on either side of his dull purple hued eyes, unfocused most of the time unless something has caught his attention. His hands also bore deeper scars as well, carved into his flesh by rough cuts. Cessair has stark white hair, long with many braids tied down every part of his head. Under these braids laid a thick black and gold stitched bandanna which was always pulled tight against his head. He is usually adorned with a simple layered grey linen long coat that reaches down right above his ankles, with a belt that holds up two storage bags on either hip that wrap around behind his legs slightly.

-Character personality and traits:

Cessair holds a stale air about him, cold and restrained as much as he can be in his day to day life. Behind his eyes though people can tell he is holding back outbursts of anger, or other emotions barely kept at bay. If something is intense enough to break through his restraint, he is explosively emotional and violent. Reverting to a close to feral state of being, lashing out at the source of his pain or discomfort. He also has a hard time denying orders from other people, this being caused by years of pain coming from disobeying what he has been told to do. He even does his best to avoid getting others angry, for fear that they may punish him in a violent way as he has experienced before.

-Character biography:
The day Cessair was born his parents had already decided his fate in the world, one of silence and seclusion to avoid shame on their own families. This was due to his birth being the cause of two drunk elves, driven by stress of the Pact spreading across the free lands or other factors lost to time. Even though the war had not reached Silivrenmîr the information coming in about the numbers they possessed already trickled into the ears of each and every elf. Even Cessairs birth was overlooked by many as a spell was placed upon his mind, by his Mother. One that bound his mind to obey and if he did not he would be subject to intense pain until he complied.

But while he was bound to obey, and could only respond to the basic situations presented to him Cessair could see everything. He grew up behind a veil of pain, locked away by spellcraft so that he would not be able to sully his parents names. Given the basics of life, his parents wished only to provide the bare minimum to keep him alive until they could toss him out on the street without getting themselves in trouble. In this regard he was let ‘free’ when he turned twenty being turned out onto the streets of Silivrenmîr without much as a few coins to let him by. He was alone and completely devoid of any speaking skills neglected in his social education he was quickly pushed out of the city for stealing, left upon the forest floor to fend for himself.

Through blind luck, or lack of fear he survived out in the wilderness of Silivrenmîr. But even with his limited ability to communicate he knew what a crowd of refugees meant. Injuries spread across Elven bodies as more people poured into the capital to find shelter from the oncoming storm of the Pact War. Silivrenmîr was allowing those outside to take shelter within the city before the onslaught began, Cessair returning to the capital after five years in the wilderness. He was bandaged, clothed and cared for by the followers of Aderoth that stationed the retrieval of refugees into the city. But it wasn’t long before the drafts began, and the priests could not give Cessair the time needed for them to find he had been cursed.

Cessair was recruited, like many of the young men that inhabited the city. The pact were on the march and they wouldn’t stop when they reached the capital city. Being unable to speak or even deny orders of himself, his inclusion in the fighting forces was swift. The elf overseeing his platoons training was harsh to everyone, but Cessair became the perfect scapegoat a ‘Symbol of loyalty to the cause’ as it was said by that training instructor. This was because of his below average performance, being met with punishments he would accept without question no matter the pain. Be that a branding mark to the side of his face, or being held down while he was whipped repeatedly. Cessair always stood back up, and continued to do as he was told else he would feel the curse bring its wrath upon him.

Two years of this took place, each day he was awoken to perform tasks he wasn’t capable of fully completing and each day he was punished for it. He was used as a way for those in the platoon to take their aggression out upon something, his ashen skin giving them all ample reason to see him as lesser. That is until the Pact was on the horizon and all the soldiers were moved out into the field, Elves with terrified eyes looking out upon the horde that prepared to kill them all. But Cessair stood, without fear within him as he had gone through the pain of a thousand wounds, heeding the orders he had been given with two axes in hand. His fellow soldiers wouldn’t allow an ashen elf to stand taller than them, their pride saving them that day as they threw aside their fear out of spite for him.

It was a grueling fight in the end his platoon made it out with only the occasional injury, not having broken their formation through the fight before. But something stopped Cessair on the street as people evacuated around him, someone was stuck under rubble within one of the alleyways of the city hidden from sight as the noise drowned out their cries. Approaching his glazed eyes fell upon his father broken and bleeding under a stone pillar. He cried for his help but he didn’t even look at him like he knew who Cessair was, no sound of his name in recognition. With a tight grip he brought the axe down, landing a blow that silenced his cries as he walked away repayment for the torture he endured throughout his life..

Wiping the blood from his axe his hand pulled him up onto the carriage that was taking his platoon away, the ride ahead of them long and winding. They spent weeks upon that road, with no efficient forms of travel they often barely outran the horde behind them. Days spent on watch or fighting scouting parties that had located where they set down camp. Repairs had to be done by the soldiers themselves on their equipment, firewood and new handles for weapons to be made or collected. Cessair had an aptitude for it, repetitive simple work done through long periods of time and for once he wasn’t punished for doing it. Which is how he formed a deep connection with the work itself, a hidden joy that he couldn’t express lest it be taken from him.

Arriving at the gates of Barkamsted the war was right behind them, being ushered through the gates his platoon soon split ways Cessair being left on the streets alone once more. He found work quickly enough though, since he couldn’t deny the requests of other people, by chance he was offered a job at a mine within the city walls. Dangerous work, but needed to supply the city with a steady stream of materials for the war coming. Day in and day out he swung a pickaxe striving only to receive his next meal by the overseer, although this work was less torture than he had endured before among the elves. Through time his hands grew scarred from the work, being brought in alongside other miners to help repair damages to the walls of Barkamsted.

He remained in those mines for two years until his pickaxe hit the stone wall for the last time in a long time, he was blinded by pain within his mind as the curse that was placed upon him burned away from it. Cessair was overwhelmed by the chaos of everything he had experienced, all the fear and pain that he had endured crashing upon him like a wave. At the end of it all he was laid upon the floor of the mine, staring up at the ceiling. He was free from it all, but his past remained within his head crystal clear as he had aged all those years. Everything he had seen, that he had done or experienced all sat jumbled in his mind in an overshadowing gloom.

His life after his awakening from his mother's curse was spent making up for the time he had been trapped within his own mind. He dedicated himself to learning, first how to talk and how to read. Slaving over any books he could get his hands on as he used his mixed bag of skills to earn him enough money to educate himself throughout the years. Helping anyone he could as he attempted to make distance of the inner beast that he had been freed from, afraid that if he didn’t push himself to be different that he would go back to the way it was. So he worked as he always did, to fill the void that he didn’t know was there from his years being cursed. Moving from place to place doing odd jobs throughout the turmoil that the realm faced for years.

But in the end it wasn’t enough for him, he had to learn more as every night he woke in his sleep from the nightmarish life he had lived. He had to fill his mind with things so those memories would be buried under a sea of new experiences. Cessair searched for a place where people were gathering after all of this conflict, and he found it in stories of Falkvard. A bustling city that had been reclaimed to be used by any freefolk that could find their way there. Taking what meager possessions he had left, and his worn axes from Silivrenmîr, Cessair left for Falkvard.

-You’re walking around the markets at around noon. There’s a lot of people around you, still gathering their items as they prepare to shut down their many stands. Suddenly you feel a gentle lifting of your coin purse as a child graces you and soon after they take off sprinting. You have been robbed.

Cessair freezes in place for only a moment, his mind fighting with itself to keep him calm and collected as he begins a brisk pace after the child. He didn’t exhaust himself going after the child just going fast enough to keep them within sight as they tried to lose him. By the end of it all they had found their way into an alley, the child panting heavily bending over at the waist. But Cessair jogged up to the opening between buildings, a seething anger just under the surface as he spoke up.

“Give it back.”

The child moved away clinging to the coin purse as they pressed their back to the wall. Cessair approached each step strained as he held himself back from an outburst, to just snatch the bag away from the kid. As he turned though, his hand reached into the bag taking a decent few coins from within it tossing them on the ground before him. Because he understood what living like this child was like, but he couldn’t live without his money either sparing only what he could.

-You’re heading back to the city through the woods when you hear a whining coming from nearby. Upon further investigation you come across a grey-coloured wolf that appears to have its leg caught in a bear trap. Around it is three smaller lumps of fur, obviously puppies belonging to the trapped mother. Without help, they’ll all die, but wolf skins are quite valuable too, not to mention that the nearby farms suffer quite a bit from the wolf population.

Pushing aside the branches of the bush that blocked his vision, Cessairs gaze fell upon the scene before him. The sight of blood upon the ground shooting an instinctive rush of adrenaline through his body, his hands gripping tightly at his sides. Stepping out from his bush he approached the mother wolf, and before it could attempt to bite back at him he brought the back end of his axe down upon its head knocking it clean out. He wouldn’t take this hunters kill, as someone had to set this trap, but he did lift the three small pups up setting them in his side bags. As later that day he would bring them, for far more profit than a few pelts, to a breeder and trainer within the city as he couldn’t care for them himself.

-Magic Biography; Explain your character's magic through backstory application:
The sound of tearing flesh filled his ears, as he pulled the axe from the spine of the undead thrall before him pushing it down with his foot. Wild eyes scanned over the battlefield around him as the night blazed with trees set on fire from the chaos. An arrow found its place in his arm as he howled in pain, the bodkin arrow not meant for flesh but still filling his mind with a blaze like the fire around him. Then he saw something glowing in his vision, pulling his primal attention away from the arrow as he snapped the shaft so it would not get in his way. Another flash of that otherworldly glow made him sprint towards it, as he hopped over a fallen cart from the caravan.

Before him was an Orc, any importance of what it wore lost on the crazed warrior. But in its hands was something he couldn’t take his eyes off of, shrouded in a glowing light that he didn’t understand. Until a bolt of fire was aimed at him arcing through the air, but for some reason he moved earlier than he should. Instincts mingling with his gift for seeing magic, having told him he was in danger before he understood why. Rolling across the forest floor he pushed himself up and with a motion of his arm he wildly flung his second axe towards the Orc. As it moved out of the way it would be toppled down into the ground, Cessairs shoulder catching its attempt to escape as it tried to dodge.

Upon the ground there was a wild shuffle, for which his intensity and lack of fear won over with an enraged yank of his hands upon the stave. As he freed the weapon from the Orcs grip he would be kicked back, the glowing object held tightly as he tumbled through the dirt. The Orc picked up the axe he had thrown, charging him but with the stave he brought the end of the weapon up not even knowing why himself as a bolt of fire blazed from the end of the enchanted rod as a little voice in his head told him he could only do that one more time. The bolt of fire slammed into the Orcs leg sending it into the dirt before the ash elf, with a savage thrust he buried the tapered end of the magic staff in the fallen enemy as he used the staves last charge.

As the body of the Orc burned in front of him, he retrieved both of his axes from the ground he turned and ran towards more threats in the woods. His heritage had protected him, such vision warned him that something was dangerous to keep him safe. But he did not know how to control it as with no teaching and no way to explain what he saw, he just assumed that it was normal for everyone since there was no information to tell him otherwise. So his fighting continued until the trees in the forest stopped burning, and the caravan had been set upon the road to Falkvard once again.

-(1 paragraph)Please explain, in your own words, the limits Ash Elves have placed on them:
Ash Elves have the unique ability to connect with magical artifacts in a way that empowers their properties, causing them to either increase in efficiency or many other side effects. They can also detect the magical properties of trinkets and more easily identify the effects of magical artifacts. But in trade for this they have no access to any conventional means of spellcasting, only that which is provided to them in enchantments.

-Please give a description of the magic system in your own words:

The magic in this world is only accessible by artifacts known as trinkets, and how powerful of a spell a caster can use is determined by their trinket. Higher quality trinkets yield access to more powerful spells. While this is the primary factor for how strong a spell can be, if the mage doesn’t have the skill to cast a spell they won’t be able to perform it. Each rank of magic grants access to more spells and spell slots that the mage has access to, causing spells below their highest tier to become easier to cast while they gain spells of an improved strength. Gaining these new ranks and spells requires work often a few weeks to a month, but in total time about half a year is required to reach divine rank. Some races have access to magic innately without the use of trinkets, and while this gives them more freedom in their spellcasting they are limited to only casting at a medium level of power. All of these spells require a direct line of sight to their target, or in the uncommon case they may be done through touch if someone is close enough.
06/22/2019 9:04 am
Purgatoris
This application is...

Accepted!

Congratulations and welcome to Saphriel! Thank you for the edits, I'll add you to the whitelist asap.

We use a
custom Conquest texture pack
and
item pack!
We also recommend Forge, MPM, and Optifine. While not required it's heavily suggested to use the item pack if nothing else or face strange and missing textures.

Instructions on set up can be found
‘here’

06/15/2019 4:03 amhistory
Purgatoris
This application is...

Pending!

First of all, hi and thank you for applying to our server! We appreciate you choosing us. Unfortunately there are a few things you may need to edit before I can accept this application, mostly minor things that can be easily elaborated on or changed as we need.

First of all is his eye color. There isn't a mention of it, but we'd prefer to know mostly so that we know how he looks overall. Remember Ash Elves can have any eye color so you have a lot of choice!

Secondly is the curse. I need you to elaborate on what you mean by '
act upon only the basics of his intelligence.' This can be very subjective, so if you could mention next to this part in your app what it means, that would be great so we can decide whether it would actually make sense for him to have such a curse or not. My personal suggestion however is that instead of making it so that he couldn't use all of his intelligence, make it so that he has long term memory issues due to the curse and cannot easily retain a lot of knowledge without actual effort because of it.

Finally, in the magic system you have forgotten to mention a couple of things! One is that it takes training to get to higher level spells even with a very strong trinket, and secondly that it requires sight or touch to cast a spell!

Once you've edited these things please let me know and I'll look over your app again.

Planet Minecraft

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2019
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome