Tolkien’s Forge » Developers, Builders, Skin Artists and Graphic Designers Wanted [LOTR Server]

Tolkiens-Forge's Avatar Tolkiens-Forge7/22/18 11:15 am history
4 emeralds 2.8k 17
9/22/2018 6:42 pm
Tolkiens-Forge's Avatar Tolkiens-Forge

Developers, Builders, Skin Artists and Graphic Designers Wanted

Slightly outdated version of the 2,0000 x 20,000 map of middle earth

Hi there! We are Tolkien’s Forge, a Lord of the Rings RP and questing server looking for some developers, builders, graphic designers and skin artists! We are a friendly staff team looking for someone with, not only experience in their subject, but also someone wishing to join a friendly and productive team. Everyone is invited (and encouraged) to contribute into the way the server is going. Discord is used for the majority of our communication.

The server is currently under construction so player recruitment is not happening yet (but feel free to join the discord at the bottom of this post to contribute ideas and talk about lore, although do note that we are not looking for moderators at the minute).

How to apply

Whilst we are still designing our website, please apply by messaging our Planet Minecraft account or by commenting to this post. The following information is some ideas of the information we are looking for:

• In game name:
  • Discord details:
  • Previous plugins/mods/builds/skins/artwork
  • If you would like to contribute any other skills to the project let us know
  • Any other information you wish to tell us

Current Team
Builders:
Developers:
Lore Team:
Admins:

Skin Artists
We are planning to have many of the characters from the Lord of the Rings universe on the server as NPCs, many of which have very few versions publicly available. We therefore want people with good quality skinning skills to help make Tolkien’s creations come to life; even the most obscure characters will need skins!
Builders
This is the main area of focus at the moment, with so many towns and cities in our 20,000 x 20,000 block map still needing to be built, there is likely to be something to suit you! See the photos above for a look at some of the awesome builds we have made so far and send us an application to help!
Plugin Developers
When we release, the RP server will need custom plugins for everything from its roleplay to combat systems. Join our team as a developer to contribute your ideas and skills to the overall player experience.
Graphic Designer
We need a designer for logos, promotional material, banners and website graphics to help players and potential staff find our server. Please send us copies of previous work with the application, using the format listed below and join our awesome team!

The link to the PMC page for the server can be found here:

https://www.planetminecraft.com/server/tolkien-s-forge/

Any questions at all, message us on PMC or join our discord, we will be happy to answer them.

Discord link

https://discord.gg/rZVE4Rm

Tolkien's Forge

Renders so far

Argonath

Tolkiens-Forge
Level 11 : Journeyman Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

09/22/2018 6:42 pm
Tolkiens-Forge
Still looking for builders! Apply now by commenting on this thread :) and even if you don't want to apply, why not join our discord and join a bunch of LOTR nerds talking about all things Tolkien!
09/21/2018 5:45 am
Level 49 : Master Architect
wms98
Just a quick update, the trollshaws are coming along nicely! still need builders!

09/19/2018 6:04 am
Level 1 : New Miner
0XlX0
  • In game name: 0XlX0

• Discord details: 0XlX0#6413

• Previous plugins/mods/builds/skins/artwork: Worked on MCME Server/Was somewhat close at one point with the creater of the LOTR Mod. Have used World Edit & Voxel moderately. Golden Hall with Hand Terraforming

• If you would like to contribute any other skills to the project let us know: I'd like to be able to help build middle earth locations.

• Any other information you wish to tell us: I'm pretty involved in the Tolkien MC Community. Was a builder on the MCME server years ago. I'm 21 years old with a basic understanding of Java coding, but not really looking to do that. I'm really fascinated by your guys builds and want to help contribute with what I can.

09/20/2018 12:26 pm
Tolkiens-Forge
We have replied to your application
09/14/2018 12:58 pm
Tolkiens-Forge
We are still looking for talented staff members, especially builders. If you are interested just message your app down below, join our discord and/or PM us!
09/02/2018 11:11 am
Level 39 : Artisan Kitten
Seabro
Still a long way from being finished but this is how Minas Tirith is coming along!

Minastirith1
Minastirith2
Minastirith3
Feel free to pop on and chill on our discord! or apply for any open position in the comments :)

08/27/2018 7:52 pm
Seabro
Sorry, I have been on holiday so haven't posted on here in a couple of weeks. Just a reminder we are still looking for staff - especially builder! :) message either me/the tolkien's forge account if you are interested or you can just jump on the discord using the link above and chill with us. Even if you do not want to apply for staff everyone is welcome on our discord!
08/11/2018 5:28 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Miner
Only The Best
  • In game name: OnlyTheBest

• Discord details: 𝕺𝖓𝖑𝖞𝕿𝖍𝖊𝕭𝖊𝖘𝖙#9595

• Previous plugins/mods/builds/skins/artwork: Im a configurator but i have made "magic orbs" and "wands" that do custom effects like shoot lightning ect.

• If you would like to contribute any other skills to the project let us know: I would like to help out as this is an amazing idea for a project and it feels like you are making this for the community on pmc.

• Any other information you wish to tell us. Love the builds ect
08/11/2018 5:04 pm
Level 49 : Master Architect
wms98
Just an update on the project, the inside of Isengard is coming along nicely, still looking for people to join the team!

07/31/2018 8:00 pmhistory
Level 58 : Grandmaster Terraformer
leefnut
Would you like a better map to use? I have a blank custom map built to lore if you'd like it?

This image includes builds but I have a blank version with roads I can give you?

https://i.imgur.com/2bsuYhR.jpg

or check out

https://www.planetminecraft.com/project/leefnut-builds-middle-earth/

and save yourself 6 months ^^

Good Luck!
07/30/2018 6:43 pm
Level 44 : Master Enderdragon
ThunderekTV
In game name: ThunderGamerTV

Discord Details: ThunderekTV#0078 , I've had Discord for like a year, but now is the time I've really started using it properly :P

Previous plugins/mods/builds/skins/artwork: You can check out my builds on my profile. Also, I started experimenting with skins.

If you would like to contribute any other skills to the project let us know: It's mostly building and making skins and texture packs, I guess..

Any other information you wish to tell us: Just wanted to tell you that I'm probably not as good at building as you are, but I like creating medieval themed builds. Also, I'm a pretty big fan of LOTR. I'm 14 years old. One more thing I wanna tell you is that English is my second language :P
07/30/2018 9:52 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Explorer
Oelpix
Finished up the entrance to the mighty Erebor! Keep applying, we're still searching for staff!
07/26/2018 6:21 pmhistory
Seabro
Still looking for staff! Our builds are coming along nicely. Just finished Argonath so here's a sneak peek!

Argonath
07/23/2018 3:01 pmhistory
Detectives
  • In game name: My Minecraft IGN is Detectives.

• Discord details: Name [Detectives#7504]. I have been using Discord for roughly 2 years now. I am soon (After finishing my HTML course on web development) will be learning how to make discord bots with efficient response.

• Previous plugins/mods/builds/skins/artwork: I do not quite understand this one. Sorry.

• If you would like to contribute any other skills to the project let us know: My brilliant mindset.

• Any other information you wish to tell us: I really like being a Developer. To the point i have even took it as a GSCE. I am also 14 Years old with a growth mindset.

07/23/2018 10:45 am
DavosKallow
[Your discord invite has expired]
07/23/2018 1:58 pm
Tolkiens-Forge
thank you for letting us know, the link has been fixed to never expire!
07/23/2018 10:44 am
DavosKallow
  • In game name: LoCoBeAnZUK

• Discord details: DavosKallow#8709

• Previous plugins/mods/builds/skins/artwork I have never made a plugin before, but I have started to pick up development for Minecraft plugins as it I am currently doing an I.T. Level 1 Course and creating plugins is something I wish to peruse .

• If you would like to contribute any other skills to the project let us know I have a creative mind and I do writing so I can contribute lore friendly quests and things.

• Any other information you wish to tell us I am 17. I like spaghetti Bolognese .
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome