Xekhin's Avatar Xekhin
Looking For [Chat-Moderator]

Want To Apply ? :

Please fill out a Application like so,

Name:
In-game name:
Timezone:

IP- 216.245.197.100

What virtues do you have that can benefit the staff of Twisted-Games develop a better community?

List what you think are the most important features a Moderator should have?

What mistakes do you think an average Moderator makes and how could you improve them?

Why do you want Moderator on Twisted-Games?

Other information?
TwistyFate
Level 1 : New Blacksmith

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/10/2012 7:49 am
Level 1 : New Miner
Xekhin
Name: Joe

In-game name: MrMasterz

Skype name: iimaaasterz

Timezone: Perth +8

List what you think are the most important features a Moderator should have:
Moderation of a server is not something to be taken lightly. A moderator is the difference between everyone having a good time, and someone ruining the fun. I find that the best moderators enforce rules, while keeping a level head and friendly demeanour.

Moderators should grant the same respect to lower ranked players, as they would admins or operators. This provides players with the feeling of protected, while having 'e-friends' at the same time.

What mistakes do you think an average Moderator makes and how could you improve them: An 'average' moderator will make decisions based solely off of his/her personal opinion of a player. For example, a younger player with limited knowledge of grammar etc, could be annoying other players. This younger player could be falsely accused of grief or similar, the 'average' moderator, may know that the younger player is innocent, but may still ban him because he is annoying. My point here is that an 'above average' moderator, will not take age, ethnicity, gender or similar into account when making decisions, they will only take factual information related to the complaint.

Why do you want Moderator on Twisted-Games: The twisted games community ticks every box of mine. The admins are friendly, and the other players are big fans of PVP and faction wars. These, combined with the professional layout and lag free environment, make me want to become a well-known member of the community, and help keep it clean.

Other information: None, (this post is an edit)
12/05/2012 1:00 pm
Level 1 : New Goblin
yuyuyuy
Adam
jellydude36
England
jellydude35
GMT

I'm happy, fun and up for anything. I love playing hunger games and just playing general minecraft and playing with mods.I think I can benefit the server as I'm an intermediate redstone engineer and an above average builder. I could also benefit the server with my creativity and artistic mind.

They should have patience. They should also be happy and friendly people who love to meet new people and invite people to the server. Moderators should also be AFK for a minimal amount of time (I have first-hand knowledge) . They should be willing to do almost anything to help the server get more players and be a happier place for everybody!

Some moderators make the mistake of presuming things. For example if they see some one next to a build that has been griefed breaking blocks on it they immediately ban them. I have seen this happen in the past.Some average moderators also are quite grumpy if something in there life has gone wrong. For example they're cat has died. They bring this general unhappy feeling onto the server and no-one wants to play as everyone is angry,annoyed or upset.

As I love hunger games and I love helping servers grow and expand! I also think this is a really awesome server and deserves to go big. I also believe this server is really well put together and has a great community but I think I can improve it with my past experiences and creative ideas.

I am interested in java programming and have a basic knowledge in it. I am also very interested in making videos and music.

-Jelly
12/03/2012 12:41 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
SquirrellHuntelu43
Surena
bluedudey
bluedudey
UK

Well I'm a friendly guy that really likes the hungergames in general and i really want to help people on the server and just simply help the server grow.

Well first of all they shouldnt be someone that is always afk and never responds to help someone (I know an admin like that, he's annoying) and also just a fun happy guy.*Edit* Also I would like to add that I think that I would be a good mod because I am confident with all commands (used to be a co owner) and I know how to handle and common problems with the server,I will also advertise to get more people and generally play with anyone that wants to have some fun.

As I've said above moderators need to be responsive and responsible for the server and i guess thats a common mistake, using modly powers for your own fun.*Edit* However I will take moderating seriously but I will have fun when I obviously need too.

Well as you know I love the hungergames and I like the idea of the server having multiple arenas so I thought that this could be a good server

I can invite loads of people i know, they all love the hunger games like me.I love the hunger games, and am really enjoying twisted craft.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome