Unique Survival Server (Please read desc. first!)

_Sinner's Avatar _Sinner2/16/18 3:35 am
1 emeralds 132 4
2/16/2018 4:24 pm
_Sinner's Avatar _Sinner
My idea is to have a wasteland/hardcore survival server where you'd be faced with many issues. One issue would be staying hydrated. Because it's a wasteland the water wouldn't be any good...above ground. Under the custom terrain there are water deposits, some small others large. In order for you to stay hydrated, you need to find a way to get that water to stay alive. To add to the intensity, griefing allowed, raiding allowed, random killing allowed. You'd also be able to make a tribe/party with a few other friends. You'd be able to claim a single plot 32x32. This area is protected from griefing only...for a little while at least. Yes, it can still be raided and you can be randomly killed in it. It's protected from griefing as long as: You maintain a good food/water supply, you keep a low profile, you have fortifications of some sort, and you are able to pay the survivors fee. The economy would be medium difficulty so that you would have something easy-ish in a wasteland. These are only a few thoughts of mine for a possible server. If there's enough positive feedback to this post I may start considering getting it set up and getting to work on it. Please leave your feedback down below and make sure to answer the poll!

Poll ended 05/17/2018 4:35 am.

_Sinner
Level 24 : Expert Blacksmith

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/16/2018 4:11 pmhistory
Level 2 : Apprentice Architect
Th4tM0nk3y
This "idea" is just stolen from a modpack, can't remember the name atm....

The problem I see with this gamemode would be new players be heavily at a disadvantage to players that have been playing for some time since the new players are easy targets for the experienced ones.... You'd need some kind of kill protection in place to stop the farming of new players by experienced ones
02/16/2018 4:24 pm
_Sinner
I'm pretty sure there were wasteland themed games long before that wasteland mod...So technically I didn't steal it from the mod, I 'stole' it from the inventor of wasteland games. Plus that mod has water above ground, my plan would have no water above ground. The experienced vs new players thing is an issue yes, but here's the thing, any server/gamemode where people have played on for some time usually have an advantage over the new guys no matter what. Like, say I joined a factions server right now, I would be an easier target for the experienced guys since they have overall better loot making it a disadvantage for me to play there.
02/16/2018 4:53 am
Level 1 : New Miner
IskystarI
can we add some plugins as well? like project korra and magic? and add some hardcore mobs to go with it?
02/16/2018 3:19 pm
_Sinner
If I were to go through with it I was actually thinking about hardcore/'custom' mobs and some sort of magic plugin to go with it. So basically, yes.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome