Upcoming Dragon Ball Z based Server. -= USES DBC MOD =-

HavikReaper's Avatar HavikReaper8/12/17 10:35 pm
8/18/2017 1:53 pm
HavikReaper's Avatar HavikReaper
Our Goal

Our goal as a server is to provide the players a unique way to play Dragon Block C. As good as a mod as it is, it deserves to shine, and we can make that happen. We have realized that many servers of the same type have come to either be mocked due to their similarity to others or stopped their service because of the same issue. Our goal is to eliminate that for our server, and again, provide the players a unique way to play Dragon Block.

What makes us Unique?

To start things off, you only need two things to join our server: The latest versions of Jin’s Core Mod and Dragon Block. That’s right; we don’t require any other mods!! Unlike many other servers, Dragon Block Kingdoms does NOT require you to acquire any sort of ‘side-mods’, unless of course you desire. That means the Custom NPCs is out of the question. But don’t fret! Our server will STILL provide the players with all the Quests and Missions that they can handle, and more!! Using the power of Bukkit and the Spigot API, our server is virtually custom coded with the exception of Jin’s 2 very own creations, the required mods. From our Core to our Custom Guilds and Automated Tournament System, we want to take one more step to provide what you, the players, strive in uniqueness.

Requirements

As stated above, we only require the two essential mods provided by JinRyuu.

Final Statement

We hope that you choose to join us in our journey to the top. If you would like to learn more, add me on discord at HavikReaper#5454. Our OFFICIAL DISCORD has now been released!! We are opening staff applications today, so feel free to hop into the frontlineswith us to help make our dream come true!! If not, then we hope to see you upon server release!! Thank you all for your support and time,

HavikReaper
HavikReaper
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/18/2017 1:53 pm
HavikReaper
We're still accepting staff members of all kinds!! Apply HERE.

Thanks again!!
08/13/2017 11:08 am
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Ninja
Deathdusk
In my opinion, you're using a mod that doesn't support half the content for the Dragon Ball series and with that, you'll have limitations to how far you can go. Using JinRyuu's mod may work for a ltitle bit, but in my opinion you should expand into a plugin-based Dragon Ball server with no mods. It's possible. Search up the MagicSpells plugin.
08/13/2017 11:24 am
HavikReaper
BCGN

You're missing a huge point here. Jin is making his mod with little to no help from the community, out of his free time, and out of the strict love of coding using FML. Dragon Block C has a whopping total of 2 people working on it, not including his other mods. The Dragon Ball series has a countless number of employees doing the same thing. I'm creating this server to bring what is already a community together again onto a Network, constantly adding new, unique features onto it. I understand that's your opinion, and I appreciate your feedback, but if your asking me to change whether I use a simply Spigot server or support Jin and his mod, it's a definite no. Again I appreciate your feedback.

HavikReaper
08/13/2017 11:33 amhistory
Deathdusk
Though, I don't think I am missing a huge point. Your users will have to reinstall the mod every time an update is pushed through by JinRyuu and if he's constantly updating the mod, that will be a lot. Along with that comes inconsistencies in the mod or things that break the functionality of the server on update.

It's less reliable to work from someone else's mod, and I feel like JinRyuu's mod is a crutch to begin with. With a Dragon Block C community that is so gigantic, there are miniservers that will inevitably flood the listing pages and will drown a server that isn't a directly unique way of going about Dragon Ball. Having a Dragon Block C server and adding tournaments and such to it will not change very much. You kind of danced around my question by saying they update the mod a lot, so I'd like to see a response to all of my points.
08/13/2017 11:58 am
HavikReaper
BCGN

The users of the mod don't have a problem with that. They do such things already, so at this point your acting as if the community is lazy. Secondly, this is why there are things called backups, which every server uses. Thirdly, that's why being unique is the way to go. These so called 'mini-servers' don't get put onto the Featured List he's got there. A lot of these servers get shutdown too quickly, so Jin put in a way for actual servers to be set apart from the smaller servers that don't look like they will last. Fourth, I didn't dance around your question. If you read my response correctly, I simply told you that I respected your opinion, but that I wasn't going to take your advice. I don't have to have a strict, unique way of going about Dragon Ball, but I feel like I do need a strict, unique way of representing the community through my server.
08/13/2017 12:04 pmhistory
Deathdusk
If the system for advertising is as optimized as you say it is, if you think you can do the mod justice than that is obviously by your jurisdiction in the end. If possible, I just suggest implementing features alongside the mod so that by default, things are more noticeable than other servers. I feel like automated tournaments won't pull people in as much. Make custom attacks or something.

EDIT: Also, I'm not assuming the community is lazy, I'm just mentioning that the nature of most players will see updating as an inconvenience, especially if they have to do it manually every time.
08/13/2017 9:59 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Pokemon
Spigot
How will yours stand out from the rest? Anyone can start up a server with the exact same ideas. How will you advertise the server and how do you know you will be successful?
08/13/2017 10:52 am
HavikReaper
CentOS

Well, for one, please read the What makes us Unique? portion of the post. Secondly, management is going to be much stricter. Many servers use the phrase kind and mature staff here!! and such, though I'm not; I CAN'T guarantee 100% of our staff members are going to be kind and mature. Although we are going to have strict guidelines for when a staff member should act a certain way, they are free to simply be a player when they aren't in staffmode, another feature we're going to have for all our staff members. Another thing that sets us apart from other servers of our kind is the fact that I'm a Developer. Many servers will struggle to find someone willing to take on such a burden, but when the Owner has that burden, simply put, the Owner doesn't need to continuously hound on his team to finish something, etc. I can simply code whatever I want, when I want, as the server sees fit. As mentioned above, everything on our server is custom, from the core mod, to permissions, and our Automated Tournament System. Server advertising comes from this website, Jin's website, and the Server List feature he encoded onto his site. If you need more convincing, just join our Discord and we can talk real-time there.

HavikReaper
08/13/2017 11:00 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Pokemon
Spigot
I did read the section on how you will stand out from the rest. I might have not worded it properly in my first comment. How are you going to make sure that your idea will stay unique and that someone wont come along and try to copy your idea? Because if one community creates this gamemode, how do you know someone wont replicate it and try to steal your playerbase? How will you advertise the community?
08/13/2017 11:16 am
HavikReaper
CentOS

Truth be told, there is no guarantee that our idea will stay unique. Other server owners are welcome to come try and replicate the way our server's made. However, there is a, if you will, contingency in this situation. The Dragon Block C community isn't crawling with Developers like the majority of other modded communities. That would in turn give me the upper-hand in this situation, because I can continually improve and refine the game-mode without worry of paying a Developer to do the work for me. It also takes much more time to first find a willing Developer, settle out a payment plan, send ALL the information to the Developer about said feature, have them code it, test it, see to your liking, etc. I can simply do all of this without going through those first 3 steps; I can just get right into the coding myself. I know what I want done, so it's easy to just do what you want done yourself. As for the player-base, it's a matter of the benefit of the doubt. When things go south, such as someone trying to copy our server, it's ultimately up to the player if he wants to check out the new server or stay where it all began. I can personally guarantee that new features will be coming out according to what the players want, in the quickest amount of time, in the most efficient way as possible. It's going to take time for someone to make something completely unique on their own, and a shorter time to copy it, yet again, if the Owner isn't an established Developer, they might as well give up. By the time someone copies our idea, the server may have already grown it's playerbase, and it's quite possible that a newer and better gamemode that ours may have come out, and that is when we also transition into newer and better ideas as well. If there isn't change in the community, improving ourselves is pointless if we already have a set playerbase. On the other hand, if there is too much change in the community and we start to lose players because of a big new feature that's added in, or another server has a new idea that can be easily improved, why not hop on the train and join in the fun?

HavikReaper
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome