VoxBox [Hiring Java/Plugin Devs] [Hiring Staff]

Official VoxBox's Avatar Official VoxBox12/31/16 11:42 pm
1/31/2017 3:28 am
anonpmc856928's Avatar anonpmc856928
Position of Interest: We are looking for one to two people to partner with developing the VoxBox server who is experienced with Java programming and plugins. Also searching for administration and moderation staff.

Note: if your age is under 14 or 15, we will unlikely consider your application. Your app must be very proffesional.

Email or Inbox us to keep your application private!

Java/Plugin Dev Application:

1. Why are you interested in joining this team?
2. How often will you be available?
3. How old are you?
4. How long have you played Minecraft for?
5. How long have you been programming with Java and/or Plugins?
6. Which project or projects are you most proud of? (screenshots or links appreciated)
7. (Optional) Write a small essay. How would you be best for the team?
8. What is your skype?
9.Time Zone?

Staff Application:

2. Why should we accept you?
3. What position are you aiming for/capable of?
- Admin
- Chat Mod
4. How often will you be available?
5. How old are you?
6. How long have you played Minecraft for?
7. What are you're previous experiences (portfolio)?
8. What are you most proud of accomplishing in Minecraft?
9. (Optional) Write a small essay. How would you be best for the team?
10. What is your skype?
11. How would you rate you're maturity level? (1-10/10)
12.Time Zone?
13.Email?
Official VoxBox
Level 3 : Apprentice Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/31/2017 3:28 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc856928
[deleted]
01/28/2017 11:30 pm
Official VoxBox
Bump
01/28/2017 2:33 am
Official VoxBox
bump
01/26/2017 5:51 pm
Official VoxBox
bump
01/25/2017 11:42 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
808gboy
BUMP
01/25/2017 7:33 pm
Official VoxBox
Bump
01/25/2017 4:49 pm
Official VoxBox
Bump
01/23/2017 5:01 pm
Finalplague01
So many bumps, but did all those players get denied? And are you still in need of Java applicants because I've done Java for about 1-2 yrs now.
01/23/2017 6:46 pm
Official VoxBox
Yes, we are looking for devs. We reply to our applications through email or pm, which is where people should be sending their applications.
01/23/2017 4:58 pm
Official VoxBox
Bump
01/22/2017 4:03 pm
Official VoxBox
Bump
01/16/2017 9:18 pm
PlasmaPyro
1. Why are you interested in joining this team? Im interested in joining this team because itll teach me stuff I didnt know previously, ill get to meet new people and make new friends, and itll be something to do instead of being bored 24/7
2. Why should we accept you? Ive had plenty of experience in staff positions, I have been a Owner, Co-Owner, Head Admin, Admin and Mod so I have plenty of experience with working with people and using commands
- Admin - Im aiming to be Admin on this server, Im very helpful and respectful so im sure other members of the server will like me, and I know my commands and will never use my power disrespectfully.
- Chat Mod
4. How often will you be available? Im available nearly everyday, all day.
5. How old are you? 17
6. How long have you played Minecraft for? I dont remember when I bought it but id say 4+ years
7. What are you're previous experiences (portfolio)? I have been a Owner, Co-Owner, Head Admin, Admin and Mod so I have plenty of experience with working with people and using commands
8. What are you most proud of accomplishing in Minecraft? I dont have any goals for minecraft, but if there was something id want accomplished itll be getting Admin for this server
9. (Optional) Write a small essay. How would you be best for the team? Id be best for the team because, I know many commands and will never over use them. I will never-ever verbally abuse someone nor abuse someone with commands. Ill never give away free stuff to members of the server, but ill happily help them. Im a really respectful and honest guy so if Im ever not that there will be a reason behind it.
10. What is your skype? PlasmaPyro (I think, never use it)
11. How would you rate you're maturity level? (1-10/10) - 9/10
12.Time Zone? Australian Central Time Zone, UTC+9:30
13.Email? ryan57@live.com.au
01/16/2017 12:13 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Wizard
scarabcoder
Hey Vox, are you offering any kind of payment for devs? I would assume with your choice of wording (hiring) that you are, but you don't mention it anywhere else.
If you want good devs, please remember that it takes a *very* long time to be considered a good dev. Also, making plugins takes longer then you'd think. If you want people to develop for you instead of working or making money for free, thing again.
01/16/2017 4:54 pm
Official VoxBox
Yes, we are willing to pay devs If they require it.
01/16/2017 5:47 am
Official VoxBox
bump
01/14/2017 11:00 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc856928
[deleted]
01/14/2017 10:42 pm
Level 1 : New Network
Photon156
Whew, that's a lot of bumps. I'll reply because you look serious about this (and you haven't gotten any serious replies yet).

Developer
1. Why are you interested in joining this team? This will benefit me as much as you if I get the opportunity to work in a team. I get experience and can get my code critiqued by the other devs, and I get practice critiquing other peoples' code. I'll be exposed to more and will learn faster. And you get plugins. Win - Win.

2. How often will you be available? Well, on chats I'm available very often. Chances are you'll get a reply to something within a few minutes of sending it. I will be working on projects almost whenever I am online, especially if it interests me.

3. How old are you? Doesn't matter if I'm not stupid and can write good code, right? I'm responsible.

4. How long have you played Minecraft for? Long time. 4 years?

5. How long have you been programming with Java and/or Plugins? I think it's been 2 years now.

6. Which project or projects are you most proud of? (screenshots or links appreciated) I can PM you my GitHub (although if you know anything about GH, you'll find it anyways). Screenshots are hard to get of a minigame, but I can try. Ask me about it.

7. (Optional) Write a small essay. How would you be best for the team? I'm a team player. I like working with other people and learning. I get along best with people that know more than me. I am often online, so I can answer questions. I'm self-managing and can break down large problems somewhat easily. I also have no problems with asking for help. Finally, I am really serious about code quality. I often rewrite entire plugins multiple times until it's as perfect as I can get it. I also don't give up.

8. What is your skype? I will PM it if you respond here or in a PM.

9.Time Zone? ^

Good luck!
01/14/2017 7:11 pm
Official VoxBox
bump
01/14/2017 4:22 pm
Official VoxBox
bump
01/14/2017 12:02 pm
Official VoxBox
bump
01/13/2017 9:54 pm
Official VoxBox
bump
01/12/2017 10:49 pm
SlySenpai
Java/Plugin Dev Application:
Because, just to be honest, I have been getting bored and have nothing to do so I would like to try to find something to do and since I use to be a developer for a lot of servers I guess I'll try this.

2. How often will you be available?
If Im welcomed and others are on enough then I will also be on probably every day.

3. How old are you?
Im 13, and since I'm 13 I am aware that I may not be accepted, but I hope you will not base this application off of simply that fact.

4. How long have you played Minecraft for?
6-7 years.

5. How long have you been programming with Java and/or Plugins?
3-4 Years.

6. Which project or projects are you most proud of? (screenshots or links appreciated)
Dont really have any proof or links so sorry about that but I guess If I am accepted you can just see for yourself if I am lying or not about actually having experience, but I have ran about 10 servers myself but that was a long time ago in version 1.6.4 etc., otherwise I have just been staff/dev on other servers.

7. (Optional) Write a small essay. How would you be best for the team?
I feel I have a lot more experience than most people that play minecraft though Im not saying that there arent many others that are more experienced and better for this line of work but what Im saying is I feel I can benefit in many ways especially in plugins. I am able to use pex, groupmanager, worldguard, and am also quite well with fixing errors in plugins and simply reading the coding inside of the plugins to find errors.

8. What is your skype?
Stephen.mathos

9.Time Zone?
Pacific Standard Time

Thank you and I hope I meet to requirements to possibly be a developer on this server, thank you.
01/12/2017 10:31 pm
Official VoxBox
bump
01/12/2017 3:00 pm
bfoehlmtz

Because I love to play on the server as it is, (bbjr1.) And id love to be apart of the team to make the server the best I could possibly be

I'm a hard worker, and I'd love to work for something that I care about. I'm also really kind and sociable so it's easy for me to be reasonable and get along with others

Mod, I work best with people

Pretty much every day of the week, as long as it's not during normal school hours

5. How old are you?

I would say about 6-7 years

7. What are your previous experiences (portfolio)?

null.

Making my very own, private, expansive world with many different buildings and cool structures all built by me

10. What is your skype?

We'll discuss in game

11. How would you rate your maturity level? (1-10/10)

8.5-9

12.Time Zone?

Central time

13.Email?

brianfoehl@icloud.com
01/12/2017 2:59 pm
Taytaypowers
Username: Taytaypowers

Why are you interested in joining this team? The creators of this server seem fun and I would like to also join in and make the server as best as it can be. I have been playing on this server for a bit, and it has a good community so it would be nice to be apart of that.

Why should we accept you? I am fun to hang around but also serious when need to be. I am always fair in choosing right from wrong. I am a good listener and do what i'm told. I have never been banned from any server, so I am very trusting so you can trust me I will be fair.

What position are you aiming for/capable of?
A mod or Chat mod- I am good with Commands

How often will you be available? I have school from 7:25-3:00 so anytime after 3:00 - almost 10:00 at night; weekends I am free most of the day

How old are you? 16 almost 17

How long have you played Minecraft for? Since January 2011

What are you're previous experiences (portfolio)? none, but everyone has to start somewhere

What is your skype? Will discuss in game

How would you rate you're maturity level? (1-10/10) In all honesty- 8/10 (Got to have a fun side)

Time Zone? Central

Email? Pumpernickel617@gmail.com

Thank you for your time.
01/11/2017 9:34 pm
Official VoxBox
Bump
01/11/2017 8:31 pm
MrsharkKings
1:Because i like this server and im interested of the server and being staff. 2:im really good at being a staff i wana help server and be admin because i love this server speculi the cool owner. 3:im good at admin. 4:Day With Out School And Friday 5:11 6: The Past 4 Years 7:Im Good At PVP I Know When Someone hacks i know all kinds of hacks pandora wurst flux 8:Making A Awsome Server. 9:i always like to play minecraft but i think this server is the one ill be staff plz accept me ill try my best to be staff i always wamted to be staff iv been a good helper but mostly a good admin do i hope you get it why i love admin and why i wana be staff on this server. 10: Skype Name MrsharkRB 11:5 12:around all day or 3 hours 13:Manuel.rincon.b@gmail.com
01/11/2017 7:08 pm
Official VoxBox
bump
01/08/2017 10:30 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Network
Domiscrazzy
bump
01/07/2017 2:35 pm
Official VoxBox
bump
01/06/2017 8:37 pm
Official VoxBox
bump
01/05/2017 6:12 am
Official VoxBox
bump
01/04/2017 10:58 pm
Level 21 : Expert Dragonborn
megabyte354
Staff Application:

I'm highly interested in new opportunities and see potential within this server!

I feel like I would be able to largely contribute to the future of the server, which seems very bright!

Admin/Moderator/Chat Mod, whichever position you think I'm fit for!

Available mostly when necessary, just would need to be contacted.

5. How old are you?

I've played Minecraft for around 5 years and have loved every minute of it.

7. What are you're previous experiences (portfolio)?

I've owned my own server and network and am also an aspiring renderer who's helped lead multiple teams.
http://www.planetminecraft.com/server/d ... t-1955867/
http://www.planetminecraft.com/member/astraeus_network/
http://imgur.com/a/sXXkq

I'm most proud of developing a well-rounded minecraft experience. I've been involved in every aspect and thus have come from very far.

10. What is your skype? Will message over the server

11. How would you rate you're maturity level? (1-10/10)

I would highly suggest a 10

12.Time Zone?

EST (America/NewYork)
01/04/2017 9:57 pm
Official VoxBox
bump
01/02/2017 6:29 pm
Official VoxBox
bump
01/01/2017 12:19 am
Level 31 : Artisan Modder
Nebzei
Hello VoxBox,

I am not looking for a position but may I refer you to my website if you are looking for any custom made plugins to be made: http://www.alctrazdevelopers.tk/

Kind Regards,
TheWisePotato.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome