forum Forumsplay_arrow Minecraft fiber_manual_record Servers

★Wellandel★ Story-Driven MMORPG - Recruiting many positions!

40 emeralds79 replies2,524 views
created 01/08/2018 1:44 pm by ScarletBox
last reply 11/12/2018 12:29 pm
Banner

Welcome everyone! I am Scarlet, the leading member for this project as well as the founder of Wellandel Studios, a team of talented Minecraft players who are all passionate about creating a wonderful and original world where anything can happen. We are currently on the lookout for potential new recruits that would be just as dedicated as we are on this project! :D

-lOHIoQRKdY

What is Wellandel

Wellandel is an immersive, innovative Minecraft MMORPG experience whose core gameplay relies heavily on lore. We aim to integrate well designed structures/builds, powerful custom plugins and riveting storytelling to create an all-inclusive, exhilarating and unforgettable world to provide for our players. Players will be able to travel through the world of Wellandel, meeting new people, discovering places and encountering many dangers as they progress.

Project Screenshots

Spoiler - click to reveal

Our Team

The Wellandel team currently consists of 18 members ranging from builders to writers. We are a welcoming community that happily greets and interacts with newer members. Most of us are in college or have a job, so we work on Wellandel whenever we have free time available.

We work in groups that are each specialized in a certain field. There are game designers, developers, builders, artists and writers. Each of these groups have a group lead that will look to coordinate members of that group to work together as efficiently as possible.

Members We are Interested In

Click here to see more!

In order to become a part of the Wellandel team, there are a few prerequisites that you need to have:
  • Wellandel is a project that is made as a team, everyone needs to work together efficiently in their respective groups. We do not want members who will try to make all the decisions themselves without consulting anybody elsefirst. Of course, we are aware of the overflowing talent displayed by each and every new team member. However, you should remain humble as much as possible about it.
  • You should also communicate with your respective group as much as possible, whether it be for scheduling a meeting, reporting progress or understanding what needs to be done.
  • You are required to remain active. Inactive members will automatically be removed from the team after an extended period of inactivity
  • We do not discriminate, but we are mostly looking for members above the age of 12. We do, however, make exceptions when you are able to display enough maturity and professionalism in your application as well as in your interview.

Our Recruitment Staff

Available Positions

Game Designer (Closed)
>>> Click to fill in application form

Plugin Developer (4 positions available)

Full-Stack Web Developer (Closed)

Builder (20 position available)

Writer (1 position available)

Recruitment procedure

Click here to see more!

In order to become a fully-fledged member of the Wellandel team, there are a few steps that you need to go through.

First, you need to complete an application form of your desired position. The applications can be found at the very bottom of this post.

Next, you need to wait for one of our scouts to review and reply to your application, telling you whether your application has been accepted or whether it has been denied.

When your application has been accepted, you will be asked a desired time and date for an interview. During the interview, the group lead of your chosen position will be asking you questions to make sure that you are indeed what we are looking for.

Once you pass the interview, you will become a probationary member, meaning that you will be imposed a tryout period of 2-3 weeks, depending on the situation. During that time, your group leader will give you work as if you were a fully-fledged member, so it will not make a difference for you. After the tryout time is over, you will either be accepted as a new member and denied.

If you get denied during any of the 4 stages, you will have to wait 2 weeks before sending in a new application. If you do not wait before reapplying, any application you send from that point on will be ignored and all possibility of joining the team will be lost.

If you have any thought or some ideas to improve our recruitment thread or any question about our project, feel free to ask us in reply. We will answer as soon as possible!
Posted by avatar
ScarletBox
Retired Moderator
Level 74 : Legendary Senpai

79 replies

11/12/2018 12:29 pm
Level 74 Legendary Senpai
ScarletBox
Update: Added 5 project screenshots to the post.
We are recruiting many positions!
- Plugin Developer (4 positions available)
- Builder (20 positions available)
- Writer (1 position available)

For any builder that is new to building, we also have academy to help you get into building easier. Add me ScarletBox#5001 to talk about joining to the academy or whatever question you have in mind! :D
11/06/2018 11:05 pm
ScarletBox
We are recruiting a lot builders!
City planner has higher chance to be accepted!
11/04/2018 5:35 am
ScarletBox
We are recruiting a lot builders, especially city planner!
10/18/2018 4:16 am
ScarletBox
Hello everyone! Now we are open for "Partner Builders". You can just join and start building together with us with simple steps:

1. Join Discord server below
2. Mention @Scarlet in Discord server that you want to be partner
3. Scarlet will contact you in private message and whitelist you in server then you can start working!

You can join to our Discord server via this link:
https://discord.gg/AwEUPrt

10/17/2018 12:43 am
Level 1 New Miner
Wellandel
Now we have an official account for Wellandel Project on PlanetMinecraft!
www.planetminecraft.com/member/wellandel/

10/05/2018 11:32 am
ScarletBox
Thank you for applying! We are interviewing 2 writers today!
Anyway, we are recruiting all positions! :D
10/04/2018 5:53 am
ScarletBox
A little update about Wellandel project. We are developing a web application to help writers add quests in Wellandel server without requesting developers effort.

10/02/2018 1:40 am
Level 1 New Miner
jinwooee1
Is the server going to be modded when it is finished? Because I suggest you look into valkyrien's warfare mod, even though the mod is unstable right now it fits your server theme perfectly. Anyways, great work and I hope it turns out great :)
10/04/2018 5:52 am
ScarletBox
No, it won't be modded. We don't want players to download additional things. We want to make players to feel highest comfortable when they play Wellandel. So just filling in IP and join to play is the goal!
10/01/2018 3:19 pm
ScarletBox
Let's call it a day! A significant progress made newbie React web developer (me)! XD Now we are developing a web application to support team members!
@Wellandel
#WellandelProject
09/28/2018 6:52 am
ScarletBox
It's worth waiting! Here are big updates from #WellandelProject! We upgraded mountains and changed them to canyons. More villages were built and in WIP. Now we are recruiting many #Minecraft builders! @Wellandel

09/24/2018 3:08 pm
ScarletBox
Our React single page application (SPA) looks so cute. Took me almost whole day to integrate it into JavaEE project and. Well, the most challenged part is finding good file structure that fit both 2 different
projects! XD @Wellandel #WellandelProject
09/24/2018 5:07 am
ScarletBox
Soon in few days, I hope to find some cool screenshots of #WellandelProject updates ready for you guys! ^_^
09/24/2018 5:06 am
ScarletBox
Back-end of WISE is enough good to do basic save/load quest information to/from database. Next thing is displaying its JSON on front-end in fancy way. Now I am looking into how to use React/Redux but I will try
to work on them without using Node.js. @Wellandel #WellandelProject
09/16/2018 10:17 am
ScarletBox
I drew this poster 2 years ago but didn't have chance to use it officially yet so. I think it's a good time to use it here.
09/02/2018 1:04 pm
Level 23 Expert Button Pusher
CrazyChicken1
How come you responded to Galachd within 1 hour and you haven't responded to me or zatharel who have Submitted our applications 2 and respectively 1 day ago?
09/03/2018 3:17 am
Level 44 Master Sweetheart
Zatharel
probably just busy :p
09/03/2018 7:54 am
CrazyChicken1
Yeah, she/he is, she/he stated so, but still ... wasn't your application sent before Galachd's?

Anyways ... I am not trying to blame anyone, I know what a busy schedule can mean.
09/02/2018 7:06 am
Level 44 Master Sweetheart
Zatharel
sent a writer app about 2 days ago
09/09/2018 10:48 am
ScarletBox
Just reminder, I sent friend request on Discord. Interview preparation was finished.
09/07/2018 7:58 am
ScarletBox
Thank you for your interest. I will work on preparation for interview in this weekend.
09/01/2018 11:15 am
CrazyChicken1
Hello !
Still Looking for a builder?
I have left minecraft a while ago when I kinda drifted away from my MC friend. I was a builder on multiple servers on which sadly had bad management and didn't come out. My discord name and tag are respectively ChickenCluckCluck and #7485. As for building skills, you can review some of my very old builds on my PMC page, and the latest builds (Roughly 1 year ago) which are not on PMC can be sent through discord after you contact me.  
I don't know when I am available though. Not tomorrow, as I am celebrating my birthday (Unless I have a bit of time at the computer). Just try contacting me when you can.

P.S: Can I also apply as a writer? I love writing and I believe I can make interesting plots. I would be willing to build my own locations (From the story).

-Best regards, Matt, 14 years old (Tomorrow :P)

Edit: I have sent a writer application and currently starting a builder one as well.
Edit 2: Also sent the Builder application.
ScarletBox
Thank you for your interest. I will work on preparation in this weekend.
09/01/2018 8:25 am
Level 39 Artisan Architect
INSTANTOUT
I was looking around and i don't know how i got here...

But great job on the thread! As much as i would love to join, I can't.

Lost my way on Minecraft and building need to find the reasons to build again.

that and increase my building style xD. Well EMERALD!
09/09/2018 10:49 am
ScarletBox
Thank you very much for supporting! :D
10/04/2018 9:10 pm
Level 39 Artisan Architect
INSTANTOUT
I did have a question... (working so now replying).

is there an ip or place to see and look around?

I was very much interested in joining and looking.
10/04/2018 11:25 pm
ScarletBox
For more information of join and having a tour in our server, please contact me in Discord. My Discord ID is ScarletBox#5001. I may response late because I'm very busy. Anyway, I hope to see you there!
08/31/2018 1:03 pm
Level 1 New Miner
Galachd
Hello, I would like to apply to be a builder. I have six years of Minecraft experience. I am still a rookie builder though. My discord username is GalactitronHD and my tag number is #6474. Here are my available contact times (EST):
Monday: 2:15 PM to 10 PM
Tuesday - Thursday: 11: 20 AM to 10 PM
Friday - Sunday: 6 AM - 10 PM
ScarletBox
Heya, I'm sorry for super late response. I will work on preparation for interview in this weekend.
08/31/2018 1:14 pm
ScarletBox
Received! Thank you very much for your interest. I have been so busy now and will find time to contact you for interview within 3-4 days!
08/18/2018 3:15 am
ScarletBox
Farm village is being upgraded!! We are giving life to all buildings and now they won't look plain and dull anymore! The village won't stop growing any time soon lol. Annnddd the big mining mountain in background is being upgraded too! @Wellandel #WellandelProject #Minecraft

Note: We are still recruiting many positions!

08/12/2018 12:46 pm
ScarletBox
We now start using Trello for managing all TASKs (yes, just only tasks) and we start using this with all builders first. This is the big step of task management for Wellandel Studios. Be proud everyone!!! @Wellandel #WellandelProject #Minecraft

08/10/2018 1:57 pm
ScarletBox
More buildings, more detailed terrains and more trees! We made prototypes of train, ruins and other. Buildings start to take its place on land and the island starts to take it shape!! @Wellandel #WellandelProject #Minecraft

08/03/2018 10:40 pm
ScarletBox
We are preparing training program to help everyone that wants to be better builder get to new level of skill. Now it is in development. You can see more detail in this thread. Thank you so much for your interests and feedback! ^_^

www.planetminecraft.com/forums/minecraft/teams/you-ll-be-pro-learn-to-build-bet-575129/
07/31/2018 1:14 pm
ScarletBox
It is amazing! What will you do when you want to do both terraforming and marking areas in one go? We overcome this challenge by developing a genius way using 3D printer concept to print whole island! This new method save a lot times!! :D @Wellandel #WellandelProject #Minecraft

07/23/2018 12:23 pm
ScarletBox
So we have brainstormed about story idea for our comic. Wait, we didn't find the name for comic yet lol. @Wellandel #WellandelProject #Comic #Minecraft

Note: We are recruiting graphic design for making magazine and other art stuff!
07/19/2018 4:00 pm
ScarletBox
We started working on next island group. Today is so special!!! Today we kicked start our new project "Wellandel Insignts" Magazine to help us communicate with everyone inside and outside team easier! More updates are coming! @Wellandel #WellandelProject #Minecraft
07/16/2018 1:19 am
ScarletBox
It's hard to believe!!! We rookies only spent a month to make this amazing floating island group. We are developing culture to be open minded and take difficulties as challenges. Today, we are scaling up our first success!! @Wellandel #WellandelProject #Minecraft

07/11/2018 2:13 pm
ScarletBox
Oooohhh the floating island group is getting busy! Most buildings are finished. Big polishing work!!! We love miners so we planned for cave system. Will update more! I'm super excited now, can't wait to cerebrate our success together soon! @Wellandel #WellandelProject #Minecraft

We are recruiting a lot more builders still. We have plenty of works to keep all builders busy for weeks! Also developers, we have tons of work to keep you busy for months lol. Hope to see you guys soon! Feel free to contact me on Discord, my ID is ScarletBox#5001

07/07/2018 5:24 pm
ScarletBox
Many builders joined to team few days ago. We made loads of new houses, defensive airship station and the *over-detailed* airship lol. The town is more lively. Making sure all builders have tasks on hands are more challenged. It's good news! @Wellandel #WellandelPoject #Minecraft

We are recruiting many position, especially builders and developers!

07/05/2018 12:52 am
ScarletBox
Just some fun update, we are adding fun atmosphere to the map! XD Festival area is being build! We are recruiting a lot rookie builders!

07/04/2018 3:16 pm
ScarletBox
Many layouts of building are being replaced with real buildings, more and more! We are adding loads of new layouts on airship island or we will run out of tasks for builders lol. It is good thing! We are recruiting many rookies still! #WellandelProject @Wellandel #Minecraft

07/04/2018 12:47 am
ScarletBox
(**Old screenshot**) The town is starting to take its shape, we recently welcomed new 4 rookie builders. Everyone in server is working so fast, very enjoy and and talkative! With this rate of production, we have to find more works for our builder team soon lol #Minecraft #WellandelProject

06/30/2018 2:29 pm
ScarletBox
Such great progress made within few days, we integrated the building in the air back to its original place after we finished terraforming. It blended to the environment very well! #Minecraft #WellandelProject

06/30/2018 3:01 am
Level 11 Journeyman Architect
DreamBliss
At the risk of sounding stupid... I am not seeing a server address? I know I would like to look around, get a feel for the place. Is it open to the public, or just potential candidates, or only those on the team, or what? Not sure the proper procedure here, or even if I should ask, so if I am doing something wrong, please let me know.
06/30/2018 5:23 am
ScarletBox
Our server is not released for public yet. So the server IP is revealed to team members and applicants only. I will show you the server in the interview. :)
06/29/2018 5:45 am
ScarletBox
We installed Fast Async WorldEdit (FAWE) plugin to our server. Now working on terraforming, big builds, and other things will be super faster! We are recruiting a lot rookie builders still.

We are welcoming you to work together with us. We will inspire and show you how important you are when you are in very well organized team! Feel free to add me on Discord, my Discord ID is ScarletBox#5001. I hope to talk with you (text chat) on Discord soon! ^_^
06/26/2018 3:33 pm
ScarletBox
Here is a part of the project we have been working on. The paradise! Well, more trees will be added soon! We are recruiting many motivated rookie builders! #Minecraft Join us now!

06/24/2018 10:25 am
ScarletBox
Here is great news! We installed WorldEdit and VoxelSniper plugins for you in trial world. Now you can show your highest skill on both building and terraforming. If you don't have place to build for making application to join us, now you can build in our server! Hope to see you guys to show your skill and build the builder team together soon! :D
06/23/2018 2:30 pm
ScarletBox
Not sure if we have gone too far in the first night of build team but
the sense of great teamwork has been made! Love you guys! <3 @Wellandel #Minecraft

We are recruiting many rookies! My Discord ID is ScarletBox#5001. See ya guys!

Search

Browse

Site

© 2010 - 2018
planetminecraft.com

Welcome