Wellandel - Immersive and Innovative Story-Driven MMORPG - Recruiting many positions!star

wldscarlet's Avatar wldscarlet1/8/18 1:44 pm history
56 emeralds 11.1k 96
6/28/2020 12:23 pm
wldscarlet's Avatar wldscarlet
Banner

Welcome, everyone! I am Scarlet, the leading representative for this project and the creator of Wellandel Studios; a team of talented Minecraft players eager about constructing a remarkable and original world where anything can happen. We are on the lookout for potential new recruits that would be just as devoted as we are on this project!

What is Wellandel

Wellandel is an immersive, innovative Minecraft MMORPG experience whose core gameplay relies heavily on lore. We intend to integrate well-designed structures/builds, powerful custom plugins, and compelling storytelling to create an all-inclusive, exhilarating, and unforgettable world to offer our players. Players will wander through the world of Wellandel, meeting new people, discovering new places, and experiencing many challenges along the way.

Project Screenshots

Spoiler - Click to reveal

Our Team

The Wellandel team comprises more than 20 members varying from builders to writers. We are a welcoming community that happily greets and interacts with new members. Most of us are in college or have a career, so we work on Wellandel whenever we have free time available.

We work in groups that are each specialized in a particular field. There are game designers, developers, builders, artists, and writers. Each of these groups has a group leader that will coordinate members of that group to function together as efficiently as possible.

Members We are Interested In

Click here to see more!

In order to become a part of the Wellandel team, there are a few prerequisites that you need to have:
  • Wellandel is a project that is made as a team, everyone needs to work together efficiently in their respective groups. We do not want members who will try to make all the decisions themselves without consulting anybody else first. Of course, we are aware of the overflowing talent displayed by each and every new team member. However, you should remain humble as much as possible about it.
  • You should also communicate with your respective group as much as possible, whether it be for scheduling a meeting, reporting progress, or understanding what needs to be done.
  • You are required to remain active. Inactive members will automatically be removed from the team after an extended period of inactivity
  • We do not discriminate, but we are mostly looking for members above the age of 14. We do, however, make exceptions when you are able to display enough maturity and professionalism in your application as well as in your interview.

Available Positions

Game Designer (Open)
>>> Click to fill in the application form

Plugin Developer (Open)

Full-Stack Web Developer (Open)

Builder (Open)

Writer (Open)

Skin Artist (Open)

Recruitment procedure

Click here to see more!

In order to become a fully-fledged member of the Wellandel team, there are a few steps that you need to go through.

First, you need to complete an application form of your desired position. The applications can be found at the very bottom of this post.

Next, you need to wait for one of our scouts to review and reply to your application, telling you whether your application has been accepted or whether it has been denied.

When your application has been accepted, you will be asked a desired time and date for an interview. During the interview, the group leader of your chosen position will be asking you questions to make sure that you are indeed what we are looking for.

Once you pass the interview, you will become a probationary member, meaning that you will be imposed a tryout period of 2-3 weeks, depending on the situation. During that time, your group leader will give you work as if you were a fully-fledged member, so it will not make a difference for you. After the tryout time is over, you will either be accepted as a new member and denied.

If you get denied during any of the 4 stages, you will have to wait 2 weeks before sending in a new application. If you do not wait before reapplying, any application you send from that point on will be ignored and all possibility of joining the team will be lost.

If you have any thought or some ideas to improve our recruitment thread or any question about our project, feel free to ask us in reply. We will answer as soon as possible!
wldscarlet
Retired Moderator
Level 76 : Legendary Sweetheart

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/28/2020 12:23 pm
wldscarlet
Recruiting position update:
  • Builder (Open!) --> We are recruiting many builders!
  • Plugin Developer (Closed)
  • Game Designer (Full)
  • Full-Stack Web Developer (Full)
  • Writer (Full)
Application form:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeVppXrgFlIsRXVQs1I4KCF8Q-BYP2YfZ2vAXk4c4o7sVHMXw/viewform
04/27/2020 2:47 pmhistory
wldscarlet
Wellandel MMORPG Project update on April 28th:

We are building an introduction archipelago for one of 5 playable races. The giant floating archipelago was finished and now we are planning building styles. There are like at least 20-30 buildings and a lot of trees to be built (few big forests). So, we are recruiting many builders! :D

Beside that building project area, in the area of game design, we refreshed many of our game designs and almost got started from the ground up. We finished designing player profile and character profile. Now we are designing combat system (classes, skills, weapons and more related things). Designing skill is really fun to he honest. However, the real challenging part will be balancing all skills and weapons. We have strong believe that balancing them won't be that much challenging task if we can turn all of them into numbers. Yep, that will be about defining formulas to help us balance them.

Woo! There are so much more to go!

-Scarlet
The founder and project manager of Wellandel
@wldscarlet

Recruiting position update:
  • Plugin Developer (Open!)
  • Builder (Open!) --> We need many builders!
  • Game Designer (Full)
  • Full-Stack Web Developer (Full)
  • Writer (Full)
Application form:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeVppXrgFlIsRXVQs1I4KCF8Q-BYP2YfZ2vAXk4c4o7sVHMXw/viewform

Wellandel - The Innovative and Immersive Story-driven MMORPG built in Minecraft
02/21/2020 2:33 amhistory
wldscarlet
Hiya! We are recruiting more writers!

(Other positions are open too!)

Project progress:
We finished planning foundations (world, storyline, important characters, places, artifacts, etc) of the story that could allow us to expand it long for years. Now we are developing story introduction specialized for each race (players can choose race to play). After we finish the introductions, we will start working on first story arc!

Other areas of project development have been progressing well too!

Position: Story Writer

- 14 years or older
- Able to cooperate in groups or teams and handle constructive criticism
- Contribute creative ideas and inputs
- Knowledge on how to develop stories and lore
- Able to communicate and respond in a timely manner

If you have any question, feel free to ask away here or directly message me on Discord.
My Discord ID is wldscarlet#5001
01/20/2020 11:47 pmhistory
wldscarlet
New recruiting position!

We are making many digital arts for our landing website. We recently finished an art project and would like to speed up our production. We are willing to share tips and tricks to help you be better artist!

Position: Concept Artist

Qualification:
- 14 years old or older
- Can sketch concept art (sketch) on paper or on drawing program using provided concept or reference pictures
- Creative and initiative
- Willing to improve your drawing skill
- Effective communication on Discord and can response to any message within 24 hours.

May this be your opportunity to improve yourself and a place to nurture your passion! 😊
01/05/2020 10:40 pm
wldscarlet
I have been searching for an artist who can work on shadow and light well, to work together on arts for Wellandel Project. We have sketch artist and digital painting artist here, but none any of us is good at shadow and light. Feel free to ask if you have any question or curiosity! :D
11/15/2019 9:06 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Magical Girl
BIO
death is punishable by necromancy here on planet minecraft
11/16/2019 11:09 pm
wldscarlet
Thank you for reviving the thread! :D
11/18/2019 12:08 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Magical Girl
BIO
ofc :)!
07/10/2019 12:11 amhistory
wldscarlet
We are recruiting skin artists and writers!
**Apply here!** http://bit.ly/joinwellandel

If you have any question, feel free to ask in here or direct message to me. My Discord ID is wldscarlet#5001.

06/18/2019 12:27 amhistory
wldscarlet
We are looking for front-end web developer.

Responsibility description:
We created all main elements for our website and we need someone to fine tune them to make the website has good looking. The design of website (wireframe) is ready. So you don't need to think a lot, just make the website looks like the wireframe.

Requirement:
- Good at using CSS
- Knowing how to work on Laravel is advantage.
- You need to be very active because the founder of this project will do her best to get things moving.
- Dare to take the challenges. (Just don't fear of them and we will overcome them together!)
- You can invest your time with us at least 5 hours per week.
- 15+ years old

Your working environment:
- We have our source code repository (Gitlab)
- Very organized team chat channels (Discord)
- Very organized team documents (Google Drive)
- Very flexible team and managers
- (International) team made of passionate people from around the world (Asia, America, Europe, and Pacific)

Have a question? Feel free to message me on Discord (ID: wldscarlet#5001) anytime from 8:30 AM - 10:30 PM UTC+7.
06/01/2019 6:17 am
Level 1 : New Miner
OOMasterOO
Hello,

I'm here because i want to join your team and i see that you are a very professional build team, so i wanted to join.
05/16/2019 2:20 pmhistory
wldscarlet
It's super long time that we didn't post any update about project and team development!

We strengthen the team and project with new visions that cover from product and customer experience designings to business model and revenue generation. And to make sure that Wellandel will have enough long story that can continuously progress for years (like "One Piece" manga), we then re-designed the lore. It now supports the ideas of races, factions, leading parties of influencing characters and super flexible world. Many designs of game features will be revised. Now we are designing stats which is the first design of all game features, and soon it will be influenced by races system.

About the team development, time has taught us that nobody can be available and have time to invest in the project forever. Most of us are students, except myself and some of us already have jobs. We recently revived Trello to be the center of task management. However, using more standards to ensure the quality and communication in work requires more manpower to handle them. Ridiculously, we never have enough members to work on the project, though we have 23 members in team already. We are still looking more to fill in.

It looks like we almost start from zero in the term of project execution but now we have very clear visions that will light up the "correct" path of project and team developments. It will be exciting for sure!

Anyway,
Wellandel is 4 years old yesterday (May 15th).

Without strong faith in the project and contributions from everyone, the project won't have survived to these days.
Everyone has dreams and I hope that this home Wellandel will be a place to help you to achieve that.
Everyone's effort is counted and your actions change the Wellandel.
Though the development is slow but we will surely succeed, together.

I thank you everyone for being a part of this great journey. :)
04/15/2019 12:49 am
wldscarlet
We are recruiting all positions, especially game designer!
03/17/2019 11:34 pm
wldscarlet
I changed my Discord ID, now it's wldscarlet#5001. Feel free to add me if you have any question or just ask here! :)
03/05/2019 11:37 pm
Level 23 : Expert Crafter
Extre
Can you describe what a designer does?
03/06/2019 9:27 am
wldscarlet
Yes, here is description of what is game designer:

"A game designer is a member of the team who is in charge of designing game features. The design process includes coming up with various game ideas, exploring how those ideas would fit within the theme, what is already present and overall feel of the game, and finally, creating a theoretical implementation for those ideas in ways that fit within all the criteria named above."
03/05/2019 4:05 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Artist
Evoken
Good luck guys ^^
03/06/2019 9:28 am
wldscarlet
Thank you! :)
03/05/2019 12:10 am
wldscarlet
Hello! We are recruiting more 2 game designers.
02/03/2019 7:27 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Artist
ArtifactHunter
Is a program like Skype required for communication, or can in-game chat be used to talk to your respective groups?
02/19/2019 11:08 am
wldscarlet
We use Discord for team chat. Sorry for late response.
02/02/2019 12:26 pm
Level 26 : Expert uwu
Frug_go
Interesting. Good luck!
02/19/2019 11:08 am
wldscarlet
Thank you!
02/01/2019 6:48 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
zXKing
I've applied! But I've also noticed that the form has changed. Do I need to re-apply?
02/02/2019 12:15 pm
wldscarlet
No need to reapply again. We received your application, thank you for you interest!
01/22/2019 11:41 amhistory
wldscarlet
Now we are recruiting all positions below:
- Game Designer
- Plugin Developer
- Full-Stack Web Developer
- Builder
01/04/2019 11:42 am
wldscarlet
Hello everyone!
Happy New Year 2019!
We are strengthening our foundations to make good move on project development.
11/21/2018 11:35 am
Level 45 : Master Blockhead
EJCash
Wow, this project seems very impressive! I look forward to seeing the end product some day!
11/22/2018 11:29 pmhistory
wldscarlet
Thank you! :D
Glad to see you around, Cash! ^_^
11/20/2018 1:53 am
wldscarlet
We are recruiting many plugin developers!
11/12/2018 12:29 pmhistory
wldscarlet
Update: Added 5 project screenshots to the post.
We are recruiting many positions!
- Plugin Developer (4 positions available)
- Builder (20 positions available)
- Writer (1 position available)

For any builder that is new to building, we also have academy to help you get into building easier. Add me ScarletBox#5001 to talk about joining to the academy or whatever question you have in mind! :D
11/06/2018 11:05 pm
wldscarlet
We are recruiting a lot builders!
City planner has higher chance to be accepted!
11/04/2018 5:35 am
wldscarlet
We are recruiting a lot builders, especially city planner!
10/18/2018 4:16 amhistory
wldscarlet
Hello everyone! Now we are open for "Partner Builders". You can just join and start building together with us with simple steps:

1. Join Discord server below
2. Mention @Scarlet in Discord server that you want to be partner
3. Scarlet will contact you in private message and whitelist you in server then you can start working!

You can join to our Discord server via this link:
https://discord.gg/AwEUPrt

10/17/2018 12:43 am
Level 1 : New Network
Wellandel
Now we have an official account for Wellandel Project on PlanetMinecraft!
www.planetminecraft.com/member/wellandel/

10/05/2018 11:32 am
wldscarlet
Thank you for applying! We are interviewing 2 writers today!
Anyway, we are recruiting all positions! :D
10/04/2018 5:53 amhistory
wldscarlet
A little update about Wellandel project. We are developing a web application to help writers add quests in Wellandel server without requesting developers effort.

10/02/2018 1:40 am
Level 1 : New Miner
jinwooee1
Is the server going to be modded when it is finished? Because I suggest you look into valkyrien's warfare mod, even though the mod is unstable right now it fits your server theme perfectly. Anyways, great work and I hope it turns out great :)
10/04/2018 5:52 am
wldscarlet
No, it won't be modded. We don't want players to download additional things. We want to make players to feel highest comfortable when they play Wellandel. So just filling in IP and join to play is the goal!
10/01/2018 3:19 pm
wldscarlet
Let's call it a day! A significant progress made newbie React web developer (me)! XD Now we are developing a web application to support team members!
@Wellandel
#WellandelProject
09/28/2018 6:52 am
wldscarlet
It's worth waiting! Here are big updates from #WellandelProject! We upgraded mountains and changed them to canyons. More villages were built and in WIP. Now we are recruiting many #Minecraft builders! @Wellandel

09/24/2018 3:08 pm
wldscarlet
Our React single page application (SPA) looks so cute. Took me almost whole day to integrate it into JavaEE project and. Well, the most challenged part is finding good file structure that fit both 2 different
projects! XD @Wellandel #WellandelProject
09/24/2018 5:07 amhistory
wldscarlet
Soon in few days, I hope to find some cool screenshots of #WellandelProject updates ready for you guys! ^_^
09/24/2018 5:06 am
wldscarlet
Back-end of WISE is enough good to do basic save/load quest information to/from database. Next thing is displaying its JSON on front-end in fancy way. Now I am looking into how to use React/Redux but I will try
to work on them without using Node.js. @Wellandel #WellandelProject
09/02/2018 1:04 pm
Level 28 : Expert Button Pusher
CrazyChicken1
How come you responded to Galachd within 1 hour and you haven't responded to me or zatharel who have Submitted our applications 2 and respectively 1 day ago?
09/03/2018 3:17 am
Level 49 : Master Sweetheart
Zatharel
probably just busy :p
09/03/2018 7:54 amhistory
Level 28 : Expert Button Pusher
CrazyChicken1
Yeah, she/he is, she/he stated so, but still ... wasn't your application sent before Galachd's?

Anyways ... I am not trying to blame anyone, I know what a busy schedule can mean.
09/02/2018 7:06 am
Level 49 : Master Sweetheart
Zatharel
sent a writer app about 2 days ago
09/09/2018 10:48 am
wldscarlet
Just reminder, I sent friend request on Discord. Interview preparation was finished.
09/07/2018 7:58 amhistory
wldscarlet
Thank you for your interest. I will work on preparation for interview in this weekend.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome