Feedback Please?

EmeraldEclipse's Avatar EmeraldEclipse8/14/15 11:10 am
1 emeralds 441 4
8/14/2015 3:21 pm
Ene's Avatar Ene
^^

Hello! I'm Emerald, and I make skins! However, these skins aren't all that great, but I'm nor sure how to improve. Can somebody please look at my skins and tell me what I can do better please? I've definitely gotten better since my first (Incredibly awful) skin, but I seem to be stuck in a rut of sorts, and don't want to add to the sea of poorly shaded, generic skins.

Thanks in advance,

~Emerald
EmeraldEclipse
Level 23 : Expert Dolphin

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/14/2015 3:21 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Technomancer
Ene
I think your skins look wonderful for someone who is first starting out! A few minor changes you can make would be lowering the eyes one or two pixels down and then making the bangs longer to cover the forehead. They're very high up on the face. You should also follow through on the sides to make them flow better.
Color wise, it looks like you're using the darken / lighten tool, which makes the colors look kind of sad. I would recommend hue shifting. Here's a helpful tutorial on hue shifting and palette making: http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/1000-subscriber-special-color-theory-101-hue-shifting-palettes-and-stuff/

You should look for skinners that you like and take inspiration from them. Examine their skins, find what you like, and utilize that. Obviously, you shouldn't completely copy them, but just use them as inspiration.

Skinning is hard, and you shouldn't let anyone discourage you. Like that guy calling you a "nub". Keep in mind that we all started somewhere and everyone is always improving. You may not get this stuff just right the first time you try, so try again and again and don't give up. Hopefully this helped just a little. I'm not good at giving advice lmao
08/14/2015 1:42 pm
EmeraldEclipse
"nub"? Do you mean "Noob"?
08/14/2015 1:00 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Button Pusher
Xwy
I nub at skins.
08/14/2015 12:57 pm
EmeraldEclipse
Bumpily bump bump Mcbump