Grayscale to Color

PixelFury's Avatar PixelFury12/8/17 12:44 pm
1 emeralds 241 4
12/8/2017 8:26 pm
Chiaroscuro's Avatar Chiaroscuro
So after watching some videos on painting in grayscale and then adding color with overlays I was wondering does any one use the same method when skinning? If so what programs do you like to use for using this method (MCSkin3D, Gimp, Photoshop) and/or how do you feel about working with colors this way?
PixelFury
Level 43 : Master Pixel Painter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/08/2017 4:19 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Procrastinator
Thymph
Try GIMP or Paint.net if you want to edit the file directly, for 3D editing i really dont know what to use
12/08/2017 12:54 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Ladybug
Chiaroscuro
I can't really comment about skins but as someone who has made a resource pack, I've used this to get similar textures from one block to another (like getting the Stone Brick pattern on Nether Brick). I'm sure it's possible in Photoshop but I've been using GIMP. You just have to be careful with it because it'll always turn out darker and slightly more washed out than your overlay color.
12/08/2017 8:20 pm
Level 43 : Master Pixel Painter
PixelFury
So far I haven't been having problem with the results turning out darker just only as stated by several artists that when adding the color with an overlay layer the colors will appear dull.
12/08/2017 8:26 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Ladybug
Chiaroscuro
Darker, duller, we might be talking about the same thing. It might also be because I use grain merge to overlay textures because my overlays aren't solid colors.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome