Hey need a little bit of help with MC offline

Zalnot's Avatar Zalnot4/29/18 3:23 pm
1 emeralds 120 4
4/29/2018 4:51 pm
craftykids's Avatar craftykids
You see I just recently started a YouTube channel and I was going to play a modded survival on it. However most of my recording is going to be done while I am offline. I have a custom skin that i like to use only thing is I cant figure out how to get it to work offline I know I can't simply go to skin options and change it for what ever reason, I found someone on here who had said you could rename your skin to alex.png then rename another copy of it to steve.png then extract the version files and remove the original Steve and Alex files and insert your own and it should work but when I did that to my version 1.12 files it would no longer launch and I was forced to delete and re download it lucky I am using 1.8.9 for my play through. Anyways if anyone knows of any mods that let me use my skin offline that are reliable and have a 1.8.9 version or can leave a simple step by step guide on how to replace the files properly it would be much appreciated
Zalnot
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

04/29/2018 4:51 pmhistory
Level 52 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
craftykids
It would probably be better to use a resource pack than to replace the files in the JAR. To do that you can:
  • Create a folder in your resourcepacks folder. Give it whatever name you want the resource pack to have. It'll be the resource pack's root folder.

• Inside the root folder, create a plain text file named pack.mcmeta (make sure that's its actual full name and that there isn't a hidden ".txt" extension or anything), and put this text in it:{ "pack": { "pack_format": 1, "description": "The default look of Minecraft" }}

• Put alex.png and steve.png in <root folder>/assets/minecraft/textures/entity

You should then be able to select the resource pack in-game and have the skins change, assuming my instructions were clear enough. :-P
04/29/2018 4:16 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Network
thunderbolt73
Is there any chance you are forgetting to click the 'save' button under 'save and upload' in the launcher before launching? If you do not do this, it wont work.

If you replace alex.png/steve.png, that will work, but only you will be able to see it.
04/29/2018 3:49 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Zalnot
oh yeah if you have any mods you think would be good feel free to post them. all i ask is that you make sure their compatible with 1.8.9 and they cant be to op. also if they require any other mods to work be sure to put those in as well. I already have tinkers construct, plus TiC, biomes o plenty moo fluids chisel and bits, chisel ender io, ender zoo, ender core (required fore ender io and ender zoo if you didnt know), malasis doors decocraft andvanced generators, fast leaf decay, botania, baubles, storage drawers, and a few others
04/29/2018 4:17 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Network
thunderbolt73
One of my favorite mods for survival is "minecraft comes alive"
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome