Minecraftskins.net?

Luminescent's Avatar Luminescent8/9/16 4:14 pm
1 emeralds 1.3k 12
8/14/2016 11:48 am
JediJerboa's Avatar JediJerboa
Forgive me if there's another thread about this. There's a site called minecraftskins.net and I see a lot of PMC members' skins on there. Credit is given it seems, but do the original creators give permission for their skins to be posted on that site? And if someone didn't want their skin to be posted on there, there doesn't seem to be a way to report. Just curious about this whole thing.
Luminescent
Level 38 : Artisan Strawberry

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/14/2016 11:48 am
Level 36 : Artisan Pokemon
JediJerboa
As someone who used to be on Skindex (for only short time tho), I can tell you I'm glad to be posting my skins on PMC. There were a lot of issues with skin theft, and it's not a fun thing to deal with. And yeah, the majority of the skins on there were teen skins. Also, Skindex's skin creator has so many problems, it's not even worth trying to make a skin on it anymore. Especially crashing. But I still remember it having a report system, no matter how bad it was.

Also, minecraftskins.net is alright, I guess. Again, more teen skins than anything else. But I use this skin creator, but I do not have an account on it due my experience on Skindex. At least this site has an actual color selecting tool. But again, I haven't seen too much in the way of stealing, but I bet it happens more often than it does on PMC.

So what I'm trying to say is that neither of these sites are my favorite. I never post anything on these sites, for fear they will be stolen. But on here, I don't worry about it, as all PMC skins are credited, even if they came from another site. And if they aren't, then the moderators are hunting you down.
08/14/2016 12:49 am
Level 46 : Master Toast
Johnathon
both websites = bad
08/13/2016 11:45 pm
Level 27 : Expert Network
Pines
most people here have accounts there?

most teen skinners here have accounts there*
08/14/2016 7:30 am
Level 28 : Expert Princess
Aesthicc
Yea. I mixed up "minecraftskins.net" with "minecraftskins.com" derp.

But thanks for the unneeded input pines, would it be better if I was a child skinner? do you prefer the term, I'm sorry there are people who are teenage and make skins!! How annoying of them! what gives them the right to do what they want!!
08/14/2016 7:48 am
Level 27 : Expert Network
Pines
I don't know if this is supposed to be pure irony but the term "teen skinner" refers to those people that make skins with the deformed and large eyes on the bottom of the head of a skin

Sorry if I can't tell, I'm only 9
08/14/2016 8:03 am
Aesthicc
Whatever you meant when referring to "teen skinners" was still totally unneeded, clearly, you haven't tried using skindex and haven't been involved with the amazing group of people that use it. (Also I totally see how my posts are unneeded, this post wasn't even about skindex, I'll shut up now)
08/09/2016 4:28 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
In my experience, people usually don't give other people permission to post their skins. In the case that there's no report button on those sites, it's best to send the link to the skin to the original creator in case they didn't know a site is distributing their work. If the person is okay with it or confirms that the account it was posted on is theirs, then no further action is needed, but if they're not then they can proceed to take action regarding their content being distributed without their permission.
08/09/2016 4:24 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Pokemon
Xeltia
Most of the skinners on here have accounts on there, so its probably just them posting on there aswell :3
08/13/2016 11:50 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Pokemon
Luis
There aren't accounts on that site, you're thinking of minecraftskins.com, not .net, however Skindex is still full of stolen skins and they have little to no moderation

Onto MinecraftSkins.net, they are taken without permission by the site's administration, here's one they took from me for example, and while some don't mind having their skins reposted, others find it incredibly annoying
08/09/2016 4:43 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Strawberry
Luminescent
There doesn't seem to be an account creation option to my knowledge
08/09/2016 5:39 pm
Aesthicc
On skindex? On the top right corner, it says "sign up" or "login" a lot of PMC members do use skindex but I'd say half of the skins you'd see would be stolen. There is a report button on the bottom on the skin but normally the skindex community gets to it before the creator even notice it's been uploaded (we're kinda hype vigilante over it as there're no real moderators on the site).
08/13/2016 11:24 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Skinner
Turbo Soggy
I believe we are talking about http://www.minecraftskins.net/
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome