PBL S4 Week 3: MusatheLegend vs. Knightsabers

Knightsundere's Avatar Knightsundere5/24/14 6:19 am
5/26/2014 9:54 am
sewa101's Avatar sewa101
Gah, did this twice now because of a page error. Anyways, vote for your favorite skin in this weeks PBL battle, where I'm up against the legendary(rightfullly so) MewsatheLegend.

Musa's Hog Rider: http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/hog-rider-pbl/

Knight's Whack Knight: http://www.planetminecraft.com/skin/whack-knight-whiteblack-see-what-i-did-there-pbl-s4-w3/

Kthxbai

Poll ended 05/27/2014 6:19 am.

Knightsundere
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/26/2014 9:54 am
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Narwhal
sewa101
Musa, your skin would've won if it wasn't so flat..sorry knight. It looked unrealistic.
05/25/2014 6:14 pm
Level 56 : Grandmaster Necromancer
MusaTheLegend
Congratulations Knight.
05/25/2014 10:48 pm
Knightsundere
Don't say that You still have 11 hours.
05/24/2014 6:15 pm
Level 25 : Expert Cowboy
Aethroz
Posted my judgment.
Vote: Knight
Very disappointed in both.
05/24/2014 7:23 pm
MusaTheLegend
Expand on it, please.
05/24/2014 7:46 pm
Aethroz
Read post on Page 1.
05/24/2014 5:48 pm
Level 15 : Journeyman Artist
PlacedObsidian
Whack night
05/24/2014 5:42 pm
Level 28 : Expert Archer
Katalisa
I respect Fanjawi's choice. He doesn't mind who has the better skin, he is voting on who he wants to face, or who he wants others to face. It makes complete sense, however I do not do "PBL" just because I find my talents aren't as great as others, and honestly, they aren't, but anyways, he has a perfect excuse as I'd say to vote who he pleases, even if he randomly votes, it still is voting.

Edit; By him saying this, he is giving us the opportunity to change the outcome of this season.
05/24/2014 5:21 pm
Level 21 : Expert Dragonborn
Fanjawi
Dragon, you don't understand the why I did it. There is no rule in the PMC rules or whatever stating "Only vote for the skin that you think is better." Vote whatever skin you want.

Let me tell you this, son.. life is a strategy game. You have to plan ahead and think of your decisions very carefully.
05/24/2014 4:21 pm
MusaTheLegend
PrototypeTheta
Also just noticed Musa's skin skipped leg day.

What? Leg day?
05/24/2014 4:14 pm
Level 44 : Master uwu
Tastycat
My Vote goes to Knightsabers. I really loved how he used the palette and 1.7 body bits.
05/24/2014 4:08 pm
Level 77 : Legendary Robot
PrototypeTheta
Hog rider is from clash of clans, just saiyan.
About as original as each other.

Also just noticed Musa's skin skipped leg day.

Also am I the only one who feels people are about to start treating robot skins like teen skins?
05/24/2014 3:28 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Wolf Whisperer
Disnowball
I like clash of clans

I like Nutella too
05/24/2014 3:18 pm
Level 28 : Expert Archer
Katalisa
My reason behind voting for Knightsabers is, I really love these kinds of 1.7+ format usage, to make the skin look bumpy, and sort of alive in a way. His skin has great colors, but also a great theme, and I must give that to him, yes Musa, your skin is also great, however It isn't very good on idea, a hog rider being a character from a game, and his being this strange knight, that isn't just a single knight, but two different skins combined into the one 1.7+ formatting. Which I think he has done this very nicely.
05/24/2014 2:43 pm
Fanjawi
At the end, I am gonna lose in the semi finals, yes, I do know that.

And I feel like I should lose to Knight, so I can say that the best of the best, the TWO time champion kicked me out, because.. sorry Musa, but I think uPro will defeat you if you guys reach the final.

I'm just being honest here.
05/24/2014 3:41 pm
Level 76 : Legendary Button Pusher
DragonsDungeon
I personally think this is a very weird reason, I am a huge supporter of not just going for someone just to say you lost to someone good. You said yourself to me that only the wins matter, then why care about who you lose to.

You already sai you found Musa's skin better. So I think you should vote for the skin you like the better instead of who you'd rather "lose" to. No matter who you lose to, you kinda lost to someone that was either lucky or good. If you vote for Musa or Knight and you lose to either of them, the results are kinda the same.
05/24/2014 2:02 pm
Level 23 : Expert Artist
SnowyKaida
Knight, cause I really like the shading, and use of 1.7 skin type.
05/24/2014 1:42 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
WTFshady
AethrozReserved

I'm waiting for it.
05/24/2014 1:41 pm
Aethroz
2D Picture-Musa
3D Model-Knight
Backstory- Slap you both
Originality-Musa, 2tones has been done. Never seen HogRider
Colors-Knight
Shading-Knight
Use of new layer-Knight
Technique-Knight

Overall-Knight

Notes:
Musa-That face is amazing. Easily one of the best faces I've seen on PMC. Definitely one of the most original skins this season. Awesomely done. Now, the shading on the inside of the arms, inside of the legs, bottom of the feet, top of the shoulders, bottom of the body(butt), top of the legs, bottom of the head is all missing. Can't believe you cheapened it that much.... Even a tiny bit of differentiation would have helped so much, but just looking at big squares of the same color, depressing. Expected more from a great skinner such as yourself.
Knight-Sad. Really sad. You had a perfect palette and you tossed it on a 2tone. Amazing shading, great contrast, wonderful implementation of the new layer. But the originality, the effort, none of it was there. Amazing skin, truly great. Not what I had hoped for.
05/25/2014 7:09 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Pixel Puncher
PixelCrash_
Ouch, really harsh on Knightsabers. I'll admit that his isn't the most original but still well done (in my opinion).
05/26/2014 9:06 am
Aethroz
He is an amazing skinner. Truly one of the best I've seen on PMC. This is a skin battle. When two great skinners compete in an battle, I expect their best. I didn't feel either competitor tried their hardest.
Are the skins amazing? Yes.
Could they have been better? Yes
Grats Knight on the win.
05/24/2014 12:57 pm
DragonsDungeon
SpeedyCube
FanjawiSo yeah. Musa has the better skin, but I will vote for Knight because I don't feel like a mod should win this game.

Musa is just a normal person like the rest of us, being a moderator shouldn't change anything .-.

Yeah, it is probably the weirdest reason I've ever heard for voting for someone.

"I like someones skin the best, but I don't think he should win the skin battle."...?
05/24/2014 11:59 am
Level 50 : Grandmaster Blob
Speedy
FanjawiSo yeah. Musa has the better skin, but I will vote for Knight because I don't feel like a mod should win this game.

Musa is just a normal person like the rest of us, being a moderator shouldn't change anything .-.
05/24/2014 10:32 am
Level 25 : Expert Artist
Amgini
Felt as if Knight really fell of this round, where Musa did quite the opposite.

Musa.
05/24/2014 1:59 pm
Knightsundere
Everyone has their off-days. I did this at 2 in the morning e_e thanks for voting tho bae <4
05/24/2014 9:47 am
PixelCrash_
Both are very well done, but I have to go with Knightsabers; I just really like his use of the hat and 1.8 layers. Sorry Musa.
05/24/2014 6:36 am
Level 31 : Artisan Dragonborn
WTFshady
Musa's skin is better in my opinion. He did an amazing and original skin with the palette, not like everyone else who made a robot. I have an advice though: try using more colors, Knight used nearly every color (even though he made 2 skins in 1).
05/24/2014 4:19 pm
PixelCrash_
Admittedly, robots and knights aren't the most original, but I think that Knightsaber's skin has better style and is very different from similar ones.
05/24/2014 6:31 am
Fanjawi
I really dunno.

If I win my match I will face the winner from this one. So yeah. Musa has the better skin, but I will vote for Knight because I don't feel like a mod should win this game.

I know everyone wants to win this, but I'm gonna be happy if I end up in the top 4.

If Knight beats me I'd be happy to say that the TWO, yes, two time champion knocked me out of the game because he is going to win it this season again.
05/24/2014 10:20 am
MusaTheLegend
Wait, what's so bad about a moderator winning..?
05/24/2014 6:28 am
DragonsDungeon
I like musa's a lot. I feel he did a good skin even with restrictions. I like everything a lot on his skin. He made something original and a bit special too, which is why I vote for him. I also think not using every colour gradient worked a lot better
05/24/2014 7:13 am
Level 30 : Artisan Archer
gusgus
^ mhm, i think the full palette lacked contrast
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome