Quick Question: Would you hate me......

Kaos_Kitten's Avatar Kaos_Kitten12/26/18 2:29 pm
1/1/2019 8:41 pm
Koq's Avatar Koq
If I gave you guys new (which is very much Minecraft related) and that I'm very excited about, would you hate me?

I feel like there is a chance I will get bad responses to it, but overall I still want to share the news with you guys. I don't know when I will be able to share the news, but when I can I wanted to see if you guys would let me tell you.

It's something I'm quite proud of and that I really want to share with all of you but naturally I have my fears.

Tl;Dr = Can I tell/show you the exciting news I want to tell you about, without people being rude about it?
Kaos_Kitten
Level 55 : Grandmaster uwu

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/01/2019 8:41 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Koq
I don't even know who u are. ._.
12/28/2018 11:50 amhistory
Level 1 : New Explorer
KatrinaPride
I can't wait to hear the news~ I bet it's super cool!
12/28/2018 11:53 am
Kaos_Kitten
I hope so!!

I can't wait to share the news, other than the fact that I have to for a bit.
12/27/2018 5:47 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Architect
LightlySaltedBuilder
Just post it as a wall post. That way your subscribers, the people who will probably care the most about the news, will get to hear about it. I don't think anyone would hate you for sharing non-minecraft news, most people probably just don't care, which is why I'd recommend a wall post, so you share it with the people who will care more.
12/27/2018 5:58 pm
Kaos_Kitten
It is Minecraft related, very much so and it's something I really want to share with the whole community. It's not only exciting news but also can be inspiring so I want to tell people.

I've decided that I'm going to post it (but still keep this thread up to get a general idea) and post it in a blog. That way if people care or are curious they can see, and if not it's not a problem because they can ignore it.
12/27/2018 6:23 pmhistory
Level 53 : Grandmaster Architect
LightlySaltedBuilder
Oops, I read the post wrong and thought you said it wasn't minecraft related.
12/27/2018 5:11 am
Level 17 : Journeyman Pokemon
Noibat
i don't think people would hate you. though, i understand that fear in general for certain things.
wish you luck either way~~
12/27/2018 9:31 am
Kaos_Kitten
Thank you, quite glad to hear all these positive responses.
12/27/2018 3:48 amhistory
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
InfiniteCorners
The question is too broad to make an informed decision since whether or not news is good or bad depends on its content. With as general as this post is your announcement could be "I hacked the Mojang main servers and now have everyone's account info" or it could be "I just graduated from graphics art school and I'm ready/willing to start taking skin commissions." What has been done usually determines how someone feels about the person who did it so while I don't imagine there are many things someone online could do to make me care enough to hate them, I can't say it wouldn't happen. Obviously, based on the fact this is in the skins section of the forum and the replies you've made so far to other's replies, I don't think you're a hacker and it's much more likely you're a new artist but the announcement itself is very vague and confusing.

An artist is often their own worst critic and anxiety over sharing a creation they like and means a lot to them isn't uncommon. The only real measurement of your work is your level of satisfaction with it. People's appreciation of a creative construct is subjective and I've had just as many paintings I hated and other people liked as I have paintings I liked and other people didn't so I wouldn't consider criticism a good reason to hold back something you're proud of and feel the desire to share- that's the very purpose of art. While I can't be certain what your 'news' is, and the internet's criticism can be far from constructive, I think you should take pride in what you are proud of and not let the rabble of random naysayers distort how you feel about your personal achievements. Without more specifics I can't be more specific but I look forward to seeing what you've done any wish you luck in the critique.
12/27/2018 4:30 am
Kaos_Kitten
Thank you, I'm very glad to say that I'm agreeing with you. My post is quite vague, only due to the fact that I cannot speak about it too much yet but you seem to have picked apart the hints quite well.

I also believe that I should not hide something I'm proud of, because it is generally exciting news.

Thank you so much for the support, I really appreciate it.
12/26/2018 2:44 pm
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Poro
Chabileo
I honestly don't care, and I don't think anyone would hate you ? . .
12/26/2018 2:56 pm
Kaos_Kitten
I'm just scared that it will turn and be like "Why should we care, it's not free" and viewed as self promotion. That's how the internet works they make assumptions a lot and my anxiety makes me terrified of that.

Even if I post it and get hate, seeing the responses here will help me take it better honestly.
12/26/2018 3:41 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Fish
CHorse
Well, good luck with it all!
12/26/2018 5:39 pm
Kaos_Kitten
Thank you!
12/26/2018 5:58 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Fish
CHorse
Mhmm no problemo