Shading help

alan's Avatar alan1/21/15 2:24 am
1 emeralds 614 3
1/30/2015 5:48 pm
StarLawd's Avatar StarLawd
i really need shading help, i'v hit a wall with it, i mean if you could post something or tell me if you like the shading on one of my skin it would really help. i really wanna up my game in shading so please help.
alan
Level 34 : Artisan Pixel Puncher

Create an account or sign in to comment.

01/30/2015 5:48 pm
Level 1 : New Artist
StarLawd
Hi,

i am new to shading to but I have found a really great account with about five blogs on shading!

JUst search Roobus and it will come up
01/21/2015 9:52 pm
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Bunny
Yuki
YukiHere's some stuff that I've typed up for others, it gives tutorials on shading and some extra tips:

Shading:
For as far as I can say with tutorials, I recommend Sneeze7's Where to Shade for when you're starting to begin the shading. After that move on to studying some other skinner's tutorials such as Leostereo's more advanced tutorials. I have uploaded some myself too, but I'm not here to advertise, I'm here to help out. Also while you're at it, check out the_soup's How Not to Shade Arms and Legs blog.

Another method I recommend using is finding skinners you like and studying the way they shade their skins. For example, I would look at where they placed their shadows and highlights on the skin and then attempt to recreate that myself on a new skin. While shading the skin I would alter the style bit by bit and merge it with other people's styles into something that I find to be a good result. If you are to upload any skin using someone else's style, I recommend asking them if it's ok first and then crediting them.

If you ever get stuck on shading or colouring skins, feel free to PM me as I would be happy to help out.

This is what I posted on another thread asking for shading help.
01/21/2015 5:54 am
Level 19 : Journeyman Dragonborn
iedfisjifjwseizjfuse
I'm in basically the same position... :/
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome