What is More Important? [Need Information]

AGMoyer's Avatar AGMoyer10/17/15 4:22 pm
1 emeralds 241 9
10/17/2015 8:09 pm
Azie's Avatar Azie
So I have been creating many skins for a while now and I've had a few personal requests of characters from particular sources that turned out great. My question is...

What is more Important? What skin looks like or where it comes from?

Would like either a staff member to answer or someone who has experience with this same question.

Thanks for Reading!
AGMoyer
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Skinner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/17/2015 7:39 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1389843
[deleted]
10/17/2015 5:40 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Not sure what you're asking here.

We don't care what your skin looks like or what your skill level is. If you have original content (as long as it's appropriate for the site. No Hitler skins, please.), feel free to post it in our Skins section.

When it comes to theft though, that's never tolerated. Please only upload content you made entirely by yourself. That means not to edit/use parts of skins by other people and post them as your own or use parts from sites like SkinCraft or Miner's Need Cool Shoes.
10/17/2015 7:02 pm
AGMoyer
What I mean is what the character depicts, For example the first of a few I wanted to make public represent a character from an adult theme comic. The character is not nude. That is why I asked does it matter where it comes from?
10/17/2015 7:19 pm
Azie
Oh. In that case we care more about your skin specifically. If the character depicted is appropriate in the way the skin looks, it's generally (not always) tolerated. If the back-story isn't appropriate, don't include it in the submission.

Regarding if something is or isn't appropriate, it's generally safer to message a moderator directly and ask about what you want to post and we'll tell you if it's appropriate or not.
10/17/2015 8:03 pm
AGMoyer
Thank you, I do not know who I could've pm specifically so I figured posting is better than Trial and Error.
10/17/2015 8:09 pm
Azie
Any Site Mod, really. I tend to answer my mail within a day (usually within an hour or two), so I could probably tell you if there's no one else on.

www.planetminecraft.com/team
10/17/2015 5:34 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Pixel Painter
craftykids
I'm not quite sure what you're trying to ask, but it doesn't seem like something that would be specifically mentioned in the rules. You can post almost any skin, as long as you drew it all yourself. Style/quality and subject have virtually nothing to do with it, since those factors and their importance are pretty opinion-based. (I say "virtually nothing" because there are a few people/characters that aren't allowed: http://www.planetminecraft.com/rules/#offensive_characters)
10/17/2015 4:52 pm
Level 22 : Expert Network
YTCereal
both, don't you get it?
10/17/2015 5:03 pm
AGMoyer
Both, should not be the answer. Why would both matter? I need an answer relating around rules as they do not actually answer my specific question. So either it doesn't matter either way or the moderators just never put any thought in to it. This is why I need answer from either staff member or someone who has asked this question to staff member.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome