What should i use to make skins ?

DreamWanderer's Avatar DreamWanderer12/16/14 8:28 pm
1 emeralds 1.3k 13
12/19/2014 11:39 am
Reefripz's Avatar Reefripz
Hello all recently i have been looking at skins here on PMC, and i have thought about expanding out from just making builds to making skins as well. I know there is plenty of tutorials out there on how to make skins,but i wanted to know is there a skin making program out there i can use to make skins? that are allowed here on PMC (I think most online skin makers/editors) are not allowed
DreamWanderer
Level 84 : Elite Pegasus

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/19/2014 11:39 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Fisherman
Reefripz
Just use MCSkin3d it works
12/19/2014 11:33 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
PookieSK
Guys just to get this over with. You can steal skins everywhere anytime.
There is always a Download link or whatever once you post it.
Don't want your skins to get stolen? don't make them. Simple as that.
12/19/2014 11:08 am
Level 69 : High Grandmaster Meme
VeryMadCrafter
Paint.NET is my favorite.
12/19/2014 10:04 am
Level 75 : Legendary Gent
Zitzabis
Looking at what people are suggesting at the moment, I should probably remind you of something if you're posting to PMC.

PMCRule 7.6.3 Banned Skinning Programs

Newground's SkinCraft
SkinEdit skin creator
MinersNeedCoolShoes Armoury
The SkinDex skin editor
NovaSkin skin creator
minecraftskins.com skin editor
SkinsProCreator (iOS platform)
12/19/2014 9:50 am
Level 42 : Master Nether Knight
10Andrew
There are a few options. Paril, a moderator (or something like that) of this site has made his own skin creator that works very well. Alternatively, you could use Novaskin which has some great tools.

If you decide to use Novaskin keep in mind that it is kinda frowned upon because it allows people to steal others skins and edit them BUT if you do everything your self then it should be fine

Jex_Infinite
JustShellyThe skindex or Nova skin.

Do not use these. It's easy for your work to get stolen, or for you to steal someone else's work.

It is easy for your work to get stolen on any site including PMC. In fact, as soon as you upload a skin to your in game character it can be stolen so not using a site for that reason is kinda pointless...
12/19/2014 9:15 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Engineer
spacedcadet
I personally sugest http://www.needcoolshoes.com/ as your able to edit the skin on a 3d model, w/ a few nice tools like the mirror tool (mirrors what you do on what side onto the other side). Best part is, you don't have to share it, and it supports 1.8+ skins (full body "hat" layer). No support for 3 pixel arm Alex skins yet though (doesn't bother me at all though). Oh, and it's 100% free.
12/19/2014 9:38 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Prince
Prince Oceanus
Yes, definitely use NeedCoolShoes. It's an amazing skin making program that I used for all of my skins I've made.
12/19/2014 5:27 am
Level 75 : Legendary Gent
Zitzabis
Jex_InfiniteJust use MC Skin3D, or get photoshop. Photoshop is far superior, but costs money (unless you pirate it). MC Skin3D is not as good as photoshop, but you get a preview of what you've done, and it's free.

Photoshop isn't very good with pixel stuff.

I'd recommend either Paint.NET or Gimp. I only ever use Paint.NET and another offline previewer that isn't well known to make my skins.
12/19/2014 4:42 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Sus
Grimdark
The skindex or Nova skin.
12/19/2014 4:50 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Cowboy
Jex_Infinite
Do not use these. It's easy for your work to get stolen, or for you to steal someone else's work.

Just use MC Skin3D, or get photoshop. Photoshop is far superior, but costs money (unless you pirate it). MC Skin3D is not as good as photoshop, but you get a preview of what you've done, and it's free.
12/16/2014 9:42 pm
Level 45 : Master Sheep
ToadDan
Paint.NET for creating, MCSkin3D for viewing.
12/19/2014 2:47 am
Level 82 : Elite Technomancer
Drazile
^^^
it's what i do
12/16/2014 9:40 pm
Level 36 : Artisan Blockhead
Woodilicious
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com