Delete please

Turbo Soggy's Avatar Turbo Soggy8/13/16 11:28 pm history
8/15/2016 1:33 am
Killertoad's Avatar Killertoad
Turbo Soggy
Level 33 : Artisan Skinner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

08/14/2016 10:10 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Magical Girl
DestructionE
Just going to point out that the skin that OP linked to has apparently been removed.
08/14/2016 10:13 pm
Turbo Soggy
It was just a steve skin with a shading template over it.
08/14/2016 10:16 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Magical Girl
DestructionE
And it has been removed.
08/14/2016 10:29 pm
Turbo Soggy
It was up for 5 years until I reported it.
08/14/2016 10:07 pm
Level 55 : Grandmaster Musician
Punkamoar
Casual reminder to keep it civil. You guys are doing a pretty good job thus far, but things can get out of hand fast. Also, there are a few of you posting off-topic comments. Please stop that. Keep the discussion on-track.
08/15/2016 1:33 am
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
If you grind your gears, you won't stay on track long, as when you grind them too much, you'll wear off the teeth, and then you can't move anywhere, so good idea.
08/14/2016 8:56 pm
Level 71 : Legendary Nerd
Irish
"Omg teen skins are stealing our viewers!"

Really? Thats news to me, haven't lost anything to a "teen skinner" yet.

If you aren't getting views, it's most likely your content just isn't that good. No point blaming your lack of views on somebody who has views. Just keep practicing and uploaded. Eventually your content will gain traction and before you know it you will have a steady little "fanbase".
08/14/2016 9:01 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
This

My skins are bad imo, but because I didn't take skinning too seriously, and because I did it for a while, I eventually got a small fanbase, that enjoy my content.

lol look at me saying I have a fanbase.
08/14/2016 8:17 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Knightsundere
Easiest way to get more diamonds is to become better at skinning, simple as that. Lunatique and Fl0rn are newish members, but pull high diamond counts because of their quality. If you see something that has a lot of diamonds, it's a good skin of that style. Teen skins have a fairly broad threshold of good, so they inherently get a lot of diamonds.

EDIT: As candlevera said too, making a persona is a fast way to get noticed. I myself used the technique heavily.
08/14/2016 6:49 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Konrad
If you want people to see your skins then advertise in PMC chat(Advertise once every 15 minutes so you don't get banned from chat or anything) Advertising your skins in chat will let anyone that is online in chat see your skin if they click on it and may diamond if they like it.
08/14/2016 7:19 pm
Turbo Soggy
I don't know about this though. This doesn't work very well on Youtube. Have you ever seen somebody advertising their channel in the comments of a video there? It's a frickin' cataclysm.
08/14/2016 7:59 pm
Level 25 : Expert Crafter
idk lol
I find PMC chat more organized when it comes to advertising, though. When you advertise there, it's easily recognizable to see and notice. Plus, most random/inappropriate comments are moderated unlike YouTube, so its not spammed with stuff that will drown your skin out of chat anytime soon.
08/14/2016 8:05 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Network
Konrad
:O You changed your name back :O
08/14/2016 8:09 pm
Level 25 : Expert Crafter
idk lol
Yup
08/14/2016 6:26 pm
Turbo Soggy
What I really want is XP so I can level up and get more titles. Diamonds are my way of getting XP. So yes, I'm not going to lie, I'm in it for the diamonds.

Also, what's the point of making skins if nobody likes them?
08/14/2016 8:31 pm
Level 21 : Expert Architect
skygame12x
I get what your saying but also what's the point of making skins if your not enjoying it? Everthing you do here in planetminecraft is pretty much for fun. Your not going to make a living off making skins, or anything in planetminecraft in general. There's nothing wrong with wanting diamonds but that's not the point. When I first found out about planetminecraft I thought of it as a place to share the skins, mods, builds, ect. that you do. And also don't expect so many diamonds in one skin. Almost no one is going to get like 50 diamonds on one skin. 5 diamonds per skin really isn't bad. Anyways my point is planetminecraft is mainly for fun not just the diamonds. So enjoy
08/14/2016 6:14 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
if ur gears are grinding may i suggest a clean and some wd40
08/14/2016 7:22 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
Well played, my friend.
08/14/2016 6:27 pm
Turbo Soggy
I'll keep this in mind in case my gears begin to grind again.
08/14/2016 12:45 am
Level 22 : Expert Crafter
Killertoad
A bad clutch could end up grinding your gears.

Or letting your girl drive your manual when she just can't. That normally grinds not only my gears, but also my cars. Lol
08/14/2016 12:10 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
anonpmc1725318
[deleted]
08/14/2016 5:47 pm
Level 21 : Expert Architect
skygame12x
I totally agree with this guy. If your going for diamonds try to do something else. Skins probably won't really get you much diamonds.
08/14/2016 12:36 pm
Turbo Soggy
What am I supposed to be in it for?
08/14/2016 6:03 pm
Level 20 : Expert Hunter
Monotone
If you don't enjoy what you're doing then there's no point. No one's gonna diamond your submissions just because you want them to.
08/14/2016 6:28 pm
Turbo Soggy
I don't see what's so awful about wanting people to like my skins.
08/14/2016 6:29 pm
Monotone
Wanting people to like your skins is perfectly okay. Everyone wants people to like their skins. But don't complain when people don't like your skins or don't give you the amount of diamonds you think you deserve.
08/14/2016 7:11 pm
Turbo Soggy
I'm not complaining that your skins get more diamonds, but that skins that are literally just Steve with Kefka's shading template over top do. Yes, I do think I deserve more diamonds than those. This isn't a personal attack at you.
08/14/2016 6:20 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Imposter
Jewelman
People appreciate knowing that somebody likes their work. Don't blame them for that. Besides, it shows that your work is actually good and that people want more of it.
08/14/2016 6:28 pm
Monotone
I'm perfectly aware of that, but there's no reason to create a thread complaining about how other people are getting more diamonds than you. The world isn't going to end because you didn't get "enough" diamonds on your skin.
08/14/2016 5:55 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Dragonborn
Monke
I just make skins because I enjoy doing it, and it gives me something to do. I don't really care if people diamond them, because I had fun making the skin.
08/14/2016 12:41 am
Level 42 : Master Necromancer
candle_
Resource packs take far, far longer to create, and are unlikely to get that much attention unless they're really well made or make use of keywords really well. (in which case views will probably exceed diamonds to an excessive degree) At this point, creating a full resource pack would most likely take weeks or months. Site rules require them to convert at least 50% of all game content now, as well, and making the bare minimum 50% while retaining quality still takes quite a bit of time.

@ the OP, In order to get attention on skins, there's really not much more to say than be active on the site, advertising in chat, (following the rules, of course.) and otherwise making a name for yourself. People will grow to recognize you based off of your activity, uniqueness, or other positive qualities.

It's no secret that "teen" skins get a lot of attention, but many of the skinners already have a developed fanbase and/or friends, and the skins themselves have some pretty widespread appeal as the community is comprised primarily of kids and teenagers and most average kids and teenagers want skins like that. Developing the style still takes a degree of effort, and, really, it's not a good way to start out on the site unless you like a lot of petulant individuals complaining incessantly about you and using so many dead jokes you'd think they were some kind of literary necromancer.

Really, though, I cannot recommend enough that you just get involved in the community if you would like to receive more attention. Advertising in chat is one of the best ways to develop a following. It can be slow, but here and there you get dedicated subscribers genuinely interested in your work which help future content get more attention.

Beyond simply advertising, having a personality and talking with others is another great way of getting your content noticed. When I see new people that are fairly active in the community, whether on the forums, chat, or anywhere else, I often take interest and check out their content. Since that's done purely out of genuine interest, it can lead to some dedicated fans.

Developing a "persona" is pretty common and helps differentiate yourself from the rest. It can be as simple as a character you use to represent yourself, (I have a deer kemonomimi with the pink sweater) or as complex as your prime focus on the site. Some people, for example, make a name for themselves doing something truly unique which becomes synonymous with their persona and who they are. This, of course, gets them regular attention.

Ultimately, it's really only something you should do if you actually enjoy doing it. PMC is a community and being a part of that community is one of the best ways to get your content noticed (unless you have absolutely mind-blowingly incredible work which takes years of practice or a team to create, or have already made a name for yourself. disco_ is the prime example of this, but there are plenty of others who aren't active in the community but remain extremely successful.)
08/13/2016 11:47 pm
Turbo Soggy
I'm going to make a really generic, low quality teen skin and see if I can get diamonds.
08/14/2016 12:00 am
Level 27 : Expert Network
Pines
you will.
08/13/2016 11:34 pm
Pines
also, nice idubbz reference
08/13/2016 11:34 pm
Pines
because they look pleasing to the eye

try making crappy tumblr pastel top skins and generic edgelord preteens will go crazy
08/14/2016 12:48 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
TheOneAlchemist
This dude is one edgy guy
08/13/2016 11:30 pm
Level 47 : Master Dragonborn
Valar_Morghulis
Same. Generic teen skins especially.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com