LGBT+ Gamers - We need your help!

lgbtgamers's Avatar lgbtgamers10/8/18 9:44 pm
10 emeralds 805 26
11/17/2018 11:22 pm
lgbtgamers's Avatar lgbtgamers

We need your help to make this happen!

LGBT+ Gamers is a pro-social gaming community looking for active members to help expand our community. We are looking for people who are LGBT+ or an ally of the LGBT cause. We are trying to expand into minecraft and we are looking for people who want to help us provide a safe and stable gaming environment for our players. We will need mods, players, admins, event coordinators, helpers, and other staff people to help us make this dream come true. If you are lgbt+ or an ally of the cause and wish to contribute your time to help us expand our community into minecraft, feel free to send me a private message or reply to this forum. A customized discord will be introduced in the future to link our members together. If you have any questions, feel free to let us know!
lgbtgamers
Level 7 : Apprentice Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/14/2018 3:00 pm
lgbtgamers
Thank you to everyone who helped with the launch! Keep in mind we are always needing new members and staff to help keep the server and community running. Feel free to contact me on here or join our website/discord if you wish to help out!

Discord: Link
11/09/2018 6:00 pm
lgbtgamers
Everyone we are officially launched! Join us!

Ip: play.lgbtgamers.net
10/25/2018 10:35 am
lgbtgamers
We hope to launch near the beginning of November on a week. Be sure to join our discord to be available when the server launches and be updated of any news we have for you all!
10/22/2018 9:43 amhistory
Level 57 : Grandmaster Engineer
ShelLuser
First of all: I'm not a fan of mixing politics or any other "real life stuff" into gaming, not a fan at all, because I game to get distracted from that real world in the first place. I mention this simply for context.

But yeah, why would you set something like this up and separate yourself from a community which is already highly inclusive? It makes no sense to me. See: many people yell about equality and such but then immediately move themselves into a role (or position) which automatically separates themselves from the rest again. So much for equality?

I see the same stuff here, and I'm not impressed.

Most gaming communities, including Minecraft, are highly inclusive. When you log onto a Minecraft server it doesn't matter if you're a boy, a girl, a man, a woman, a senior citizen or heck: even an alt (= a Minecraft account operated by another player next to their own account). People don't care about your gender, your sexual preferences, your political believes nor your financial or social status in the real world because within gaming none of that matters in the first place.

If there is any place where people get treated the same despite what they are it's online within gaming and tech communities.

Please note though: I'm not saying that I oppose this idea, I don't, but I do believe it could send out a wrong signal. Instead of trying to separate yourself from the rest, why not join the server(s) you like best and enjoy your escape from the real world problems while focusing on something different for a change?

As always just my 2 cents.
10/17/2018 9:14 pm
Level 41 : Master Sus
holysalem
Ah! I just recently quit Minecraft, but I'm Pansexual. I wish I could help, I don't really know how I would help.
I'm so shook about this, If I had Wi-Fi I would totally help.
Discord- craaap.#1507
If that doesn't work you can DM here, and if it does work I probably won't reply right away.
But I would help as much as I can!
10/19/2018 1:27 pm
lgbtgamers
Lunaire_x,

Feel free to send me a private message to me and we can see what all you may be interested in ^_^!
10/17/2018 8:56 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Engineer
AstaZora
I am engaged to a bi, so if that qualfiies me, I am in

I am good at redstone and command blocks, understand most plugins (or how to make them do what I want) And i have been in MC for over 5 years. AstaZora#7350 on discord (Try Genius Gaming#7350 if that does not work)

Please DM me more information on what you need done to get it into working order
10/11/2018 7:24 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Bidule
This is a great cause I'm interested CoinsBoostMyEgo#1870 is my discord. ( I'm not LGBT+ but I support people who are )
10/16/2018 3:37 pm
lgbtgamers
Hey Bidule, we'd be glad to have you! We are in beta stages at this moment but should be in working order soon. <3
10/11/2018 1:48 pm
Level 8 : Apprentice Narwhal
SparklingHearts
I'll join :D
10/16/2018 3:36 pm
lgbtgamers
Hey SparlingHearst, have you joined the Discord? We are in the process of getting things in working order but we do need Beta testers. If you have joined the discord already just let me know. Thank you <3!
10/22/2018 3:05 am
Level 8 : Apprentice Narwhal
SparklingHearts
No, ill join it once i have wifi
11/17/2018 11:22 pm
lgbtgamers
Have you had a chance to join yet?
10/11/2018 8:28 am
lgbtgamers
I just wanted to give everyone a sneak peek of the features the server will have. The Minecraft server will be influenced by RP (roleplay) activities. With that being said, we will also include other elements such as pvp and pve. We plan to have RP writers construct a backstory for the server as well as construct stories for our RP events. We plan to implement plugins that will allow players to customize their rp character the way they want the world to see them. We plan to include enough content that will allow players to construct their own towns, wage war against another town, form allies and organize diplomatic meetings. The server will be heavily RP influenced, for example, if you wish to engage in combat with another individual, you must challenge them via chat message. If the other user chooses to flee, they must roll an even number to successfully run away. There will be much more content than these features alone, but that is just a sneak peak of what we have planned ;)!
10/10/2018 11:22 amhistory
lgbtgamers
I wanted to update everyone, here are a list of staff positions we need filled! If you are interested in a position, fill out the application and send it to Banjo in the Discord: https://discord.gg/hUk3zee

- Admin

- Mod

- Architect

- Graphic Designer

- Helper

- Roleplay Director

- Roleplay Writers

Application:

- Username (name you typically go by online):
- What experience do you have in this role?:
- What time zone are you in?:
- Which days are you available in the week?:
- Which time during the day are you available (e.g. 4pm-8pm)?:
- Why do you want to apply for this position?:
- What have you contributed to LGBT+ Gamers?:

**More to come in the future, be sure to stay updated on this page. You must be active in our community to keep a staff position!
10/09/2018 3:48 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
MrMilkCakes
Hi,

Please contact me on discord regarding this.

Kind regards,

MrMilkCakes#6673
Owner of The Visionary Islands Network
10/09/2018 8:14 pm
lgbtgamers
Will do MrMilkCakes!
10/09/2018 4:12 amhistory
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
I have a single question :p
You're speaking about getting the LGBT+ community to get into Minecraft, but I might be a bit dumb asking this:

Are you planning on tageting the server to minecraft players, or getting people in the LGBT+ community to buy Minecraft and join the server?

Edit: I should've defined it a bit better:
Are you planning on trying to get current Minecraft players to join the server and get them to support the LGBT+ cause, or will the server be stricktly for LGBT+ members and supporters only?
10/09/2018 4:29 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
The post states they're also welcoming anyone who is an ally to the cause. That includes people who aren't LGBTQ+ but support it as a cause.
10/09/2018 5:28 pm
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
Oh, thanks Azie :D
10/09/2018 8:14 pm
lgbtgamers
Yes as Azie said, all are welcome except for trolls, troublemakers, and drama llamas. That goes for all people. Our goal at LGBT+ Gamers is to provide a safe gaming environment for our players. If you are interested in helping out, please send me a private message :)!
10/09/2018 9:27 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Grump
Azie
Just wanted to congratulate you on welcoming allies as well. Something I don't see a lot of LGBTQ+ communities advertising on PMC is that right there, regardless of if they actually do or not.
10/09/2018 9:57 pm
lgbtgamers
We try our best to be as inclusive as possible :)!
10/08/2018 10:22 pm
Level 44 : Master Network
Block Mason Creative
LGBTQ+ people have a place in society. Best wishes!
10/08/2018 10:07 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
BraeAngel
This is a great cause, I'm interested and would love to help.
10/09/2018 8:13 pm
lgbtgamers
BraeAngel, if you haven't already, send me a private message and we will hash out the details :3!
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome