[MACHINIMA] LOOKING FOR WRITERS, BODY/VOICE ACTORS, + MORE!

PigGamingFTW's Avatar PigGamingFTW5/21/17 11:54 pm
6/6/2017 12:52 am
TheRoboticDragon's Avatar TheRoboticDragon
Minechinima

Hello there! My name is Will, and I am starting a new YouTube channel for Minecraft Machinima's, the thing is I can't do it alone, That's where people like you come in!

I have experience managing a YouTube channel, I've had one for quite a while now and I currently have 350 subscribers. I recently wanted to start a new series on it, a roleplay. But I realized I didn't want to do a series where i'm limited like that, I wanted to do something bigger. Or... smaller?

I wanted to make short films, something where each video it's something new, something different from the last, but still something interesting. That sounded perfect, and therefore that's what I decided to do

I don't want to sound egotistical but I believe i'm a pretty good writer, and I consider myself good at working with teams. I realized that this'd be the best possible thing for me to do, but it can't just be me. I need a team, a group of people who are dedicated and want this channel to be quality, a group of people who I can rely on and a group of people who can rely on eachother. This channel's foundation is going to be the team, one weak board and it collapses. Therefore everyone must be dedicated so this can be the best possible, if that sounds like you than both of us are pretty lucky right now

We need a few types of people who fit that criteria though, here is a list of all the types of people we need, a description for each, as well as an application.

Bit of a disclaimer, I am 13 and will be looking for people above the age of 10 and under the age of 18

Also you can apply for multiple roles <3

Please be kind as well, and make my life easier by putting in the role you are applying for in your application. Thanks.

Voice Actors

What do we need from you?
Click to reveal
As a voice actor you will be playing a range of characters. One video you may be playing an evil mastermind set out to eat all the fried chicken in the world, and others you may just be a fried chicken cook. It honestly depends on your voice, and how well you can control it. Obviously the whole fried chicken thing was for humor, but you never know what you'll be playing. If you can have a really sweet, nice sounding voice than you may be playing a very kind character, if you have a deeper, menacing one you may be playing an evil character, and if you can control your voice to do either of those than you were honestly meant for this.
Here is a list of requirements for becoming a voice actor

A good mic - No one wants to watch a machinima where the voice actors are not understandable due to the massive amount of background noise, static, or just flat out lack of quality. Make sure your mic is clear and that you can avoid background noise.

A nice voice - That's subjective, so it's a bit weird. Honestly, I don't believe I have a good voice. It's pretty annoying, I won't be voice acting for that reason. If you think your voice is annoying, or just hard to understand in general than this probably isn't right for you

A large voice range - It's great if you have a nice voice, but if you can't put emotion into it than it's pretty ineffective. You may be able to do a really menacing voice, despite you not sounding like that naturally, except that's not going to work out well if you can't put any type of emotion into that voice. Make sure before you say "I can do a _____ voice!" that you can fake laugh, sound happy, sound sad, sound mad, ect while still doing that voice!

Common Sense - There are more things you need to be a voice actor, but they're a given, so you should know them.

Application
Click to reveal
You have 2 ways of applying

A) Apply using this application, but post it as a reply to this thread and get a response slower

B) Apply using this application, but message it to me over discord (Will#5953)

(* means required)
Application:

Minecraft Name:

Demo Reel:

*Discord:

*What days and times are you normally available:

*Do you have audacity, if not would you be willing to get it:

*Real first name:

Any extra info you think I should know:

Body Actors

Click to reveal
Body Acting is the easiest role on the team, but one of the most important. You will be required to switch your skin a lot, and be able to follow directions. Sometimes the directions will be very specific, other times they may be as vauge as "be normal" it'll all depend on the setting the video takes place in. Sometimes you might play an animal too, so that's fun!

Here is a list of requirements for becoming a Body Actor:

A decent computer - Sometimes the setting may include a bit of lag, if you're teleporting around the whole time we're trying to record it obviously won't work out.

Good internet - We would like most body actors to be from the US due to the server being hosted there, but as long as you won't be teleporting around we will be fine.

Common Sense - There are obvious things that I don't need to point out, you should know them

Application
Click to reveal

A) Apply using this application, but post it as a reply to this thread and get a response slower

(* means required)
Application:

*Minecraft Name:

*Would you be willing to change your skin multiple times a week:

*Discord:

Builders

Click to reveal
Some videos may require a medieval themed set. Others may require a modern themed set. I'm not skilled in building either of those themes, but in-case we ever need a set that looks horrible I can do that. In other words, builders will be handling creating the settings where the videos take place. I understand not all builders can build every theme, so don't feel like you have to be able to. You're a huge part of the foundation, and you're the decorations. Get it? Exterior and interior design puns? No? Alright. Well, you'll be making everything look nice, without builders we'd be making short films in a pit of lava, because the channel would burn to the ground.

Here is a list of requirements for becoming a builder

Resource packs - Depending on the setting a certain resource pack may come in handy, and if the other builders are building in sphax and you're building in default that'd create a bit of an awkward outcome

Being able to work as a team - You won't be working alone a majority of the time, if you're creating a set and you know that Jeff, the made up character who we will be using for this example, is better than you at building restaurants because they told you their name was Jeff and that they were good at making restaurants, then let him do that and work on something else.

Common Sense - Obviously there are things that are required that I didn't list here, that's because they're obvious.

Application
Click to reveal

(* means required)
Application:

*Minecraft Name:

*What theme(s) would you consider yourself most skilled in:

*Are you able to get resource packs:

*Screenshots of past work:

*Discord:

Creative Crew

Click to reveal
You'll be the person dispensing ideas for the writers to write, the director to direct, and the actors to act out. You are NOT A WRITER! You and the other people in the Creative Crew will be coming up with ideas.

Here is a list of requirements for becoming a part of the Creative Crew:

An understanding of the possibilities in Minecraft - If you're suggesting that we do something that isn't possible in Minecraft then that's an issue. If you're suggesting we do something that's not possible in a timely manner in Minecraft, then that is also an issue. Be reasonable

Common Sense - There are obvious things that I don't need to point out, you should know them

Application
Click to reveal

(* means required)
Application:

Minecraft Name:

*How long have you been playing Minecraft:

*Discord:

Writers

Click to reveal
Probably the most difficult task, you'll be working in conjunction with both the director and the creative crew. You have a lot of relying to do, and we also rely on you quite a bit. You'll take ideas that the Creative Crew gives you and expand on them, turning them into a full video that makes sense, has a good plot, and is possible. You need to understand all of the voice actors voice ranges to know who would be a good fit for the characters you create.

Here is a list of requirements for becoming a Writer:

An understanding of the possibilities in Minecraft - If you're writing a script that is not possible to be performed in Minecraft, then that is an issue. If you're writing a script that is not possible to be performed in Minecraft in a timely manner, then that is also an issue.
Able to work in teams - You will be working with other writers sometimes, making sure you all have an understanding of the plot is 100% needed

Some of your stories will not be performed - Sometimes we just won't perform your story. It may be because it'll be much too difficult, it might be impossible, or it might just be bad.

Time - This is the most time-consuming task on the team, you need time

Application
Click to reveal

(* means required)
Application:

Minecraft Name:

*What theme of writing are you best at (Sad stories, Exciting stories, ect.):

*Discord:

*How long have you been playing Minecraft?
*DO NOT PUT THIS HERE! YOU MUST SEND THIS PART TO ME ON DISCORD! Write a script for an episode. It may or may not be used if you get accepted, and we don't expect it to be amazing. You're working alone on this, this will not always be the case, and normally the creative crew would give you the idea.

Camera Wo(Men)

Click to reveal
We are going to need multiple angles sometimes, and other times we're just going to need people to record a certain scene. The hardest it will get is us asking you to move around or to look around during a scene, this one is pretty easy but can be annoying to do in-case a scene has to be redone

Here is a list of requirements for becoming a Camera (Wo)man

Resource packs - Depending on the setting the builders may have used a resource pack for the build, it'll look weird without that resource pack. As long as you're able to use one, we should be fine

Running Shaders at 60fps with 8+ render distance - You need an amazing PC for this. A really good one. All scenes will be recorded with a shader pack, sometimes the shader pack might be a lot better than the one you use to test whether you can do this or not. My recommendation is that you run a very high quality shaders pack at 8 render distance without having to completely lower every other quality setting and see if you can still run that 60fps we all know and love

Recording Software - You need recording software without a watermark, and you need to have a 16:9 aspect ratio monitor, if that doesn't make sense look it up. Also, make sure you can record in at least 720p

Common Sense - Obviously there are things that are required that I didn't list here, that's because they're obvious.

Application
Click to reveal

(* means required)
Application:

*Minecraft Name:

*What recording software do you have:

*Are you able to get resource packs:

*Test recording with shaders on (Upload it to youtube, put the link here):

*Discord:

PigGamingFTW
Level 1 : New Miner