Massive Collaboration Project -- Wastelander (1-3)

Megalandrys's Avatar Megalandrys11/15/14 11:44 am
1 emeralds 217 2
12/11/2014 2:57 pm
AstaZora's Avatar AstaZora
Ah, hello, and welcome. I'll just jump right into the subject. You know that small game series Fallout? Well, I had the oh-so-brilliant idea of adding myself to the list of people who have been inspired to make something as a result of it. In Minecraft.

Yeah, I know. However, I planned to make mine different, more original (I guess), somehow. Even though the project is enormous, as there are three quite large planned maps, modding required for them to work at all, pixel art to support the needed modding, voice acting (hopefully) to give it an edge, this is optional though, and people to possibly help me make the maps themselves.

I kind of came up with a story for the prologue and a base for the first two games, but at the moment I'm sort of working backwards. I started really working out the plot of Wastelander 3 and building it, because somehow it appealed to me.

The plot was you
(Wastelander 2 spoiler for those who care)
Click to reveal
, after having a fight with the Overseer, which later turned into a war over the vault, getting out of the vault

,escaping the zone that had been nuked (you were at the bottom of the
world), and then doing quests (some branching from towns (often hidden and/or underground), some moral decisions, some larger-scale quests, and other stuff eventually leading to the end which I don't want to spoil like I sort of did with Wastelander 2 just then.

So, as said two paragraphs ago, I am looking for those who can collaborate with me on this.

What we will need to finish this:
At least 2
skilled pixel artists to make Minecraft models.
At least 2
modders (if those two doesn't mind doing all of that work) who have experience creating mods, preferably complicated ones involving importing textures, displaying words properly, creating a GUI, and possibly importing sounds (long ones) and working with compatibility with other mods.

[b][u]What we should have (would be very helpful to have) to finish this:[/b][/u]
[b]At least 1[/b]
other builder who has experience with, 1, creating slightly complex and large 'buildings' and such for this setting, 2, working with 'nukes,' TNT, and grenades (added from a mod already retreived). Also, this person should be able to help me with traps and the strategic position of 'mines,' something else added from another mod.

Further information on each persons job and what will be expected of them will be told if they want them to join my team and meet the specified requirements.

[b]You must send me proof that you pass the requirements, i.e something you have made for your job at any point in the last 2 years. [u]I would like it if you also said why you want the job you are 'trying out for' and what you can contribute out of the things we need/want totally.[/b][/u]

[size=150]
[b][u]Your options to do the above immediately (you can give me your email to contact later on) are to PM me here, comment on this blog, or add me on Skype (Megalandrys, of course) with this Message (fill out parenthesis as needed): "Hello, I am (insert your Skype name here), also known as (insert your PMC name here) on Planet Minecraft (or PMC). I am contacting you about your collaborative project Wastelander."[/u][/size]

That is all. See you whenever, and I hope you consider helping me out.[/b]
Megalandrys
Level 28 : Expert Dragon