New Elite Build Server

hatten33's Avatar hatten334/26/13 8:07 pm
1 emeralds 192 6
5/18/2013 3:57 pm
hatten33's Avatar hatten33
For a paragraph, read here!
Hello!
My name is Will, and I play Minecraft with the account hatten33. Perhaps the thing I enjoy most about Minecraft is its endless creative potential. The things people have built in Minecraft are absolutely stunning. I have many good friends who are amazing builders who also appreciate the vast creative capacity of Minecraft.
Recently, I've been extremely interested in developing my creative potential and honing my architectural skills. While I know I may not be the best builder out there, I pride myself in my abilities as I am sure the vast majority of us do. However, finding a place to develop my building skills can be hard sometimes. Sure, servers can be great sometimes, but there are flaws with these. For example, you have to deal with people who aren't necessarily great builders or are not interested in sharing their talent and taking inspiration from others. You also have spammers, griefers, and other trolls who disrupt the building process. You could go to a developed creative server, such as The Voxel Box, Keralis, or Mithrania, but I find these difficult to navigate and use the tools many of us want to use to build.
Because of all this, I want to create a server where builders can meet other builders who are interested in improving themselves or others. This will only be open to the elite or the developing elite. (No poor-quality here). On this server, architects will be able to build on large creative plots by themselves or with others. They will have access, depending on their needs, skill, and project, to tools such as VoxelSniper and WorldEdit. In addition to these plots, they will have access to a freebuild world when a large space is needed for a project. Once they have completed this project, they will be able to download their schematics and post them if they choose.
I am writing this post to see whether this concept has any value. I have heard from some that it does, but I felt that I needed a larger opinion to invest my time and money into this project. If you are an accomplished builder, please comment your opinion on whether you would use this server. If you are an enthusiast, comment whether you would like to help sponsor this server. If you are just a regular player, please, comment and share your opinion nonetheless.

I could also see this turning into a build team... let me know what you think.

List of Features
- No complicated rank structure to earn priveleges

- Ability to use tools such as WorldEdit and VoxelSniper based on need

- Large creative plots (123x128, 256,256)

- Freebuild for larger projects

- Ability to import schematics

- Ability to import custom worlds, etc

- Ability to export and download schematics

- Forums for sharing and communicating

- Building lessons/talks/ideashares?

Thank you for your time in reading this post.
hatten33
Level 28 : Expert Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/18/2013 3:57 pm
hatten33
zopppHey its Zoppp from World of Keralis (Co-owner). I remember back when WoK Started I started with around the same principles as you: Easy rank structure, Custom world, schematic importation and all that. See the thing is, at first when the server is small it may work but as you grow it gets harder and harder to cater to all. The rank structure on WoK used to be Guest ----> Builder ----> Advbuilder ---> Mod ----> Admin. Advbuilder got WE and people were happy. Issues started arising with people derping with WE and so. Mistakes happen here and there, someone accidently deletes part of the map -_-. Then you have people who you think you can trust with Advbuilder but end up griefing with it. We tried applications and everything and it was just chaotic on the logistics side. Even with applications we had issues with WE griefing and derping. Its a balance between security and privileges. We now have Builder+ and Trusted above builder. Builder+ is just a fancy tag, basically a buffer that we can pick Trusted candidates from. Trusted candidates get full WE. Ever since we switched to this system we have virtually no griefing. We do expect that our Trusted members along with staff help out our lower members when they need a minor land clearing, terrain smoothing, water filling etc; so we have a good compromise

Now onto the schematic importation and "plots". On WoK we want to keep that realistic city feel. At first I used to just World edit giant plots above water and call that a city and connect it with roads. As the server grew I realized how ugly that looked. Ever since we stopped using world edit for schematic importing and massive land clearing. It just looks unnatural and ugly. Go ahead and look at our largebiome map compared to the beachtown map (http://www.keralis.net/map). The largebiome map looks much more natural.

If you are starting out small, you should start with those ideals. They are very sound and good for a small server. As you grow, however, your core ideals should evolve so that you will not find yourself in a mess of griefing and complaints.

Good luck man, hope this feedback helps!

Thank you so much for your feedback! Sorry I didnt get the chance to reply sooner!
05/07/2013 11:25 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Architect
Gamer101828
i would like to join pm me if this happens!
05/07/2013 3:55 am
Level 1 : New Engineer
MCBurn
hi,
xD
05/06/2013 11:32 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
zoppp
Hey its Zoppp from World of Keralis (Co-owner). I remember back when WoK Started I started with around the same principles as you: Easy rank structure, Custom world, schematic importation and all that. See the thing is, at first when the server is small it may work but as you grow it gets harder and harder to cater to all. The rank structure on WoK used to be Guest ----> Builder ----> Advbuilder ---> Mod ----> Admin. Advbuilder got WE and people were happy. Issues started arising with people derping with WE and so. Mistakes happen here and there, someone accidently deletes part of the map -_-. Then you have people who you think you can trust with Advbuilder but end up griefing with it. We tried applications and everything and it was just chaotic on the logistics side. Even with applications we had issues with WE griefing and derping. Its a balance between security and privileges. We now have Builder+ and Trusted above builder. Builder+ is just a fancy tag, basically a buffer that we can pick Trusted candidates from. Trusted candidates get full WE. Ever since we switched to this system we have virtually no griefing. We do expect that our Trusted members along with staff help out our lower members when they need a minor land clearing, terrain smoothing, water filling etc; so we have a good compromise

Now onto the schematic importation and "plots". On WoK we want to keep that realistic city feel. At first I used to just World edit giant plots above water and call that a city and connect it with roads. As the server grew I realized how ugly that looked. Ever since we stopped using world edit for schematic importing and massive land clearing. It just looks unnatural and ugly. Go ahead and look at our largebiome map compared to the beachtown map (www.keralis.net/map). The largebiome map looks much more natural.

If you are starting out small, you should start with those ideals. They are very sound and good for a small server. As you grow, however, your core ideals should evolve so that you will not find yourself in a mess of griefing and complaints.

Good luck man, hope this feedback helps!
04/28/2013 8:30 pm
hatten33
Thank you for your feedback!
04/26/2013 10:41 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Miner
lucas200
I don't know about everyone eles but I like the idea and wish to join.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome