Project Archon - A fantasy RPG & RP server (Recruiting!)

Project Archon's Avatar Project Archon3/13/16 8:52 am
1 emeralds 1.3k 25
7/25/2016 5:07 am
DoctorDonkeyKong's Avatar DoctorDonkeyKong
Project Archon
A Minecraft RPG & RP server

Welcome to the official recruitment post of Project Archon. Project Archon is an initiative set to create a new and unique form of Minecraft gameplay. The server will contain a mixture of elements from both Role-Playing Games (RPG) and Role-Playing (RP). An RPG mainly focuses on having a player do quests, interact with NPCs, and fight enemies. An RP server revolves around interacting with other players and continuing your journey by focusing heavily on text-related dialogues and actions.

What we want to do, is to take the best parts of both these elements and combine them into a new and unique form of gameplay.

The base of the server will a fantasy world set in an older age. A leading empire has recently fallen, and several civilizations are spread out around the world, scattered. Our story will follow one of the smaller civilizations who now have the chance to rebuild their society. The server will mostly follow the majority of the players’ directions, and will thereby give a huge freedom in doing as they wish to. They’ll have the chance to once again recreate the great empire, or if they’d like to, create a new society altogether.

The server right now is currently in a very early developmental stage, and will therefore require several different content creators:

* Lore Masters
* Builders
* Concept Artists
* Texture Pack Designers
* Plugin Developers - Position has been filled up! Thank you for everyone who applied as a Plugin Developer!

Lore Masters
A Lore Master has the mission of producing lore for all sorts of areas. Whether it is races, worlds, flora, fauna, history, religion, philosophy, weaponry, and so on, the Lore Master is tasked with creating and proposing new lore so that the server can expand.

Lore Masters will be in need of during the development stage, but also post-launch. We require for you to present some of your previous work if you have any, or new pieces of fantasy-based texts when you apply. This can be done publicly as a reply to this post, or by sending a private message to us.

Builders
Builders are tasked with creating the structures in the world of Minecraft. Everything from the Great Wonders of the World to smaller and detailed structures such as cottages. Forests, rivers, deserts, mountains, and more are part of the Builder’s task.

Builders will be in need of during both the development stage and post-launch. We require for you to present some of your previous work, as experience is a heavily deciding factor, when you apply. This can be done publicly as a reply to this post, or by sending a private message to us.

Concept Artists
A Concept Artist makes sure to produce creative sketches of different ideas that are thrown between the team members. By doing this, the ideas are then manifested and easier to present to both the team and to the members of the public that are interested in the server.

Concept Artists will mainly be needed during the developmental stage. When applying, make sure to either post some of your previous works, or to send it by a private message. You can also create a new sketch. This is an essential requirement.

Texture Pack Designers
A Texture Pack Designer has the task of creating a new texture pack that suits the server’s unique requirements. By doing so, the immersive factor that players feel will increase tremendously.

Texture Pack Designers will, as Concept Artists, only be required during the development stage. When applying, do post previous creations if you have any, or private message them to us. It is an essential requirement.

Plugin Developer - Position has been filled up! Thank you for everyone who applied as a Plugin Developer!
A Plugin Developer has the assignment of creating plugins. These plugins are used in different areas, but they all serve one purpose - to give the server its main attribute. Plugins hold high value in servers such as ours.

Plugin Developers may be needed post-launch. When applying, please present any previous plugins that you’ve developed by either linking it in your post or by messaging us. It is important that you’ve developed plugins for Minecraft before.

Requirements for joining the team is:
* Having any of the aforementioned skills.
* Being at least 13 years old.
* Access to Skype.
* Any of the specific tools required for the role you’re applying for (Example, a Concept Artist would need either a tablet, or a scanner to share their work).

If you have any of the aforementioned skills, do fill out this form and post it as a reply in this thread. We will look over it and contact you if we find it passing our requirements. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us by a PM.

Form:
Name:
In-Game Name:
Skype Username (Can be PM’d):
Project Archon
Level 1 : New Network

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/25/2016 5:07 am
Level 1 : New Miner
DoctorDonkeyKong
Name:Byron
In-Game Name: DonkeyKong1994
Position you are applying for:builder (also can be online for about 12 hours a day but school is a problem. Had a build team about 2 years ago all spilt up and server closed.)
Skype-Username: live:brimington

ATM i am working on my own build because i would like to be in a building crew i will send you pics and if able ill sent up a mini clip of what the build looks like.
07/25/2016 2:48 am
Project Archon
We've contacted you through Skype; We hope you accept the request.

We'll be making our server in 1.9.2 for now. We'll look into upgrading it in the future.
07/25/2016 2:40 am
Unified_Kings
Name: Aidan

In-Game Name: Unified_Kings

Position you are applying for:
Builder

Skype Username (Can be PM’d):
Unified_Kings

P.S:
The file I had my portfolio on was on a flash drive. Said flash drive broke, so I can't access the data on it right now. I will build a few structures in creative and send pictures via PM.

P.S.S:
What version of MC will you be building in?
07/24/2016 1:50 pm
Project Archon
Hey, we are still kicking, we'd love to see someone more builder and writer applicants!
06/24/2016 1:59 pm
FunSomeKat
Builder:
Name: Kate
Minecraft Username: KatMao

Skype/Email: funsomekate12

Experience: I've worked on a two small servers, A small bending server and a private server. Recently I was a Admin/Builder for a build team called Team Neon/ The Paralyte but the Team disbanded due to inactivity and lack of members. I'm currently working on a SG-Map for Team Neon but since the Team disbanded, I'm working on it privately and will give me out screenshots once it is acceptable to be seen.

Pictures/Proof of Builds:

My personal builds( I don't have very much pics):
m.imgur.com/a/v0YA0

A build I did with a team member from Team Neon:
m.imgur.com/a/YzH11
06/24/2016 7:58 am
Project Archon
We're still looking for people who are interested in joining our project!
Are you a talented builder? Come and join us!
05/28/2016 11:45 am
Level 11 : Journeyman Architect
psyphi
Name: Tyler
In-Game Name: dioWaxES
Position you are applying for: Builder
Skype Username (Can be PM’d): tyler_r0821
05/28/2016 11:17 am
Project Archon
We're still looking for people with different skill-sets!
05/22/2016 11:46 pm
Level 5 : Apprentice Explorer
Wyre
Name: Matt
In-Game Name: Wyre
Skype Username (Can be PM’d): moonemoji_
05/22/2016 11:30 pm
xmgplayz
Name: Michael
In-Game Name: xmgplayz
Position you are applying for: Lore Master (Or builder :/ )
Skype Username: UnknownID9348748
05/22/2016 10:04 am
Project Archon
Both of you have been messaged. We hope to hear from you soon.
05/22/2016 8:20 am
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
MagicalWalnut
Name: faheem hure
In-Game Name: JustYourTypical
Position you are applying for: Lore Master
Skype Username faheem.hure {there are multiple accounts, they are all me}
05/22/2016 7:20 am
Level 31 : Artisan Zombie
DarkDanielff
Name: Daniel
In-Game Name: danielff
Position you are applying for: Builder, Lore, texture packs and some paper sketches (if possible)
Skype Username: danielfigueiras

If you'd like to see some of my builds add me on skype and I'll send you some screenshots.
05/20/2016 1:15 pm
Project Archon
We're still looking for people with different skill-sets!
05/07/2016 3:56 am
Project Archon
Messages on Skype have been sent to both of you, Josh and Landon.
05/06/2016 7:01 pm
Dirq
Name: Landon
In-Game Name: Dirq
Position you are applying for: Builder(Previously on paid build team, all my previous builds were on my other HD(I still have some), apologies. I would love to build something for you to prove my worth, though.)
Skype Username (Can be PM'd): plethoraorange
05/06/2016 6:37 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Warrior
ParadiseSurvivalTur
Name: Josh
In-Game Name: BishopOfChaos
Position you are applying for: LoreMaster/Builder if you need any more.
Skype Username (Can be PM’d): joshua.turoth
05/06/2016 2:50 pm
Project Archon
Sadly, without a Skype profile we cannot recruit you to our team, Devon.

We've sent invitations to both of you, Michael and Stijn.
05/04/2016 4:00 pm
Level 2 : Apprentice Miner
ItsRisq
Name:Stijn
In-Game Name:ItsRisq
Position you are applying for:builder (can do loremaster as well)
Skype Username (Can be PM’d):Risq Fate
05/04/2016 2:24 am
VelocityVolt
Name: Michael
In-Game Name: Mightyman6899
Position you are applying for: Loremaster
Skype Username: cedarhusky

Alright so I don't have anything on file but I'll throw together some lore on a sword here so you can judge my abilities.

Blade of the Wind:
Forged by the high elves in their hottest of furnaces few bear the power to wield such a weapon. It has the unique ability to strike with such speeds that howling winds echo off the blade. The elves, fearing its power, locked it away deep within their vaults. However it was recently stolen and it's location is now unknown. The blade is always calling out for a champion of honor and strength to take hold it's mantle, and spill the blood of any who dare oppose it.
05/04/2016 12:24 am
DMT41320
Name: Devon
In-Game Name: DMT41320
Skype Username (Can be PM’d): I don't have Skype, it requires an update that i currently can't get due to reasons that i have no idea of, (Windows 8 sucks) I gues that means i can not join, darn.
03/18/2016 6:17 pm
ProjectArchon
Alex, I am afraid you are too young to join our staff team.

Julianna, we have sent you a message, we hope you receive a reply soon.
03/17/2016 4:51 am
Level 9 : Apprentice Architect
AlexzTheMan
Name: Alex
In-Game Name: AlexzTheMan
Skype Username (Can be PM’d): Sorry I Don't Have It.
Experience: On My PMC Profile You Can See Some
03/16/2016 11:41 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Pirate
Impale
Name: Julianna

In-Game Name: ImpuriTEA

Skype Username: An_Iced_Frappuccino
03/16/2016 8:33 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
Slysooz
Bump