Recruiting for a world building project

jgisles's Avatar jgisles5/29/17 11:48 am
1 emeralds 215 4
5/31/2017 12:04 pm
_MCPic_'s Avatar _MCPic_
EDIT: here is a video showcasing some of the work I have done in the past on similar projects! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiHCFKBooUg

Hey PMC I'm _Satyr_

A few years ago I ran a series of RPG servers most of which were called Realms of Avalon. We were a tight-knit team dedicated to fleshing out our original fantasy locations and lore. Now, I'm looking to have a similar adventure again, but only if I can get a few good people on board!

Here's how it works:

I'm looking for mature, creative people who are interested in joining a world-building server. If I get enough interest, I'll set up and pay for the server. The style will be "medieval fantasy / rpg." Think Tolkien, Elder Scrolls, D&D, Dark Souls.

Our goal as a team will be to create a realistic and immersive fantasy world in Minecraft. Our time will mostly be spent building the worlds many towns, castles, roads, dungeons, you name it. When doing this in the past, I've always provided one or more custom-made maps (World Machine / WorldPainter) to jump-start the process, and used a lot of plugins to facilitate quick development of our world; WorldEdit, Dynmap, etc. We will do the same.

In addition to building, our work will include naming things, dreaming up history and lore to add color to our world, perhaps even writing dialogue for the occasional NPC. World-building is the name of the game; not just placing blocks to literally build a world but also making it feel as real as possible.

This will be a private server to start, accessible to only the team. If interest is high and we get a lot done, we can talk about expanding our horizons, but the main purpose of this is to enjoy a shared world building experience.

Sound interesting? Cool. I'm looking for people who:

- Are genuinely excited by this idea. This isn't a chance for you to earn clout as a moderator or promote your youtube channel.
- Have a lot of creativity and an interest in fictional cultures, story telling and/or game development.
- Have enough time to average at least a few hours a week on the project.
- Preferably are over 18. I won't card you at the door but this isn't really for kids.

So, are you thinking of applying to be part of this? I hope you are! In the past, these adventures in Minecraft have led to the amazing sensation of being the kings and queens of an imaginary world.

If you want to be on the team, let me know. Reply here (preferred), pm me, or add Satyrcynic on skype. Make sure that you:

- Have actually read all of this and understand what you're signing on for.
- Are capable of typing full words and sentences without pervasive spelling or grammatical issues.
- Have something to contribute, preferably some building ability.

There is no formal application or qualifications. You don't need to have experience as a professional builder or server staff. You don't need to show any kind of experience; this is more about finding the people who have the right personality and enthusiasm for the job. Say hi, and we'll take it from there.

Maybe we can build a world.
jgisles
Level 13 : Journeyman Dragon