Skin team Top Notch in search of drawing artist! (Traditional or digital.)

DinowCookie's Avatar DinowCookie12/13/18 6:54 am
15 emeralds 563 18
1/10/2019 5:50 pm
DinowCookie's Avatar DinowCookie

The team can use someone who likes to draw! :D

Render by PixelFrosty

Team Top Notch is our Minecraft skin making team. We create skin packs that are available for free. :D
We recently published our first skin pack, and are now working on new projects.

We would like to add an artist to our team, who likes to draw character concepts which our skins can be based on. Someone with good, creative character designs who can make clear drawings. As an artist we would like you to think along for new skin pack themes, make some suggestions and sketch out the bases. Beware! We're not making humans only.

Other than that you also use colour in your concept art, we're not picky about whether your drawings and sketches are made digitally or traditionally. Because they're for concepts, not for promotion purposes.

To be clear, this is not a paid position, the team exists to provide content for free for the Minecraft community. If you're interested, please share some of your work in the comments below, in a PM to me or message me, DinowCookie, directly on Discord at Des#8017. Looking to recruit 1 and maaybe 2 artists. :)

Running this recruitment post for 1 week. If there are multiple artists who are interested the team will choose the best suited artist after that week.

Thank you for reading! :D
DinowCookie
Retired Moderator
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/31/2018 7:58 pm
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
01/10/2019 5:50 pm
DinowCookie
Please have a look at this thread. We opened up for applications again. :)
12/31/2018 4:38 pmhistory
Level 24 : Expert Taco
ChocolateGhast
I could do it, but the best drawings I do are on paper. And they suck. If any jobs open up, please tell me. I really want to be apart of this.
DinowCookie
12/16/2018 2:33 amhistory
Level 51 : Grandmaster Professor
Eli the Zeratoed
Hey there! It's me! That Peridot on PMC who does nothing but drawing nonsense for people all day! Yeah, all goofy sentences aside, I'm definitely interested to work as an artist for your team! Although I have a discord, I rarely use it and would prefer to communicate through PM-ing if that's fine by you. I can draw both digitally and traditionally, but I love to mostly make traditional art in Flash. I've always wanted to be a character concept designer because it's so fun to get creative with the designs, and with this position, I'm hoping to further improve my art to it's fullest potential. Here are a few examples I have made in the past (or have shown to you before):
Some Art Examples! Yay!

Example
1 (It's a Little Obvious I'd Include Your Request as an Example):

Example 2 (Wow. A 3-D Yet Also 2-D Peridot Made with Shading. How Original):

Example 3 (Well, What Do You Know? I Actually Made Concept Art For a Personal Skin, But it was For a Contest and it's Done Traditionally):

Example 4 (Some Proof of My Ability to Mix Cartoons and Real Life Together Somewhat Seamlessly):

Example 5 (The "I Don't Just Draw Peridots, You Know!" Example):

Anyways, I hope these examples are good enough to warrant a spot as a first or second artist, but even if I'm outsmarted by a better artist and don't make the cut, that's fine by me and it won't break my spirits because I'll still look forward to any sort of awesome opportunities in the future. Until then, I'll be patiently awaiting your response! :3

PS: If you want me to PM all of this to you, let me know and I'll set up a PM for us to chat on.
DinowCookie
12/13/2018 11:28 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Procrastinator
morningblues
How demanding would this role be? I would like to possibly contribute to this, but am not sure if I should. I will pm you some of my character design art pieces some time this weekend :)
12/14/2018 3:28 am
DinowCookie
Currently I am hoping to release a skin pack once every 1 or 2 months. For each pack I'd need a couple of sketches, depending on the theme and variety of the skins. So for now let's say a work-load of maybe 6 drawings per month, which can be divided between two or more artists. :)

All team members work on projects in their free time. I understand when life happens, people get busy and we need to figure out a different way to get things done. In no way am I very strict about deadlines. As long as progress is made ^_^
12/14/2018 7:51 am
Level 58 : Grandmaster Procrastinator
morningblues
Okay that should work :) I’ll send over some drawings when I get the chance (probably tomorrow).
12/14/2018 7:55 am
DinowCookie
Looking forward to seeing those ^_^ thank you!
12/13/2018 4:42 pm
Level 21 : Expert Engineer
Thonck
I like to draw

horribly
12/14/2018 3:25 am
DinowCookie
Practice makes perfect! But I do need someone who can draw decently. 😅
12/13/2018 11:57 am
Level 48 : Master Sus
ArcaneKnight
you know you could have asked the team first, cause perhaps there was somebody there that already draw relatively good enough for concepts to be visualized....
12/13/2018 1:57 pm
DinowCookie
I don't want to ask too much of people who are already creating skins. :) And I think it would be nice to have someone new on board as well, especially if they're great at character design. :D

Any team member is of course free to make sketches and draw their ideas. I just think it'd be nice to have someone assigned who dedicates their effort to this. ^_^
12/13/2018 8:02 am
Level 84 : Elite Jarl
Aspirin60
I miss the funny toad skin in the team render... D..¦
12/13/2018 8:10 am
DinowCookie
Yes! I'll ask Frosty to make a new version with you in it. ^_^
12/13/2018 8:45 am
Level 84 : Elite Jarl
Aspirin60
(c: <333