Sonic The Hedgehog Build Team Recruitment

revenge_racer's Avatar revenge_racer6/23/13 3:02 pm
1 emeralds 172
Hello, and thank you for viewing this thread. After playing FV_Disco's Green Hill level, I thought it would be really cool to organize a build team to do maps for some of the more iconic Sonic The Hedgehog levels, such as Planet Wisp, Rooftop Run, Sky Sanctuary, Haunted Mansion, etc. Would you like to be a part of this team?

OVERALL REQUIREMENTS:
Knowledge of Sonic the Hedgehog/level styles
Email or PMC account for communication
Commitment
Skill in your area (Below)
Time to work (At least a few hours a week)

JOBS NEEDED:

Texture Creator- Will be creating custom textures for the map
REQUIRES: Image editing program besides MS Paint, a decent texture pack either in the works or something already on the web, the ability to handle criticism and being ready to learn from others, and PREFERABLY experience with creating seamless HD textures.

Level Design- Will head the actual design of the map, probably by drawing landmarks that will be included and certain obstacles, will help direct builders, possibly do some building themselves.
REQUIRES: Decent drawing skills on paper or computer, a way to share those with the builders/texture creators(scanner if you will be drawing), creativity, knowing generally what textures will be needed for the build

Builders- Will be creating the actual structures in the map
REQUIRES: Past building experience posted somewhere on the web, PREFERABLY experience with plugins such as voxel sniper or MCedit, can handle criticism and will improve areas of the map that are not acceptable, can create mechanical gameplay elements such as makeable jumps and mazes, will coordinate with the redstoners to make obstacles

Redstoners- Will handle all of the fine intricacies of the map such as timers, checkpoints, command blocks for potion effects (mainly speed and jump boost), and traps/obstacles
REQUIRES: Experience with redstone, being able to create redstone contraptions without copying them from somewhere else (being able to think for themselves), close cooperation with builders to create the best playing experience.

Also needed for this build is a private, preferably 24 hour server on which we can work, preferably bukkit so we can use building plugins such as voxel sniper.

WHAT TO INCLUDE WHEN APPLYING:

PMC name
Sonic Fan yes/no
Do you have a server we can use
Job you would like to have (please include work you have done in this area, if any)
Why you want to do this
Do you meet all requirements
Do you have a problem working with people of the opposite gender

I promise, you will not be declined based on whether or not you have a server, or your gender, I only ask that so I know how to address you.
revenge_racer
Level 43 : Master Mountaineer