Texture pack artist union website, need feedback idea

Noctris's Avatar Noctris9/14/16 6:17 am
1 emeralds 356 7
11/25/2016 7:47 am
Noctris's Avatar Noctris
General idea, Need feedback!

I had this idea to make something, but it will require help from you all texture maniacs like myself

The general Idea is a Texture pack artist union website (dont rush to conclusions please hear me out).

A website where texture pack owners will submit their own texture packs (and updates) with their own adfly links or whatever you use to share the texture pack. The website will feature a comment section for each of the packs that are submitted so users as well as artists can help people with their texture packs or others texture pack.

What differs this site from lets say resourcepack.net?

Well I was thinking of adding a tutorial section to the website for artists, we can all come together everyone can write some tutorials in what they are good at, i myself for instance had a lot of problems with CTM, and since 90% of CTM tutorials are out of date and dont have an exanple templates or images, its pretty hard to find these. This tutorials section would be awesome and helpfull for the whole community.

The website will also feature a forum, where you can submit your WIP packs, get feedback, help, etc.

Any suggestions or feedback? want to add something? I would do the website myself, the only help i would need from people is to submit their packs and help with some tutorials

Thanks for taking the time to read this
Noctris
Level 51 : Grandmaster Necromancer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/25/2016 7:47 am
Noctris
Been working lately on a pack sharing website, if anyone has anything to add would i would appreciate it
Current features:
- Custom page (editable in every form)
- Sorty by, date, update, likes, comments.
- additional filters to sort by platform (java,pe, win10)
- Additional filters to sort by style / theme
- Additional filters to sort by resolution
- Additional filters to sort by native resolution
- Added native resolution (lets users pick a resolution that the pack looks best on)
- Change tags to show on pack preview
- Submited packs must pass evaluation and must have the required content (screen shots, description, etc.)
- User and artists able to comment on texture packs
- users able to thumb up packs
- supporting adfly or any other url shortener
- SSL secure (entire website is ssl secure)
- facebook registration
- custom subdomain for sharing the pack
- site wide forums to discuss anything.
- add friends option
- PM-s

TO DO:
- add tutorials
- make a private support page for packs (users will be able to send tickets directly to authors)
- add private reviews.

IF you have any more ideas I would greatly appriciate it I want to make this website a place where artists have the abbility to share their packs like they want to, and to let the users browse these packs with ease.
09/29/2016 7:51 am
Noctris
Just wanted to update everyone on my earlier project about a union website. Its still under dev, but making progress.

So far the website features:

- Resource pack rating (only upvotes allowed, no negative votes to avoid renewed packs never digging out to the surface)
- Resource pack Detailed reviews (these do not affect the resource pack standing, they are only there as a helpfull guide for the authors)
- Ranks! Each author starts with rank 1, and earns ranks up to 4, with each rank, he gains more thrust, and is allowed to edit more stuff on their page, rank 4 will ofer amazing customization options aswell as some bonuses)
- Custom download links (every author has the ability to put whatever download link he / she desires, including adfly links)
- Page templates (everyone will be able to choose a page template to further customize the look of the page, this is ment for people who are rank 1 and have not yet unlocked the full customization options, or for thouse people who are not willing to edit their own pages)
- Sort packs by votes, size, platform, theme / cathegory
- Set multiple cathegories and sizes for a single pack (authors can set multiple themes / sizes for their pack, so whatever the user looks for, the pack will be listed under the appropriate group
- Page commens for users to leave feedback / commenst about each pack
- Forums and groups, to allow users / artists to make group projects or help people out, or just get an oppinion on some textures they are working on
- Live Notification system that will notify you of any replies / messages without refreshing the page

- More to come

Please if you have any sugestions, write them below.
09/16/2016 12:12 pm
Noctris
Thanks for the support and for taking your time to write one, most of the people just flow by
09/16/2016 10:29 am
Level 1 : New Network
Baph0bert
Loved the idea
09/16/2016 6:31 am
Noctris
Bump
09/15/2016 9:37 am
Noctris
Great Will see if i Make it thought, so far the interest seems low, and in order for this to work i need artists, i dont want to take packs without permission and post them.
09/14/2016 3:50 pm
Level 1 : New Crafter
18thCentury
Sounds good, I'll absolutely publish the pack I have started if you make a website for it, I would also like to come in contact with more texture makers.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome