[Recruiting] Voxel Doctor: FORGE Mod for 1.6.4

BlueCube's Avatar BlueCube12/29/13 5:18 pm
5/26/2014 8:34 pm
TheSaucyMerchant's Avatar TheSaucyMerchant

Mod link:
http://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/164- ... r-who-mod/

NOT RECRUITING ATM.

I have recently started the development of this Doctor Who fan mod. This is NOT a copy of the Dalek mod or the DWCM. I am creating this mod with the intention of being original and creative as well as producing quality models and work.

Obviously if any mod is going to achieve more complex things, more talent is required. As I am not a modder at heart, I have created this forum to search for help.

Currently the mod is fairly small, but is already underway and contains a fair amount of content. I suggest you check it out before reading further.

Positions:
I am looking for help in a few categories. They are as follows.

Ideas: I am looking for those who are interested in giving well thought out ideas that would be possible to implement into this mod. Of course, not all ideas will be used so this is not for those who simply want their stuff in the mod.

Coding: This is an area where I would need the most help. I can do some things, but others will require more talented people. This being a Doctor Who mod you would probably be helping with the TARDIS and other features that are a bit more in depth than I can currently do.

Modeling: Right now, I can easily make quality models on my own but it would be nice to have others who can do some of the work. Please note that I am not just looking for someone who can use Techne but also someone who is willing to but in the effort to create accurate and quality models.

Application Forms:
If you are looking to help with this mod, please fill out the correct form below. If you have any questions, please PM me.

Idea Dude Form:
-What is your age?
-Please present in text a creative idea that could be implemented into the mod.
-Are you a fan or have watched Doctor Who?
-Do you have any modding experience or knowledge thereof?
-Give a simple description of your maturity and how well you relate to others.

Coder Form:
-What is your age?
-Please present a link to your best work.
-How much modding experience do you have?

Modeler Form:
-What is your age?
-Please present a link to your best work or some of your Techne models.
-How much have you used Techne/how good are you at using it? Are you willing to put in the effort to improve your model if it is found lacking in some area?

Sorry, but it is necessary for these questions to be answered before I can accept your cooperation in this mod.
I can not pay for your work, nor would it be legal for me to do so.

Thank you for your time.

~BlueCube
BlueCube
Level 20 : Expert Archer

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/26/2014 8:34 pm
Level 3 : Apprentice Architect
TheSaucyMerchant
I know your not recruiting, but if and when you are

-What is your age? 13
if you ever implement a vortex manipulator, have it have a fancy looking GUI, like the pipboy interface in fallout, with lots of buttons and switches and wheels, most of which are just there to make it more complicated looking
-Are you a fan or have watched Doctor Who? is this a rhetorical question? P.S. Yes
-Do you have any modding experience or knowledge thereof? yes
Ive worked in multiple team environments, i work well with others.
05/26/2014 6:53 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Mage
jawdun
-What is your age?

Well, it's to please all the fanboys/fangirls, add in items and miscellaneous items from BBC's Sarah-Jane Adventures & Torchwood for example, The Sonic Blaster... Sonic Lipstick... Or maybe go as far as Sherlock's scarf...

I am completely inlove with Doctor Who. I love the idea of a hobo travelling the cosmos! The man who's sad yet so full of life sauntering away from planet to planet, world to world, saving lives and UGH. I love it.

I do my fair bit of coding (No idea if it's of any use to the mod) and pixel art/skinning for mods. I disliked the purple taint in Thaumcraft so I made it green

I'm fairly mature, yes, and I can get long with others fine If they annoy me, I don't exactly strive to provoke them more - I'm not an idiot... Well, moderate idiot but sshh
05/26/2014 12:22 pm
BlueCube
Actually, I'm sorry to say it but I'm not really recruiting atm. Sorry. D:

Thank you for applying though.
04/28/2014 7:59 pm
BlueCube
saske118
Idea Dude Form:

(not so)Creative Idea:

Increased range of Sonic Screwdriver , like 5-8 blocks, and ability to send a redstone pulse through blocks or at least activate buttons and levers. This would make the sonic screwdriver complete.

Also to make the new TARDIS stand out, I would recommend concentrating on the flying mode rather than time and space thingy. Thingy. Love that word.

Doctor Who:Only started watching it about 1 month ago, but in that time I've managed to cover series 5-7, and the beginning of the 9th doctor. So I am not a crazy fan, but I do love it.

Modding xp/knowledge: Well yes, I know the foundation of coding and how it works, but the modding experience- not that much.

Maturity: Hard question. Really hard one. I don't know what to say. Really don't
If I really must, I would say it depends. I am only serious when I'm not in the mood, or extremely concentrated. That's all.

Anything else?: I honestly want to join the team to just be there, to lighten the mood I guess. I sure will also give my ideas and try to give support I can give. Also I would really love to help out with item textures or designing. Don't care what.

Accepted.

As usual, just message me and I'll give you more info as needed.
04/18/2014 3:57 pm
Level 29 : Expert Ranger
saske118
Idea Dude Form:

(not so)Creative Idea:

Increased range of Sonic Screwdriver , like 5-8 blocks, and ability to send a redstone pulse through blocks or at least activate buttons and levers. This would make the sonic screwdriver complete.

Also to make the new TARDIS stand out, I would recommend concentrating on the flying mode rather than time and space thingy. Thingy. Love that word.

Doctor Who:Only started watching it about 1 month ago, but in that time I've managed to cover series 5-7, and the beginning of the 9th doctor. So I am not a crazy fan, but I do love it.

Modding xp/knowledge: Well yes, I know the foundation of coding and how it works, but the modding experience- not that much.

Maturity: Hard question. Really hard one. I don't know what to say. Really don't
If I really must, I would say it depends. I am only serious when I'm not in the mood, or extremely concentrated. That's all.

Anything else?: I honestly want to join the team to just be there, to lighten the mood I guess. I sure will also give my ideas and try to give support I can give. Also I would really love to help out with item textures or designing. Don't care what.
03/08/2014 11:03 am
Level 7 : Apprentice Hunter
craigbalmer
-What is your age? 14
-Please present a link to your best work . http://www.ikingssgc.com/forums/index.p ... ures.3874/
-Are you a fan or have watched Doctor Who? Yup
-How much modding experience do you have? none.....
Very Matureish

(I Can do texturing)
04/28/2014 7:57 pm
BlueCube
Accepted.

Sorry for taking so long to respond. I will be able to use some texture help in the future for consoles and such.

Anyway, please message me and I'll go from there.
02/16/2014 4:56 pm
Level 14 : Journeyman Modder
BrojGames
Coder Form:
-What is your age?

-14 nearly 15
-i have been making my own mod but its not about doctor who i currently do not have a link to its MCF page
-i have been watching doctor who since 2005
- i have a bit of experience like i said i've made a mod
- i am fairly mature and i get on well with others
02/18/2014 9:27 am
BlueCube
I will need to see some of your work first. For now, you're a pending member.

Thanks.
02/13/2014 6:35 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
gabe4356
Ok, so, what do I work on atm? I have a lot of free time, feb. break.
01/31/2014 9:32 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Mage
Sam54535
-What is your age?
Working tardis console blockes. ex. one to teleport to different coordinants, one to print out text on a sheet of paper, one to give you coffee (with a cooldown time) and one to change your different dimension (earth, nether, the moon, mars, INSERT DRWHO PLANETS HERE.
I am a huge fan , I have lots of merchandise and posters, I have whatched every episode of the revived series about 3 times each i know the names of every episode as well. as of the old series it aird before i was born but i have watched some of them.
Not really
??? good, i suppose?
Thanks
02/13/2014 12:35 pm
BlueCube
Thank you for applying, but unfortunately I'm not in need of ideas at the moment. I will contact you if I need your help in the future.
01/15/2014 5:05 pm
Level 21 : Expert Explorer
Dogrules23
Idea Dude Form: -What is your age? 16
-Please present in text a creative idea that could be implemented into the mod. I was thinking maybe the Flood from the Waters of Mars
-Are you a fan or have watched Doctor Who? Yes
-Do you have any modding experience or knowledge thereof? I know that it is complicated
-Give a simple description of your maturity and how well you relate to others. I am very mature in my point of view.
01/30/2014 7:10 pm
BlueCube
Atm, I don't really need many ideas, but when I do I'll let you know.
Thanks.
01/04/2014 11:58 am
This reply was removed by the poster or a moderator.
01/04/2014 12:41 pm
BlueCube
Your application will be on hold. I just need one or two examples of techne work related to Doctor Who. Then I can accept.
12/31/2013 10:44 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
Pikachu0813
-What is your age? 14 (turning 15 in August)
Making a custom sonic screwdriver where it could have different colors and shapes and even sizes or a option to be another race for example: Steve, Dalek, Cyberman, Timelord ect.
-Are you a fan or have watched Doctor Who? Yes
-Do you have any modding experience or knowledge thereof? I have not worked on any other mod but i have made suggestions to the team who make the Pixelmon mod and i have talked to them over TeamSpeak
I am not mature most of the time because when i think of mature i think it's not very fun but i can be mature at times. I am very friendly to others except when they annoy me then i'm a jerk to them but otherwise i am a very friendly person.
01/01/2014 8:09 pm
BlueCube
Application accepted.

At the moment, I'm not in need of much ideas, but you can message with some anyway.
12/30/2013 5:39 pm
Level 24 : Expert Network
NOTAVALIABLE
ww.minecraftforum.net/topic/814675-doctor-who-client-mod-a-whovians-dream-minecraft-experience-tardis-sonic-screwdriver-time-travel-more-christmas-festivities-wip-164/

already a massive dw mod but dont let your hopes down! your's might be as good!
12/30/2013 7:35 pm
BlueCube
Yep. I know all about the DWCM and Dalek Mod. They are very cool but I felt like putting my models and things to my own mod.
12/30/2013 5:36 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Blob
gabe4356
-What is your age?

- 11 (Well...I'm mature for my age when I'm not with my friends, or really excited about getting a new game or something_
- http://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/solar-system-mod-v001-beta-wip-modloader/ (Not updated yet, but read the comments)
- HUGE FAN OF DOCTOR WHO
- Quite a lot, started a year or two ago, but I started making good mods with in the past few months.
-Not quite sure what this question means, but as I mentioned before, I am quite mature for my age, and with the "how well you relate to others." Part, I'm not sure what that means...does it mean how social you are? idk (please tell me what that means, then I'll just edit this application, sorry)
12/30/2013 7:46 pm
BlueCube
Thanks.

Sorry if the last question was confusing.
Your application is accepted.

~BlueCube
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome