I need help creating a mod

Calling all programmers: your mods go here!

Post Permalink
by XxSkittleBloxXx » 6/16/2017

Hi i would like to create a mod that adds basic city stuff such as, powerlines, realistic meat, realistic road signs, etc. sort of like Flenixcities
Game Version: 1.7.10
I have heard of Mcreator it's really useful but I have one problem, I don't know how to upload models you make and send them directly into Mcreator.
And I am not really good on making textures.
I will try to use Mr.Crayfish's Model Creator as it does seem really easy to use.
UPDATE:
I would like to hire anyone for making this mod and sending it to me,
yes I will give you credit for helping to make this mod possible but the only thing is,
if you do claim this mod/idea as yours, I will report you due to Copyright because I got this mod From Flenixcities but I'm just adding new things that it normally doesn't have

DISCLAIMER: IF YOU CHOOSE TO HELP VOLUNTEER/GET HIRED TO MAKE THIS MOD, I CANNOT REALLY PAY YOU
If you would like to volunteer, PLEASE PM me! Thank you :D
Level 5
Apprentice Engineer

Post Permalink
by XxSkittleBloxXx » 6/17/2017

How do I post a picture here? I would like to show my progress
bad news. I'm having a bit of difficulty by adding the textures.
Does anyone know where I can get standard Minecraft textures?
it needs to be 16x16
Update: Apparently I need Techne to upload my textures into Mcreator :x
I guess I should go download it
Last edited by XxSkittleBloxXx on 6/17/2017, edited 1 time in total.
Level 5
Apprentice Engineer

Post Permalink
by HbTextures » 6/17/2017

Ohoho, power lines! I can already tell you that MCreator won't get you that far. I also recommend you to use another modeling program as the MrCrayfish program only exports models to json, whereas json models were made compatible (and mandatory) in 1.8. Best would be Techne, problem is that this program was discontinued and doesn't work anymore. Manus' SMPToolbox is also very great, but it was specialized for flans mod content pack models only, If you want to export the models as a java file, you'd have to change a few things, but at least it works well.
Maker of the glorious Nuclear Tech Mod!
Level 49
Master Modder

Post Permalink

So which do you think I should use?
Actually there's actually a modder who used Mcreator and created these powerlines semi-minecraft realistic and he claimed to have done it without mods and used Mcreator.
And yeah I just found out my model won't be downloading into Mcreator as it was not made in Techne, I'm about to go download it.
But on Mcreator, is it possible if I could upload real meat but add them as a food item in game as a mod and not a texture pack?

UPDATE: I've given up on the whole city mod, but I'm now focusing on the realistic textured meat
First mod update may be released tomorrow
Last edited by XxSkittleBloxXx on 6/17/2017, edited 1 time in total.
Level 5
Apprentice Engineer

Post Permalink

XxSkittleBloxXx wrote:So which do you think I should use?
Actually there's actually a modder who used Mcreator and created these powerlines semi-minecraft realistic and he claimed to have done it without mods and used Mcreator.
And yeah I just found out my model won't be downloading into Mcreator as it was not made in Techne, I'm about to go download it.
But on Mcreator, is it possible if I could upload real meat but add them as a food item in game as a mod and not a texture pack?

The SMP Toolbox has an export function for the techne format, I think it would work then.
Level 49
Master Modder

Post Permalink

Yeah but I decided since adding new foods to Minecraft was way easier in Mcreator, I decided to do that, but how do I add multiple items/or in this case food items into 1 mod?
because once I try to add a new food texture, I end up replacing the previous one.
Level 5
Apprentice Engineer

Post Permalink

XxSkittleBloxXx wrote:Yeah but I decided since adding new foods to Minecraft was way easier in Mcreator, I decided to do that, but how do I add multiple items/or in this case food items into 1 mod?
because once I try to add a new food texture, I end up replacing the previous one.

It has been years since I last used MCreator (eclipse 4 life), maybe they replace each other if they have the same name?
Level 49
Master Modder

Post Permalink

lol and no I replace the names but thanks anyway
Level 5
Apprentice Engineer

Post Permalink

Good news!
Meat mod Beta 1 Version 1.0.0 has just come out today!
This mod mainly just includes
realistic meat textures for 1.7.10
if any issues accour, PM me!
thanks!
Level 5
Apprentice Engineer

Post Permalink

XxSkittleBloxXx wrote:Good news!
Meat mod Beta 1 Version 1.0.0 has just come out today!
This mod mainly just includes
realistic meat textures for 1.7.10
if any issues accour, PM me!
thanks!

You mod is down, guess it was taken down due to it being made with a modmaker. ...I maybe should've told you that.
Level 49
Master Modder

Post Permalink

Unfortunately yes, apparently you cant post mods that are made via Mcreator.
I wish there was someway I could let you use the mod.
Maybe tomorrow I may reupload it and send you the link
I have to wait 22hours and 1minute.
:(
I wish I could send you the mod ;( :(
Level 5
Apprentice Engineer

Post Permalink

Oh, I think it would greatly improve the mod if you used custom textures instead of actual photos of meat. You could still have them look more realistic with a higher resolution, but they should still somewhat fit into the game.
Level 49
Master Modder

Next

Return to Modding