NEW COMPUTER HELP??

codysmith1's Avatar codysmith16/25/17 8:35 pm
6/26/2017 2:12 pm
Strum355's Avatar Strum355
Hello there,

I am looking to get a better gaming computer and i need some feedback and help so i came here@ planetminecraft.com. I am looking for a new desktop computer with a good graphics card and can run games smoothly. If any of you have a good suggestion that you heard is good or you have one, please let me know my max is about 600$ perferably amazon. Please let me know i am having trouble finding one with a good graphics card mainly and good ram. Thanks for the feedback.

- cody smith
codysmith1
Level 1 : New Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/26/2017 2:12 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
Strum355
Blue ZirconSo to everyone thinking that I was a troll/idiot:

I was only trying to help out Cody. Sure, you people are right saying I know nothing about gaming desktops/PCs, because I actually have a laptop, and I only remember using a PC back when I was 3 to 13 years old with a crappy Windows XP desktop computer. My brother actually has a good PC (with games like CSGO running at 100+ FPS, excluding our horrible internet), so that's why I know a bit about PC knowledge in general. I'm not going to boast or come back and try to argue with you, because that would be stupid as heck. Not only that, but I think all your opinions about the matter are correct. The only thing I'd say would be wrong is the troll part. I would never troll someone, because (1) that would be dumb and (2) I'd only do it by a request and admit it later to say who requested it. There's a high likelihood that I'm not going to go back to the forum, since Cody seems satisfied already, unless he's being sarcastic.

PS: I know he could simply build a PC himself. That post is for when he didn't have someone to build one for him, had no knowledge of building one, or he just insists on buying one from Amazon. For crying out loud, it was around 5-7pm EST (I slept in and woke up at that time) when I wrote it , so please forgive me for not including that teensy detail.

And here's a response to Cody:
codysmith1Thank you soooooo much my dude, i was pondering that one but i didnt know if it was good!

No problem! I'm very glad I could help you, even with the chaos and wars surrounding the forum (it probably should be closed once you seem satisfied). I actually never expected a bunch of wars and feuds when I refreshed the page, but thanks for being the light in this darkness. Unless you found someone who said a better offer than I did, then you're welcome.

You recommended Alienware, the single worst brand you couldve recommended. Besides being disgustingly overpriced, horribly cheaply built, and badly power balanced, their customer support is horrendous too. If you reeeeally know anything about PCs like you claim, youd know, as it is very much universally known not to buy alienware. Please dont recommend alienware ever again.

Not to mention you describing the various PCs earlier was badly worded. Im not going to start there.

In short: never recommend Alienware. Ever.
06/26/2017 12:52 pm
Level 26 : Expert Princess
star_weaver
by new do you mean a completely new system and you dont have 1, or you have 1 but its old and not worth upgrading?
06/26/2017 12:33 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
GamePhoenix
Does the $600 budget include stuff like mouse and keyboard?
06/26/2017 8:33 am
Level 20 : Expert Network
Sparthia
Let me know how it works out.
06/26/2017 5:19 am
Level 51 : Grandmaster Professor
Eli the Zeratoed
So to everyone thinking that I was a troll/idiot:

I was only trying to help out Cody. Sure, you people are right saying I know nothing about gaming desktops/PCs, because I actually have a laptop, and I only remember using a PC back when I was 3 to 13 years old with a crappy Windows XP desktop computer. My brother actually has a good PC (with games like CSGO running at 100+ FPS, excluding our horrible internet), so that's why I know a bit about PC knowledge in general. I'm not going to boast or come back and try to argue with you, because that would be stupid as heck. Not only that, but I think all your opinions about the matter are correct. The only thing I'd say would be wrong is the troll part. I would never troll someone, because (1) that would be dumb and (2) I'd only do it by a request and admit it later to say who requested it. There's a high likelihood that I'm not going to go back to the forum, since Cody seems satisfied already, unless he's being sarcastic.

PS: I know he could simply build a PC himself. That post is for when he didn't have someone to build one for him, had no knowledge of building one, or he just insists on buying one from Amazon. For crying out loud, it was around 5-7pm EST (I slept in and woke up at that time) when I wrote it , so please forgive me for not including that teensy detail.

And here's a response to Cody:
codysmith1Thank you soooooo much my dude, i was pondering that one but i didnt know if it was good! :D :D

No problem! :D I'm very glad I could help you, even with the chaos and wars surrounding the forum (it probably should be closed once you seem satisfied). I actually never expected a bunch of wars and feuds when I refreshed the page, but thanks for being the light in this darkness. Unless you found someone who said a better offer than I did, then you're welcome.
06/26/2017 12:37 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Miner
Strum355
Whatever you do, dont listen to Blue Zircon. This person has no clue what theyre saying. DONT get alienware. I would highly recommend learning how to build a PC yourself, itll come out cheaper and higher quality too. Its really not as hard as you think! Theres so many youtube tutorials. And once again, dont listen to Blue Zircon
06/26/2017 12:51 am
Level 52 : Grandmaster Lumberjack
Sergeant Sarcasm
I built my PC and I'm an idiot, I'd go the building route. More bang for the buck, and it's a good learning experience. Blue Zircon doesn't seem to really have much knowledge of anything computer building or even what makes a good computer.
06/26/2017 12:10 am
Level 37 : Artisan Demolitionist
Piotr01234
Depending on what games you are planning on playing, you might want to increase your budget. A computer that runs good off of amazon is HP Pavilion Desktop 550-177cb (24" Monitor Bundle, i7-6700, 12 GB RAM, 1 TB HD) with a EVGA GeForce GTX 750Ti SC 2GB GDDR5 graphics card. I am able to play wildlands and siege at 60 fps with this computer.

Monitor - HP 2311x

This would be around $1000

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017W ... UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IDG3IDO/re ... UTF8&psc=1
06/25/2017 10:31 pm
ohxerxe
I hope you dont buy crappy pre builts off amazon. They will last you a good 6 months at most then you will really see how old they really are. It all depends on what games you want to play. $600 is most likely the lowest of the low you can go to get a gaming rig although you wont be able to play many games in high settings or medium for that matter. Go to pc part picker and try to put together a system with an i3 and 8gb of ram and atleast a 2gb Video Card. I would give a more detailed suggestion and list of parts but not sure exactly what you would need from the build
06/26/2017 12:23 am
Level 13 : Journeyman Miner
Sheezie
My first gaming computer was a cyberpower with a GTX 650, i5-3570k, and 8gigs of RAM. That card is still playing a visually intense game like titanfall at medium high settings, which is console quality really, so good enough. And that CPU is still awesome. Prebuilt aren't as bad as you say, they are just more expensive.
06/25/2017 9:26 pm
Level 51 : Grandmaster Professor
Eli the Zeratoed
Hello Cody!

If you want a decent desktop computer for gaming, I recommend either Cyberpower or Alienware. Alienware is really good, but it's expensive on Amazon. You can find cheaper ones on eBay, and it's really good for gaming because my brother plays CSGO and he has one of those. He admits it works like a charm, so if you want Alienware, they're on eBay. Cyberpower is cheap on Amazon, and I heard from people that it's a really good system. To make it even more classy, it has a light and a little window so you can see how the fan is doing in there. Here's the specs for some of the Cyberpower stuff that I found for less than 500 bucks:

489 bucks Cyberpower: Quad-core (Or clod-core *snickers*) 3.8 Giga-hertz and can store up to 8GB of ram.
499 bucks Cyberpower: Same as above, but it's "Gamer Ultra" and doesn't have a quad-core (or clod-core *tries to hold the laughs*)

There are some Alienware mini desktops (that can be portable if you're going on vacation with it, so you've got less stuff to carry) for cheap, but the only have 4 gigs of ram and they have 3.2 Giga-hertz of ram. Those are my recommendations, but I don't care which one you choose.
06/25/2017 9:55 pm
codysmith1
Thank you soooooo much my dude, i was pondering that one but i didnt know if it was good!
06/25/2017 9:41 pm
Level 52 : Grandmaster Lumberjack
Sergeant Sarcasm
I can't tell if you're trolling or not
06/25/2017 9:55 pm
codysmith1
nah hes legit xD
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com