Overwatch Discussion Thread

JediJerboa's Avatar JediJerboa2/8/17 7:04 pm history
6 emeralds 13.9k 384
11/27/2017 11:02 pm
JediJerboa's Avatar JediJerboa

Hello, and welcome to the Overwatch discussion thread! Here, you and other PMC members can talk about strategies, vent about the about characters being nerfed, or just share your experiences with the game. You can also vote on questions each week and suggest a guide to be made about specific characters. The only one I have right now is the guide for Sombra, but watch out for the guides on D. Va, Ana, Reinhardt, and Symmetra very soon.

Here's a question for you: Which of Moira's emotes is your favorite? Be sure to share why in the comments below!

JediJerboa
Level 36 : Artisan Pokemon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

11/27/2017 11:02 pm
JediJerboa
Well, that was a great poll. Now what?
11/13/2017 3:11 pmhistory
Level 34 : Artisan Droid
Elec
the words Mercy and nerfed together are amazing.
11/13/2017 7:58 pm
JediJerboa
Agreed. I've had a shaky relationship with Mercy, and things aren't like what they used to be. I thought maybe it was time for me to play other heroes, maybe get a new perspective. I still love her, but I don't think I can main her anymore. It's sad, but it has to happen.

I'm sorry Angela Ziegler, but we're breaking up. XD
11/15/2017 4:29 pm
Level 34 : Artisan Droid
Elec
yup yup.
11/15/2017 6:45 pm
JediJerboa
Sombra has always been a better match for me. I spend a lot of time with her too. We both love annoying the heck out of people, making snappy remarks, and using my teammates to gain an edge. I think this is the relationship is meant to be.

Also, welcome comrade! If you'd like, you can join the Discord associated with this thread. Just be warned: it's a bit more mature than PMC content. Be sure to let me know if you're interested!
11/08/2017 9:25 am
JediJerboa
To be honest, i actually forgot about this thread for a while. Sorry! I'll try and keep better track of it from now on.
Liar
11/08/2017 10:11 am
Level 47 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
Karrfis
smh all these lies

poll is out of date xD
11/08/2017 10:46 am
JediJerboa
Yeah, I'm a total mess. Any suggestions on a new poll? Maybe something to do with Moira (who I already hate btw)?
11/09/2017 7:31 pm
Level 47 : Master Mlem Mlem Bat
Karrfis
new poll: do u like moira :P
11/12/2017 3:08 pm
JediJerboa
Done. Still haven't listen to any voice interactions but oh well. Also, where's the Talon skin for her origin trailer?
11/03/2017 10:07 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Senpai
AnimeFanFTW
New hero coming soon! And it's a healer.

Pretty hype
10/11/2017 2:02 pmhistory
JediJerboa
Okay, I'm going to change the poll to which Halloween skin is the best once I have a chance to get into the event. Also, McCree won the poll, and it seems we got more than we could have even asked for him. Van Helsing McCree is amazing.
10/10/2017 5:44 pm
JediJerboa
So the event has dropped! What is everybody's thoughts?
10/09/2017 9:34 am
JediJerboa
So... The new skins have been released. Mei is now the monster she is, Zenyatta has turned from harmony to chaos, and Symmetra's a dragon. What an interesting bunch we have here.
10/04/2017 5:42 pm
JediJerboa
It seems that Kaplan has smiled down upon me and given me the skin I so desired: Van Helsing McCree is real my friends!
09/30/2017 9:58 amhistory
JediJerboa
Okay, I finally updated the poll. HanzoXMcCree seems to be the most popular ship, with PharahXMercy in a close second. The new poll is which character(s) should get a new skin for the Halloween event. Just make sure if you have a second option, put it down in the comments since you can't have multiple votes now.
09/21/2017 2:33 am
Level 25 : Expert Ninja
_SirCreeper_
I'm getting Overwatch for my birthday on the 25th of september!
09/20/2017 9:45 pm
JediJerboa
So... What do you guys want for the poll? I'm a bit low on ideas, and the ones I have are super boring.
09/15/2017 11:35 am
JediJerboa
Um, should I change the poll now?
09/20/2017 7:19 am
AnimeFanFTW
Sure, if you want
09/20/2017 8:50 am
JediJerboa
Well, everyone seems to have stopped voting. I'll give it until the end of the day and if nothing has changed, I'll end it.
09/12/2017 4:35 pm
JediJerboa
Working on becoming a competitve Soldier main. Any tips?
09/20/2017 7:20 am
AnimeFanFTW
Have good aim, use healing pod for more then just healing yourself (for example, when you and your team is stuck in a Zarya ult), aim rockets on the ground for splash damage
09/20/2017 8:49 am
JediJerboa
Yeah, I've been trying to work with Ana main I play with to create what is called the "Budget Transcendence", which is basically a healing grenade and healing pod dropped at the same time. I'm also working on rocket jumping and making the most of my Nano-Boosts. The aim bit is a work in progress, but I was able to hit a Pharah with a Helix Rocket. Don't know if that good or not though. Still going to run a competitive Sombra alongside Soldier, so I have a fallback if this doesn't work.
09/11/2017 4:12 pm
JediJerboa
Uh, anybody got any ideas for a new main to take up for the new competitive season? I think I'm gonna hang up my Valkyrie suit, Caduceus staff, and blaster for a while.
09/02/2017 9:42 pm
AnimeFanFTW
Why did I ever worry about the Mercy changes? Mercy is so much better now lol.
08/27/2017 5:28 pm
JediJerboa
I just realized with the new Mercy buff, Mercy is actually a viable candidate for a Nano-Boost. This is going to be fun.
08/24/2017 11:51 pmhistory
AnimeFanFTW
So, we finally have details on the new abilities D.VA and Mercy will have.

D.VA got heavily buffed. She now has a new "E" ability, which allows her to launch a volley of mini missiles that do a tiny bit of splash damage that are fired for about 2-4 seconds. She can also use her main guns/missiles while using her "Shift" boost ability. Only downside, her defence matrix time is halfed. Overall, she's gotten more powerful offensive wise, but her defensive capabilities have taken a hit to balance. Overall, I'm fine with it.

Then there's Mercy...wow. I think she got heavily nerfed (Even harder then Roadhog to be honest.) Her power to resurrect people is no longer her ult. It is now her "E" ability. It can res 1 person, and has a 30 second cooldown. Her brand new ult is called "Valkyrie", which allows her to fly freely for 20 seconds, and the cooldown of her res is shortened to 10 seconds for the duration of her ult. Overall, I find that her res is now an ability instead of an ult is interesting, but man, her capabilities have been decimated. She can no longer multi-res, instead focusing on single target ressing, and while her ult will allow her to be harder to kill, I don't she many uses for it, except for being a harder target to hit. Main waifu has taken a severe blow, and I get the feeling she'll no longer by the No. 1 most played hero in competitive very quickly. So enjoy being able to multi-res while it lasts, people.

I'll need to test these 2 characters myself before final opinions on the changes, but I'm very worried about Mercy.

(In other news, I got every single event skin for the Summer Games, all the emotes, all the highlight intros, and even all the sprays. Life is good)
08/25/2017 5:06 pm
JediJerboa
Yup. I'm making D.Va Dogfights now.
Also, I will be playing Mercy less until i learn how to deal with her.
08/23/2017 12:17 pm
Level 20 : Expert Dragon
FangABXY
And here I still await a switch version :( It looks like such a good game.
08/23/2017 3:09 pm
JediJerboa
I dunno man, still, keep your hopes up.
08/23/2017 10:39 pm
Level 20 : Expert Dragon
FangABXY
There's still an app that will comeback out on NS allowing me to stream games. Maybe I could buy the game on my PC and play it on NS? -\("/)/-
08/23/2017 9:07 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect
xMrSlime
I'm a soldier main
08/23/2017 9:07 am
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect
xMrSlime
xD I love overwatch
08/23/2017 5:47 am
Level 18 : Journeyman Network
Oasis Network
This is Minecraft, not Overwatch.
08/23/2017 3:08 pm
JediJerboa
Ah, welcome comrade! Do not worry, you are not the first to make this mistake. Trust me, there's no hard feelings, so stay if you'd like!
08/23/2017 12:20 pm
Level 16 : Journeyman Botanist
Olly
This thread is in the "Gaming" section of the forums, in which you can talk about any game - please read the forum rules before posting like this.
08/20/2017 11:24 pm
AnimeFanFTW
Been playing some Roadhog, since people won't be quiet about how he's "unplayable because of all the nerfs"

I don't see it, his gun still does good damage lol
08/21/2017 1:06 pm
JediJerboa
That's not my issue, at least. I just find him unwieldy, or any tank for that matter. Let's go through my thoughts when I play a tank:
Uh...
What?

Where?
Where am I?
Oh.
Ugh...
Why me!?

Yeah, I'm completely hopeless.
08/20/2017 9:36 am
Level 53 : Grandmaster Procrastinator
Pionier
I like how this post is filled with staff and the only normal member's post I find is complaining it's an Overwatch thread on a Minecraft fansite lmao
Overwatch is fabulous enough to exist here too
08/20/2017 9:41 am
JediJerboa
lol thanks. It's usually because the normal people that come here haven't read the rules. Also, welcome! We also have a Discord set up if you would like to join.
08/19/2017 12:37 pm
Level 42 : Master Dragon
Wyvern
ytho
08/20/2017 9:28 am
JediJerboa
Just cause I can.
08/17/2017 8:47 am
JediJerboa
I wanna change the poll question to favorite Overwatch ship, but I have no idea which ones to include, save some. Any ideas?
08/14/2017 11:38 am
JediJerboa
Should I make a poll asking what everyone's favorite Overwatch ship is? I mean, I kinda wanna take down the Doomfist poll. Leopard won, by the way. So, should I do it or not?
08/12/2017 11:22 am
JediJerboa
XD I got a Play of the Game just for hunting down a Mercy and the Hanzo she was pocketing. After it finished playing, I look in the chat and see: "HanzoXMercy shall never be a thing. You did well Soldier." I almost died of laughter.
08/12/2017 11:47 pm
AnimeFanFTW
lol

Everyone knows PharahXMercy is best ship anyway
08/13/2017 11:42 am
JediJerboa
Actually, how many characters are shipped with Mercy? There's 4 I can remember, but there's probably more. But to be honest, I like GenjiXMercy best. So cute.

But I'm a McCreeXHanzo shipper so what do I know about ships?
08/12/2017 6:29 am
AnimeFanFTW
The Cricket skin for Junkrat is the best skin in the game.

No contest.
08/09/2017 3:29 am
AnimeFanFTW
guys send help

I was playing Competitive Lucio Ball, and after 2 matches, I went to search for another match. The game experienced an error, and now the game is constantly searching for a game, while not actually searching. I can't join any games, and I'm stuck on the main menu

Blizzard fix your broken game ;n;
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome