[Entries Closed] A Contest...for Builders!

Chiaroscuro's Avatar Chiaroscuro12/11/17 11:41 pm history
12/17/2017 5:13 pm
AkiShirai7's Avatar AkiShirai7
Theme: I've been wanting to do a Gothic-style theme for this contest, but I'm always up for suggestions, especially because it looks like we won't have as many entries

I've been noticing that there are numerous skinning contests, but substantially fewer building contests, so I decided to see if anyone wanted one! Also, I was in the mood for judging builds, but we'll gloss over that.

I am hoping for at least 8 contestants, and if more happen to be interested, I'll see what I can do about it (that's a big if, considering I don't even know if I'll get that many) They must meet the criteria as follows:
  1. I will only be accepting individuals, not building teams
  2. You must use default blocks (no modded blocks such as Conquest or Chisel/Chisel & Bits) but you can use whatever resource pack you desire
  3. You must provide be able to provide a world download (schematics will not be accepted) of your build
If the contest proceeds, I will announce the rules for the first round at that time.

Prizes
Though I haven't decided on a final prize yet, it can include (but may not be limited to) a world download of mine, a custom written story, getting featured on my profile, a badge/medal, or anything that the winner and I can agree on.

Join by commenting on this thread (preferably) or sending me a PM! Please, come by and build!

if you missed the entry and would like to participate if there is a next one, let me know
Chiaroscuro
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Ladybug

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/17/2017 5:13 pm
Level 37 : Artisan Herobrine
AkiShirai7
I could give it a try!
Can I? :D
12/17/2017 2:52 pm
Level 41 : Master Ninja
Shimoto
I never built anything gothic but let's give it a try. I am in.
12/16/2017 5:30 pm
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Paladin
LogMaiden
I would like to join if spaces are still open. I have only joined skin contests, as you have said, they are more popular-- probably because they are faster to do. I love to build, but I usually do it for myself. I can see this as a good way to show off my skills. }XD Gothic is an interesting build style that I wouldn't mind trying out since I haven't tried it before. My comfort zone of building has been in medieval fantasy for the longest time.
-thanks for considering me
[P.S. please PM when the first round begins, if you take me as an contestant.]
12/16/2017 6:18 pm
Chiaroscuro
Will do!
12/15/2017 11:51 pm
Chiaroscuro
The entry deadline has been extended to 6:59 GMT on Monday. If no other entries are received at that point, the contest will proceed with only the builders who have entered.
12/13/2017 9:53 pm
Chiaroscuro
Entry period has been extended! Thanks to Mining_Mr_Fox, PixelNinja112, and Kaotic Kingdom for having expressed interest so far. Looking for five more builders and we can get this underway!
12/13/2017 9:48 pm
Level 28 : Expert Dragon
Kaotic Kingdom
I'd like to join if you're still doing this.
12/13/2017 9:51 pm
Chiaroscuro
Absolutely! Thanks for joining!
12/13/2017 9:19 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Architect
LightlySaltedBuilder
I'm interested in joining, but I'd also like to know what the theme is, since I'm not very good at certain types of builds.
12/13/2017 9:36 pm
Chiaroscuro
Thanks for your interest! I'm still trying to decide what it will be, but it will likely be something simpler to start off. I was considering doing something like a imitation challenge, where I give a real-life building and ask everyone to make as accurate of a representation as possible in Minecraft.

As for a general building style, I know and understand Gothic the most, but I'm always open for suggestions if it will help get this competition off the ground.
12/13/2017 9:39 pm
Level 53 : Grandmaster Architect
LightlySaltedBuilder
My best area is modern/traditional, but I can do a bit of medieval, but I'm open to try new things too.

Also, you should have a longer entry period, so that more people get a chance to see it, since the forums aren't too active.
12/13/2017 9:50 pm
Chiaroscuro
This is true, however the longer it goes without entries, the lower it gets as other forums are active and thus, the lower chance people have of seeing it anyway. Still, because you expressed interest, I've extended the entry period so fingers crossed we'll get some more in :P
12/12/2017 1:31 am
Level 42 : Master Architect
Mining_Mr_Fox
An interesting idea. I'm not able to compete in the official PMC building contests, since the submission time highly favors build teams. Two to three weeks? For real? How is a single player with a job/study/both going to be able to build something impressive in that short period of time?
So yeah, a contest specifically aimed at single players seems like a great idea! I hope enough builders would be willing to compete in order to make this happen.
12/12/2017 1:19 pm
Chiaroscuro
Absolutely! One of my goals with this contest is to encourage builds that have detail and are thoughtful, rather than builds that are big because they look nice in renders.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome