No Home Challenge™

JwaddleMinecaft's Avatar JwaddleMinecaft5/9/18 2:46 pm
6/28/2018 7:47 pm
Totocchio's Avatar Totocchio
The No Home Challenge™ is a challenge where you have to live 3 Minecraft days with no shelter and no bed. If you die then you have failed but if you survive you win! Just saying, it is more fun with a friend(s)!

Rules:
You must do it in hardcore or normal mode.
Once done you must do the poll.
If done with friends once one person has died you have all failed.

This challenge will take about an hour in real life. Please consult a doctor before trying if have a history of medical issues.

No Home Challenge™ is owned by JwaddleMinecraft. If copied please give credit to JwaddleMinecraft.
Legal - Click to reveal
No Home Challenge™ is owned by JwaddleMinecraft. If copied please give credit to JwaddleMinecraft.
JwaddleMinecaft
Level 5 : Apprentice Crafter

Create an account or sign in to comment.

06/28/2018 6:57 pm
Level 39 : Artisan Llama
Totocchio
'Please consult a doctor before trying if have a history of medical issues.'
I see what you're doing. You're either trying to be cute, trying to be funny, or both. Sorry to burst your bubble, but medical issues are serious, and joking about them like that is just plain disrespectful.
06/28/2018 7:29 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Farmer
AdamStormCloak
"Please consult a doctor before trying if you have a history of medical issues." was not needed. But he obviously didn't mean to say it to disrespect anyone. This is a member who thought of a challenge to post on the forums. He acts professional and includes that to make it seem more professional. Since he includes the copyright. Please don't be offended by something someone else thinks up to try and lighten up other people's day by making up a challenge.
06/28/2018 7:47 pm
Totocchio
It's not the challenge that's disrespectful, it's just that the medical thing seems like it's done to seem fake-professional, or funny. A lot of people have serious medical issues, or have had in the past, and to see someone at least seem to joke about it can be quite insulting. This is not a selfish comment, it is for the people who do see it as an attack.
06/28/2018 6:55 pm
Totocchio
'™'
Just so you know, you can't trademark that. You can't copyright it either. Minecraft belongs to Microsoft and you're basically stealing it and claiming it as your own. Taking away the use of a bed does not mean it's yours.
05/10/2018 8:36 am
Level 43 : Master Musician
VietnameeGuy
I agree with HypeOr. Living for three days in hardcore is not terribly difficult, even without a shelter. If it was three days eating nothing but zombie meat, or something gimmicky, that would be more of a challenge.
Also, I understand that people on this site hate when someone else steals their ideas. But if its an idea without originality or substance, I wouldn't even bother trying to defend it from other people.
05/10/2018 11:17 am
Level 5 : Apprentice Mage
Xenku
It's just like saying because I'm designing a hardcore map and customized world for it that no one else is allowed to create a custom hardcore map. lol. I tried to tell him he was only going to get comments like these if he didn't edit down the legal stuff. It's all anyone can focus on xD <3
05/10/2018 7:58 am
Level 16 : Journeyman Skinner
Wobble Fox
This challenge seems ill-conceived. One of the biggest problems is defining a shelter. Could I not simply stand atop a tree? Simply being alive for an amount of time is no challenge without a secondary goal to promote the taking of risks.
05/10/2018 11:17 am
Xenku
I quite agree. :3
05/10/2018 5:58 am
Level 66 : High Grandmaster Senpai
Stubbs1
Apart from the fact that you can't copyright this (As in anyone is allowed to take this challenge and say they made it)

It was really fun. I did it on Hardcore mode because I know the mobs moving patterns, and all you really have to do to survive this challenge is to find food during the day. If you're lucky and start off on a Plains you can pretty much gather food for the first 2 days and use the leather to make some armour.
05/09/2018 3:21 pm
Xenku
NOTICE! (I am NOT staff)
Copyright is geared toward literary and artistic works, such as books and videos. A trademark protects items that help define a company brand, such as its logo. Neither one of these apply to something as simple as not using a bed in a video game, more then that the property owned here is not owned by JwaddleMinecraft. It is owned by Microsoft as they are the proprietors of Minecraft.

FURTHER MORE YOU NEED TO FIRST REGISTER YOUR TRADEMARK OR COPYRIGHT FOR IT TO HOLD ANY LEGAL STANDING AT ALL.

It's cute to use, but technically, if anything, you're just stealing what hardcore is, without a bed, since if you die, it's over. And it's much much longer then three days. The only reason I'm telling you all this is because you are only going to get responses like this for a bit with having all that legal nonsense in there :O I would suggest editing it and removing the legal section as it's not relevant to your post. Just if you want less comments like these!

Good luck though!
05/09/2018 3:08 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Network
thunderbolt73
Its really not that difficult of a challenge
05/09/2018 3:09 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Network
thunderbolt73
And yeah watermint is right, this isn't really something you can copyright
05/09/2018 2:47 pm
Level 11 : Journeyman Princess
PufferJackets