Pastel Galaxies ~ A Skin Competition for Any Level!

Kawaii's Avatar Kawaii7/11/18 3:45 pm history
20 emeralds 2.4k 104
7/28/2018 1:14 pm
Kawaii's Avatar Kawaii

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————
This is a skin contest, with the theme of “Pastel Galaxies!” I will be judging with the wonderful, DinowCookie! Make any skin of your choice, but it has to fit in with the theme. The theme, “Pastel Galaxies” would be a light, space environment with colors that you see in space. For example, light purple, blue or pink colors. Do anything you would like that has to do with space! Have fun with this theme and thanks to DinowCookie for posting a blog on how to create a successful contest!

Rules
  • Please don’t use any bases from other people’s work, or bases of your own you made in the past.
  • Contestants cannot enter multiple entries. One entry each please.
  • This skin needs to completely be made by you, but people can still give you feedback.
  • Please don’t copy other people’s work, intentionally. Your work must be original and new.
  • Judges cannot enter or it will be unfair to the contestants.
  • You can not enter an old skin you made in the past, we need a new one for the competition.
  • Make something having to do with the theme, or describe how it fits in your description.
Levels

To make it fair, I will separate the different skinning levels into three sections. This way, it will be equally fair for everyone. Please leave what you think which category would fit you best in the comments and one of the judges will comment back, looking at your skin experience from past skins. That will determine to us the category you will go in. If you don’t agree with your category, PM both of us.

Beginner - No use of shading skills, or simple use of shading techniques.

Intermediate - More complex and understandable techniques of shading skills.

Expert - Has even more complex shading skills with years of learning experience.

- нσω נυ∂gιиg ωιℓℓ ωσяк -
The judges will have a private PM and we will vote for around 2 to 3 days. On the 1st of August, I will post the winners in a forum or I will re post the winners skin along with saying the 2nd and 3rd places.

What it will be Judged On

We will judge you on these 5 things that each count on a scale of 1 to 10. All points added up together will bring contestants with a score out of 50. They will be multiplied by two and added as a total of 100%.

Originality - Has this technique been seen before? Is this a fresh style made by you?

Uniqueness - How this skin stands out from the other ones. The details you have done that is different.

Shading - How well you shade. The improvement in the shades itself. Do you really put effort and detail into it.

Effort - Did you put great effort into your skin making? Did you actually try hard and have confidence?

Overall Skin Appearance - Does this style fit nice with all the themes? Did you follow the rules?

- ρяιzєѕ -

First Place will get subscribed to from 2 judges (If already not), a skin request from one of the judges, and
a skin they made of their choice will be shown on my home page for a week.

Second Place will get subscribed to from 2 judges (If already not), a base request from one of the judges, and a skin they made will be linked on my home page for one week.

Third Place will get subscribed to from 2 judges (If already not), a hair request from one of the judges, and a skin of theirs will be linked on my homepage for 5 days.

Your entry is due on the 28th of July. On the 29th and 30th, we will be judging

Please tag your entry with XPastelGalaxies, and comment down bellow or PM DinowCookie and I your entry when you are done!

- ιитєямє∂ιαтє ¢σитєѕтαитѕ & єитяιєѕ -
- єχρєят ¢σитєѕтαитѕ & єитяιєѕ -
Feel free to ask any extra questions! DinowCookie or I will be happy to answer them!
Kawaii
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Lemon

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/28/2018 1:14 pm
Kawaii
IMPORTANT!

THE CONTEST DUE DATE WILL BE MOVED TO THE 4TH OF AUGUST, DUE TO THE SMALL AMOUNT OF ENTRIES!

07/26/2018 5:09 pm
Level 45 : Master Witch
Caromid
Here is my entry! gL!

Click Me!!!
07/21/2018 7:13 pm
Level 13 : Journeyman Toast
Planet_Grey
May I join?
Intermediate would be good..
07/23/2018 7:03 pm
Kawaii
Of course, Planet_Grey! I have seen your entry is already complete! Also, congrats on being the 100th comment on this forum! :3 And yes, intermediate would be perfect for you. Good luck!
07/15/2018 11:40 am
Level 32 : Artisan Button Pusher
Onegai
I might enter :) trying to get back into skinning ahaha
put me in intermediate ><
07/15/2018 12:45 pm
Kawaii
Yess Onegai! I have seen you enter some other contests I am in 2 so of course you could join! :3 And yes, I think intermediate would be so perfect for you! Also, thank you for entering because we are lacking intermediate leveled people. :) Good luck!
07/16/2018 5:58 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Button Pusher
Onegai
thankyou :D
07/17/2018 10:56 am
Kawaii
:0 Your entry for the day dreaming contest WAS ON FIRE 🔥
07/15/2018 9:54 am
Level 56 : Grandmaster Lad
mcrjellyfish
KawaiiCornz, I don't know if this is allowed or not, but I'm going to ask;
After I submitted my skin, I realized I had made a mistake. I don't know if I can submit that one instead, or if I will be disqualified. (I had realized I had made the eyes one block too high.)

I'm sorry for my careless mistake, but now I don't know what to do ;-;
07/15/2018 11:16 amhistory
Kawaii
No need to worry or freak out! Yes, you may re edit your skin. If it’s not in the rules, then it’s totally fine. I see you feel stressed about this issue. It’s ok to re edit your submission before the dead line.

When you go to the top of your current entry, you can fine a button on the top that says, “Edit Submission” or something similar to that with a little pencil icon. You can just click on that, and edit the submission yourself. When you are editing it, just re pick the file and you should be fine! :) No need to worry about anything.

Hm. Also, your file is now gone, which is a bit odd. But I’m not sure if you did that on purpose or not. Make sure to instead a new file when you are editing the submission!
07/14/2018 5:10 pm
Level 27 : Expert Artist
KittyCat12346
May I join?
07/14/2018 7:55 pm
Kawaii
That would be lovely KittyCat12346! Would you liked to be placed in intermediate? :D
07/14/2018 7:57 pm
KittyCat12346
Sure! Thanks!
07/28/2018 1:30 am
KittyCat12346
i just finished my contest entry!
07/14/2018 2:53 pm
mcrjellyfish
07/14/2018 2:17 pm
Level 21 : Expert Dragon
Ivicats
it's okay? qwp
07/14/2018 2:00 pm
Ivicats
07/14/2018 1:18 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Vampire
vampytte
can I join? :)
07/14/2018 1:30 pm
Kawaii
Of course! Would you like to be placed in the expert category? :)
07/14/2018 3:07 pm
Level 50 : Grandmaster Vampire
vampytte
Thank you! and yes please :)
07/14/2018 12:19 pm
Level 60 : High Grandmaster Paladin
Momu
07/14/2018 1:03 pm
Kawaii
Awesome! Your entry will be listed soon!
07/14/2018 10:00 am
mcrjellyfish
I kinda want to join the competition, but I don't know how to upload it to PMC, since I make skins on Skindex. I am new to making skins, and I do want to practice, so I think this would be okay for me.
07/14/2018 10:38 amhistory
Kawaii
Of course MCRJellyfish07, here are some instructions. Also, would you be fine in the begginer category for starters?

1. Go to the top of your screen, there will be some options for different pages to go to, Minecraft, Community, Projects, Skins, Servers, Packs, & Forums.

2. Click on the skin button and it will bring you to the main homepage of skins.

3. Scroll down to the almost bottom of the page, where all the skins end, and somewhere, there will be a blue button that reads, Upload Skin.

4. Click on that and it will send you to your skin editing page! I will only teach you about the most important things to do but you can explore more of it if you wish.

5. First, have your title written. Also, DON’T check the box for the Greyscale Contest or else it will be entered. That is the WRONG contest.

6. Then, fill in the Gender and type of living.

7. The most important part is to click on the, Upload Skin button. After that, just find the correct file you want to use. Then, click save.

8. Then, if you want you can leave a little note or description at the large texting area.

9. Also very important (for my contest) for you to find a section at the very bottom that will read, “Tag / Keywords,” and then where it says Enter A Tag, type in, XPastelGalaxies and click enter. Then, I can find your skin for the contest more easily.

10. If you are done, click the save button and it will bring you to the uploaded skin page! Also, please tell me when you are done or leave the link to it in the comments so I know and can see you are complete with it!

PS - I had some trouble myself making this because I forgot how I submitted my first skin. Sorry it took so long. My iPad is having troubles and I had to type it in messages and copy and paste it here xD
07/14/2018 9:27 am
Level 1 : New Skinner
Inspire_
Ill join!!!
07/14/2018 10:01 am
Kawaii
Of course Inspire_! I love all of your creations, especially the Mr. Cake Man! Lovely shading on that one. Would you still be ok if I put you in the beginner category?
07/13/2018 9:11 pm
Ivicats
07/13/2018 7:45 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Lad
Naimarra
07/13/2018 6:12 pm
Level 24 : Expert Unicorn
Fluoresent
May I join 💞😊
07/13/2018 6:37 pm
Kawaii
Of course Fluoresent! You seem excited, and so am I! So, you would like to be put in intermediate? :D
07/14/2018 1:21 pm
Fluoresent
That sounds great 😁
07/14/2018 4:49 pm
Fluoresent
07/13/2018 5:37 pm
Level 24 : Expert Taco
ChocolateGhast
Can I join
07/13/2018 6:01 pm
Kawaii
ChocolateGhast that would be great! :) would you be ok with being in the begginer category? Anyways, good luck! I’m looking forward to your entry! >:3
07/13/2018 6:04 pm
Level 24 : Expert Taco
ChocolateGhast
That's probably for the best lol.
07/13/2018 5:15 pm
Ivicats
Thanks >:3
07/13/2018 5:08 pm
Ivicats
I will enter the beginner category, I think it's the best :3
07/13/2018 5:10 pm
Kawaii
Ok, good choice! I am actually REALLY glad you decided to say yes! Hoping to see your entry! <3
07/13/2018 4:50 pmhistory
Ivicats
I want to enter but I see that there is a good competition :'v

Edit: t-thanks!
07/13/2018 4:52 pmhistory
Kawaii
Oh lvicats! Of course you can enter! Would you like to be placed in the begginer? It is fine if there are other people a bit more experienced than you, and they are not necessarily better. No need to feel down about your self. I can easily place you in an easier spot than begginer if you want, and it is up to you if you want to enter or not. Here are 3 different options, expert, intermediate, and begginer because I knew there were going to be people like you! So it is totally ok to be new. :)

edit: alright! I just saw all your gallery skin submissions and I was quite suprised! You seem so nervous but if we put you in the begginer group, I would so you have a really fair chance of winning! It is up to you if you want to enter, but in my opinion, you are really good for a level like this!
07/13/2018 4:40 pm
Momu
Ooh my goodness, can I join? .///.
07/13/2018 4:53 pm
Kawaii
Yass Momu! Would you like to be placed in the expert group? :3 Good luck! <3
07/13/2018 4:59 pm
Momu
Sure! That would be great ♥ and thank you :>
07/13/2018 2:45 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman uwu
yelloe
could I join the competition? ;v;
07/13/2018 4:09 pm
Kawaii
Well, of course yelloe!! As always, your profile pic looks AMAZING. Those pancakes floppin around... anyway, would you be fine with expert level? :)
07/13/2018 4:20 pm
yelloe
Yeah of course! (ps, thanks about the pfp thing, but i didn’t make it)
07/15/2018 12:33 am
yelloe
07/13/2018 7:14 am
Level 65 : High Grandmaster Poro
Chabileo
Hello, could I participate please ? :)
07/13/2018 9:09 am
Kawaii
Of course Chabilulu! Would you be fine with being in the expert category? :)
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome