Would you join a house building contest?

LightlySaltedBuilder's Avatar LightlySaltedBuilder7/13/18 5:58 pm history
8/12/2018 12:36 am
LightlySaltedBuilder's Avatar LightlySaltedBuilder
I'm interested in starting a building contest, but since there's not a lot of build contests in the forums, I'm not sure how many people would join. The theme would be a small/medium house that fits in the present day. It can be modern, suburban, a town house, european, victorian, as long as it's something that you can find in this day and age. And they would all have to be small/medium, no large houses or mansions.

So, if you're interested in participating, then reply to this post saying that you would like to join, so that I can find out if there are enough people to do this contest. If you reply, then I'll send you the link to the contest if it starts.

Also, I will be gone from July 15-21, so I won't be able to answer many questions.
LightlySaltedBuilder
Level 53 : Grandmaster Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/26/2018 7:53 am
Level 12 : Journeyman Narwhal
LimeInABush
Can I join? Also, when is the deadline?
08/12/2018 12:36 am
LightlySaltedBuilder
Sorry for late reply, I was traveling and couldn't respond. Yes you can join, but I still need to find/contact judges and prizes, and I also want to participate in the skyscraper contest, so it might be a while until the contest actually starts. But once it starts, you'll probably get about three weeks to build. If you still want to join, then I can PM you once the contest starts, to remind you.
07/26/2018 12:00 amhistory
LightlySaltedBuilder
Turns out I'm gonna be traveling sooner than I thought, so I'm going to have to postpone the contest until a later date because I still don't have it fully organized.

But, if you're interested in joining and would like to be reminded when the contest does start, then reply to the post saying that you want to join. Also to be clear, you would still be able to join once the contest begins, but this is so I know about how many people will participate.
07/22/2018 5:57 pm
LightlySaltedBuilder
Alright, so far there's 7 people who have said they will join, so I think I will do the contest. Hopefully there will be more people when the actual contest begins. It'll probably start somewhere around Friday, July 27, because I still need to find judges, prizes, and finish planning. When it does I'll PM everyone who wanted to join.
07/15/2018 9:36 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Cowboy
Indraft
sure buddy boi let's go

count me in :)
07/15/2018 3:52 pm
Level 33 : Artisan Artist
sushikay
Ooh, if that happens, (Which I hope it does!) I'd love to join!! I build modern houses all the time, so this'll be good fun :)
07/15/2018 8:26 am
Level 37 : Artisan Warrior
Great Conqueror
what will you give us if we win?!
07/15/2018 3:27 pmhistory
LightlySaltedBuilder
I haven't decided if there will be any prizes, since I don't have a lot to offer. But, hopefully there will be a trophy with the winners name on it that they can place in their profile, and you definetely get to brag about it. But the contest is still being planned, so prizes haven't been decided.
07/14/2018 3:42 pm
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner
piglygamer
I would like to join the building contest to contact me please use discord or dm me here discord: "9D RealDragz#7122"
07/14/2018 1:22 pm
Level 18 : Journeyman Bear
Stefffooo
I don't really am into build contests. But once in a while, I give it a try. It is really fun! You should try it!
07/15/2018 3:29 pm
LightlySaltedBuilder
So is that a yes or a no?
07/14/2018 12:53 pm
Level 62 : High Grandmaster Ladybug
Chiaroscuro
I haven't even touched Minecraft in a long time but I'd join if I have time when it happens.
07/15/2018 7:51 am
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur
DinowCookie
Would be lovely to see people start up their game again thanks to some community contests :D
07/13/2018 9:55 pm
DinowCookie
I would be interested in joining. :D I also plan to host a build contest of my own soon. The only problem is that I can't find judges :(

With the right organization and promotion it should work out well :D I really like your theme and I think others might as well.

If you like, I can even help you get it going ^_^
07/15/2018 3:31 pm
LightlySaltedBuilder
By the way, what's the theme of your build contest? I could be a judge if you can't find any, but it depends on the theme.
07/14/2018 11:25 amhistory
Level 38 : Artisan Artist
Antiquez
I can be a judge for your build contest, if you like.

I've judged the Pick A Meme contest, and going to judge the ETBL (once its judging day, of course)
so I feel like I'm a viable judge.
07/13/2018 10:01 pm
LightlySaltedBuilder
Thanks! Right now I have a lot of the rules and guidelines written out, and I'm looking for judges too. A question on the judges, do you think it would be ok if I some of the judges are not from PMC? I know some people which could be good judges and have PMC accounts, but don't have a lot posted and aren't active here, so I'm not sure if it would be better to have a more active PMC user as a judge.
07/13/2018 10:09 pm
DinowCookie
That's a good question. To have someone with a good name, reputation, good content and/or high level on PMC as a judge in your PMC contest can work in your favor. My advice would be to introduce any judges who aren't as active by writing a short bit about who they are and what they're good at :)

Alternatively you can work with anonymous judges, but then you need to be very clear about the points by which the entries will be judged.

In the end it's not a major factor but it can influence the amount of entries. So it's good to give it some thought. I wish you all the best of luck in organizing your contest :D I'll be here to promote it once it's up and running.
07/13/2018 7:28 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Explorer
SnickerToodles
I mean I like building contests, but I'm not going to remember by the end of July unless I happen to see it. ;P
07/13/2018 9:56 pm
LightlySaltedBuilder
So if you were reminded, you would join?
07/13/2018 10:18 pm
Level 12 : Journeyman Explorer
SnickerToodles
Sure, I'd try it out.
07/15/2018 3:29 pm
LightlySaltedBuilder
Awesome! I'm planning on reminding people anyways, so I'll PM you once the contest starts.
07/13/2018 7:13 pm
Level 10 : Journeyman Miner
anonpmc2054575
[deleted]
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome