Abusive Voting

JustHayden's Avatar JustHayden10/7/11 3:29 pm
1 emeralds 190 4
10/7/2011 3:42 pm
Lycandar's Avatar Lycandar
I think this is a huge problem on this site and it needs to stop! Just recently i posted a link to one of my most popular skins in the chatroom and asked what people thought, one person they down voted it because i posted the link in the chat (Not against the rules & ppl do it all the time), after i asked thhat guy to respect the time and effort i put into it and either remove the down vote or up vote it, i got several downvotes an all of my uploads in less than 30 seconds. Now this is just my part in the story but there are hundreds of other people that are effected by this. I see really REALLY good uploads that look like they took alot of effort and get down votes for no apparent reason.

What i suggest is one of three things
1. Remove down votes all together
No skin, mod, project..etc deserves negative or abusive votes because they put time and effort into their upload and thought "People on planetminecraft would like this, i'll share it with them".

2. Add down votes to the ranking system, you must reach a high, respectable level to beable to down vote or vote all together.

3. Must leave a reason why you downvoted and have to option to request a removal of that downvote if an absuive vote or vote with no note, also have one down vote in a specified time.

This is my opinion on the matter and i would like this to be cosidered.

Thanks for reading!
JustHayden
Level 32 : Artisan Architect

Create an account or sign in to comment.

10/07/2011 3:42 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Mage
Lycandar
http://www.planetminecraft.com/blog/up- ... wn-voting/

SourCookie's Blog covers this very well, and there is talk of a new system being implemented
10/07/2011 3:39 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Narwhal
brandman
The best choice in my opinion is absolutely no downvotes. It hurts people's self esteem you know? I've had this problem in the past, and dont worry about it. All those people who downvoted your creations are just trolls who are loser, therefore having nothing better to do. Just know that for them to be downvoted by trolls makes your creations pretty good. Not only that but you actually gain exp. from their trolling (visiting your skin) so just let it be. It doesn't matter and nothing to lose sleep over. Also, I'll upvote all your creations.
10/07/2011 3:36 pm
Level 38 : Artisan Miner
residntevl
1) Downvotes are not a 'hate' button, but the reason that people do it because you're trying to promote yourself is a bad reason to dislike a submission. Downvotes are meant to tell you that, your submission is either, not what they like, or you need to do better. What people should do to be able to downvote is leave a comment why they disliked your submission, it would provide a good outlet to show you why they disliked your submission and what you can do better.

2) Not all people create account to post submissions. Although, I somewhat agree on this point.

3) Look at 1.

sackboy198[youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=0urb6lU-FkI&feature=[/youtube] me after reading

Using ponies for trolling. Clever...
10/07/2011 3:34 pm
Level 28 : Expert Princess
sackboy198
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome