Anti Skin Copy Detector

SpartanSkeleton's Avatar SpartanSkeleton12/20/12 11:44 pm
1 emeralds 191 4
12/22/2012 10:53 am
oceoano's Avatar oceoano
I was wondering if there could be an addition to the skin upload process, as the title of this thread would imply, it would detect common skins by their faces/heads, as an example; if someone were to upload a steve skin, it would quickly analyze the skin and then block it from upload for being a steve skin. It wouldnt have to be for every skin, just for the minecraft mobs like steve, enderman, zombie, skeleton,etc. and it would also detect very popular skins, like for example, I see a lot of copies of "The Death" and I report them, but I still dont think they should even be uploaded, just more stessful work for the moderators. It should also block out common skins like slenderman and that assassin guy from assassin's creed (I dont play that game dont judge me). Maybe it could be added? Please leave your opinions.
SpartanSkeleton
Level 40 : Master Musician

Create an account or sign in to comment.

12/22/2012 10:53 am
Level 33 : Artisan Skinner
oceoano
They used to have it , but someone could change 10 pixels and it would be submitted
12/21/2012 5:34 pm
Level 26 : Expert Blockhead
Wayzo
Yep. Zaralith is right. Can be a head that is the same or a shirt.
12/21/2012 5:30 pm
Level 58 : Grandmaster Wizard
Zaralith
We used to have a system that would scan all the skins and prevent duplicate skins from being uploaded (using the hash of the skin) and I think that was removed for optimization reasons or something. I will double check with Cyp later to see if this is the case. As for facial recognition, that would not work because there are some skin creators that use the same face on a large number of their skins because there is only a certain number of ways to make a face that looks like a face.
12/20/2012 11:47 pm
Level 57 : Grandmaster Pig
Greytopher
As good as an idea it may be, it's probably too complicated of code to do so. There's plenty of stuff to go wrong with it; maybe people have similar skin styles on a certain skin, so someone else's gets removed. Or, when first installing it, it will remove the original skin rather then the new, copied one.

Either way, if this can be developed into a polished idea that works, that would be awesome.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome