Any one have odd/creepy dreams about cryptids or legendary creatures?

steriotypicalOutlaw's Avatar steriotypicalOutlaw2/9/19 9:31 pm history
4 emeralds 1.2k 13
2/25/2019 7:55 pm
ceejcake's Avatar ceejcake
I had a nightmare at 8 years old. In it I am a young Native American boy who lives with his grandfather as his immediate family are dead. His cousin lives next-door. It is a harsh and blizzard-filled winter and with no end in sight. Being unable to leave the house, and with the food running out, we are beginning to feel unsettled. One day the snow dies down and my aunt and cousin go out to get food. The storm started back up again and it was relatively a week later with no sighting of either my cousin or my aunt. The storm rages harder and time goes by. Soon though, we see a lone figure trudging through the snow. We fear the worst. The figure comes closer and closer to our window that me and my grandfather were standing next to. I press my face to the glass and see that it is my cousin. I get excited but worried, he's here, but where is my aunt? He gets closer and I see him better. He's covered in blood! Did something happen? Did my aunt get hurt? I turn to my grandfather with one hand on the window. He looks at me with concern in his eyes. My cousin bangs his hand on the glass. Startled I look up. He doesn't look right. My uncle's eyes widen as my cousin starts to change. Horns grow from his head, he gets taller and more emaciated, his legs pop the wrong way, he's popping everywhere! This isn't right! He.. It scrapes it's newly formed claws against the glass and lets out a blood-curdling screech. It turns and walks toward the house next door, to where my uncle currently is. I turn and frantically pull on my coat. I'm in the middle of putting on my shoes when I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look up. My grandpa stands behind me shaking his head. "It's too late my boy," he whispers, a tear dripping down his cheek.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

You see, when I had that nightmare I was around 8 as I said before. Since then I found out that I'm part Native American (at 10) and that the beast in the nightmare was in fact a wendigo, something that I had not known until I started playing Until Dawn and found myself infatuated with the wendigo as a species. I did more research on them and found pictures that looked just like the one in my nightmare. Another thing, it's the only dream/nightmare that has ever stuck with me this long. I was 8 when I had it and I'm currently 19 going on 20 in July.

(This story can also be found on the "Urban Legends and Cryptids" Amino under my name on there Sad Ghost.)

Have any of you had odd/creepy dreams about cryptids or legendary creatures?

Picture Of The Wendigo
steriotypicalOutlaw
Level 12 : Journeyman Goblin

Create an account or sign in to comment.

02/25/2019 5:56 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Unicorn
ThatBroadwayDoggo_
Nope, never had a dream like that. I rarely get nightmares that aren't about school or relationships. The scariest sleep thing that's ever happened to me was sleep paralysis. It's hard to explain so just google it
02/25/2019 6:14 pm
steriotypicalOutlaw
Oof, sleep paralysis is the worst. I get it all the time.
02/25/2019 7:55 pm
Level 1 : New Miner
ceejcake
Yea a lot of the time
02/13/2019 12:13 am
Level 1 : New Miner
250wattmixer
Wow, that's more like a horror movies script than a dream I would have
02/10/2019 7:25 pm
Level 42 : Master Architect
TNHo
Never had a dream like that
02/10/2019 2:43 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Princess
Dexe
I haven't had a nightmare like that before, but man would I be scared if I did!
02/09/2019 11:32 pm
Level 17 : Journeyman Pokemon
Noibat
yes, but i don't remember anything after i wake up.
only know that i've had them.
02/09/2019 10:19 pmhistory
Level 51 : Grandmaster Magical Girl
TakoTako
i don’t remember all the details of this dream too well, except for a couple scenes (there was another scene with a waterslide thing, but that’s not scary) and it’s also not really about a cryptid, but here we go:

a boy who was inside out and had all his organs on the outside, pulsating and moving as he did, was running away from an angry mob of people with torches and pitchforks, and he was holding onto a girl who was either unconscious or dead. he came to a large cliff, the mob closing in around him. he laid the girl on the ground and walked off the cliff backwards.
he wakes up at the bottom of the cliff, and there is no way to climb out. he tries over and over again and can’t climb out. he then rips all his organs out one by one and dies.

~~~~
it doesn’t sound that scary when i write it out, but the actual boy was the scariest thing about it, and he is still sometimes in my dreams, (just basic monster stuff, he crawls out of my closet or out of a dark space) and i’ve tried to figure out what the h*ck it means, but i think the whole ending at the bottom of the cliff is some sort of purgatory?? idk??? that’s all i’ve got.
(i was eight as well when i had this dream, so what is it with eight year olds and terrifying dreams)
02/09/2019 10:33 pm
steriotypicalOutlaw
Ooo That is creepy. (No Idea, Eight year olds are weird I guess..)
02/10/2019 2:05 am
Level 48 : Master Sus
ArcaneKnight
two I remember, one was were I was kidnapped by a family of bigfoots, the other was getting attacked by gremlins
02/13/2019 7:01 am
Level 32 : Artisan Explorer
TheCyanShyGuy
gremlins? xD that mustve been scary for you but i just find gremlins funny.
02/09/2019 10:48 pm
Level 1 : New Explorer
strawbymilky
Oh boy, I've got Native American on both sides, and those things creep me out. I don't get nightmares about spirits and stuff, but I do get recurring dreams and sometimes see what might happen in the near future with those dreams. Stuff like this runs in our family, try doing some research, or asking you parents/guardian to see what you can find out.
02/09/2019 11:01 pm
steriotypicalOutlaw
Yeah, I've been trying to figure it out. I know that everyone on my dad's side can see spirits of all sorts which I've inherited. I still need to do more genealogy work to trace my family tree and see who they were and ask around to figure out who else in my family has had similar experiences.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome