Deleted

anonpmc1336603's Avatar anonpmc13366037/3/18 7:25 pm
1 emeralds 220 3
7/4/2018 6:21 am
carbonawk's Avatar carbonawk
[deleted]
anonpmc1336603
Level 4 : Apprentice Miner

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/04/2018 5:24 am
Level 34 : Artisan Birb
Karrfis
the whole new fourms work a lot better and are more streamline than the old ones we had, the old forums were super out of date and didnt work and keep up with the rest of the site as it updated (lets not even start on the moderator side of the old forums, it was pretty bad, these ones have lots of ezpz buttons) these forums load and run fatser and have a ton of more functions like being able to hide annoying threads you dont want to see, they contribute to the planet minecraft exp system so forum only users dont miss out,

feeds dont default to active, it defaults tothe last one you were on, mine defaults to new as thats the bit i use lots, i understand what you are saying about the drop page, but feeds were decided on so they worked with the planet minecraft profile system (although i still want the drop page to be the table of contents)

certain catagories were moved/merged/removed because they no longer made sense or were not being used,

minecraft help still exists (minecraft/help)
server help was sort of merged with servers and sort of merged with minecraft help (minecraft/servers) (minecraft/help)
server recruitment was merged with servers to keep it all in one place (minecraft/servers)
general help was merged with general (disscussions/general)
shops and requests and requests were merged and renamed Workshop (minecraft/workshop)
recrutiment and teamwork was renamed to teams to generalise recruitment for anything, not just minecraft related content (minecraft/teams)

the whole forums now run on community input on threads instead of who can spam on thier thread the most to keep it up the top, now you can find out the top voted threads, the actually active threads where people are posting/talking etc

if you have ideas/ways you think could improve the forums the feature request ticket section is always open for new ideas :)
07/03/2018 8:04 pm
Level 61 : High Grandmaster Lad
Spy Jay
In certain ways I agree with what you are saying. I feel like now it is more of a nuisance to explore the forums, in numerous ways. When you are looking for a specific category you have click, wait for the page to refresh with the drop down menu, pick a sub-category, etc.
07/04/2018 6:21 amhistory
Level 18 : Journeyman Cake
carbonawk
100% with you right there. It just feels way more chaotic. Instead of looking at the category you want to look at. You have to look at each topic.

Mc help looks like this for me.

first one wants map idea helps.
3rd client issues.
second server help

3 post before I get where I want, server help.
This is not even to mention there are many posts out there that are not clear. So I have to look at the post itself. Wasting even more time. I rather have 1 second more load time, than wasting 10 seconds or more looking at posts I didn't want.

Also page loading with adds and trackers: 5.49 secs

without 2.27 secs

This seems very similar to the load speed from before the changes.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome