Ask me anything - Celebrating 400 people clicking a button

Stubbs1's Avatar Stubbs17/19/20 10:15 am
18 emeralds 449 81
8/4/2020 2:14 pm
Stubbs1's Avatar Stubbs1
Hello PMC.
Sooo erh... 401 people have clicked on a button called subscribe on my profile. Not sure why, but it honestly comes at the worst time because I'm up to my neck in projects, so there is no time to think of a creative 400 Sub contest.
So I'll just be copying what other people do because this seems fun, and rather low-effort :')

So! As the title suggest:
In this thread you can ask me anything! Real name? Do I have a dog? What's the cheat code on your credit card? - You know. Questions :D

As a fun little thing you can add:
"Simple answer please." or
"Detailed answer please"

And as they suggest, I'll answer one with few words (1-4 sentences) and the other one I'll answer as best as I possibly can :D
Thank you so much for 401 subscribers though! You guys are really good at clicking buttons!
-Tom
Stubbs1
Retired Moderator
Level 67 : High Grandmaster Senpai

Create an account or sign in to comment.

07/22/2020 10:50 pm
Level 49 : Master Procrastinator
Pixelgon
Any advice for someone with low subs like myself? (19 subs)
07/23/2020 7:27 pm
Stubbs1
Well, here on PMC there are two main ways of getting subscribers, but! Just to be clear: It shouldn't be your entire goal with PMC that you should just gain subscribers. That's kinda pointless. But there are a few easy to do things that can help you make a name for yourself in this community.

1. Be active on the forums and in comment sections.
- Everyone appreciates a reply or a comment on their creation or forum post because it means you've actually checked it out. This can quite quickly backfire though. If you just go from project to project leaving "nice build" then people will quickly notice you're just doing it for attention, and if you leave rude or simple unessecary answers to forum posts, you'll be labeled as... Well as a moron to put it litely. So simply put: Read the stuff people write, and appreciate their creations before commenting.

2. Become a skin-artist.
- It seems that the biggest part of the PMC community are skin-artists. Fun to be around, very talkative, and they have a habit of sharing a lot of the creations which they find really cool, thus earning the creator of that set thing more subscribers as well as being more recognized around the site. It takes a lot of time to get really really good at making skins, but there are plenty of people ready to help you with tutorials and friendly skin-sharing-groups on Discord.

You can basiclly do what you want around here, and I feel that a new user to the site, should always start by just trying to find a footing in one of the many communities that make up this amazing site. You can try your hand at modding, texturepacks, server making, projects, mob skins etc. Whatever you enjoy making, will eventually begin landing you a lot of recognition around the site :)
07/23/2020 7:46 pm
Pixelgon
Ty for the advice! :D (yes I did read it as you had said to do to others' posts)
07/22/2020 10:55 pm
Level 48 : Master Strawberry
Elicorne
here is ur 20th
07/22/2020 11:05 pm
Pixelgon
:D ty
07/23/2020 8:39 am
Level 48 : Master Strawberry
Elicorne
yw
07/19/2020 6:11 pm
Level 31 : Artisan Button Pusher
Mayonnaise2124
Do you like... [​Dramatic Pause]... Mayonnaise?
07/20/2020 7:33 am
Stubbs1
I've actually dropped about 20kg after switching out the normal Thicc Mayonnaise, with some light mayonnaise + cutting down on how much fast food I've been eating. But, without joking, I can't live without it - Mayonnaise is the one thing that can make a normal piece of bread with mackerel on go from: Yeah this is decent to: I don't need any other food than this.
07/19/2020 6:09 pm
Level 75 : Legendary Sus
Nitgo
How strong have you become after doing so many squats? I bet your jump height could take you to the moon & back.

07/20/2020 7:31 am
Stubbs1
Pff! The moon is way too close for my jumping powers. SpaceX says they're working on some stupid rocket to go to mars, but if they just did as many squats as me, then they'd be able to just jump to mars and start terraforming the orange rock. Then we could start a new utopia where only the people on earth who have done as many squats as me, will be able to jump through space, and land on mars to live out their days in the ultimate paradise and 1000/1000GB internet connection.
07/21/2020 3:52 pm
Level 59 : Grandmaster Slime Tamer
AmyOak
Do you just split via mitosis? Each time you make a new comment a new version of your PFP is created, is it still you or is it a clone of you?
07/23/2020 8:12 am
Stubbs1
Yes. The more replies I give, the more clones of me will come into existence >:)
Me and my army of clones shall rule the land of PMC and overthrow the kingdom!
07/23/2020 8:14 am
Level 59 : Grandmaster Slime Tamer
AmyOak
Good to know, just wanted to be sure you knew what My plan was
07/21/2020 9:15 am
Level 42 : Master Technomancer
Giancarlovan
What does your name mean?
07/21/2020 3:54 pm
Stubbs1
My name is one of the most uncreative things I have ever made :'D
You know how some people have epic names like: "Eskanord666Slayer" and they have a cool backstory with: "I slayed a demon dragon in the realms of hell, thus the 666 and Slayer, and I did it with my best buddy Eskanord who is a 2 times olympic winner in swimming!"

Yeah...
So my real name is Thomas Connor... And I'm not very creative so I was just like: Thomas + Connor = TomConn :dab: And now most people know me as Tom, so I'm not going to change it :p
07/19/2020 6:29 pm
Level 22 : Expert Modder
AlphaGameKnight
Do you like bionicle?
07/20/2020 7:44 am
Stubbs1
In Denmark we first saw the bionicle figures from LEGO be released in 2001, and seeing as my father used to work as a truck driver for LEGO, he actually brought home some of the newest bionicle sets for me back then, and while I was more interested in the LEGO race car and LEGO city sets, I remember spending hours upon hours writing down notes on how I thought the bionicles limbs worked, and why they were able to move as they did.
I also drew different positions for how my different bionicle figures could stand on their own, but I seem to have lost the drawings of them sadly. I do however recall that my first bionicle I got back in 2001 was Onua, aka this guy:
07/19/2020 4:36 pm
Level 70 : Legendary Dinosaur
DinowCookie
Will we ever meet in person?
07/19/2020 6:02 pm
Stubbs1
It feels weird to say, but I would actually like to meet you in person, but at the same time, I really don't :'D
In reality I think it's anxiety kicking in telling me it'll be awkward, and the most likely scenario is that it might not be as bad as my brain thinks it would. Though I wouldn't dare to go alone, I would need Line to come with me, otherwise my brain would panic and erh... Yeah that wouldn't be too good :'D

Unless! If you one day you turn up to a Minecon in the US or if there comes a Minecon Europe, then I would have a decent reason to tell myself why it's okay to meet you in person :')
Quick change of subject: It would be so cool to meet the Top-Notch crew with their own booth at a Minecon event if it came to Europe :'D
07/22/2020 11:56 am
Level 24 : Expert Architect
illdeletethis
me anything?
07/22/2020 4:17 pm
Stubbs1
anything me?
07/21/2020 4:00 pm
Level 47 : Master Robot
Wikimaster0
What is your opinion of survival Minecraft?
07/22/2020 4:07 pm
Stubbs1
I think that survival with friends is the most fun, however I do feel that you all need to sort of have the same skill level / goal to make it last a long time. I've played on a lot of survival worlds, but my desire to build giant cities instead of actually playing the game by killing the enderdragon, making automatic farms etc. Well that desire has brought down all of my survival attempts :'D

I only have one singleplayer survival world which - Just like my RCT3 parks - is a secret that only I have seen because I feel that I need something which is purely mine, and belongs to no-one but me.
So I really like it when I get to play with someone that has similar goals / skill level, but I think for me to really enjoy survival - It would've had to be a place like the PhrozenCookie server where the community consisted of so many different people, kind of made into different little groups that functioned really well together :)
07/19/2020 12:57 pm
Level 35 : Artisan Archer
Kwanatla
How much Minecraft do you play a day? (If it's very different from day to day, what's the longest you've played on one day?)
07/19/2020 2:00 pm
Stubbs1
I think I need to divide it into kind of 3 categories:

The longest I have ever played Minecraft in one sitting (Only gone away from the PC to drink water and eat, but not sleep) would be during a local event called CPH-Computerfest where I managed to play Minecraft for around 21 hours before going to sleep.

The longest I have ever played Minecraft, without playing any other game would've been back in my last years of folkeskolen, because I recall only playing Minecraft survival without ever trying a new game. It was first when GTA V Online came out on PC that I actually switched games.

The longest I have ever played Minecraft with sleep is a continuation of the CPH-Computerfest because I only played Minecraft during that event, and it went on from friday morning to sunday evening. I would estimate the total amount of hours to be just shy of 50 hours playing Minecraft with sleep, food and water of course :p
07/28/2020 5:14 am
Level 32 : Artisan Cowboy
Ruben0_0
A bit late to the party, but:

Do you have a set goal in life? What do you want to achieve?

And a less serious question (but important as hell):

Do you like mooshrooms? MOO!
07/29/2020 3:48 am
Stubbs1
I do have a few things that I really want to do before my lifetime comes to an end, and "lucky" for me, I have a really good motivator because I was born with a heart decease that will kill me someday. When is unknown to me, but I've learned to not let fear stand in the way of the stuff I want to do.

I want to create a music album. While I could just make it easy and write a few songs and then play some piano, quickly mix it and call it a day... Well I hate when people do that. I'm more into creating a punk album in a similar style to Blink-182. The target with the album is in no way to become a rock star or play lots of concerts and become famous. It's more so something I want to do because I feel that there isn't enough modern music that has that Blink-182 feeling. There's Pretty Vicious, and I really hope they get really big, but they only have 1 album out atm.

I also have a plan to finish university. If I do that, then I'll be the first in my family to get a higher education, and on top of that - I really want to be a teacher at a gymnasium, and if I had to die in the workplace, I wouldn't mind dying as a high-standing teacher.
Though I gotta admit that I have one big dream which is becoming a professor at a university. I am aware that it's basically impossible to become that, unless you're an abselout theoretical and instrumental god. Which Im not :'D

And while I'm not home atm. I have a pet mooshroom in my survival world, and I love it :D
08/04/2020 12:32 pm
Level 32 : Artisan Cowboy
Ruben0_0
A late reply, but who cares really. Yes, the reason I asked is that I remembered about your condition. It saddens me because you seem like a genuinely good person. But in a way, I suppose, it must keep you grounded in reality. The fact is, although all our journeys will be different, our roads lead to the same destination. That is the one thing we all have in common. And that is something most of us often tend to forget in the fuss of our daily lives.
With that said I wish you all of luck with your goals. Do whatever it is YOU want to do! University is tough! But seeing your motivation, I have no doubt you will manage.

And yes, mooshrooms rock!
07/28/2020 3:53 am
Level 14 : Journeyman Procrastinator
Pomegrenade
Are you actually a little slime guy?
07/29/2020 3:36 am
Stubbs1
Im a self-replicating parasite that will take-over this website >:)
Every time someone replies to my posts they create a clone of me. I can't replicate by myself, I need a host. You just became a host >:D
07/24/2020 10:16 am
Level 38 : Artisan Artist
Antiquez
I bet I could beat you to a race to Neptune!

(not a question, but whatever :P)
07/24/2020 11:11 am
Stubbs1
Depends on what we are allowed to use for racing! >:)
If you were running to Neptune with your enormous leg mucles, you'd have to jump run to mars for a pitstop first, and so would I if I used my emense and strong legs! But if we were supposed to race with lemons?! I would build a lemon powered space-car that yeeted itself into space from a ramp, then activated the lemon-juice propelled rocket engines, thus allowing me to get close to the speed of light!

The big question is, what would you build to topple my amazing Lemon-rocket-space-car?! >:D
07/27/2020 12:08 pm
Antiquez
I would use my infinite awesomeness to floor all competition >:)
07/28/2020 3:47 am
Stubbs1
Nani?!
Impossible! You can only get that from the surface of the sun itself! How could you have accomplished such an impossible feat, in such a short time?!
07/23/2020 11:08 am
Level 26 : Expert Creeper
CreeperKid_
how to get gud at minceraft?
07/23/2020 7:33 pm
Stubbs1
There is quite a few aspects of Minecraft which you can get really really good at. Since the start of 2020 there has actually been a huge rise in Minecraft Java Edition speed runners. I personally think it's because of the YouTuber called: Dream, but it's a wild guess. Speedrunning is something that will actually allow you to get good at most of the important aspects of the game itself, even if you don't play Java Edition.
Speedrunning will quickly teach you about how to make a nether portal, how to find the ender portal, which recepies to remember in your head, how to best fight the ender-dragon etc. The only thing speedrunning can't really prepare you for in Minecraft is building. Since speedrunning is all about speed, then funny enough: You won't need to build a house, and thus your house-building skills might decrease by... Infinity :') But you'll be able to call yourself a true pro!

There are many many aspects of Minecraft which you can "get gud" at, but I think that learning how to speedrun the game will teach you the most basic stuff about the game, and how to use the different mechanics of it. After that, you can choose to look into the other aspects of the game such as: Building, Redstone, Coding, Textures, PVP, Mini-games and Running your own Minecraft server.

Luckily Minecraft was designed for You. It's not a game about Steve or some main character, because in Minecraft - You are the main character, and You control where Your story should go. So that is how you "get gud" at Minecraft :)
07/21/2020 4:44 pm
Level 6 : Apprentice Architect
maXTheGreater
Do you like waffles?
07/22/2020 4:17 pm
Stubbs1
Warm waffles with vanilla ice cream, chocolate powdered top as well as a strawberry or a blueberry on top reminds me of a hotel I've been visiting every year in Norway, and it makes me so sad that I can't go there this year due to the covid situation. But! Hopefully I'll be able to go there next year and get those delicious waffles!

And yes, I could just make them myself, but the chef that makes them on that hotel is so good! I would never be able to replicate the taste of it :'D
07/19/2020 4:43 pmhistory
Level 41 : Master Nerd
Ang333
Would it be cool if we had a pmc party irl?
07/19/2020 5:56 pm
Stubbs1
If PMC *Cough* Cyprezz *Cough* one day gets a booth at the future Minecon earth, you can be more than certain that I will be going there, despite the fact that tickets to the US from Denmark cost just around 1.500 DKK (230$), on top of the like 60-90$ ticket to actually get in and the hotel and...

Basiclly: If PMC gets a booth in real life where everyone from the community can actually meet up, I wouldn't miss it for the world, despite my fear of the USA and flying.
07/21/2020 9:24 am
Level 41 : Master Nerd
Ang333
Same, but i meant like a lot of PMCers decide to meet up in one place and make a party.
07/24/2020 10:15 am
Antiquez
Ive actually been thinking about the same thing LOL
07/19/2020 1:27 pm
Level 63 : High Grandmaster Cyborg
Lemilas
What do you enjoy doing most in Minecraft?
07/19/2020 1:55 pm
Stubbs1
I have an unprecedented love for creative mode, and I can't help but fall in love with medieval kingdoms, medieval buildings - Everything medieval in Minecraft! So really, what I enjoy the most about Minecraft would be to download medieval kingdoms, roam around and taake pictures of the different creations, and then try to do my own version of set creation, or! Maybe someone had a great idea, but the execution was horrible. That's my second favorite things: To re-build what other people have made :D
07/19/2020 12:43 pm
Level 9 : Apprentice Waffle
Weaseled
Who opened up the first coughdrop store?
07/19/2020 2:09 pm
Stubbs1
From what I could dig up (btw. fact-check this ;p )
The first cough drop was thought up by the Smith Brothers around 1852. At first they tried advertising their product in the newspapers and would travel around. So not really a "Store", more so they were wandering traders so to speak. They did have an ice cream shop, however it was illegal for them to sell medical antidotes from what was a registered candy store, which is why they would sometimes travel around to try and sell their cough drops.

It was first when William H. Luden took the cough drops and created Menthanol Cough Drops in 1879 that he began selling it out of a rear door to his fathers jewlery shop. That is considered to be the first cough drop store in America. There seem to be no record of cough drop stores from anywhere else in the world from what I could find, but chances are that if you keep digging, you'll find out eventually ;)
07/19/2020 12:23 pm
CreeperKid_
If you are a miner a slime and a pixel puncher how are you a animator?
07/19/2020 1:50 pm
Stubbs1
I honestly wouldn't call myself an animator :'D If you're talking about the "animated" profile picture I have, I had to watch a few tutorials on how to make animations look good. I ended up with 3 key-frames for the character, and then just had to kinda match it together for when I thought it looked good.
But calling me an animator would be an insult to real animators that don't just have 3 key-frames, but might have over 100 different key-frames for a top notch animation, that only lasts 5 seconds :')
07/20/2020 10:36 am
CreeperKid_
Well I meant how are you such a good drawer if you mine punch pixels and put humans in your sticky corpse
07/19/2020 12:16 pm
Level 54 : Grandmaster Scapegoat
FishyBusiness
I'll have to think about this
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome