[Idea] Blog Spam Filters

Whoever01's Avatar Whoever014/30/13 6:05 am
5/2/2013 9:06 am
mommaCarole's Avatar mommaCarole
Hi, I have thought over this plan for a little while now. This would be great to keep the spam out of blogs however, may be resource intensive.

PMC should add the following:

Paragraph Detection: If the site detects a single, small paragraph of a blog (non-art, discussed later) the site should deny the upload of the blog and explain to the user why 1 paragraph is spam. If there is no paragraphs, but a decent blog size, PMC should allow it. If there are 2 or more paragraphs and are extremely short for a blog, the blog will be denied.

Application Form Detection: The site can detect if there is a form to be filled out to be a part of a group/server. The title can be scanned. If the site tests positive to the blog being a form, the blog won't be uploaded. If a user writes a decent blog containing a form, a red box will request the removal of the form prior to the blog being uploaded.

More Specific Tag: Instead of just selecting "article" for example, you can choose rant, informative passage, etc. but will be narrowed down to 'article' on submission listings. If the blog is an article, it can have spam filters applied. If it is something in the major category of 'art,' the spam filters won't apply. If the blog users images as the text, that can be detected and void filters. It should be against the rules to say an article is art to bypass filters etc.

Thank you for reading, please provide your feedback below, whether you like or hate the idea.

-Who
Whoever01
Level 47 : Master Princess

Create an account or sign in to comment.

05/02/2013 9:06 am
Level 54 : Grandmaster Witch
mommaCarole
of course, you could also set it up so that if the spam filter catches something the moderators need to approve it before it goes up, kind of like forum messages now that contain URLs. (See, it's a spam filter on the forums, which would work on the blogs too with a bit of different criteria.)
05/02/2013 8:54 am
Whoever01
Mainly, what this idea is a plan to superpower the already in olace blog filters, to completely and utterly remove blog spam?

-Who
05/02/2013 6:07 am
Level 47 : Master Lad
Doggle
Isn't there a 350/250 character minimum anyway? Should that become part of the upload. Before it goes live, it should check/count the words and if it is less than the minimum, it tells you that your blog is too short. So yeah. That might work fine. But I do get what you are saying but I think things like art should have a new home on pmc as a blog is a writing thing, but art is something entirely different. I am in the process of writing a blog about this over the coming week.
05/02/2013 5:26 am
Level 68 : High Grandmaster Nether Knight
Vrezh
pokerrymonwe already got that thing where you can write one blog every 24 hours which has forced me to just have the whole story as one big blog

You have to do that anyway, stories with chapters should be kept to the same blog and you can use the Update Log when you add a chapter.
05/02/2013 5:12 am
Level 21 : Expert Archer
pokerrymon
hmm :3
nah we already got that thing where you can write one blog every 24 hours which has forced me to just have the whole story as one big blog and if they DARE to add a character limit to blogs i would quit writing it ._.
05/02/2013 4:34 am
Whoever01
04/30/2013 6:13 am
Level 44 : Master Wolf Whisperer
ImaLittleCreeper
I sort off like the idea, but I see alot of possible problems that don't make it worth it.
04/30/2013 6:15 am
Whoever01
I guess so, sometimes it could pick up something by mistake.
04/30/2013 6:16 am
Level 44 : Master Wolf Whisperer
ImaLittleCreeper
Ya and that would be so inconvenient for someone who wants to post something correct, and it says it's wrong.
04/30/2013 6:19 am
Whoever01
If the person is serious that the blog is legit, maybe they can send it to moderators for approval. It is against the rules to deliberately send spam in.
Planet Minecraft

Website

© 2010 - 2024
www.planetminecraft.com

Welcome