Brainstorming public co-op server

RandomAcid's Avatar RandomAcid2/9/18 11:47 am
1 emeralds 82
I've been brainstorming an idea for a co-op themed public server, and I'm trying to figure out how best to implement my ideas.

The bare bones premise is a hub town of sorts, with an extremely large dungeon underneath it. The dungeon area will have monsters, loot, ext. with traps and puzzles in some areas. Sections of the dungeon will have specific themes, with increasingly hard monsters, traps, and puzzles to scale the rate of progression in the dungeon.

The hub town will have access to traders, blacksmiths, and other resources to acquire basic equipment and food. more advanced sections of the dungeon will have static placements of things such as Tinkerer's Construct forges, and smelteries to allow players to acquire better equipment, without making these things easily accessible. I was also thinking of implementing Thaumcraft wands, and adding nodes in limited quantity to allow for a "mage style" of play, but limiting their accessibility due to how strong some of these things are.

What mods could I use to create this? Mostly I need something to allow me to generate the dungeon, add more monster variety, set up some NPC traders, as well as a method to prevent building or block breaking inside the dungeon, but allow use of things like TC forges.
RandomAcid
Level 2 : Apprentice Mage